New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

While I was there two ‘elevated’ platforms arrived. A lot of work going on inside the hospitality areas as well. Must be a challenge to maintain progress when it all has to be safe for each home game. 

12 hours ago, Chaps said:

Thread has went a bit quiet so a bit off topic

Spurs new stadium to now cost in the region of 1bn:o

http://www.insideworldfootball.com/2017/12/04/spurs-new-stadium-costs-top-1bn-expensive-ever-uk/

Holy bloody jesus!!!

Makes you wonder how much aberdeens stadium would actually cost, part of me wants them to get permission - it'll cripple them

1 minute ago, Smithee said:

Holy bloody jesus!!!

Makes you wonder how much aberdeens stadium would actually cost, part of me wants them to get permission - it'll cripple them

That’s a lot of toilet enhancements. ?

13 minutes ago, Smithee said:

Imagine Spurs' snag list

Joking apart, it shows that what has happened at Hearts, whilst annoying, could have been much worse. 

37 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Handrails are definitely loose

Which section? I made a point of waggling all the ones on 'my' stair and they were all grand. Stair between S and T upper.

August Landmesser
33 minutes ago, Dunks said:

Which section? I made a point of waggling all the ones on 'my' stair and they were all grand. Stair between S and T upper.

I can't wait for next Saturday now, everyone waggling handrails and stress-testing the building...

Seymour M Hersh
8 hours ago, Sir Gio said:

Christmas tree looks good out the front. 

Handrails are definitely loose

Which ones? All of them?

18 hours ago, Nookie Bear said:

Seems risky to increase spending to accommodate NFL. Doesn't seem too sound an investment to me.

They are pitching very hard for a London NFL franchise due to the success of the games hosted here. If that happens it’s a pretty smart move.

25 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

They are pitching very hard for a London NFL franchise due to the success of the games hosted here. If that happens it’s a pretty smart move.

Jesus... NFL... kids of today. :facepalm:

Still, if we can earn some coin from it, I’m in! :D

32 minutes ago, Dalstonjambo said:

I’m sure it is, if they get it (no doubt they will)

1 minute ago, Ryder said:

Jesus... NFL... kids of today. :facepalm:

Still, if we can earn some coin from it, I’m in! :D

I just don’t believe an NFL franchise would result in big crowds. Barry Hearn once explained that Darts sells out not just because of the product (and fun) but because it’s not on in towns/cities weekly and it’s not a team event. 

The U.K. NFL UK hosted games are the same in many respects - infrequent enough to generate interest from fans of the sport. Years of the Euro NFL never created a mega franchise during the years in the 90s and this would be the same IMO.

Why are we now talking about NFL on the Hearts new main stand thread, the last remaining refuge from the frothing condemnation and swivel-eyed conspiracy theorists elsewhere on this board?

Where are the photies?

1 hour ago, Mysterion said:

I just don’t believe an NFL franchise would result in big crowds. Barry Hearn once explained that Darts sells out not just because of the product (and fun) but because it’s not on in towns/cities weekly and it’s not a team event. 

The U.K. NFL UK hosted games are the same in many respects - infrequent enough to generate interest from fans of the sport. Years of the Euro NFL never created a mega franchise during the years in the 90s and this would be the same IMO.

The NFL are investing a lot of money on the spurs stadium because it will be used on a regular basis to host games over here. If a franchise was ever to be placed here, we are only talking about 8 home league games (before playoffs) so it’s completely feasible that these would sell out, when you consider the current 4 games per year in much bigger stadiums sell out.  

The stadium has the infrastructure in place (pitch, locker rooms, media rooms) for many years to come regardless of it continuing as is or moving to a franchise. 

Oh and and I agree, where are the photos- we need more photos - please. 

Edited by trago13

17 hours ago, kila said:

Wonder when they'll finish off the media benches?

Up close it looks like there is meant to be a panel on the front. Maybe the club going to put ads there, but right now they could at least put some maroon on!

They are finished.

There is a blank panel on the front - no plans for Ads - agree maroon panels would look better - another wee architects clitch...

August Landmesser
17 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They are finished.

There is a blank panel on the front - no plans for Ads - agree maroon panels would look better - another wee architects clitch...

I'm sure it's the kind of thing that can be retrofitted - maybe a display panel giving the twitter handle of the journo using the desk, so we can provide 'advice' for the match reports....

11 minutes ago, August Landmesser said:

I'm sure it's the kind of thing that can be retrofitted - maybe a display panel giving the twitter handle of the journo using the desk, so we can provide 'advice' for the match reports....

Once all the facilities are open and the stand is fully complete, I am sure there will be quire a few adjustments and improvements.

45 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They are finished.

So you are now on the anti-Clydesdale train ??????

5 minutes ago, Simmo said:

So you are now on the anti-Clydesdale train ??????

Didn't know there was such a train - where can I board?  :thumbsup:

Lord Beni of Gorgie
14 hours ago, Dunks said:

Between P & Q Dunks

7 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Between P & Q Dunks

Send an email to the Club for the attention of Derek Ferrier.  He will deal with this if it is a problem.

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

They are finished.

What type of materials are the panels.

Tin of maroon paint suffice?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 minute ago, Thomaso said:

Send an email to the Club for the attention of Derek Ferrier.  He will deal with this if it is a problem.

Thanks Thomaso, they aren't going to come off or anything, but some are looser than others, they move when you lean on them. I wouldn't have a clue to what stress levels they need to be at etc.

4 minutes ago, DETTY29 said:

What type of materials are the panels.

Tin of maroon paint suffice?

Composite board material with a white laminated top and front - maroon paint would be subject to flaking and scratching - should really have been maroon laminate IMO.

6 minutes ago, Sir Gio said:

Thanks Thomaso, they aren't going to come off or anything, but some are looser than others, they move when you lean on them. I wouldn't have a clue to what stress levels they need to be at etc.

They will be subject to a bit flexing, however if there is too much movement I would pop off an email to Derek to get them checked.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
5 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

They will be subject to a bit flexing, however if there is too much movement I would pop off an email to Derek to get them checked.

:thumbsup:

10 hours ago, Mysterion said:

The NFL Europe, or whatever it was called exactly, didn't have teams competing in the actual NFL. I went to the World Bowl (the final) when the Claymores were in it at Murrayfield and the standard was, in comparison to the actual NFL somewhat akin to the third division of Scottish football rather than the premier league, if indeed it was even that good. An NFL franchise in London would be playing in the actual NFL!

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

The NFL Europe, or whatever it was called exactly, didn't have teams competing in the actual NFL. I went to the World Bowl (the final) when the Claymores were in it at Murrayfield and the standard was, in comparison to the actual NFL somewhat akin to the third division of Scottish football rather than the premier league, if indeed it was even that good. An NFL franchise in London would be playing in the actual NFL!

NFL has also never been more popular over here. People would flock to it.

Big Slim Stylee
46 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

NFL has also never been more popular over here. People would flock to it.

Which is ironic really as they're flocking away from it over in the US!

Nah. Sorry NFL fans - I don’t believe it will generate the crowds. 

I’m still citing the Barry Hearn theory around darts. It’s novelty in a city once or twice a year but not multiple times. 

The NFL games staged in London have had massive crowds as people traveled from all round the country. That’s a one off type trip a year for a lot of people. 

I’m not an NFL hater I just don’t believe there’d be enough fans to fill half of Spurs updated stadium each game over a season.

44 minutes ago, Mysterion said:

Nah. Sorry NFL fans - I don’t believe it will generate the crowds. 

I’m still citing the Barry Hearn theory around darts. It’s novelty in a city once or twice a year but not multiple times. 

The NFL games staged in London have had massive crowds as people traveled from all round the country. That’s a one off type trip a year for a lot of people. 

I’m not an NFL hater I just don’t believe there’d be enough fans to fill half of Spurs updated stadium each game over a season.

They're getting something like 90k four times a year just now, when there's no actual home team involved.  If a London franchise did actually come to be, that would only bring an extra four games per year (plus very occasionally one or two more if they made the playoffs and had any home games) and there'd be an actual home team. It wouldn't necessarily have complete sellouts for every single game, but the crowds would be very large, almost certainly at least in the 40-50k range.

1 hour ago, FarmerTweedy said:

They're getting something like 90k four times a year just now, when there's no actual home team involved.  If a London franchise did actually come to be, that would only bring an extra four games per year (plus very occasionally one or two more if they made the playoffs and had any home games) and there'd be an actual home team. It wouldn't necessarily have complete sellouts for every single game, but the crowds would be very large, almost certainly at least in the 40-50k range.

Time will tell. I remember when basketball was the new up and coming sport here. 

23 minutes ago, johnking123 said:

This thread has went quiet. Does anyone know how we are progressing on different parts of the stand.

Drove past it earlier and my Mrs thought it looked impressive. 

Main Stand ticket holders

Turnstiles open: 2:00pm 

Supporters with tickets in the Main Stand must enter the stadium via the Main Stand’s turnstiles - accessed via the new Foundation Plaza. 

Supporters whose tickets are located in Sections N, P and Q, and seats 14-25 in Section PR, should enter via the North turnstiles (nearest the Roseburn End) in order to locate their seats with ease.

Supporters with tickets in Sections R, S and T, and seats 1-13 in Section PR, should enter via the South turnstiles, closest to the Gorgie Stand.

Please note that the walkway between the corner of the Main Stand and Gorgie Stand will not be accessible, therefore fans cannot, from the Main Stand, access the other three stands, and vice versa.

New electronic turnstiles will be in operation at the Main Stand. These turnstiles are not manned. Fans should simply scan their valid season tickets into the electric card reader on the turnstile to gain entry. For more instructions, watch this video.

Stewards will be positioned in key areas around the front of the stand should supporters require any assistance.

For fans who select the print at home option, please note that the look of the ticket has now changed. The ticket must be folded before being placed into the reader. Further instructions can be found on the ticket, and on this video.

King Of The Cat Cafe
23 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I think NFL is totally shit.

Safety helmet secured:

To be honest, I do not think many of the team games invented/developed by Americans are that exciting.  

Even basketball, which they play a lot of, was invented by a Canadian - and ice hockey was derived from British soldiers/immigrants to Canada.

53 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Safety helmet secured:

To be honest, I do not think many of the team games invented/developed by Americans are that exciting.  

Even basketball, which they play a lot of, was invented by a Canadian - and ice hockey was derived from British soldiers/immigrants to Canada.

Yep. It’s like when music critics are forced to pretend hip-hop is anything other than: Now That’s What I Call Children’s Pish. :lol:

See also anything by Andy Warhol. :unsure:

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

I think NFL is totally shit.

Lots of people disagree! Also, lots of people think football is totally shit! And lots of people who don't think football in general is shit do think Scottish football is totally shit!

On 06/12/2017 at 11:12, Thomaso said:

They are finished.

Definitely looks like there should be a cover that slides in

IMG_8729.thumb.JPG.efc15ea33b43b65b72227d8c18203f70.JPG