New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

24 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

I think the directors seating is getting moved upwards and they need decent access / exit points which wasn't working where they were mingling with everyone else and getting abuse, both home and away directors.

It will be simpler to give the directors either exclusive or priority access / exit points at the top of the main stand.

It seems strange that the directors didn’t get their own access stairway like they had in the old stand. It was always going to be a bad idea having them coming in and out with everyone else.

6 minutes ago, buzz said:

It seems strange that the directors didn’t get their own access stairway like they had in the old stand. It was always going to be a bad idea having them coming in and out with everyone else.

They should move them up the top to leave with at that back with all the drunks imo. ?

10 hours ago, Thomaso said:

All other fans will use the main exits - just like the Wheatfield stand.

People leaving in a stream is going to lead to standing. My view is regularly blocked for the last 10 mins. Also stewards patrolling constantly (which doesn't happen in other stands) is a real pain

47 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

The new glass curtain is coming along nicely (at White Hart Lane) ............ as is the rest of the stadium)

wpXsWH4.jpg

RrJjVWu.jpg

Heard this stadium is going to cost £1billion???!!!!!! We won't be far behind that though by the time we've finished. 

Francis Albert
8 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Ann said at the AGM that Craig felt the home dressing room would be too big so being reviewed this month. Don’t think it has anything to do with tunnel position though. ?

At a loss to understand how the dressing room could be too big. 

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

At a loss to understand how the dressing room could be too big. 

With all the interesting shit going on right now... that is your comeback post?

:lol:

Francis Albert
1 hour ago, Ryder said:

Some disappointing disrespect for the architect of all four of the stands on our fantastic stadium. :(

The development of the new stadium on a cramped site has been a major achievement at modest cost ... at least until the new main stand where cost over-runs have nothing to do with the architect but more to do with the management of the project. From an architecural perspective it is hard to imagine a better result than what we have.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

The development of the new stadium on a cramped site has been a major achievement at modest cost ... at least until the new main stand where cost over-runs have nothing to do with the architect but more to do with the management of the project. From an architecural perspective it is hard to imagine a better result than what we have.

Hang on... every time someone quotes me, it stops my Spotify...

Francis Albert
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

With all the interesting shit going on right now... that is your comeback post?

:lol:

In responding specifically to a post about the size of the home dressing room ... yes.

Just now, Francis Albert said:

In responding specifically to a post about the size of the home dressing room ... yes.

You just stopped ‘Everywhere’ by Fleetwood Mac. Can you stop quoting me Prince?

6 hours ago, Ryder said:

Hang on... every time someone quotes me, it stops my Spotify...

:gok: 

Happens on my phone.  nippy. 

On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 01:39, Francis Albert said:

Wanna bet???

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 23:40, Ryder said:

Some disappointing disrespect for the architect of all four of the stands on our fantastic stadium. :(

Says someone who has frankly no idea what was going on behind the scenes!!

On ‎11‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:23, Disco Dave said:

Out interest - Was he binned because of the number of things that have gone wrong or because his job is complete, services no longer required?

The former.

14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Says someone who has frankly no idea what was going on behind the scenes!!

Clearly. Still he’s not all over a Football forum pouring his little heart out to all and sundry, so it’s hard to judge from such a one sided point of view.

10 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Clearly. Still he’s not all over a Football forum pouring his little heart out to all and sundry, so it’s hard to judge from such a one sided point of view.

If you just want to continue with your sly wee digs Ryder, just carry on.  If you are really interested in the actual facts PM me.

The players said the dressing room was to big, so Anne said she would address this, not her fault or the architects, good intentions and all that

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

The players said the dressing room was to big, so Anne said she would address this, not her fault or the architects, good intentions and all that

They want it smaller to be closer to Billie.

Nap. 

1 hour ago, sandylejambo said:

Thank **** they never criticised the glass.

2 hours ago, Thomaso said:

If you just want to continue with your sly wee digs Ryder, just carry on.  If you are really interested in the actual facts PM me.

I'll take a PM full of insightful top secret facts if theres one going plz :)

Never been part of a secret PM circle before, now seems as good a time as any.

13 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Thank **** they never criticised the glass.

No need - you had already done that.

12 minutes ago, Erik said:

Serious enquiries only, thanks.

The Natural Order

Can anyone share what the problems the architect caused are? I've seen the same obvious ones like access for directors, poor bog layout, electric supply etc but there must be more to it than that.

Also, if we have new architects coming in are they just going to be reworking the internal layout a bit or is there going to be bigger changes to the stand?

Jambo, Goodbye
4 hours ago, Erik said:

Me too.  Would be a fascinating secret PM circle to join.

7 minutes ago, Jambo Cartman said:

Can anyone share what the problems the architect caused are? I've seen the same obvious ones like access for directors, poor bog layout, electric supply etc but there must be more to it than that.

Also, if we have new architects coming in are they just going to be reworking the internal layout a bit or is there going to be bigger changes to the stand?

Also, how big are the problems that have been caused? Are you worried?

Edited by Smithee

38 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Also, how big are the problems that have been caused? Are you worried?

Nope - not worried :)

So male toilet layouts are a problem, I'm not convinced the kiosk locations are optimal (trek from middle of the stand) and the directors location and entrance/exit was glaring obvious it was never going to work. What other problems are there with the current interior design and what else is likely to be changed?

station_jambo
On 15/01/2018 at 10:50, Thomaso said:

I'll take a PM - Interested to know what hapened

highlandjambo3

I have only been in the new stand once when it opened but, I am there again on Sunday.  What (if anything) has changed?

I  Am sure there were only 2 food outlets then and loads more painting still needing done.   Did I hear right the toilets have been modified or more opened up.

any info would be appreciated.

cheers 

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

I have only been in the new stand once when it opened but, I am there again on Sunday.  What (if anything) has changed?

I  Am sure there were only 2 food outlets then and loads more painting still needing done.   Did I hear right the toilets have been modified or more opened up.

any info would be appreciated.

cheers 

My understanding of the extensive work to improve the poor toilet design was removing the sign with a picture of a woman from one of the doors and replacing it with a picture of a man. Don#'t know if anything else has been done!

I moved over to the main stand after a decade in the Wheatfield. Pros and cons for me. I love my view as I’m pretty central and high up. Get served quicker at kiosks too. Downside is leaving takes a lot longer from seat to exit and the kiosk toilet area is pretty claustrophobic compared to the Wheatfield which is delightfully open plan. 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I moved over to the main stand after a decade in the Wheatfield. Pros and cons for me. I love my view as I’m pretty central and high up. Get served quicker at kiosks too. Downside is leaving takes a lot longer from seat to exit and the kiosk toilet area is pretty claustrophobic compared to the Wheatfield which is delightfully open plan. 

Like to spend a bit of time in there Ryder do we........;)

Edited by Thomaso

Just now, Thomaso said:

Like to spend a bit of time in there Ryder do we........;)

:lol: TOUCHÉ!

I meant the whole area immediately behind the seats. No idea what it’s called... the concourse? Feels a bit to compartmentalised to call it that. I think I just miss the amount of natural light there was.

3 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I meant the whole area immediately behind the seats. No idea what it’s called... the concourse? Feels a bit to compartmentalised to call it that. I think I just miss the amount of natural light there was.

:thumbsup:

...a bit disco
12 minutes ago, Ryder said:

You never told me this.

If I'd known I would have been contacting the club for a discount.

4 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Yeah I'm not a fan of the white and bright concourse. False ceiling looked good in the early photos during construction but having been in there now, probably be better without!

Maybe it'll open up more once the directors are moved to the sky lounge from their current location in between the north and south concourse sections

Just now, ...a bit disco said:

You never told me this.

If I'd known I would have been contacting the club for a discount.

You’ve missed the boat then mate. The ‘no longer being within touching distance of Mothy discount’ elapsed months ago.

:sob:

...a bit disco
1 minute ago, Ryder said:

You’ve missed the boat then mate. The ‘no longer being within touching distance of Mothy discount’ elapsed months ago.

:sob:

:seething:

Having to share a big shiny new stand with riff-raff and no compo.

21 hours ago, davemclaren said:

Are we still trying to stick to the timetable announced at the agm or has that been changed?

Mmmmm....new carpet in the Skyline Lounge..............or sign Stevie Naismith?  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Mmmmm....new carpet in the Skyline Lounge..............or sign Stevie Naismith?  :thumbsup:

I’m happy to juggle the priorities as the need arises. All good businesses should. ?

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

So can we surmise that the board have decided to put Stand Development on hold until they work out what remedial action they want to take to aforementioned 'oversights' and plough resources previously earmarked for that into the playing side for the rest of this season instead?  The stand is at least open and functioning at a basic level so probably not a bad shout.

Portable Badger
1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

...........and the carpet has it !!!     :thumbsup: