New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

These pictures show just how small and compact the main stand is,if you look at the trusses all around our ground they don't dominate the stands as much as the picture of the one at the main stand does.

The truss is absolutely massive. I encourage anyone who hasn't seen it yet to nip down and have a look before it's hoisted up into place.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What are you all talking about first of all I was there to see bonnyrigg, my mates son plays for them I'm not a ****** verman supporter and if you take a look tomorrow night you will see the fixing that's missing it's almost at ****** eyelevel .Before you start slagging people off

My ST is in A front and I can confirm that you are correct that one of the diagonal supporting ties does appear to have a pin missing. It has been that way for at least 5 years since I first noticed it.

How about rather than worrying and posting your concerns on JKB, contact the club and report it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The clamour for everyone who says anything bad to be an adherent of the h1b5 is both sad and pathetic I would add that Keith Hogg(ex-stadium manager) told me access to the roofs was nigh impossible so I would reckon a problem will be known but might not be able to be addressed during the season,

I will also say that calling Scabber as a non fan is an affront to a home and away supporter no wonder he takes umbrage.

Bit naive then

The good news is scabber doesn't need to report this to club

He didn't answer the several questions on this so guessing he never even thought to report it to club

Cool

Another Robbo

Chapman: Trouble at Tynecastle.

Cleveland: Oh no - what kind of trouble?

Chapman: One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle.

Cleveland: Pardon?

Chapman: One on't cross beams gone owt askew on treadle.

Cleveland: I don't understand what you're saying.

Chapman: [slightly irritatedly and with exaggeratedly clear accent] One of the cross beams has gone out askew on the treadle.

Cleveland: Well what on earth does that mean?

Chapman: *I* don't know - Mr Scabber just told me to come in here and say that there was trouble at Tynecastle that's all - I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition.

My ST is in A front and I can confirm that you are correct that one of the diagonal supporting ties does appear to have a pin missing. It has been that way for at least 5 years since I first noticed it.

How about rather than worrying and posting your concerns on JKB, contact the club and report it!

So, I take it you reported it to the club 5 years ago rather than waiting until now to berate someone who has just noticed it, for not reporting it to the club?......

So, I take it you reported it to the club 5 years ago rather than waiting until now to berate someone who has just noticed it, for not reporting it to the club?......

No I've not reported it as it doesn't concern me. I doubt you could call my post as berating someone! Calm down FFS!

Italian Lambretta

More than likely before we sign a new striker.

Anyone know when they move the changing room over to the Wheatfield?

Rudi Hates Hibees

Never, if things go to plan.

On the tour last Friday it was mentioned the club would be using the new changing rooms until around December. Apparently only the seating and concourse areas will be complete by September with the stand internals scheduled for completion by December at the latest.

No I've not reported it as it doesn't concern me. I doubt you could call my post as berating someone! Calm down FFS!

Easy tiger. Berating may have been a bit strong but, calling him out for not reporting something you've been aware of for 5 years is baffling to me. Only my opinion tho'

On the tour last Friday it was mentioned the club would be using the new changing rooms until around December. Apparently only the seating and concourse areas will be complete by September with the stand internals scheduled for completion by December at the latest.

That's changed since the public meetings then. Should be interesting.

Was told today at the stadium that the new changing rooms under the Wheatfield are nearly finished, should be ready by March when the community pitch will be in use again.

jamboinglasgow

Not to come over all greenginger (oo er missus) but I am starting to wonder if we are going to see a real delay in construction. Obviously the truss is going to be completed over the next week or so. But the planning application that has been granted has conditions that apart from demolition and assembly and fitting of the truss no work will happen until the retaining wall of the distillery is built. Now looking at its planning application it still not granted and has no date of the application meeting. From the previous meetings it seems 3 weeks from the date announced to the meeting, then you will have weeks of work. So could be a few months until main work starts.

I am correct with this, or not?

Not to come over all greenginger (oo er missus) but I am starting to wonder if we are going to see a real delay in construction. Obviously the truss is going to be completed over the next week or so. But the planning application that has been granted has conditions that apart from demolition and assembly and fitting of the truss no work will happen until the retaining wall of the distillery is built. Now looking at its planning application it still not granted and has no date of the application meeting. From the previous meetings it seems 3 weeks from the date announced to the meeting, then you will have weeks of work. So could be a few months until main work starts.

That's certainly how I read it, and there was someone on here who commented that the HSE were being difficult about our plans to modify the wall. Really hope that's not the case as the timetable seems very tight as it is.

jamboinglasgow

That's certainly how I read it, and there was someone on here who commented that the HSE were being difficult about our plans to modify the wall. Really hope that's not the case as the timetable seems very tight as it is.

Yup. The timescales to get everything ready for next season just mean big delays cant happen.

There should no delay to us building it, however they may delay us actually USING it

There should no delay to us building it, however they may delay us actually USING it

If we don't have a plan for the wall update then I could understand the HSE holding back. 

Edit: But I dont understand how much trouble a plan to pile some bricks up would be?

Edited by I.T.K

My view on the "wall" is that there will be an agreed design signed off and work on the "wall" and the Stand will progress simultaneously with both being signed off on schedule (or near as dam it).

So I'm just supposed to take all the s***e that's come my way in the last half an hour . There is a fixing missing, I've been called a lier, the four people that were with me all saw it .So we are all ******* liers are we .

Only 4 of you in Section A?

This is the wall we're talking about right?

86a26bf1e7.png

I assume so from those images.(incorrectly according to the above post)

I realise regulations have likely changed since the Wheatfield and Roseburn were built. But I still find it astounding that this wall's ability/integrity has only become an issue now that we are building a new stand that lies further away and less likely to be affected than the other two stands.

If the stand ended up not going ahead(hypothetically) would the HSE still insist that the wall was reinforced now that they have pointed it out as a potential safety issue?

Edit: words in parenthesis added to initial comment.

Edited by gjcc

Only 4 of you in Section A?

I guess you go with enough folk to fill a full section then. Lay off this good Jambo his story re the problem has already been confirmed in this thread

it's true, the beam is held up by a bit string no less.

been like that for years.

Glad to see the professional repair work.

Is it visible from the Gorgie? Section Y.

Edited by Dallas Green

I believe its the smaller wall around the 2 tanks. Not the boarder wall to the school.

They look tiny. I'd imagine the walls required will need to be a lot larger.

I can't remember if answered before but is the wall to stop a blast or contain the contents?

I actually had no idea those were the tanks in question, its the first time I've really thought about it till now in honesty.

When you see it pictured like that you realise how daft a requirement it is given the other buildings in the more immediate vicinity of the tanks.

I guess you go with enough folk to fill a full section then. Lay off this good Jambo his story re the problem has already been confirmed in this thread

As a member of the fist of Gorgie, I'm never alone.

The Natural Order

Anyway, back on topic. The truss is going up next Thursday weather permitting.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Rudi Hates Hibees

Good stuff.

Good to get updates and thoughts on the stand development, and looking forward to seeing the truss this evening.

You sure?  Greenginger say's the whole thing was delayed "like"?

Thank to the guys for your support . what can i say but sorry .it was a complete brain fart one of these post where you think what the !!** are you doing but its to late and you cant take it back

The Future's Maroon

I went past about an hour ago, agree the photos don't do the size of the thing justice as it's fecking huge!

I suspect photos may appear soon as seen someone taking some when I drove past, possibly one of the regular posters of the photos in this thread?

Werent we allowed to put in the founds and other work prior to the wall being done it wasnt just the truss?

August Landmesser

Feb 2nd? Or tomorrow?

Either way, weehoo!

Werent we allowed to put in the founds and other work prior to the wall being done it wasnt just the truss?

Piling will commence 13th Feb

post-12561-14853583069147_thumb.jpg

Was down picking up the match tickets earlier. Thought I'd take a wee snap. Nothing groundbreaking with previous pics, thought I'd share regardless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk