New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 hours ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

As an aside to all else can anyone advise who to contact, and how, regarding an installation problem with my seat ? I've twice emailed the club about it without reply and also twice brought it to the attention of ticket office staff whilst in the shop yet it was still unrepaired for the derby match

whats actually wrong with it?

J.T.F.Robertson
29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

To be fair, most of the problems are not exactly catastrophes. 

For most of us. 

6 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Get those boards removed at the back of the main stand to allow people to exit from the top as well as the bottom.

Those boards are closing off entrances to a building site.  The boards will be removed when it isn't a building site any more.

Big Slim Stylee

On 11/15/2016 at 04:12, jonnothejambo said:

Rammed up Greenminge's farter.....sideways.

I think you need to reign it in a bit. Disgraceful your language at those *****.

4 hours ago, FarmerTweedy said:

Those boards are closing off entrances to a building site.  The boards will be removed when it isn't a building site any more.

And will that alow an exit from the top?

15 hours ago, BigC said:

If so, the poor toilet design and the poor view from the skyline Bar would have been picked up on and changes could have been made. 

Sorry, I just dip in and out of the thread - what is the issue with the Skyline Bar? 

letsalldothebeattie
7 hours ago, Tott said:

whats actually wrong with it?

It might not be him but there’s a seat 2 rows in front of me in section S hanging off and has been for 2/3 games now. 

10 hours ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

As an aside to all else can anyone advise who to contact, and how, regarding an installation problem with my seat ? I've twice emailed the club about it without reply and also twice brought it to the attention of ticket office staff whilst in the shop yet it was still unrepaired for the derby match

Martine Collie is the stadium manager. You can email her on [email protected]

Telephone 01312007242. If it is not in her remit then I am sure she will direct you to the correct person.

28 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

Martine Collie is the stadium manager. You can email her on [email protected]

Telephone 01312007242. If it is not in her remit then I am sure she will direct you to the correct person.

That's great thanks. Think it was her who returned my wedding ring to me when I lost it during a match in the main stand a couple of years ago. Will give her a ring in return now ;-)

Portable Badger

Slight tangent...... but, with only 5 weeks before the start of the 6 Nations, I sincerely hope our Marketing & Commercial teams have well developed plans in place to market all the hospitality facilities & Foundation Plaza to 2019 6 Nations 'visitors'.  With all the Main Stand facilities completed by spring we need to target them this year in readiness for next winter.  Offering full hospitality packages, showing the game and the Plaza would be a commercial goldmine especially since it is so close to Murrayfield.

33 minutes ago, Rabbie_Burns said:

That's great thanks. Think it was her who returned my wedding ring to me when I lost it during a match in the main stand a couple of years ago. Will give her a ring in return now ;-)

You could have been in big trouble if she hadn't found it.:laugh:

19 minutes ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Slight tangent...... but, with only 5 weeks before the start of the 6 Nations, I sincerely hope our Marketing & Commercial teams have well developed plans in place to market all the hospitality facilities & Foundation Plaza to 2019 6 Nations 'visitors'.  With all the Main Stand facilities completed by spring we need to target them this year in readiness for next winter.  Offering full hospitality packages, showing the game and the Plaza would be a commercial goldmine especially since it is so close to Murrayfield.

Good idea 

40 minutes ago, wavydavy said:

You could have been in big trouble if she hadn't found it.:laugh:

Oh I was, believe me. Attended the Willie Bauld dinner on the evening of said match and spoke with Robbo there who passed on my details to Martine who then called me on the Monday to say it had been found by an eagle eyed stadium cleaner. Robbo and cleaner legends both in my eyes :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

Given the stand is not yet complete, I would imagine this has come too soon. Fantastic idea though. Hope the club go after it

17 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Get those boards removed at the back of the main stand to allow people to exit from the top as well as the bottom.

Absolutely agree with this. 

4 hours ago, blairdin said:

Sorry, I just dip in and out of the thread - what is the issue with the Skyline Bar? 

There was an assumption that it would give the same view as you used to get from the top of the Wheatfield, with Arthur’s seat & the Castle and it was named that because it would have views of the Edinburgh Skyline. 

Nobody realised that by building it closer to the school would mean you wouldn’t be able to see the castle over the top of he school from the tables, and you wouldn’t be able to see Arthur’s Seat at all. 

It wasn’t until the flooring went in and people were able to stand there that they realised. 

As as many have pointed out, the main reason for going there is to watch the football and if you want a view of the castle, then there are plenty of places in town... but it would have been easier to rent out for other events if the views were better so it is a mistake that everyone wishes wasn’t made.

rudi must stay
3 hours ago, Gilbert’s Fridge said:

that's up to them. Different sport ultimately and there's plenty of pubs around Edinburgh. Showing a Champions League quater final, semi final, final on a big screen in the Gorgie Suite, that could be a plan

Edited by rudi must stay

3 minutes ago, BigC said:

There was an assumption that it would give the same view as you used to get from the top of the Wheatfield, with Arthur’s seat & the Castle and it was named that because it would have views of the Edinburgh Skyline. 

Nobody realised that by building it closer to the school would mean you wouldn’t be able to see the castle over the top of he school from the tables, and you wouldn’t be able to see Arthur’s Seat at all. 

It wasn’t until the flooring went in and people were able to stand there that they realised. 

As as many have pointed out, the main reason for going there is to watch the football and if you want a view of the castle, then there are plenty of places in town... but it would have been easier to rent out for other events if the views were better so it is a mistake that everyone wishes wasn’t made.

An embarrassing oversight, especially compared to the artist's impression but I think they're now planning on installing a viewing platform on top of the skylounge.

1 hour ago, BigC said:

That's quite amateur. No two ways about it. 

I asked this on Hibs.net (on a thread about Hearts New stand) but no-one has the answer, but thought you kind people would know. What's the rake/gradients of the four stands at Easter Road?

19 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

An embarrassing oversight, especially compared to the artist's impression but I think they're now planning on installing a viewing platform on top of the skylounge.

Yeah, I got loads of abuse for saying it was a bit of a joke at the time this was discovered.

But the difference between the artist’s impression and the actual view are night and day. 

It’s not the end of the world, the Skyline Restaurant will still be a great place to go and when we win our next trophy I can see the team out on the roof terrace with 1000’s of fans below on the plaza. 

August Landmesser
12 hours ago, La_Leyenda said:

I asked this on Hibs.net (on a thread about Hearts New stand) but no-one has the answer, but thought you kind people would know. What's the rake/gradients of the four stands at Easter Road?

I bet if you went rummaging on the Edinburgh city council planning website you'd find the various application plans & drawings. Should be in there somewhere. At a guess, I'd say the East Stand is the steepest - close to the Wheatfield, maybe. All the others are less so. 

16 minutes ago, BigC said:

Skyline Restaurant will still be a great place to go and when we win our next trophy I can see the team out on the roof terrace with 1000’s of fans below on the plaza. 

I can already see the iconic image of Christophe lofting the Scottish Cup above his head in May.

:love: 

letsalldothebeattie

What’s been going on since the Derby game? Has work started on taking the police box back? What else been getting done inside the stand? I know it’s been Xmas & New Year but has work started back again or is that next week?

Gene Parmesan

Police box ain't getting done til the summer.

Word from the AGM was that the ground floor and second floor are going to be redesigned before being fitted out, so they'll be summer at the earliest as well,

Howdy Doody Jambo
12 hours ago, johnking123 said:

What's been happening. Lounges and restaurant be ready for cup game? Started on the police box yet? 

Filling in the corners 

letsalldothebeattie
4 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Police box ain't getting done til the summer.

Word from the AGM was that the ground floor and second floor are going to be redesigned before being fitted out, so they'll be summer at the earliest as well,

That’s changed then because Ann said in response to the Hibs fans pics mocking that side of the stand where it blocks seats was that it was getting done in the winter break. Has it been changed cause it will take longer to do than a couple weeks of the winter break? 

Gene Parmesan
Just now, letsalldothebeattie said:

That’s changed then because Ann said in response to the Hibs fans pics mocking that side of the stand where it blocks seats was that it was getting done in the winter break. Has it been changed cause it will take longer to do than a couple weeks of the winter break? 

I can't remember exactly why but the gist was that there are other more important things to be done first, like getting the power supply up to scratch to stop the outages the main stand has been getting.

47 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

What’s been going on since the Derby game? Has work started on taking the police box back? What else been getting done inside the stand? I know it’s been Xmas & New Year but has work started back again or is that next week?

Building trade shuts down for two weeks at Christmas. 

Unless there's been extra funding made available to pay overtime costs(which would be hefty) , I can't see them diverting from the programme.

Edited by Debut 4

A_A wehatethehibs
20 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I can't remember exactly why but the gist was that there are other more important things to be done first, like getting the power supply up to scratch to stop the outages the main stand has been getting.

Would imagine the control box scale-back + any electrical/power supply work are part of the same workstream... As the electrical controls eg. floodlights, tannoy, alarms for the stadium are all situated within the control box.

Hungry hippo
55 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Given we may not sell out anyway based on sales so far that seems sensible.

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 14:26, Buffalo Bill said:

One of quite a few Architects "oversights"!

Nucky Thompson
On ‎04‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 11:50, Debut 4 said:

Building trade shuts down for two weeks at Christmas. 

Unless there's been extra funding made available to pay overtime costs(which would be hefty) , I can't see them diverting from the programme.

I don't think many places take the two weeks at Christmas anymore. Most self employed guys I know take a couple of days each week.

Most builders were back on Wednesday.

Same as the trades fortnight in July, everyone used to be off but not anymore

David McCaig
10 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

One of quite a few Architects "oversights"!

Going back to the 1990s, I'd have said the biggest mistake was not knocking the main stand down first and rotating the pitch 90 degrees.

13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Going back to the 1990s, I'd have said the biggest mistake was not knocking the main stand down first and rotating the pitch 90 degrees.

At that time the council were stull using the bulidings at the front of the main stand so would have been difficult due to that, and other reasons, I imagine. 

16 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Back in the 50's the Club purchased the land behind the old stand, and seemingly that was the plan.

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't think many places take the two weeks at Christmas anymore. Most self employed guys I know take a couple of days each week.

The main construction industry takes the full two weeks off and major sites are closed until Monday. 

David McCaig
4 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Back in the 50's the Club purchased the land behind the old stand, and seemingly that was the plan.

Any idea why we didn't stick to it?

I guess it would have been more disruptive and thus more expensive, but realistically was the only way we could have had a 20k plus capacity and full size pitch.

That said necessity is what has made Tynecastle the unique stadium it is.

50 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Depends where you work. My company shut down for two weeks and only special circumstances let guys come out to work.

Even self employed personnel can be stumped if the site they’re on closes for the hols.

They’d have to look for work elsewhere for the two weeks if they couldn’t afford to be off.

32 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

Any idea why we didn't stick to it?

I guess it would have been more disruptive and thus more expensive, but realistically was the only way we could have had a 20k plus capacity and full size pitch.

That said necessity is what has made Tynecastle the unique stadium it is.

Down to money I guess - the Board back in the 50's were money grabbing tossers according to my old Dad.