New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Anyone who hasn't been down to see it for themselves needs to make a point of heading down there.

The pictures are great, but you don't get the same sense of scale. It's absolutely huge! Can't wait to see it get lifted up!

Saw it today you don't get the scale of it to you see it on the ground .It's going to be some sight when it's up and the old stand dwarfed underneath it

Anyone who hasn't been down to see it for themselves needs to make a point of heading down there.

The pictures are great, but you don't get the same sense of scale. It's absolutely huge! Can't wait to see it get lifted up!

I would think that it will be up soon, so not much time!

Does anyone have visibility of the schedule, how far do we intend to go before the old stand is pulled down?

Not got a schedule but if SPFL cooperate our last home game is the first weekend in May.

kingantti1874

Not got a schedule but if SPFL cooperate our last home game is the first weekend in May.

Cheers mate, just interested to see how much of the construction we intend to carry on with ahead of that date..

It would be good if the Club announced when the lift was due to happen. Would love to go and watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some from today:

49c0b7b220.jpg

49c0c12401.jpg

49c0ccbaae.jpg

49c0d97a65.jpg

49c0e9bb5f.jpg

Can't wait to see the finished stand.

Think its going to look better than we imagine!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

bigis semiauskas

How do the separate the temp trusses from the main one, its built through it

Once the cranes are attached they can dismantle them.

From my completely rough observations, there appear to be 6 sections either side of the central cross. Yesterday they were one section past the central section and now look like 2 and a half so going at the same speed will be done by Wednesday.

Seems reasonable to expect it to go up on 25/26th unless have any serious testing to do or poor weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can't wait to see the finished stand.

Think its going to look better than we imagine!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It may be somewhere out of sight but it appears the last top bit of the truss doesn't appear to be there yet

jamboinglasgow

It may be somewhere out of sight but it appears the last top bit of the truss doesn't appear to be there yet

The pic below, its behind the piece in the foreground.

49c0e9bb5f.jpg

The pic below, its behind the piece in the foreground.

49c0e9bb5f.jpg

Yes your right I didn't spot it .Not been the best of days bedtime I think .

jamboinglasgow

Yes your right I didn't spot it .Not been the best of days bedtime I think .

not a problem, it is hard to spot and you have to know exactly what you are looking for.

Quite strange going past Tynecastle on the train early this morning and seeing that monstrous truss just sat in the car park!

Passed by this morning. Looks like the complete truss has now been hoisted up on to the temporary supports and connected.

Does anyone have visibility of the schedule, how far do we intend to go before the old stand is pulled down?

The old stand is programmed to be demolished from mid June.

By then the rear steelwork, concrete floors to the admin offices, corporate areas, etc, will be complete.

The glazed fa?ade is planned to commence early May.

Main stand in use on Wed so the truss must be going up in the next couple of days. All that talk about the truss being delayed was just BS then.

My 'must' it go up before Wednesday? 

I.T.K, on 23 Jan 2017 - 11:57 AM, said:

been thinking this myself..it is fenced off with a path left in front of turnstiles

Main stand in use on Wed so the truss must be going up in the next couple of days. All that talk about the truss being delayed was just BS then.

been thinking this myself..it is fenced off with a path left in front of turnstiles

Only think I could think off would be some form of catastrophe H&E issue if the main stand had to be evacuated quickly and you wanted to use the fenced off space.

But if that was the case then much of the way the work that is planned would never have been approved.

Worst case scenario would be some stupid Hibee and his pals deciding that it would be funny to try and knock off a god knows how many tons of immovable steel off the supports.

Edited by DETTY29

Clark Griswold

Only think I could think off would be some form of catastrophe H&E issue if the main stand had to be evacuated quickly and you wanted to use the fenced off space.

But if that was the case then much of the way the work that is planned would never have been approved.

Worst case scenario would be some stupid Hibee and his pals deciding that it would be funny to try and knock off a god knows how many tons of INFEERIUR SHTEEL off the supports.

FTFY :thumbsup:

Edited by Clark Griswold

Fxxx the SPFL

Asked one of the workies yesterday after Gorgie live and he reckons it is not going up until beginning of February so there must be access available to get into old stand.

Worst case scenario would be some stupid Hibee and his pals deciding that it would be funny to try and knock off a god knows how many tons of immovable steel off the supports.

I'd happily pay to watch them try that.

DETTY29, on 23 Jan 2017 - 12:08 PM, said:

yep possibly H&E but not as some thought..saying it blocked off the turnstiles

Rudi Hates Hibees

I can't see the truss being lifted into place on the 25th now. With the game at night there's now no window if the work runs on. With something like this there's always a chance small things can happen and prolong the operation. Just can't see them taking the chance to be honest. Most likely to be put back a day now.

Jambof3tornado

I can't see the truss being lifted into place on the 25th now. With the game at night there's now no window if the work runs on. With something like this there's always a chance small things can happen and prolong the operation. Just can't see them taking the chance to be honest. Most likely to be put back a day now.

The cranes will be booked for a set day and thats unlikely to change due to costs.

Asked one of the workies yesterday after Gorgie live and he reckons it is not going up until beginning of February so there must be access available to get into old stand.

Would doubt that very much,once truss is assembled that will be put into position pronto.No chance that they are going to have plant lying about on hire unused for an un- necessary period of time with the cost of heavy crane hire.

Rudi Hates Hibees

The cranes will be booked for a set day and thats unlikely to change due to costs.

Crane hire actually isn't that expensive. We had a couple on site with us not long ago, a 90 ton and a 130 ton and the cost was ?90 and ?130 per hour. So around ?1 per ton lifting capacity per hour. Don't get me wrong it's not cheap but maybe not as expensive as folk think. That is oil industry prices as well which are usually hugely inflated.

The lift could be tomorrow and then there's nothing to talk about or as planned on Wednesday and everything goes smoothly. Which would be great.

What I was meaning in my previous post was the cost of moving the crane hire a day would probably be less than the potential cost of having a late postponement due to the works running on.

All hypothetical really as I have no idea when the lift is actually planned for.

Fxxx the SPFL

Crane hire actually isn't that expensive. We had a couple on site with us not long ago, a 90 ton and a 130 ton and the cost was ?90 and ?130 per hour. So around ?1 per ton lifting capacity per hour. Don't get me wrong it's not cheap but maybe not as expensive as folk think. That is oil industry prices as well which are usually hugely inflated.

The lift could be tomorrow and then there's nothing to talk about or as planned on Wednesday and everything goes smoothly. Which would be great.

What I was meaning in my previous post was the cost of moving the crane hire a day would probably be less than the potential cost of having a late postponement due to the works running on.

All hypothetical really as I have no idea when the lift is actually planned for.

Would the crane on site at present be one of the two used or will they be bringing in two mother feckoff ones

Rudi Hates Hibees

Would the crane on site at present be one of the two used or will they be bringing in two mother feckoff ones

I would imagine it'll be bigger cranes. I have no idea the weight of the truss but the heavier a load theses cranes have to lift the smaller their reach becomes. For example a 130 ton crane can lift a 130 ton but pretty much has no reach. By this I mean it's boom would be pretty much vertical and the load would be within its out riggers.

To reach over the existing stand the cranes would have to be large enough to lift the weight of the truss and reach X amount of meters to hold it in place.

Having two cranes attached to one load could in theory allow smaller cranes to be used as each crane only has half the load. It becomes rather complex at this point and I'm far from an expert in complex lifts. I just know the basics and costs from my own recent experience with my work hiring them.

zoltan socrates

That first pic is excellent Mikey.

All the pieces been used then? No bits left over that no one is sure where they go?

Looking for piece 53 and a couple of dowells are missing!

It might be an idea to let them weld the sections together first? And the talk of it being delayed came straight from one of the guys building it.

The pics dont really do justice to the size, pretty enormous, can wait to see the cranes lift it into its poition

I've been down a few times but it somehow looked even bigger just now.

It might be an idea to let them weld the sections together first? And the talk of it being delayed came straight from one of the guys building it.

There's welding going on just now. While it looks good I can imagine there's still quite a lot of work to be done.