New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

If we don't get the all clear for Sunday I wonder if we could play midweek ?

Seems a shame if after all the hard work the game was to be shelved for months.

J.T.F.Robertson

5 minutes ago, Jambo Scott said:

One embarrassment after another these days.

Terrible isn't it. :(

Edited by J.T.F.Robertson

4 minutes ago, Beats said:

What's he saying?

Too many games in December already they have already gladly helped us out by switching the aigust game to firhill. Like hearts thistle want this game played on Sunday basically.

25 minutes ago, Tazio said:

I hope it doesn't open. 

I'm all working on Sunday. :mad:

From a purely selfish point of view, I’d far rather the first home game is at 3pm on a Saturday - when football should be played

2 minutes ago, luckydug said:

If we don't get the all clear for Sunday I wonder if we could play midweek ?

Seems a shame if after all the hard work the game was to be shelved for months.

Don't see why not. Postponed games get played the following midweek without an issue.

The new stand under the floodlights would be quite something.

A_A wehatethehibs
1 minute ago, Beats said:

Hope it's on, I really do but it's a farce.

It’s not really a farce though is it

every message from the club this week has warned that there is a chance of a late postponement, and the game is not guaranteed. Everyone who has bought a ticket including travelling fans, has done so in full knowledge of the risk of postponement.

we all knew it was going to go to the wire with a safety certificate the day before match day 

there is really no surprise here

everyone involved is busting a gut to get the game on so let’s just be grateful for the  dedicated work being put in rather than ungratefully being a dick and saying “it’s a farce” from behind a keyboard, the situation and message has been crystal clear throughout, fully communicated by the club 

3 minutes ago, Beats said:

That's it call me a troll instead of accepting this is piss poor from Hearts.

Can't wait for the next thread when someone moans about a game being changed for TV 2 months before the game takes place!

Calling you out for trolling is being kind: it means we believe you're having less of a personality disaster than you would be were you to actually believe in the hypercritical opinions you state about your own football club.

At least if you're a troll you can stop one day. If you're a Victor Meldrew character, that's more of a problem.

And the difference between Hearts building a new main stand for our benefit, and a TV company mucking people about for their benefit surely need not be explained.

1 minute ago, EIEIO said:

Too many games in December already they have already gladly helped us out by switching the aigust game to firhill. Like hearts thistle want this game played on Sunday basically.

Doesn't mean it isn't an option. The game could be played this midweek or the following one. Failing that it would have to be after the year. 

15 minutes ago, Beats said:

The fact we are scrambling about shows we should have called this off earlier in the week. Poor stuff again from Hearts. 

Give your broken record a rest.  There is no 'scrambling about', it was acknowledged from some way out that this would go to the wire, and so it has proved.

How about lauding, as Ann is doing, the efforts of the workers, club staff and council employees who are busting a gut to get us back into our rightful home at the earliest opportunity?

Or is that too much like the behaviour of a 'supporter' for your esoteric tastes? 

5 minutes ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Terrible isn't it. :(

Staying in tonight as I am so embarrassed. Seriously, one last push and hopefully there. 

33 minutes ago, No Wing Mirrors on Trains. said:

Mon the safety inspection! I have a feeling we'll get it, Thistle game will go ahead.

If it does. I'll be like......https://youtu.be/d3NRGjzxsTQ

That's brilliant, made me spit out my San Mig!!! Bent as an Arabs dagger, 

2 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

every message from the club this week has warned that there is a chance of a late postponement, and the game is not guaranteed. Everyone who has bought a ticket including travelling fans, has done so in full knowledge of the risk of postponement.

we all knew it was going to go to the wire with a safety certificate the day before match day 

everyone involved is busting a gut to get the game on so let’s just be grateful for the  dedicated work being put in rather than ungratefully being a dick and saying “it’s a farce” from behind a keyboard, the situation and message has been crystal clear throughout, fully communicated by the club 

Of course I'm grateful that all the workers are doing all the hours they are to get the game on. Not there fault we are struggling.

As I've continually said we were misled to start with. September 9th was never realistic.

Let's not start calling people dicks now. Think we are better than that.

Elias Henry Furst

Thread is now crawling with Vermin and illiterate Hearts fans who read the Sun. All in the name of having a dig so they can report back to like minded individuals on their favoured forums.

Sad, little people.

2 minutes ago, JamboFever said:

Give your broken record a rest.  There is no 'scrambling about', it was acknowledged from some way out that this would go to the wire, and so it has proved.

How about lauding, as Ann is doing, the efforts of the workers, club staff and council employees who are busting a gut to get us back into our rightful home at the earliest opportunity?

Or is that too much like the behaviour of a 'supporter' for your esoteric tastes? 

As I've said below. I think the workies are doing a great job. I've never said otherwise.

My frustration is with the club for misleading us.

But as you say it's been done to death.

Let's all hope the game goes ahead on Sunday.

HHGH

Francis Albert

On the statement why not even the merest hint of regret (let alone acknowledgement of some responsibility) that over two months after the first  planned opening we are not going to know until 24 hours before the third planned opening whether it will happen? Why no hint of an apology for those who have made specific arrangements to travel some distance and at some expense to attend the game and still don't know whether the journey will be worthwhile? Instead it is mainly self congratulation about how hard everyone is working and a promise of a whole string of further communications which will only be available to  Hearts fans who regularly read the website, who are on the twitter account or who keep an eagle eye on JKB. If these announcements are important then there will be many fans turning up (home and away)  (assuming the game goes ahead) who have not read them.

As usual a statement with lots of words saying not very much.

Hackney Hearts
19 minutes ago, Gorgiewave said:

It's ridiculous that a decision, either way, has not yet been made. Anybody travelling from any distance will be wondering if it'll be a waste of time and money. 

I'm travelling from London, have had to book flights/accommodation a while ago, and I think they're absolutely right to get this game on if they possibly can, however late the decision is.

I'd rather be wondering if it's a waste of money than knowing it's a waste of money!

It was great having a wee bit of positivity on this thread earlier on .

Now that a decision has been deferred until tomorrow the usual pests and negative numpties are back on their keyboards having the time of their lives.

Moaning like ****. It's what they do best.

Hackney Hearts
18 minutes ago, Jambo Scott said:

One embarrassment after another these days.

You're easily embarrassed!

The game will be on.

4 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

On the statement why not even the merest hint of regret (let alone acknowledgement of some responsibility) that over two months after the first  planned opening we are not going to know until 24 hours before the third planned opening whether it will happen? Why no hint of an apology for those who have made specific arrangements to travel some distance and at some expense to attend the game and still don't know whether the journey will be worthwhile? Instead it is mainly self congratulation about how hard everyone is working and a promise of a whole string of further communications which will only be available to  Hearts fans who regularly read the website, who are on the twitter account or who keep an eagle eye on JKB. If these announcements are important then there will be many fans turning up (home and away)  (assuming the game goes ahead) who have not read them.

Do you purposely go out of your way to find negativity in every post? We are being kept up to date in what is an ever-changing, dynamic situation. I think its another great update and I am massively proud of what we have achieved.

Edited by TypoonJambo

J.T.F.Robertson
3 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Staying in tonight as I am so embarrassed. 

I'm embarrassed to admit the the level of my embarrassment, I'm embarrassed to say. Will be doing likewise in the hoose, as a consequence.

2 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Comedy moment.

1 minute ago, Francis Albert said:

OFF give it a rest you bloody bore. Have you read the statement? How you can say it does not say very much is laughable! You’re absolutely desperate for the match to be called off so you can bore us again with your perceived wisdom. Arsehole of the highest order springs to mind. 

If we do not get a safety certificate,Hearts are still going to give more  than 24 hours notice if the game is postponed.

You do not get that in most postponed games.

Francis Albert
13 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Did I miss an earlier statement about the safety certificate only being granted the day before the game? A lot of speculation over dozens of pages on this thread could have been avoided if such a statement earlier this week had been more widely publicised.

1 minute ago, TypoonJambo said:

Do purposely go out of your way to find negativity in every post? We are being kept up to date in what is an ever-changing, dynamic situation. I think its another great update and I am massively proud of what we have achieved.

Leave him alone he is only enjoying himself. He doesn't believe a fraction of the stuff he posts.

Just as I don't believe he travels up from London (not for Hearts games anyway)

As for FOH subscriptions why would anyone subscribe to something they hate.

1 minute ago, GavK1012 said:

Its soul destroying to have to see the usual suspects sucking the life outta thread upon thread ??

Please mods get them sorted ?

#punted

The part I find hardest to understand is the fact that they actively want to argue on an internet forum all the time. Why? wtf do they get out of it?

So embarrassed about having a braw new stand whether its available Sunday or not I might stay away in protest - aye that'll be right. Don't deny people having opinions or views but seriously this is a major step forward and yes we would have liked it if the September dat had been met but is it that big a deal if the timescale has slipped.

As far as I can gather there is a certain amount of work to be done, which CAN be done in a given time frame and if its done the certificate will be granted. Its a formality unless something goes badly wrong with the work needing done. Its a few barriers, a bit of wiring, a test of a system, and a bit of tarmac.

If there was a doubt about whether the work COULD be done we'd have put the game off today. 

It seems they are certain at this stage that its GAME ON.

Edited by Escobar PHM

12 minutes ago, Elias Henry Furst said:

Thread is now crawling with Vermin and illiterate Hearts fans who read the Sun. All in the name of having a dig so they can report back to like minded individuals on their favoured forums.

Sad, little people.

Aye that sun paper started all this negativity about the game being on, paper i avoid at all costs. 

16 minutes ago, Beats said:

Of course I'm grateful that all the workers are doing all the hours they are to get the game on. Not there fault we are struggling.

As I've continually said we were misled to start with. September 9th was never realistic.

Let's not start calling people dicks now. Think we are better than that.

You are correct when you state...'as I've continually said'. For gods sake man give it a rest!!!!!!! We know what you want apart from attention.

Edited by Independence

37 minutes ago, Beats said:

The fact we are scrambling about shows we should have called this off earlier in the week. Poor stuff again from Hearts. 

:spoton:

We shouldn't be having a sell-out crowd attend a game where the stand was only deemed safe about a day before the game.

Ridiculous.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Here he comes the joy sponge sucking the life out of everyone....

A statement with lots of words without saying very much is utter bollocks it says quite alot.

As opposed to your statement which has alot of words all criticising.

I’ll leave you being a pig in shit with another opportunity to criticise the club you say you support.

Edited by Jamboelite

Good statement and looks as though the game should go ahead as planned. Pant wetters should have a day off, you can get excited if the game is postponed last minute

Hackney Hearts
12 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Oh please. It may not say what you specifically want, but you can't say there isn't a lot of detailed info there.

I don't think this bit applies to you:

"Thank you once again for your patience and understanding"

5 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Did I miss an earlier statement about the safety certificate only being granted the day before the game? A lot of speculation over dozens of pages on this thread could have been avoided if such a statement earlier this week had been more widely publicised.

You could counter that with there was no statement since the previous deadline staying saying that it would be granted any time other than the day before.  I've been confident by the release of hospitality sales and Mascot places that it will go ahead but the club can't really say "Don't worry it'll be fine, we'll make sure the inspection signs everything off.

2 minutes ago, Bad Religion said:

The part I find hardest to understand is the fact that they actively want to argue on an internet forum all the time. Why? wtf do they get out of it?

So because me and a few others don't agree with you and are unhappy with something's on and off the field we are just looking for an argument. Maybe I have been going on but it's disappointing that we are behind schedule like this and the product on the park is absolute shite. 

But I've made my point now so I'll leave the thread for now. Not looking to argue or whatever.

As I've said I hope the game is on.

4 minutes ago, Independence said:

You are correct when you state...'as I've continually said'. For gods sake man give it a rest!!!!!!! We know what you think apart from attention.

Probably Hibs mate

Just now, Beats said:

So because me and a few others don't agree with you and are unhappy with something's on and off the field we are just looking for an argument. Maybe I have been going on but it's disappointing that we are behind schedule like this and the product on the park is absolute shite. 

But I've made my point now so I'll leave the thread for now. Not looking to argue or whatever.

You are only on here for a laugh and to wind people up.

21 minutes ago, A_A wehatethehibs said:

Every event I’ve ever been a part of has come down to the wire the council and police etc always have a list of things they want done or tweaked. Events many of you have probably attended. Hundreds of thousands of people have bought tickets for these events assuming everything is fine and it will go ahead yet weve scrambled around on the mornings sorting things which could of caused these to be off. Difference is this is very public therefore every person makes a big issue of it. Its standard to have several visits and for last minute tweaks to be required. That doesn’t mean it won’t happen nor that the failures/delays to being issued the certs are unexpected.

18 minutes ago, Francis Albert said:

Normally ignore this type of  post but this is a desperately sad look at me post. 

Edited by JamboAl1965

Just now, Bad Religion said:

You are only on here for a laugh and to wind people up.

Well then go to the mods with your concerns. You're the one who seems like they want an argument.

Hope you have a good weekend and hopefully we can both enjoy the game on Sunday.

2 minutes ago, Beats said:

Don't go m8.

Please stay and entertain us.

1 minute ago, peter_hmfc said:

:spoton:

We shouldn't be having a sell-out crowd attend a game where the stand was only deemed safe about a day before the game.

Ridiculous.

It'd be interesting to know how late the temp safety certificates were last season when the old stand back was a construction site

151.thumb.jpg.2c781d4ed63dd79019462af16526a8eb.jpg