New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Thank to the guys for your support . what can i say but sorry .it was a complete brain fart one of these post where you think what the !!** are you doing but its to late and you cant take it back

No problem Scabber, we all do it now and again, it certainly sounded a bit serious and as if it could be a problem with important maintenance etc. Enjoy the match tonight.

I believe its the smaller wall around the 2 tanks. Not the boarder wall to the school.

It's the wall directly behind the Roseburn Stand. All the info is on the council planning website along with the other details of the stand. The HSE's concern was liquid overtopping the wall in the event that one of the tanks failed. We have proposed putting metal extensions on top of the existing wall to prevent this.

Glad to see the professional repair work.

Is it visible from the Gorgie? Section Y.

take a wee wander round tonight,section A lower.

you can't miss it. :toff:

No problem Scabber, we all do it now and again, it certainly sounded a bit serious and as if it could be a problem with important maintenance etc. Enjoy the match tonight.

Glad I'm not the only one who regrets the odd post.  In my case it is normally the result of consuming vast quantities of white wine.

attachicon.gif20170125_150659.jpg

Was down picking up the match tickets earlier. Thought I'd take a wee snap. Nothing groundbreaking with previous pics, thought I'd share regardless.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Good snap Kendoll. Must be close to completion. Looks a fair size.

Glad I'm not the only one who regrets the odd post.  In my case it is normally the result of consuming vast quantities of white wine.

Snap!

Glad I'm not the only one who regrets the odd post. In my case it is normally the result of consuming vast quantities of white wine.

Unfortunately cant use that excuse.just stupidity im afraid Edited by scabber

It's the wall directly behind the Roseburn Stand. All the info is on the council planning website along with the other details of the stand. The HSE's concern was liquid overtopping the wall in the event that one of the tanks failed. We have proposed putting metal extensions on top of the existing wall to prevent this.

Good stuff, thanks

This seems like the most reliable recent commentary on the Wall

...a bit disco

Good stuff, thanks

This seems like the most reliable recent commentary on the Wall

All in all...

take a wee wander round tonight,section A lower.

you can't miss it. :toff:

There's actually blue rope tied round the pylon :lol:

I sit in section A and can confirm that there is indeed a bolt missing from one of the diagonal cross beams in the tower between Wheatfield and Gorgie. It has been like that for a few seasons and I am sure that it must be ok otherwise it would have been dealt with as a priority.

I hadn't noticed it before but can see it from section B row 22. It's actually a horizontal beam rather than diagonal though!

There's actually blue rope tied round the pylon :lol:

The rope is from one of the banners that used to be on the tower. Think it was an AllSport banner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The rope is from one of the banners that used to be on the tower. Think it was an AllSport banner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought it was from advertising because the diagonally opposite one has them.

Just for fun (unless someone actually knows), what do you think the truss weighs? I think there was mention a few pages back about Liverpool's truss was 650tonnes.

Ours is a lot smaller so my guess would be 265 tonnes.

Any advance?

Just for fun (unless someone actually knows), what do you think the truss weighs? I think there was mention a few pages back about Liverpool's truss was 650tonnes.

Ours is a lot smaller so my guess would be 265 tonnes.

Any advance?

Its 92 tonnes it was mentioned on a previous page it came from the site manager so assume accurate.

After the stand that pitch will need sorting out.

Was like a tattie field tonight

Both goal keepers did well, the ball was really quite unpredictable in front of them, with some back passes taking a dangerous bobble.

The top surface is just crumbling and has more divots than a golf course after one of my nightmare rounds.

Not convinced using those heat/growing lamps helping our current situation - in the past the surface has lacked grass/been muddy but at least it was firm.

Fingers crossed the club go for a hybrid pitch in the summer.

August Landmesser

Truss being lifted on the 2nd February.

Will be in place for the Hibs game.

Hope we have the planning permission sorted by then...

I can understand why some people got upset at the post I made on Tuesday and I apologised for something I should informed the club about instead of posting on here,but I won't hold my breath for the people who called me a lier and a hobbit apologising, as what I posted was true

I take it there's a couple of big **** off cranes on their way to lift this beast? When are they due?

The official looking guy at Tynie never said but he did say its one of the biggest in Europe!

All roads lead to Gorgie

The official looking guy at Tynie never said but he did say its one of the biggest in Europe!

It won't be long before the bitters claim to have had the bigger crane :toilet: 

Just got a call from a mate who is supplying most of the groundworks material, don't know if this is old news but the big! lift is due next Friday.

I can understand why some people got upset at the post I made on Tuesday and I apologised for something I should informed the club about instead of posting on here,but I won't hold my breath for the people who called me a lier and a hobbit apologising, as what I posted was true

I apologise.

I never saw the missing bolt but I don't think you are a hobo.

Folk know you as a PHM. That's good enough for me.

I apologise.

I never saw the missing bolt but I don't think you are a hobo.

Folk know you as a PHM. That's good enough for me.

Cheers. we all make mistakes .I can assure you I will engage my brain before I post on here again.

August Landmesser

I apologise too, folk were quick to jump on you and I was one of them. You're clearly a PHM.

Onwards and upwards anyway, and let's get this truss lifted!

Lucille's Thirsty

Looking forward to seeing the cranes

:lol:

It's pathetic eh,all grown men looking forward to something that isn't important in life,what had happened to my life.

I apologise too, folk were quick to jump on you and I was one of them. You're

Onwards and upwards anyway, and let's get this truss lifted!

Thanks mate. lets draw a line under it and as far as im concerned thats the end of it

Seymour M Hersh

After the stand that pitch will need sorting out.

Was like a tattie field tonight

I think that's down to happen in the off season.

I think that's down to happen in the off season.

Due to be laid first week in July

alwaysthereinspirit

:lol:

It's pathetic eh,all grown men looking forward to something that isn't important in life,what had happened to my life.

Cranes are awesome.