New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Do you work for Hearts? Just interested to know how you are ITK with all things new stand.

More than likely has seen the GAANT chart!

Do you work for Hearts? Just interested to know how you are ITK with all things new stand.

Think Thomaso is in the building trade and part of the project

Just PM'd you

What should the colour scheme be for the interior of the new stand restaurant,I thought pastel colours to give it an airy feel.

It's going to be pastel pink and yellow stripes.........

Edited by Thomaso

August Landmesser

Today's update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice one. Good to see the truss is still MASSIVE.

Big team, big truss...

:lol:

It's pathetic eh,all grown men looking forward to something that isn't important in life,what had happened to my life.

Cranes are awesome.

I agree - they're uplifting!

...a bit disco

Nice one. Good to see the truss is still MASSIVE.

Big team, big truss...

Gorgie Truss Massive.

Ya bass.

alwaysthereinspirit

I agree - they're uplifting!

Just like this thread. I love popping in here every day. The next few months will make the wait worth while.

It's going to be pastel pink and yellow stripes.........

Imagine the seethe if we replaced the maroon astro around the pitch with that :lol:

:pleasing:

Daz_1874_HMFC

Some from today. They were welding in the first photo on the top of the truss. It'll need a wee lick of white paint before it goes up:

b726cb9837.jpg

b726d09c17.jpg

b726d4a4cd.jpg

Noticed this myself, few marks etc, will it get a lick of paint before it goes up?

The Natural Order

Noticed this myself, few marks etc, will it get a lick of paint before it goes up?

Yes, it's getting painted (or at least touched up).

Hans von Luck

Wish they would announce a lift date, sell tickets. Proper money spinner.

Was told today from one of the BSB employees that it is scheduled for next Thursday 2nd Feb.

The Natural Order

Was told today from one of the BSB employees that it is scheduled for next Thursday 2nd Feb.

Correct. They're laying the stone standings for the cranes now. Cranes due to arrive about 6am on Thursday. Lift planned for lunchtime weather permitting.

Correct. They're laying the stone standings for the cranes now. Cranes due to arrive about 6am on Thursday. Lift planned for lunchtime weather permitting.

LUNCHTIME ! Not in a builders world LOL.

This is going to be like these Space shuttle take-offs in Florida.

Some from today. They were welding in the first photo on the top of the truss. It'll need a wee lick of white paint before it goes up:

b726cb9837.jpg

b726d09c17.jpg

b726d4a4cd.jpg

scaffold at school end flood light as well

b726cb9837.jpg

Just like all the best Lego sets... At least a couple of bits left 'spare'!

North Berwick Jambo

Just like all the best Lego sets... At least a couple of bits left 'spare'!

Ha ha, if you look closely at the three pictures above you can see that those two remaking parts are still to be added on the top section of the truss next to where the black temporary supports are. ;)

sunblestjambo

I can understand why some people got upset at the post I made on Tuesday and I apologised for something I should informed the club about instead of posting on here,but I won't hold my breath for the people who called me a lier and a hobbit apologising, as what I posted was true

Scabber. Apologies - assumed it was another 4 post interloper.

All good.

jamboinglasgow

Drove past it yesterday as I through in Edinburgh. Noticed they were working on the truss at the time. Also they now have a two tiered portacabin in place.

Thursday is going to be exciting

siegementality

New stand, improvements throughout the stadium, new young dynamic management team, new signings, happy days :-)

Stephen Muddie

Ahhhhhh the sanctuary of the new stand thread, a welcome distraction at the moment :)

Haha I feel you.

I'm working Thursday but not until afternoon.

I will try to stream the lift if I possibly can. Anybody have details of timings at all?

New stand, improvements throughout the stadium, new young dynamic management team, new signings, happy days :-)

No, no, siegementality you have surely got it all wrong. Should it not be: 

Stand should have been bigger,  seats in Roseburn stand awful,  Cathro, McCann gtf.  Temper your enthusiasm about the new signings.

Awful days. :-(

::troll:::'>

Stand should have been bigger, seats in Roseburn stand awful, Cathro, McCann gtf. Temper your enthusiasm about the new signings.

Fill in teh coarnurs!!

Stand should have been bigger, seats in Roseburn stand awful, Cathro, McCann gtf. Temper your enthusiasm about the new signings.

"You talkin about my Terry?.."

2b5a909da68d9e73dafd84d91d90f134.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 MPH gusts currently forecast for Thursday - cranes are generally do not operate over 30 MPH

Romanov Stole My Pension

Why are there patches of grey paint on the truss? It doesn't look as though it's where welding has happened as it's not always beside the joints.

Why are there patches of grey paint on the truss? It doesn't look as though it's where welding has happened as it's not always beside the joints.

Most likely slight corrosion patches that needed rubbed down and painted with corrosion resistant paint - they will be 'touched up' with white paint      :rolleyes:

Edited by Thomaso

38 MPH gusts currently forecast for Thursday - cranes are generally do not operate over 30 MPH

:(

I assume it will cost us more for having the cranes on site but having to delay the lift?

(if it's delayed)

:(

I assume it will cost us more for having the cranes on site but having to delay the lift?

(if it's delayed)

Hire Companies charge for the days the plant is on the site - regardless of weather delays.