New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

9 hours ago, SUTOL said:

So, first 'wet' match in the new stand.

How was your experience? 

I noticed people moving back from the front rows, and all the media desks were wet and they were being handed paper towels to dry their stuff.

Radio guys complaining about it as well. 

More importantly there was leaks in the roof above PR and some folk had to move seat. 

And, one other complaint about the pie-stand.

I asked for and was charged for a steak pie, but got a scotch pie.

:raging:

I'm still shaking with rage!

Didn't realise till I was in my seat.

For anyone who has been at Tynecastle in the rain since about 1993, the highlighted part was entirely predictable.

Really good photo reel video that, well done for keeping a timeline of it all. Do you have all the photos still in high res? Would be good to have them on a flickr page to skip through, date stamps would be good too.

That photo of the changing rooms wasn't actually our ones though  :laugh: 

8 minutes ago, kila said:

Really good photo reel video that, well done for keeping a timeline of it all. Do you have all the photos still in high res? Would be good to have them on a flickr page to skip through, date stamps would be good too.

That photo of the changing rooms wasn't actually our ones though  :laugh: 

I didn’t like to mention the changing rooms. ?

10 hours ago, SUTOL said:

I noticed people moving back from the front rows, and all the media desks were wet and they were being handed paper towels to dry their stuff.

Radio guys complaining about it as well. 

Putting the media at the front and in between the dugout and directors is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

3 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

Putting the media at the front and in between the dugout and directors is a PR disaster waiting to happen.

Already happened at the Hamilton game - folk were standing on the concourse at full time leaning over to shout to the Hamilton mob, while commentators were covering their mics :laugh: 

I presume this layout is purely the architects doing than Budge's decision?

12 minutes ago, Boozyuzi said:

Don't care where they go - but we should be charging them

10 hours ago, Wayofthecass said:

Long ago I came on here and asked permission to use the pictures taken and uploaded to this thread for a montage of the new stand redevelopment. It took some time but I've been able to come up with this:

Thanks for allowing me to use them and I hope you enjoy the montage.

Paul

Very good work thanks.

10 hours ago, Wayofthecass said:

Long ago I came on here and asked permission to use the pictures taken and uploaded to this thread for a montage of the new stand redevelopment. It took some time but I've been able to come up with this:

Paul

hate to break it to you since you spent ages on a 15min video, but at 14:12 those changing rooms belong to Barcelona not Hearts  :sweat:

other than that, good job :thumbsup:

Thanks for pointing that out on the changing rooms. I was going to say I can only hope Hearts do the right thing and amend the changing room designs accordingly in order to suit my montage but instead, I've edited it out of the montage using a youtube tool. Hopefully, it works. 

Thanks,

Paul

5 minutes ago, Wayofthecass said:

Thanks for pointing that out on the changing rooms. I was going to say I can only hope Hearts do the right thing and amend the changing room designs accordingly in order to suit my montage but instead, I've edited it out of the montage using a youtube tool. Hopefully, it works. 

Thanks,

Paul

Changing rooms did look great though. ?

42 minutes ago, PTBCAL said:

A sky sports studio of sorts is being built in lower Gorgie block Z so a few seats now unavailable and existing ticket holders being moved to the old Corporate seating in the Gorgie.

That'll give the studio a nice view of the new stand as a backdrop

Do you know how many seats are lost and where in lower Z it'll be? I'd guess right by the stairs on the right

1231.png.bb9842e13ac6c7dd52c3c4058ff41a5d.png

47 minutes ago, kila said:

That'll give the studio a nice view of the new stand as a backdrop

Do you know how many seats are lost and where in lower Z it'll be? I'd guess right by the stairs on the right

1231.png.bb9842e13ac6c7dd52c3c4058ff41a5d.png

Sorry I don't. Just that a lot of seats in Lower Z will be moved.

1 hour ago, scuj1 said:

15 mins of my life well spent. Thanks Paul :clap:

I thought the studio was being put into the pylon?

I think that’s longer term. 

12 hours ago, Cut The Crap said:

For anyone who has been at Tynecastle in the rain since about 1993, the highlighted part was entirely predictable.

Exactly. Westerly winds and the rain comes in almost horizontal. That mob should all be up the back row of the Wheatfield & nowhere near our new stand imo

My seat is in the lower Z, the club phone me this afternoon to tell me my seat was being moved for the Celtic game only, due to stadium redevelopment that must be for the studio 

siegementality
23 hours ago, Phil D. Corners said:

Any chance to see more photos of the internal progress being made. 

Sky lounge and changing rooms etc. 

Thanks 

This.

On 12/12/2017 at 23:23, Wayofthecass said:

Paul

Haha that's one of mine at 0.29! (4 - 0 v Dumbarton).

Great job mate cracking vid.

letsalldothebeattie
On 12/12/2017 at 23:23, Wayofthecass said:

Paul

Absolutely magnificent video. Best 15 mins I’ve spent at work

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 03:54, Phil D. Corners said:

Any chance to see more photos of the internal progress being made. 

Sky lounge and changing rooms etc. 

Thanks 

The fit-out hasn't started in the Skyline lounge

My only complaint today is the top of the barrier at the front row is at an angle and I was in danger of falling onto the track whilst standing on it giving Celtic fans the full Fenlon...4 times ?

Big Slim Stylee
On 12/8/2017 at 09:37, Ryder said:

I think NFL is totally shit.

It’s each to their own, mate. There’s maybe only a couple of sports we all can really care about. I’m a big basketball fanatic having been out here for 17 yrs.  Not arsed about the NFL or MLB

August Landmesser
20 minutes ago, Forza Cuore said:

My only complaint today is the top of the barrier at the front row is at an angle and I was in danger of falling onto the track whilst standing on it giving Celtic fans the full Fenlon...4 times ?

:D

Perhaps worth bumping this thread only for the fact that the new stand was absolutely bouncing on Sunday. 

It was also Tynecastle's biggest crowd since 1994.

InNothingWeTrust

Power cut in the main stand at half time causing the lack of PA. Was worried the game might be delayed/abandoned if there wasn't a working PA for crowd safety etc. Thankfully the second half went ahead! :sweat:

On 17/12/2017 at 21:10, Forza Cuore said:

Lol brilliant

17 minutes ago, InNothingWeTrust said:

Power cut in the main stand at half time causing the lack of PA. Was worried the game might be delayed/abandoned if there wasn't a working PA for crowd safety etc. Thankfully the second half went ahead! :sweat:

Got Milinkovic's first goal announcement 10 mins or something afterwards.

Was actually quite good to just have the crowd noise and no announcement/music drowning it out.

Loved slade - merry xmas being played after the 4th? Or was it the 2nd.. 

I think the bouncing of the main stand crowd probably just dislodged the main plug out of is socket (that's how these things work isn't it?) In which case someone needs to keep a closer eye on it for the 27th :laugh:

1 hour ago, InNothingWeTrust said:

Never noticed 

42 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

What's happened to the PA system in the wheatfield? It used to be clear as day but I can't hear a thing now.

I've noticed that recently also. When Scott Wilson talks it's just muffled.

53 minutes ago, Romanov Stole My Pension said:

What's happened to the PA system in the wheatfield? It used to be clear as day but I can't hear a thing now.

One of the improvements.

I enjoyed the fact the PA system went out at half time, as I could actually hold a conversation with the people I was at the game with. I know I'm in the minority, possibly vast minority, but I just enjoyed the 'natural' stadium noise during the interval, the quiet hum of people talking. It was much more enjoyable than listening to intense commercial noise for 15 minutes, which I find off-putting and invasive.

1 hour ago, Hearts_fan said:

I enjoyed the fact the PA system went out at half time, as I could actually hold a conversation with the people I was at the game with. I know I'm in the minority, possibly vast minority, but I just enjoyed the 'natural' stadium noise during the interval, the quiet hum of people talking. It was much more enjoyable than listening to intense commercial noise for 15 minutes, which I find off-putting and invasive.

Couldn't agree with you more!

The invasive "noise", and we find it in all sorts of things, including supposedly background music that drowns out what people are saying on TV, movies etc., is total PITA.

scott herbertson
2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

6 minutes ago, colinmaroon said:

The invasive "noise", and we find it in all sorts of things, including supposedly background music that drowns out what people are saying on TV, movies etc., is total PITA.

Me too , but then again I am also an old git.

although of course I was a happy chippy in May 2012 it also annoyed me, apart from the Hearts song, than they didn’t  let up and let us enjoy ourselves without prompting.

letsalldothebeattie
2 hours ago, Hearts_fan said:

Agree with this, it was nice to talk to the guys either side of me and not have to shout because the music especially in the new stand is rather loud. It at first made it feel a bit weird because we are all used to the music blaring out but I actually liked the fact it went off was a nice change

Lucille's Thirsty

When that big buzz sound comes out of the PA, every time it gets me I shite myself. It’s like Scott has dropped his mic or something.

1 hour ago, colinmaroon said:

1 hour ago, scott herbertson said:

Me too , but then again I am also an old git.

although of course I was a happy chippy in May 2012 it also annoyed me, apart from the Hearts song, than they didn’t  let up and let us enjoy ourselves without prompting.

59 minutes ago, letsalldothebeattie said:

Agree with this, it was nice to talk to the guys either side of me and not have to shout because the music especially in the new stand is rather loud. It at first made it feel a bit weird because we are all used to the music blaring out but I actually liked the fact it went off was a nice change

Oh, wow, I didn't expect anyone to agree with me! Perhaps there is more appetite for half-time quiet than I thought.

My ignorance, Colinmaroon, but what is PITA?

31 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Oh, wow, I didn't expect anyone to agree with me! Perhaps there is more appetite for half-time quiet than I thought.

PITA = pain in the arse.

6 minutes ago, Justin Z said:

Pain in the arse :lol:

6 minutes ago, rossaldinho said:

PITA = pain in the arse.

Makes perfect sense :D Ta

What is the script with these power cuts we seem to be having a few of them ? I would hope that the main fault would have been fixed by now its like we are overloading somewhere.

53 minutes ago, Hearts_fan said:

Maybe an old farts section with no PA and werther originals on sale? Count me in!!

6 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Perhaps worth bumping this thread only for the fact that the new stand was absolutely bouncing on Sunday. 

It was also Tynecastle's biggest crowd since 1994.

It'll be nicer to look across at it and see it being full though, still massive gaps on Sunday, whereas the Wheatfield looked pretty full on the highlights.

1 hour ago, davemclaren said:

Maybe an old farts section with no PA and werther originals on sale? Count me in!!

.... and what a price they are these days

Do I qualify? ;)