New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

On 23/01/2018 at 18:00, Dannie Boy said:

Foundation Day

Dear Pledger

We are delighted that this Saturday (27 January) will be designated as Foundation Day at Tynecastle, with a series of activities to mark the amazing contribution Hearts fans have made to save our club. The contribution from Foundation pledgers to the club now stands at more than £6.5 million, with £2.5 million of that going to the Tynecastle redevelopment work. This is a quite stunning achievement – and it won’t stop there.

One of the most significant events on the day will be the official opening of the Foundation Plaza, the impressive new space behind the main stand. We’ll have a pipe band playing and Hearts legend Donald Ford, one of the original FoH visionaries, will be cutting the ribbon. This ceremony will take place at 1.30pm, and following that - at around 1.45pm on the Plaza - we are inviting you to come to take part in a group photo of supporters, with scarves held high to celebrate the Plaza opening.  We especially encourage those who have purchased their personalised Foundation scarves to bring these along for the photo.

Please do come along to that historic occasion if you can.

Other activity will see a series of Pledge Stations around the stadium before the match where fans can find out how to pledge for the first time, reactivate old pledges, increase pledges, or make a one-off donation. The players will be warming up in special FoH T-shirts, Foundation Day clappers will be on all the seats, and Bryan Jackson, who played such a key role as administrator when the club was close to extinction, will be a guest of honour and will be interviewed on the pitch at half-time.

Increasingly, as we move closer to fan ownership, there is widespread recognition that FoH is here for the long term – by the fans, for the fans, for Heart of Midlothian. You have played a momentous part in this movement and Foundation Day has been created to thank you. I hope you can come along and enjoy your day.

With best wishes

Stuart Wallace
Chair
Foundation of Hearts

I reckon a separate thread for this would be a good idea.

On 23/01/2018 at 00:26, heartsfc_fan said:

How restricted are they? The club could shorten the pitch by half a yard? Might be all that's needed.

In N I think it’s only the last seat in the row. We stood(my bad) in that part on Sunday and could see the goal fine, from the last seat on the row you can’t see the goal. 

Not or sure if it’s worse at the other end.

Bungalow Bill
4 minutes ago, HMFC86 said:

In N I think it’s only the last seat in the row. We stood(my bad) in that part on Sunday and could see the goal fine, from the last seat on the row you can’t see the goal. 

Not or sure if it’s worse at the other end.

The club should just remove those end seats. 

Hearts Foundation have received £6.5 million of fans.

Hibs foundation has received £17.46

Edited by i8hibsh

It's going to take a long time until it's all finished. I was looking at that retail space beside on the ground floor, left beside the Gorgie stand yesterday and it's huge. Between the Main, Gorgie and Wheatfield stands we surely have enough "space" now? More than enough maybe?

Ricardo Shillyshally
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seriously. Graham Speirs? Who reads or listens that that bufoon?

Exactly. The boys a slavering Erse.

9 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Seriously. Graham Speirs? Who reads or listens that that bufoon?

This work site looks like a bloody work site!

So, what progress is being made in the main stand these days?

It seems ages since we had an update and, more importantly, some decent photies!

On ‎25‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 15:59, SE16 3LN said:

No running water from the taps after half time. How is that possible?

two new architects have been brought in to sort out the snagging and design defects.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

two new architects have been brought in to sort out the snagging and design defects.

At the clubs cost or Clydesdale?

15 minutes ago, communist said:

At the clubs cost or Clydesdale?

I was not party to the financial arrangements when he was punted off the job.

21 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Thanks mate

34 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I assume you are not interested in future business from Mr Clydesdale? ?

29 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

I assume you are not interested in future business from Mr Clydesdale? ?

Correct!

...a bit disco
12 hours ago, DETTY29 said:

Taking it Graham Spiers isn't impressed

https://twitter.com/GrahamSpiers/status/957742464173043712

Speirs is a self aggrandising blowhard who is never a journalist, more a writer of opinion pieces.

He obviously knows where a lot of the bodies are buried when it comes to the power wielders of the SMSM.

Part of it says " One thing though. My goodness, behind and beneath what you see of this new stand from the pitch, what an utter bomb site it remains. The front of the new stand looks stylish and the view from the field is wonderful. But inside? There is debris, buckets, building implements, paint brushes and slabs of cement everywhere.

as well as Budge and Heartts have done, suspicion remains they haven't half rushed their new stand into public use"

2 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

Part of it says " One thing though. My goodness, behind and beneath what you see of this new stand from the pitch, what an utter bomb site it remains. The front of the new stand looks stylish and the view from the field is wonderful. But inside? There is debris, buckets, building implements, paint brushes and slabs of cement everywhere.

as well as Budge and Heartts have done, suspicion remains they haven't half rushed their new stand into public use"

What a complete tit, it absolutely was rushed into public use, we all know that. Piss off spiers

3 minutes ago, Stuart Lyon said:

The areas of the new stand still to be completed are off limits to the public - so this tosser should not have been anywhere near "debris, buckets, building implements, paint brushes and slabs of cement"!!!!

A more accurate headline would have been ‘Hearts new stand not yet finished’. Not much newsworthy and exciting with that though 

43 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

A more accurate headline would have been ‘Hearts new stand not yet finished’. Not much newsworthy and exciting with that though 

You would think Spiers would praise a Scottish Club for actually investing in their stadium with the tremendous assistance of the fans..............

Edited by Thomaso

2 hours ago, davemclaren said:

What does Spiers actually say in the article?

I don’t know because it’s presumably behind the Murdoch pay wall.

1 hour ago, jonnothejambo said:

Blowhard ? 

Blowjob mair like for the curly heided, Hun reaming, Liberace impersonating wankpiece rimjob.

Haha

3 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

Anyone know when the sky lounge will be ready? Birthday in May and was thinking of going to it if it was open?

Last I heard it will not be open until next season.

Was the roller shutter in the concourse under section s there before?  Is it another food kiosk?  Same or different stuff planned from the one already open?

Ricardo Shillyshally
5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

What's the story there?  That must have passed me by

29 minutes ago, Ricardo Shillyshally said:

What's the story there?  That must have passed me by

Clydesdale is off the job. Two new architects have been appointed to complete the interior fit out and sort out design issues.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Clydesdale is off the job. Two new architects have been appointed to complete the interior fit out and sort out design issues.

What are the design issues they are fixing?

2 hours ago, Coco said:

Was the roller shutter in the concourse under section s there before?  Is it another food kiosk?  Same or different stuff planned from the one already open?

Noticed this too. I recall from the plans a kiosk is intended to go there.

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

You would think Spiers would praise a Scottish Club for actually investing in their stadium with the tremendous assistance of the fans..............

Can you imagine?

Naw, neither can I. 

The HMSA dinner was held in Lounge 2 on Thursday night. The area was very functional and everything worked fine but could do with some pictures and stuff to make it a bit more welcoming and less ‘spartan’. I believe the current ‘numbered’ lounges will be renamed at some point and appropriately themed stuff then added so that will be better. 

30 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The HMSA dinner was held in Lounge 2 on Thursday night. The area was very functional and everything worked fine but could do with some pictures and stuff to make it a bit more welcoming and less ‘spartan’. I believe the current ‘numbered’ lounges will be renamed at some point and appropriately themed stuff then added so that will be better. 

Spoke briefly to the catering boss Graham Pacetti? on Thursday says no point putting up decoration/themed stuff while work is still going on as these could be damaged as work will continue around the lounges do a while.

Bungalow Bill
1 hour ago, EIEIO said:

Spoke briefly to the catering boss Graham Pacetti? on Thursday says no point putting up decoration/themed stuff while work is still going on as these could be damaged as work will continue around the lounges do a while.

Next time you see him, ask if the club will be putting more bins on the concourse, the place was minging with empty cups, sauce sachets and tea bags before the game. 

Minor gripe I know but still. 

Other kiosks still not open yet.

Toilet queue didn't seem so bad today, maybe because less in attendance or because folk know where the other male toilets are now?

Really wish they'd paint the front of the media tables maroon.

48 minutes ago, kila said:

Other kiosks still not open yet.

Toilet queue didn't seem so bad today, maybe because less in attendance or because folk know where the other male toilets are now?

Really wish they'd paint the front of the media tables maroon.

Wish they would punt the media!!

Has work on the main stand stopped completely whilst the new architect re-designs the internal layout?

Might we need to reapply for planning permission of the internal layout is to change? I heard someone say something about the changing rooms being reduced in size at the request of the players.

4 minutes ago, tazhearts said:

Has work on the main stand stopped completely whilst the new architect re-designs the internal layout?

Might we need to reapply for planning permission of the internal layout is to change? I heard someone say something about the changing rooms being reduced in size at the request of the players.

No need fior planning permussion to change internal design imo.