New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

3 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

So can we surmise that the board have decided to put Stand Development on hold until they work out what remedial action they want to take to aforementioned 'oversights' and plough resources previously earmarked for that into the playing side for the rest of this season instead?  The stand is at least open and functioning at a basic level so probably not a bad shout.

Sounds like a plan.

36 minutes ago, Bob Loblaw said:

So is the Skyline lounge not expected to be ready at all this season?  Or am I misunderstanding?

I believe all budgets are being re-assessed for the completion of the stand fit-out together with team recruitment.

My best estimate is that the aim will be to complete the fit-out for the start of next season.

13 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I believe all budgets are being re-assessed for the completion of the stand fit-out together with team recruitment.

My best estimate is that the aim will be to complete the fit-out for the start of next season.

I personally think that's good management and strikes the right balance.  If we went all out to complete the stand and went minimalist on team recruitment, there would be a huge danger that some more marginal fans would lose interest and crowds could take a dip and so too season ticket renewals.  A few exciting signings, hopefully improving the product on the park, increased interest, extra income to be spent on the fit out later.  I sat in the main in my last trip North and thought it was decent, if still somewhat bare.

Hopefully the design shortcomings you've alluded to aren't irreperable and it'll be ship shape in due course when funds allow.

18 minutes ago, SwindonJambo said:

I personally think that's good management and strikes the right balance.  If we went all out to complete the stand and went minimalist on team recruitment, there would be a huge danger that some more marginal fans would lose interest and crowds could take a dip and so too season ticket renewals.  A few exciting signings, hopefully improving the product on the park, increased interest, extra income to be spent on the fit out later.  I sat in the main in my last trip North and thought it was decent, if still somewhat bare.

Hopefully the design shortcomings you've alluded to aren't irreperable and it'll be ship shape in due course when funds allow.

Spot on!

The Natural Order

Thomaso, is it just fit out to be done (along with whatever internal layout changes my happen) or are new architects going to be planning bigger alterations to the structure of the stand. New access between the Executive lounge and seating for example?

5 minutes ago, Jambo Cartman said:

Thomaso, is it just fit out to be done (along with whatever internal layout changes my happen) or are new architects going to be planning bigger alterations to the structure of the stand. New access between the Executive lounge and seating for example?

No major alterations are planned at this stage.

2 hours ago, SecN said:

No running water in toilets at the end of the game is not ideal.  

Better than at the start though :D

On 17/01/2018 at 12:41, FTH said:

My understanding of the extensive work to improve the poor toilet design was removing the sign with a picture of a woman from one of the doors and replacing it with a picture of a man. Don#'t know if anything else has been done!

I have only read this page and found the answer to my mystery with this! 

I actually thought I was going mad as the first week back I was excited we had female toilets that had more than 2 toilets and had locks on the doors, I even took a picture. The next game the toilet I went to was different layout so thought must have walked passed the one I went to before and felt happy that there was 2 female toilets... then checked and all the other toilets were men’s. so I have a picture of inside a male toilet (even though it didn’t have anything that looked like it was a guys toilet). I do hope we girls get 2 as I don’t think men need 4 to our 1? 

scott herbertson
On 18/01/2018 at 11:36, Thomaso said:

Mmmmm....new carpet in the Skyline Lounge..............or sign Stevie Naismith?  :thumbsup:

Sounds like a discussion in my house - mmmmseason ticket or get those curtains fitted....

I have a season ticket of course!

Still not been in the shiny new stand , will have to hop ewe make the cup quarters

Edited by scott herbertson

Are they going to address the restricted viewing in N & T.Had a wee sit there at my plot ceromony and even with the police box removed you're not going to see the goals.

The insides of the concourses had a lick of paint.

Also noticed the run off bit running along the pitch had been done. Nice maroon synthetic stuff.

Well I had my first experience of the new stand on Sunday and was hugely impressed. Admittedly I did that really dull thing of turning up, going straight to my seat, then leaving at the end of the game so can't comment on toilets, catering, and so on. But sitting in the very back of T gives you a real sense of how much bigger the stand is than the Wheatfield having had my ST there for a number of years. 

Sorry if that's too positive a review. 

Different Class
8 minutes ago, ellsman said:

Are they going to address the restricted viewing in N & T.Had a wee sit there at my plot ceromony and even with the police box removed you're not going to see the goals.

What do you suggest?

Does anyone have the phase break down thing Ann released with the time lines of what we can expect etc. Doesn’t seem to be much work been done since the last derby inside the stand etc and I was almost certain the phase thing said something about works being done on the police box etc. Maybe wrong tho. 

1 minute ago, ellsman said:

Don't really know but its a lot of seats to lose.Must be something they can do.What do you suggest?

Really don't think there is anything we can do now.

How many columns of seats do you think are affected? The pictures I have seen would indicate maybe on the last two on each row once the control box issue is resolved.

Only thing to do is sell them reduced.

29 minutes ago, ellsman said:

Spoke to a club representative about this after they very first game against Partick after I went for a look at the view from these seats. All she said is that these will always be sold as restricted view at a lesser price. 

Not sold them yet though in N.You would have thought they would have put them on sale for the the league derby as the tv box was in the Roseburn. Sure the club knows best though. 

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

This Thursday’s HMSA agm dinner has been moved from the Gorgie Suite to Main Stand Lounge 2. Very exciting, for me at any rate. 

Will be my first time in the new stand , looking forward to it.

Coburg Hearts
1 hour ago, heartsfc_fan said:

How restricted are they? The club could shorten the pitch by half a yard? Might be all that's needed.

Too late to change the goal posts, though changing the goal posts might have solved it. ;)

All roads lead to Gorgie

First time in the new stand for me and my thoughts were mostly positive. The self scan turnstiles were quick and easy with stewards there to help the newcomers. The stairs up to where I was sitting in row 34 were a bit slippy with all the wet feet using them and being quite narrow progress down at HT and the end very slow but being able to extend the celebration made it worth the wait. The size of the toilets were a lot smaller than I expected and I will definitely cut the number of pre-match beers if I change across from the Wheatfield again. :smile:

First time time for me too, was hugely impressed, the view and seats are excellent, I was row 25 and the back seemed mikes back so it feels considerably bigger than the wheatfield. The tannoy system was superb making the celebrations at the end brilliant. Overall very good stand just hope it all gets finished do we can use every last seat 

Foundation Day

Dear Pledger

We are delighted that this Saturday (27 January) will be designated as Foundation Day at Tynecastle, with a series of activities to mark the amazing contribution Hearts fans have made to save our club. The contribution from Foundation pledgers to the club now stands at more than £6.5 million, with £2.5 million of that going to the Tynecastle redevelopment work. This is a quite stunning achievement – and it won’t stop there.

One of the most significant events on the day will be the official opening of the Foundation Plaza, the impressive new space behind the main stand. We’ll have a pipe band playing and Hearts legend Donald Ford, one of the original FoH visionaries, will be cutting the ribbon. This ceremony will take place at 1.30pm, and following that - at around 1.45pm on the Plaza - we are inviting you to come to take part in a group photo of supporters, with scarves held high to celebrate the Plaza opening.  We especially encourage those who have purchased their personalised Foundation scarves to bring these along for the photo.

Please do come along to that historic occasion if you can.

Other activity will see a series of Pledge Stations around the stadium before the match where fans can find out how to pledge for the first time, reactivate old pledges, increase pledges, or make a one-off donation. The players will be warming up in special FoH T-shirts, Foundation Day clappers will be on all the seats, and Bryan Jackson, who played such a key role as administrator when the club was close to extinction, will be a guest of honour and will be interviewed on the pitch at half-time.

Increasingly, as we move closer to fan ownership, there is widespread recognition that FoH is here for the long term – by the fans, for the fans, for Heart of Midlothian. You have played a momentous part in this movement and Foundation Day has been created to thank you. I hope you can come along and enjoy your day.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair
Foundation of Hearts

Edited by Dannie Boy

scott herbertson

I feel as it’s a plaza we ought to turn up in Limos with the development squad parking them for us.

alternatively it could just be Stratties and another pint at 1.30 instead of the grand opening (more likely scenario)

highlandjambo3

Went for some food on Sunday at half time in the new stand and decided on chips, they were piping hot, I was well impressed.  But, I went down to get said chips bang on half time and by the time I got back to my seat I had missed the first 3-4 minutes.  Now I do understand supply and demand etc..... more food outlets/serving stations to serve more punters but, on the balance of things, that does not mean queues will be shorter or go down quicker, it just means more customers being served by more staff taking the same length of time no?  Are all the food outlets open yet?

maybe I should get my lazy arse down a couple of minutes earlier like I used to.   Simples (unless everyone does the same)

4 minutes ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Went for some food on Sunday at half time in the new stand and decided on chips, they were piping hot, I was well impressed.  But, I went down to get said chips bang on half time and by the time I got back to my seat I had missed the first 3-4 minutes.  Now I do understand supply and demand etc..... more food outlets/serving stations to serve more punters but, on the balance of things, that does not mean queues will be shorter or go down quicker, it just means more customers being served by more staff taking the same length of time no?  Are all the food outlets open yet?

maybe I should get my lazy arse down a couple of minutes earlier like I used to.   Simples (unless everyone does the same)

Still only 2 out of the 4 kiosks open

Maybe for the Motherwell game, rumour Scottish Power are the reason for the delay

highlandjambo3
1 minute ago, kila said:

Maybe for the Motherwell game, rumour Scottish Power are the reason for the delay

Ahh cheers for that.  So, can I visit twice during half time now ?

1 hour ago, Dannie Boy said:

Foundation Day

Dear Pledger

We are delighted that this Saturday (27 January) will be designated as Foundation Day at Tynecastle, with a series of activities to mark the amazing contribution Hearts fans have made to save our club. The contribution from Foundation pledgers to the club now stands at more than £6.5 million, with £2.5 million of that going to the Tynecastle redevelopment work. This is a quite stunning achievement – and it won’t stop there.

One of the most significant events on the day will be the official opening of the Foundation Plaza, the impressive new space behind the main stand. We’ll have a pipe band playing and Hearts legend Donald Ford, one of the original FoH visionaries, will be cutting the ribbon. This ceremony will take place at 1.30pm, and following that - at around 1.45pm on the Plaza - we are inviting you to come to take part in a group photo of supporters, with scarves held high to celebrate the Plaza opening.  We especially encourage those who have purchased their personalised Foundation scarves to bring these along for the photo.

Please do come along to that historic occasion if you can.

Other activity will see a series of Pledge Stations around the stadium before the match where fans can find out how to pledge for the first time, reactivate old pledges, increase pledges, or make a one-off donation. The players will be warming up in special FoH T-shirts, Foundation Day clappers will be on all the seats, and Bryan Jackson, who played such a key role as administrator when the club was close to extinction, will be a guest of honour and will be interviewed on the pitch at half-time.

Increasingly, as we move closer to fan ownership, there is widespread recognition that FoH is here for the long term – by the fans, for the fans, for Heart of Midlothian. You have played a momentous part in this movement and Foundation Day has been created to thank you. I hope you can come along and enjoy your day.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair
Foundation of Hearts

Think there will be a big turn out? 

Think i am in Edinburgh this weekend so might pop along with my scarf! 

1 hour ago, kila said:

We can’t risk any more power cuts.

Captain Bubblebeard
8 minutes ago, Italian Lambretta said:

Toilets in the main stand where a nightmare on Sunday at half time. Too many cubicles causing massive queues 

Indeed. Probably discussed to death already, so apologies, but what on earth is the script there? Would’ve been a brave man to close the cubicle door and settle down for an Eartha with those queues! Are more urinals due to be opened elsewhere or is that our lot?

wattie exploited
On 10/26/2017 at 20:15, superjack said:

Sorry Wattie but I'll be using this picture to scare kids away on Halloween.

yeah it will surley work as it scared me 

Just now, Dunks said:

Hopefully a good reception for the amazing Mr Jackson :thumbsup:

Absolute Hero!!  But for his efforts and determination we were dust!

letsalldothebeattie
2 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Hopefully a good reception for the amazing Mr Jackson :thumbsup:

Surely a hero’s welcome for Mr Jackson 

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Absolute Hero!!  But for his efforts and determination we were dust!

Never a truer word said. He's obviously very well paid for his job but he's clearly a man who loves and cares about football and its fans, having put a string of basket case clubs back on their feet - ourselves, Dunfy and Pompey to name but 3. For a Celtic fan, he's not a bad guy at all :) 

On 23/01/2018 at 20:15, Italian Lambretta said:

Toilets in the main stand where a nightmare on Sunday at half time. Too many cubicles causing massive queues 

No running water from the taps after half time. How is that possible?