New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Mid Calder Jambo

Hope they are also building an 87m long urinal to cope with 10,000 pints of piss

The penny has dropped.  That's how they can deliver 10000 pints a minute. You know the old adage you only borrow beer.

The cladding on the back of the roof of the Roseburn, which most of us rarely see, unless passing behind it on the West Approach Road, has to be addressed too. It looks absolutely awful and needs at least a lick of paint.

Due to its proximity to the Distillery it will need to be regularly cleaned, remember how black the warehouses and tenements in Wheatfield Place were

Due to its proximity to the Distillery it will need to be regularly cleaned, remember how black the warehouses and tenements in Wheatfield Place were

The Roseburn's been there for over 20 years now - this is the first time in those 20 years I can remember it looking like it does just now.

I suspect there must surely have been arrangements in place to keep on top of this previously?

Perhaps it was something we cut back on as a non-essential expense during the tougher times?

That looks good but if we were to do something like that it should be "Heart of Midlothian FC" not "Hearts" just to be picky.

Your not being picky, your correct, we are the Heart of Midlothian, the finest name in world football, it should always be that regardless of how many letters there are, it annoys me when the media refer to us as Hearts where at the same time they'll use Queen of the South, Hibernian, Partick Thistle etc

WHERE'S THE PHOTAYZ????!!!1!!!!

No been down that way myself BB, so nowt from me today :-(

I'd like to see a pic or two tho, as judging by yesterday's progression, I reckon a fair bit has probably been done this mornin.

So I agree. GEEZE SUM PHOTAYZ

Ok mate. Fair dos. I apologise if I've misunderstood the tone of yer original post. Perhaps it was a wee bit cheeky to park where I did...but I was taking pics for the thread. I'd argue it was for the greater good :-)

You've got me wracking my brains trying to think of all the Danny Macks I might know now tho haha

Anyway, all good. I'll make sure I don't park on your vantage point again!

No need to apologize mate, you park where you want, you sit for however long you want after all you HAVE the license to do that lol :wings:

I was in Tynecastle School looking down on you.  :2thumbsup:

Your not being picky, your correct, we are the Heart of Midlothian, the finest name in world football, it should always be that regardless of how many letters there are, it annoys me when the media refer to us as Hearts where at the same time they'll use Queen of the South, Hibernian, Partick Thistle etc

Heart of Midlothian FC, Hearts, the Jam Tarts :jjyay:  

'Hearts FC', 'The Jambos' :jjno:

No been down that way myself BB, so nowt from me today :-(

I'd like to see a pic or two tho, as judging by yesterday's progression, I reckon a fair bit has probably been done this mornin.

So I agree. GEEZE SUM PHOTAYZ

Get yer backside down Sifter... you have permission to use my vantage point :pleased:

Heart of Midlothian FC, Hearts, the Jam Tarts :jjyay:  

'Hearts FC', 'The Jambos' :jjno:

100% CORRECT...  and that is how it should be.

I get where you're coming from but I think people are a bit over sensitive about it myself. It's not like we use it that often ourselves really!

H-E-A-R-T-O-F-M-I-D-L-O-T-H-I-A-N 

and if you cannae spell it then here's what it says

Heart of Midlothian, Heart of Midlothian, Glorious Heart of Midlothian

Pictures dont do the truss justice it is Huuuuuuuge. Still making it up. They have taken bits out the corner supports so once its fully together it can be hoisted into position and attached

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Footballfirst

Assembly continuing. 

There might be a problem though, there are only 35 of part "G" instead of 36.  Might have to go back to IKEA to see if they can provide another. :toff:

Ukoos80.jpg

Some from today....

8a252840cfcafe3b771784a39add314d.jpg

7926c6ef700b1eadf9d4860ccf04c477.jpg

e9e36c4acfa15a141f35eaec31ae18d2.jpg

b8be9f899124c7f6172898d159ea8f99.jpg

1eede9b9075628d8f7858473aba77b6a.jpg

My photaes look garbage compared to yours craigey. You have a samsung dont you. Cheat

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Lucille's Thirsty

Some from today....

8a252840cfcafe3b771784a39add314d.jpg

7926c6ef700b1eadf9d4860ccf04c477.jpg

e9e36c4acfa15a141f35eaec31ae18d2.jpg

b8be9f899124c7f6172898d159ea8f99.jpg

1eede9b9075628d8f7858473aba77b6a.jpg

I'm taking a look at these pictures and their great,there is a lot of room with all of the demolished building,how far are we expecting the new main stand to go back? Edited by Lucille's Thirsty

alwaysthereinspirit

I don't come on this thread to see (so called construction type) guys sitting on their arses and on the phone.

This truss is not going to lift itself. WTF.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

Isn't it good to know we've got the best Truss Builders in the world! :2thumbsup: Sadly, it'll be the Hibs' mob who get the first mass opportunity to view this fine work. Probably some of them would prefer to spend the afternoon viewing it rather than watch their club face the mighty Bonnyrigg!?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I know you can't compare but have a look at what Spurs are building.  An 87m long bar that will deliver 10000 pints a minute.  Now that's my kind of hospitality.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-38682911

I'm not renewing my season ticket unless my seat has a USB port!!

busby1985, on 20 Jan 2017 - 1:03 PM, said:

Is that the foreman on the phone to that hibs.net mutant in those pics?

OP9PHAw.jpg

He's straight onto dot net to report a slave ring operating out of tynecastle

I would like the club to prevent them bringing the cup into the ground with them.Show them the same respect they did us on winning the Wee league.

I'm just back from visiting the site, the guys working there told me that the lift has been put back one week, they didn't say why.

I'm just back from visiting the site, the guys working there told me that the lift has been put back one week, they didn't say why.

:turmoil:

Oh FFS! Wait until Greenginger hears about this!

Donald j trump and now this

Were doomed

Rudi Hates Hibees

I did the tour this afternoon and it was mentioned that should we be in the early rounds of league cup we are looking at using Falkirk or Dunfermline. Easter road and Murrayfield are not being considered. Only way Murrayfield would be considered would depend on Europe and opponents.

Edit...

This could quite possibly be old info. Just thought I'd share what was said.

Edited by Rudi Hates Hibees

I did the tour this afternoon and it was mentioned that should we be in the early rounds of league cup we are looking at using Falkirk or Dunfermline. Easter road and Murrayfield are not being considered. Only way Murrayfield would be considered would depend on Europe and opponents.

Edit...

This could quite possibly be old info. Just thought I'd share what was said.

Not heard that before

Interesting

jamboinglasgow

Could match up with what FF said, that one part was not delivered, so it may be that the required part will not be delivered in time for the original lift so they moved it back a week. But the only problem with moving it to a week after is that we have a midweek game at Tynecastle.

Greenginger's right. We've no goat plannin permishun likesay!!

Could match up with what FF said, that one part was not delivered, so it may be that the required part will not be delivered in time for the original lift so they moved it back a week. But the only problem with moving it to a week after is that we have a midweek game at Tynecastle.

I think that was a joke about ikea's delivery service.

jamboinglasgow

I think that was a joke about ikea's delivery service.

oops, your right. For some reason I read it quickly thinking G part was a term for the metal supports.