New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Police box cut back yet. Is the lounges on the second floor almost done yet. Not to much detail coming from the club at the moment.

Drove past today and not much more was obvious from the last time I was there. Seemed to be a lot of stuff stored in the hospitality areas, looked like a dept store so might be shop stock. ?

On 05/01/2018 at 13:17, David McCaig said:

Going back to the 1990s, I'd have said the biggest mistake was not knocking the main stand down first and rotating the pitch 90 degrees.

Yep, definitely a mistake to not have the tens of millions that would have cost!

Hearing that there have been quite a few changes to the drawing and also the people drawing them. Can anyone ITK confirm if Jim Clydesdale is still part of the project?

7 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Drove past today and not much more was obvious from the last time I was there. Seemed to be a lot of stuff stored in the hospitality areas, looked like a dept store so might be shop stock. ?

I passed the night before last and assume it was the same stuff I saw. Looked more like an event with outdoorsy stuff being viewed/sold.

hoping the exits at the back of the stand will be open for use by the hibz game.  Will make getting out a breeze.  

On ‎30‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:47, Sarah O said:

And will that alow an exit from the top?

I'm hoping so.  As a Row 31-er, it takes ages to get out unless you do as others and try to nab a seat lower down just before the final whistle.  But FFS you shouldn't really need to do that.  I'm assuming that once the top level's ready , we'll be able to exit from those doors, but would be good to have that confirmed.

1 hour ago, Haken said:

I'm hoping so.  As a Row 31-er, it takes ages to get out unless you do as others and try to nab a seat lower down just before the final whistle.  But FFS you shouldn't really need to do that.  I'm assuming that once the top level's ready , we'll be able to exit from those doors, but would be good to have that confirmed.

Absolutely agree.

12 hours ago, BigC said:

Hearing that there have been quite a few changes to the drawing and also the people drawing them. Can anyone ITK confirm if Jim Clydesdale is still part of the project?

No

18 hours ago, Clerry Jambo said:

Come on guys where the pics??

What's all this dosh being spent on!!!

More dosh is not being spent on fitting out the rest of the stand at present.  Priority for the dosh is focussed on the team at this critical time.

Just now, David McCaig said:

No - he's no longer part of the project?

Or

No - He hasn't been binned?

No - he's been binned.

9 hours ago, Alex said:

I passed the night before last and assume it was the same stuff I saw. Looked more like an event with outdoorsy stuff being viewed/sold.

Your younger eyes wil be better than mine. ?

3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

hoping the exits at the back of the stand will be open for use by the hibz game.  Will make getting out a breeze.  

The upper floors have not been completed as yet and are not suitable for public access, therefore they won't be open.

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

No - he's been binned.

Good - although he should never have been appointed in the first place.

3 hours ago, Sarah O said:

Will they not just be for corporate?

Just now, davemclaren said:

Will they not just be for corporate?

These exits are for the Skyline Lounge.

3 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

More dosh is not being spent on fitting out the rest of the stand at present.  Priority for the dosh is focussed on the team at this critical time.

Interesting info. Thanks. 

1 minute ago, David McCaig said:

Good - although he should never have been appointed in the first place.

That is the general consensus for those who have worked on this project.

Just now, Thomaso said:

That is the general consensus for those who have worked on this project.

He designed the other three stands I think and they seemed to have less teething problems iirc. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

He designed the other three stands I think and they seemed to have less teething problems iirc. 

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

The other 3 stands were relatively simple constructions.  The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges.

Edited by Thomaso

1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

The other 3 stands were relatively simple constructions.  The new main stand was a huge and complex construction which presented many design and logistical challenges.

Fair comment. Horses for courses is a good motto but probably hard to find, and afford, someone that has built a football stand to similar scale, complexity, constraints and timescale. Let’s hope any outstanding issues are relatively straightforward to mitigate or resolve. 

So only a few people will be exiting from the top of the stand? A small few battling up the stairs to nip out to the lounge? Sounds mental. 

10 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

So only a few people will be exiting from the top of the stand? A small few battling up the stairs to nip out to the lounge? Sounds mental. 

All other fans will use the main exits - just like the Wheatfield stand.

2 hours ago, Sarah O said:

One would hope that their seats are at the top of the stand. 

12 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Indeed,  It's slow enough getting out at the moment without having to battle against folk trying to come up the way.

20 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Pretty sure they will be

My dad has mobility issues. I really want him to see it but needs to have all the access in place. Realistically when will it all be finished?

Cheers

1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

My dad has mobility issues. I really want him to see it but needs to have all the access in place. Realistically when will it all be finished?

Cheers

I take it you and your Dad are in the new stand.  The normal access/exits are already in place.

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I take it you and your Dad are in the new stand.  The normal access/exits are already in place.

No we're not. His health isn't too great tbh. 

Would probably be his first and last visit tbh.

He's 80 and not can't walk any distance. Stair's etc are a no go.

Cheers for the reply

Edited by robbo1874

1 minute ago, robbo1874 said:

No we're not. His health isn't too great tbh. 

Would probably be his first and last visit tbh.

He's 80 and not can't walk any distance. Stair's etc are a no go.

Cheers for the reply

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get him along to a game. All the access/exits are now completed - there is a lift at the Gorgie stand for wheelchair access I believe.

All the best.

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you can get him along to a game. All the access/exits are now completed - there is a lift at the Gorgie stand for wheelchair access I believe.

All the best.

Cheers ?

1 minute ago, i8hibsh said:

Any latest on when the changing rooms are going to be put in?

I gather these will not be ready until the start of next season.

33 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I gather these will not be ready until the start of next season.

obua said the home ones were too big and were being redesigned? If true, bit of a joke that the tunnel and dugouts off centre to accommodate our bigger changing rooms that are too big!

13 minutes ago, kila said:

obua said the home ones were too big and were being redesigned? If true, bit of a joke that the tunnel and dugouts off centre to accommodate our bigger changing rooms that are too big!

I said in the dot count thread that it was my suspicion that since the push to get it open next to no work has taken place, maybe this is the thread for such a comment, anyone know differently ? 

Edited by ericb

10 minutes ago, ericb said:

I said in the dot count thread that it was my suspicion that since the push to get it open next to no work has taken place, maybe this is the thread for such a comment, anyone know differently ? 

Ann said at the AGM they would use January to ‘take stock’ and rvise plans where needed but a timeline for future deliveries in the stand was published in the minutes on the Hearts website.

5 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Your younger eyes wil be better than mine. ?

I'm just really nosey.  I'm hoping though it's a start to the planned income from using the stand on non match-days.

1 hour ago, kila said:

I am not aware of this.

8 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

I am not aware of this.

Ann said at the AGM that Craig felt the home dressing room would be too big so being reviewed this month. Don’t think it has anything to do with tunnel position though. ?

jambo-in-furness
26 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Ann said at the AGM that Craig felt the home dressing room would be too big so being reviewed this month. Don’t think it has anything to do with tunnel position though. ?

I was was under the impression that the home and away dressing rooms were to be of the same area size wise.

5 hours ago, Thomaso said:

All other fans will use the main exits - just like the Wheatfield stand.

Wheatfield doesn't have exits available at the back so that's what has to be done there. The stairways at the back of the main stand look big enough to my uneducated eye to handle more than the comparatively small number that will be using the lounge.  Seems ridiculous if that's what is planned.

6 hours ago, Thomaso said:

No - he's been binned.

Out interest - Was he binned because of the number of things that have gone wrong or because his job is complete, services no longer required?

Edited by Disco Dave

On 04/01/2018 at 11:27, Gene Parmesan said:

Police box ain't getting done til the summer.

Word from the AGM was that the ground floor and second floor are going to be redesigned before being fitted out, so they'll be summer at the earliest as well,

I suppose the 2 floors being redesigned will cost a few quid or is this included in the £15 million.

36 minutes ago, jkbam said:

Wheatfield doesn't have exits available at the back so that's what has to be done there. The stairways at the back of the main stand look big enough to my uneducated eye to handle more than the comparatively small number that will be using the lounge.  Seems ridiculous if that's what is planned.

:spoton: 

2 hours ago, jkbam said:

I think the directors seating is getting moved upwards and they need decent access / exit points which wasn't working where they were mingling with everyone else and getting abuse, both home and away directors.

It will be simpler to give the directors either exclusive or priority access / exit points at the top of the main stand.