New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

There's welding going on just now. While it looks good I can imagine there's still quite a lot of work to be done.

Great pics. In Ann we truss. :whistling:

Interesting, how much the structure weight. 10 tons or more?

I hope the pylons are strong enough, despite their pipes seems thinner.

Mounting plate holes for bolts at the end of the truss seems too small, but bolts probably do not play huge role here, especially if it will be welded.

Mounting plate holes for bolts at the end of the truss seems too small, but bolts probably do not play huge role here, especially if it will be welded.

You're right. We're now at the point where we're about to put the final cards onto the card tower that is Tynecastle. Delicately does it or the whole thing will just fall to the ground.

The worker I spoke to said it was 92 tonnes, it's going to be some sight when they lift it into place!

Lucille's Thirsty

And from the inside ...

JS68808594.jpg

That roof truss weighs a staggering 650 tonnes!

Think our will be a little bit smaller though bigger isn't always better.

So the truss first hand today as I was getting tickets for the replay. It is some size. Photos don't do the actual size justice.

Lucille's Thirsty

Our roof trusses are nice and neat unique in Scotland when you think of Killies,you're quite proud of Tynie.

Probably been asked before....but post split have we asked to play all our away games at the end of the season?

No info yet but it's been mentioned by Ann Budge

We are due only 2 homes games after the split. Last one would be 6 May.

Elias Henry Furst

Here's Liverpool's truss going up for context :)

Roof-Truss-03-1200x798.jpg

That's an incredible photo.

The engineering on a project like this blows my mind.

Before the new truss goes up will they not need to dismantle the temporary metal stands they are sitting on?  From the pic the truss doesn't just look like it's sitting on top of them. 

I think the cranes will take the strain, lift them off the supports slightly and then the steel supports will be dismantled bit by bit to leave the truss on its own ready for the lift.

Main stand in use on Wed so the truss must be going up in the next couple of days. All that talk about the truss being delayed was just BS then.

Think it will be after Wed probably end of the week start of next week.

Love all this engineering that's going on, even the cranes they will need will be amazing to see .Hope they are there next mid week .Floodlight huge cranes can't wait. you can see I'm easy pleased .

jamboinglasgow

That is an incredible shot. Amazing what can be engineered. Hope when our truss goes up people get photographs from all angles, think a photo from the council, though a few miles away would look great.

Shame its not this week they are lifting it into place, guess I will have to hold it in for next week.

Shame there's been nothing more said from the club about the time lapse camera. Hope they capture the truss going up, whenever it may be.

I'm sure they'll have spoken nicely to someone from Tynie High

Some from today:

49c0b7b220.jpg

49c0c12401.jpg

49c0ccbaae.jpg

49c0d97a65.jpg

49c0e9bb5f.jpg

Don't mean to sound stupid (I am by no means any kind of builder or structural engineer), but it looks like they have built it around those temporary supports.

How are they going to lift it clear?

Rudi Hates Hibees

Don't mean to sound stupid (I am by no means any kind of builder or structural engineer), but it looks like they have built it around those temporary supports.

How are they going to lift it clear?

They'll take the weight of the truss with the cranes and then dismantle the temporary supports from around the truss.

It looks like they're lifting it from the bottom though, following the supports from the crane.  Surprised it wasn't top heavy, how on earth did they get that thing up?  There's nothing supporting the top middle to make sure it doesn't topple over!

It looks like they're lifting it from the bottom though, following the supports from the crane.  Surprised it wasn't top heavy, how on earth did they get that thing up?  There's nothing supporting the top middle to make sure it doesn't topple over!

Not sure how it didn't topple over either!

The pics dont really do justice to the size, pretty enormous, can wait to see the cranes lift it into its poition

Thats what struck me when i was up last week. Its huge. Pictures dont do the actual size of this justice

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

It looks like they're lifting it from the bottom though, following the supports from the crane. Surprised it wasn't top heavy, how on earth did they get that thing up? There's nothing supporting the top middle to make sure it doesn't topple over!

There will be wires that you can't see preventing it from twisting.. Edited by kingantti1874

It looks like they're lifting it from the bottom though, following the supports from the crane. Surprised it wasn't top heavy, how on earth did they get that thing up? There's nothing supporting the top middle to make sure it doesn't topple over!

My initial thought was that the truss is wider than the picture makes it look. Probably wrong though and it is in fact done with magic.

There are tie lines from the crane on the right holding the top steady whilst lifting from below.  Can be see clearly on the video clip still.

There are tie lines from the crane on the right holding the top steady whilst lifting from below. Can be see clearly on the video clip still.

Weight of it should keep it steady too

efb4c7b331c57c5b054debc49c0dc185.gif

Just been down dropping something for my daughter at school , the truss is absolutely massive , it's going to be one hell of a stand :)

Oh I hope so - they have probably guessed that the pylons will be OK   :uhoh2:

Then again maybe the Consultant Structural Engineer has run a full design check for loading, stress and wind load............

Oh I hope so - they have probably guessed that the pylons will be OK :uhoh2:

Then again maybe the Consultant Structural Engineer has run a full design check for loading, stress and wind load............

Greenginger will know

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

No no we are going to gently lift it on like a game of Jenga and then everyone is going to step back really quickly and wait.

kingantti1874

The truss is the same as the wheatield one. The pylons were designed to take the load when built(same as the ones between wheatfield and roseburn/Georgie, no doubt those calcs have been recalibrate..

jimbojumbojambo

During the early construction of the Roseburn stand I spoke to the Clerk of Works who advised me that he was awaiting details of the eastern foundation as it was different to the western one that was already in place for the Wheatfield. This was because it was anticipated even back then that any new main stand would be larger than the Wheatfield and thus impose a greater load.

During the early construction of the Roseburn stand I spoke to the Clerk of Works who advised me that he was awaiting details of the eastern foundation as it was different to the western one that was already in place for the Wheatfield. This was because it was anticipated even back then that any new main stand would be larger than the Wheatfield and thus impose a greater load.

But the pylons are only supporting the roof trusses, nothing else. Larger roof than the Wheatfield but doubt it'll weigh much more (might be lighter).

PhoenixHearts

I think those yellow bars holding on to each corner of the truss are rigid rather than cables, no? If that were the case then that would surely stop in from rolling over.

jimbojumbojambo

The pylons do not only carry the weight of the truss but also the roof beams and roof covering. As the new stand has a considerably bigger roof this will be greater than the Wheatfield.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I think those yellow bars holding on to each corner of the truss are rigid rather than cables, no? If that were the case then that would surely stop in from rolling over.

Yeah, they'll be solid steel and triangular so the truss can't spin

I was sitting in the bottom of section A of wheatfield on sat .looked up and one of the bolts on a cross beam of the pylon mast has fallen out and the beam slipped down .a bit concerning.

I was sitting in the bottom of section A of wheatfield on sat .looked up and one of the bolts on a cross beam of the pylon mast has fallen out and the beam slipped down .a bit concerning.

Hmmmmm

49ead4d9fdfba74c5ef10f1083a3935d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Why are your lot so obsessed with Tynecastle everyone in Scotland apart from your mob thinks it's a great stadium and when it gets a makeover it'll still be miles better than the methadome.

It must be envy has to be oh to be a hibee dear lord can't think of anything worse.

Edited by Lucille's Thirsty