New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Elias Henry Furst

Seen a vlog thing on Facebook, the lad was inside Tynecastle and in the background you can see a section of seats have been taken out in the wheatfield.

FDEC4BA2-C387-48FC-825C-4142C8D98FB6_zps

Here's thhe video incase anyone one is interested

https://www.facebook.com/MrGavinBell/videos/1176999432353097/

Segregation for tomorrow's game. The seats haven't been taken out.

Interesting they have the old badge in the advertising thing on the building end on McLeod Street.

Would be nice if hey could replicate a mural of some sort. Knocking tongether some iconic images.

Totti-mural-26570.jpg

Ala

WV120-Cup-Final.jpg

160598-tennents-scottish-cup-final-heart

2188487875.jpg

Is that Blowfish hobo at the right hand side of the photo of the h1b5 support at the relegation derby? Lurking behind the fat girl in the green strip

August Landmesser

Is that Blowfish hobo at the right hand side of the photo of the h1b5 support at the relegation derby? Lurking behind the fat girl in the green strip

I don't think it is, although lots of them do look alike on account of the sister-marrying & inbreeding

Rudi Hates Hibees

Seen a vlog thing on Facebook, the lad was inside Tynecastle and in the background you can see a section of seats have been taken out in the wheatfield.

FDEC4BA2-C387-48FC-825C-4142C8D98FB6_zps

Here's thhe video incase anyone one is interested

https://www.facebook.com/MrGavinBell/videos/1176999432353097/

I did the stadium tour today. There was definitely no seats missing in the wheatfield but the segregation barrier was covering half of section b.

Disappointed to see the segregation cuts into the Rose section of B rather than the Hibs section of C!

Rose really have underestimated their support!

Disappointed to see the segregation cuts into the Rose section of B rather than the Hibs section of C!

Rose really have underestimated their support!

Needed a bigger stadium

I don't think it is, although lots of them do look alike on account of the sister-marrying & inbreeding

Fair enough, they do seem to have a high proportion of freaks compared to other fanbases. So many odd looking folk in that photo

Elias Henry Furst

:lol:

:vrface:

It's been a long week.

No problem. Fwiw it does rather look like the seats are missing from that photo. I just happen to know Bonnyrigg Rose supporters are being seated in the Gorgie stand and section A and B of the wheatfield.

I'm just back from visiting the site, the guys working there told me that the lift has been put back one week, they didn't say why.

Are they looking for the thumbs up for a lift ?........

So that means they are above the garden with full access to the statue - can't see that ending well

Theres a cover going over the Heart of Midlothian badge in the memorial garden and the statue is being fenced off with stewards around it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Theres a cover going over the Heart of Midlothian badge in the memorial garden and the statue is being fenced off with stewards around it!

The fact that this sort of thing is necessary is a sad reflection on Hibs support.

maroonlegions

Check the granny out with the baseball cap on just above the vermin in the black Hobo top, thats were all those reprobates get their tenner bags from.

Edited by maroonlegions

Did the stadium tour today but only managed to get this snap of the truss from inside 85f11f98cc7e312e90c855bd4c872fc0.jpg

That's cool, we should remember that once this work is done the stadium will look pretty much the same for years, but these photos are unique, a record of a point in history

Lucille's Thirsty

Anyone remember what size that was? 10K? 12K?

I remember there being talk about a 40,000 stadium but I'm sure this development took us up to 26,000 not too sure though mate.

Stephen Muddie

Would've been some stand :laugh:

Sad thing is it could've happened the amount of cash that got fried.

I would've liked to have seen the actual new main stand a little bigger. That's my only real very minor sadness, apart from losing the old girl and the notorious section N

Stephen Muddie

I'm not a great fan of the statue if I'm honest. I see people posing for photos, it makes me feel uneasy I don't know why. I think looking ahead to later enhancements of Tynecastle a Perspex viewing screen may be a good idea to keep litter and spit from above desecrating what is a special wee corner of the ground. I'm sure they clean it up well after a matchday but still. May provide a more enclosed feel to the garden itself too

I'm not a great fan of the statue if I'm honest. I see people posing for photos, it makes me feel uneasy I don't know why. I think looking ahead to later enhancements of Tynecastle a Perspex viewing screen may be a good idea to keep litter and spit from above desecrating what is a special wee corner of the ground. I'm sure they clean it up well after a matchday but still. May provide a more enclosed feel to the garden itself too

Yeh I know what you mean about the statue, I've felt like that for a while too. I've changed my mind after the stadium visit tho as the club don't see it as a war memorial but a commemoration of the "Football Battalion" and the players from dozens of teams, professional and amateur, who stepped forward for the battalion.

Always felt a mural of some sort associated with the new stand of the greats that have graced the club would be nice, particularly Tommy Walker and the TT who played a huge part in our most successful period.

Work is progressing this morning (even as stewards, press and some fans start to gather).

Looking at it I can understand if hoisting is delayed for a week. There's a lot of work still to do including a third of the truss to be assembled plus working on what is up.

post-5690-0-67550800-1484999736_thumb.jpg

post-5690-0-55475700-1484999751_thumb.jpg

post-5690-0-20775500-1484999773_thumb.jpg

kingantti1874

Always felt a mural of some sort associated with the new stand of the greats that have graced the club would be nice, particularly Tommy Walker and the TT who played a huge part in our most successful period.

Reasonably sure the club are planning a mural for the side of the building on Mcleod street?

Reasonably sure the club are planning a mural for the side of the building on Mcleod street?

A 'trompe l'oeil' according to the club's statement - which resulted in a fair bit of Googling at the time.

A 'trompe l'oeil' according to the club's statement - which resulted in a fair bit of Googling at the time.

An eggy trump?

Edited by Smithee

PeterintheRain

An eggy trump?

A picture of DJT and a crate of eggs for people to relieve their frustrations at the next miserable performance at home to Partick County?

Work is progressing this morning (even as stewards, press and some fans start to gather).

Looking at it I can understand if hoisting is delayed for a week. There's a lot of work still to do including a third of the truss to be assembled plus working on what is up.

attachicon.gif20170121_114754_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20170121_114950_resized.jpg

attachicon.gif20170121_114655_resized.jpg

That last picture is a belter. 

Footballfirst

If it doesn't go up before the Rangers game on 1st February then there could be H&S issues with access to the main stand for that game.

I wonder if greenminger gave the Hobbits a guided tour of the building work in McLead Street? I'd imagine the welt saying come on let's look at the crime scene, you are aware there's no Council permission yet for all this!!

queensferryjambo

I wonder if greenminger gave the Hobbits a guided tour of the building work in McLead Street? I'd imagine the welt saying come on let's look at the crime scene, you are aware there's no Council permission yet for all this!!

Bet he wasn't even at the game Dannie :)

Phil D. Corners

Looks like they've done all they can now until the rest arrives?

Looks like it. I assume another truck from Motherwell will be on its way.

Great pictures.

The Natural Order

Looks like they've done all they can now until the rest arrives?

Plenty of parts on site. In fact the parts for the other half of the truss were among the first delivered.

Plenty of parts on site. In fact the parts for the other half of the truss were among the first delivered.

What bits are yet to be delivered then if those stories are true? Are the remaining long beams for the top and bottom on site or is it just the linking bits?

The Natural Order

What bits are yet to be delivered then if those stories are true? Are the remaining long beams for the top and bottom on site or is it just the linking bits?

The bigger, long parts for the top (2 bits) and bottom (again, 2 bits) are definitely on site. There's some of the in-between bits but I've no idea if it's all of them. If there is something still to come it can't be more than one or two bits. I'd guess it's all there. On Friday they were still sorting the last two temporary support towers. I imagine they'll spend most of next week finishing the assembly.

Towers look to be complete

When there at midday they were working on the already assembled (lifted onto tower) sections. Presumably once lifted into place still need secured etc.

The Natural Order

Towers look to be complete

When there at midday they were working on the already assembled (lifted onto tower) sections. Presumably once lifted into place still need secured etc.

Going by the pics posted earlier today, they're not quite finished yet. Although they could have been finished today right enough.

I was going through my stash of match programmes and tickets form the 90s and 00s, and came across this old image on the cover of a 1993 match programme (v Airdrie, 8th May 1993).

Thought it was quite interesting to compare with where we are now. Not sure about the colour scheme!

... ok, I don't know why the image isn't showing up ... apologies.

Edited by Hearts_fan

Great pics mate.

Anyone who hasn't been down to see it for themselves needs to make a point of heading down there.

The pictures are great, but you don't get the same sense of scale. It's absolutely huge! Can't wait to see it get lifted up!

Anyone who hasn't been down to see it for themselves needs to make a point of heading down there.

The pictures are great, but you don't get the same sense of scale. It's absolutely huge! Can't wait to see it get lifted up!

Hope they don't drop it.