New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

35 minutes ago, NewYorkFleaPit said:

None of which are played during the week 

Would we play midweek v Partick? 

Hope not as I'm struggling to enjoy MF as it is tbh.

1 minute ago, PTBCAL said:

I wouldn’t have thought there’s anything to stop us playing there during the week although I’d imagine the SPL &!PT would have to agree to that. 

Then afain, I may be talking utter keek. 

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

SRU security guy on Sat said the Partick game cannot be played at MF. He was fairly adamant.

If the SRU are serious about hosting Domestic semi/finals and Scotland internationals, they will make the Thistle game happen. 

Otherwise they’re basically saying to the SFA, ‘can only host football when there’s no rugby on’. 

League cup final - 26th Nov 

scotland vs Australia rugby - 25th Nov 

The SRU need to show it’s doable. 

Plus - £££££££. 

2 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

SRU security guy on Sat said the Partick game cannot be played at MF. He was fairly adamant.

If the SRU are serious about hosting Domestic semi/finals and Scotland internationals, they will make the Thistle game happen. 

Otherwise they’re basically saying to the SFA, ‘can only host football when there’s no rugby on’. 

Plus - £££££££. 

3 minutes ago, bam95 said:

Plus - £££££££. 

Becoming tenants would mean the SFA and SRU would coordinate dates in advance. It's not likely at all that there would be a surprise need for murrayfield at a few weeks' notice like we're talking. 

By the way, the league cup is nothing to do with the SFA, there's a clue in there somewhere ;)

57 minutes ago, bam95 said:

Plus - £££££££. 

Scottish Rugby and Murrayfield could host a double header weekend like a walk in the park given the time. 

However, if it was to be thrown on them 2 weeks before hand and immediately after one of the most eagerly anticipated autumn internationals in a decade then I can understand why it would be a push. 

5 minutes ago, obua said:

Just to change the subject and lighten up here’s a pano on the second floor.7C2F873B-1696-48F9-96EC-23DD147C9E5C.thumb.jpeg.4308b3b4b03a59c3f0780d5c69bf9512.jpeg

Think I need new glasses, I was looking for a piano.  :facepalm:

Having had a look at some of Chris Rutterford's other works, I think it would be safe to say it may be a tad controversial if nothing else.

1 minute ago, Pie-Heid said:

Having had a look at some of Chris Rutterford's other works, I think it would be safe to say it may be a tad controversial if nothing else.

That should make life interesting then. ?

8 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

That should make life interesting then. ?

...Page after interminable page of Art critique...I'm in! ?

9 hours ago, graygo said:

Think I need new glasses, I was looking for a piano.  :facepalm:

If it makes you feel better I did the same 

9 hours ago, BarneyBattles said:

The SRU would no doubt love to at least negotiate having international football at MF. The problem is I don’t think for a minute the Sfa has any intentions of moving away from hampden. They attended murrayfield simply because they are due to enter negotiations with hampden’s owners. 

Tend to agree although I really hope that an agreement can be reached with Murrayfield which is a much better venue than Hampden, the latter of which is difficult to get to for most fans, offers poor views and facilities and has a smaller capacity. In short Hampden is a dump.

Brick Tamland
18 minutes ago, Hearts Daft said:

Tend to agree although I really hope that an agreement can be reached with Murrayfield which is a much better venue than Hampden, the latter of which is difficult to get to for most fans, offers poor views and facilities and has a smaller capacity. In short Hampden is a dump.

Couldn't agree more, Hampden is a dump. The SRU have invested millions into Murrayfield over the years and it is a top class stadium (oddly I don't like watching us play there) but for a National stadium it beats the living shite out of Hampden. The SFA would be mental not to choose Murrayfield.......... which means that they will stay at Hampden.

34 minutes ago, Pie-Heid said:

...Page after interminable page of Art critique...I'm in! ?

This thread is going to become a whole new level of hell. 

The mural sounds fantastic.

6 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Couldn't agree more, Hampden is a dump. The SRU have invested millions into Murrayfield over the years and it is a top class stadium (oddly I don't like watching us play there) but for a National stadium it beats the living shite out of Hampden. The SFA would be mental not to choose Murrayfield.......... which means that they will stay at Hampden.

SFA Statement:

"After full and detailed consideration of the increased capacity, the more modern facilities, the improved viewing for spectators, the better transport links, of Murrayfield Stadium........

....it's no in Glesga so wur stayin at ra Hampden Park"

How did we get permission to paint a mural on the side of the tenement. Did all the residents agree to it or did the council just say it would be ok. 

Imagine being a hibby and coming back from holiday to find a huge painting of hearts fans on the side of your house

13 hours ago, Walter Bishop said:

Looks alot closer to the pitch than the Wheatfield. I see they have painted the touchline aswell, there were no markings on the pitch a couple of days ago?

It's not.

2 minutes ago, mutley said:

How did we get permission to paint a mural on the side of the tenement. Did all the residents agree to it or did the council just say it would be ok. 

Imagine being a hibby and coming back from holiday to find a huge painting of hearts fans on the side of your house

It must be pretty expensive to get done. I’m not sure it’s in the clubs best interests to waste money on painting the side of a tenement building that’s nothing to do with us no matter how good it looks. 

3 minutes ago, mutley said:

Could be worse, Imagine being a Hibby and coming back from a holliday, (Costa Del Saughton), and finding a new Hearts stand at the side of your house.....

2 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

It must be pretty expensive to get done. I’m not sure it’s in the clubs best interests to waste money on painting the side of a tenement building that’s nothing to do with us no matter how good it looks. 

I like wall murals, as long as they're not political in nature. It wouldn't cost much at all to get done - I lived in DC for a while and they're everywhere. Actually really brighten up a lot of neighbourhoods with the most combining some sense of the community and art. I'd like to see some more in Edinburgh tbh.

3 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

In the grand scheme of things it will be well worth it.  It's not as if we build new stands on this scale very often.

Might as well make it worthwhile.

Walter Bishop

Would be good if we could see some Hearts legends on the mural. Since the plastic pictures that were dotted around the ground were taken down there is not really anything around the ground anymore. 

32 minutes ago, Brick Tamland said:

Lease at Hampden runs out in the not too distant future (2020 or something like that), so a decision will be made at some point. 

It wasn't too long ago that the SRU were having issues with the cost of maintaining Murrayfield. Since then, I think they've managed to stabilise that a lot more and the proposal for the hotel where the current east stand turnstiles are will certainly help. However, splitting any costs with the SFA would still be hugely welcomed I imagine.

With Oriam being at Heriot Watt, a move to Edinburgh an SFA move to Edinburgh isn't as unthinkable as it once was. 

32 minutes ago, mutley said:

It's done with the permission of the Gorgie Dalry Community Council.

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bill said:

It's done with the permission of the Gorgie Dalry Community Council.

Was it a condition of the planning permission that it gets done as planning gain for the community?

The finished mural will be divisive, there is absolutely no doubt about that, but ultimately, it will bring a bit of colour to an otherwise drab, gable-end wall. I also hope we can continue the mural past the gable wall and along the boundary wall toward the Gorgie Stand.

2 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Was it a condition of the planning permission that it gets done as planning gain for the community?

I would think so, yeah; hence the inclusion of the farm, brewery etc. As long as there's a decent bit of 'Hearts' in there, the wall is big enough to share with other aspects of Gorgie life.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Brick Tamland
58 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

SFA Statement:

"After full and detailed consideration of the increased capacity, the more modern facilities, the improved viewing for spectators, the better transport links, of Murrayfield Stadium........

....it's no in Glesga so wur stayin at ra Hampden Park"

I don't think you'll be too far off with that.

13 hours ago, PTBCAL said:

If they do manage to get the stand open for the Partick game it would be almost exactly a year to the day since work began, so a bit of an 'anniversary' occasion:

http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/work-starts-on-hearts-main-stand-as-demolition-begins-1-4293112

17 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I would think so, yeah; hence the inclusion of the farm, brewery etc. As long as there's a decent bit of 'Hearts' in there, the wall is big enough to share with other aspects of Gorgie life.

Similar to the McRae one that was up at Haymarket station whilst it was getting revamped, but with pictorial references to Gorgie and Hearts legends ?

what's Banksie doing at the minute ?

42 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

But will it be big enough? and will the corners be filled in?

All roads lead to Gorgie
9 minutes ago, Morse said:

Swinging on the bar

Goalkeeping coach at Bradford I think. I had no idea he was good with a paint brush though. :smile:

Coburg Hearts
2 hours ago, theshed said:

So did I.

Maybe Scott should think of playing a tune on this beauty after each goal.

Image result for pianos

2 hours ago, theshed said:

Another musical instrument hunter right here. :facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Coburg Hearts said:

So did I.

Maybe Scott should think of playing a tune on this beauty after each goal.

Image result for pianos

That’s grand.

1 minute ago, Old Blue Eyes said:

Any feed back from the players with regard to the hybrid pitch at MF. We may be installing the same.

Can ask them about ER and Celtic Park as they both have hybrids too

Celtic weren't keen on their hybrid, not sure who did it, I think there were plans to relay it again last summer?

There's no rush for Hearts to get a hybrid though, turf only relaid last winter and held up fine.