New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I sat in row E of the old main stand for years and rarely got soaked . I know the new roof is a lot higher so that could mean more soakings right enough ?

25 minutes ago, Drewboy said:

Obviously it does but after 7 years in the front of the Wheatfield I could count on one hand how many times I’ve got wet

:arry::ruiner::clumshot::oohmatron:

Selkirkhmfc1874
5 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

EEN pulling photos from a fans forum ... FFS I could write for the EEN sitting on my hoop doing feck all.

Lazy journalism 

Bungalow Bill
10 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Lazy journalism 

Too embarrassed to even put their name on the article, ‘staff reporter’. 

Edited by Apache Mal

All roads lead to Gorgie
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

More seat rails going in for Section S (Main Stand FB page)

image.thumb.png.7e2ffc9432b8bb531b211afc86fb4962.png

I pains me to criticise but why waste time putting seats in behind the police box before it is removed. That could waste a day when the usable seats should be the ones going in first to save time.

The Future's Maroon
38 minutes ago, Selkirkhmfc1874 said:

Lazy journalism 

Lazy isn't even the right word, that place is rotten to the core. I used to visit their site daily for our news and general news in Edinburgh, but their site is so rammed with ads now it's almost impossible to use....not really an issue with the standard of journalism being provided.

And to think some charlatan will expect paid for that 'article' :th_Rage2:

6 hours ago, Dougie Masterton said:

The Plaza cant take traffic due to the water gathering system underneath.

The plaza is designed to take delivery vehicles etc. Hence the retractable bollards. 

What's the fancy water gathering system? 

Permeable paving and a suitable 0,5M sub-base, is what is in the planning application. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
35 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

The plaza is designed to take delivery vehicles etc. Hence the retractable bollards. 

Permeable paving and a suitable 0,5M sub-base, is what is in the planning application. 

It is also a Uefa requirement that the visiting team's bus (in Euro competitions, that is) has to have direct access to the stand.

Refresher of the Wheatfield timeline again - screen caps taken from farin's youtube video - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6MHX6xBuvY

First game in front of the Wheatfield was 27th Aug 1994, so there was still 4 weeks.

We've 3 weeks to go... Murrayfield for at least another I think

4th June 1994:

1.png.940a32cda3d33d345776940527ff4671.png

8th July 1994:

2.png.40445b82f8978ad8b97400f643570aa0.png

15th July 1994:

3.png.fbd844ed6f6147498b5cc8286172b2b8.png

29th July 1994:

4.png.d671fcbf9b9dd014fc1afd55b6c17646.png

Edited by kila

Shanks said no
5 minutes ago, scuj1 said:

Wonder if CEC will sort the road out too...?

It looked to me like a temporary fix in advance of our return as they were using the existing old kerb stones. Unless they turn their attention to the road when the school closes next week.

54 minutes ago, kila said:

29th July 1994:

4.png.d671fcbf9b9dd014fc1afd55b6c17646.png

We still have the Roseburn end concrete to go in plus the side panelling. As well as effectively all of the seats. 

Add to that signage and possibly any work on toilets/food kiosks and it will be a tight squeeze to make it.

Can you imagine this thread if Romanov was in charge, suppliers not get paid, arguments with the council,  Russian builders with shoddy steel etc

6 minutes ago, samcdonald22 said:

Can you imagine this thread if Romanov was in charge, suppliers not get paid, arguments with the council,  Russian builders with shoddy steel etc

image.png.ae82baf9e6153e5969330e3575bbe25e.png

The Future's Maroon

Stupidly I clicked that Record link, saw the pics were old news and was about to close the tab....then I spotted their poll asking if folk liked our new main stand frontage!

:vrwow:

IMG_0282.PNG

Edited by The Future's Maroon

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Image may contain: grass and outdoor

Photo: Matt Ward, Facebook grp.

I'm off tomorrow, geez a socket set and seats....jobs a good un ?

On 10/10/2017 at 4:05 PM, BigC said:

urgh and don't even notice it anymore, in fact if I'm going along Princes street on a bus, I don't even look out of the window :laugh:

How many American tourists will be buying Hearts hospitality for a view of the Castle :rolleyes2:

I'll be honest, a bit disappointed at the speed the seats are going in.

aitcheeayartees
4 hours ago, SUTOL said:

Dougie is spot on. the plaza is not designed to take vehicular traffic as the area is designed with soak aways and a receiver tank which can cope wth any volume of water which can be managed and drained away without flooding. Looking at the stand for outside there may be a side access route for traffic but def not the plaza. Having been lucky enough to be shown round every part of the new stand it is incredible to see the amount of work that has been done behind the scenes and was very interesting to have had the whole layout and changes to the original plans explained to us etc

Shanks said no
29 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Image may contain: grass and outdoor

Photo: Matt Ward, Facebook grp.

The stand looks astonishingly steep in this photo

1 hour ago, The Future's Maroon said:

Stupidly I clicked that Record link, saw the pics were old news and was about to close the tab....then I spotted their poll asking if folk liked our new main stand frontage!

IMG_0282.PNG

They're quotes from the Office

5 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The workie also looks about 10 foot tall.

24 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

I'll be honest, a bit disappointed at the speed the seats are going in.

Probably because there isn't that many seats on site yet so they are working on other things . As soon as the seats start to arrive on mass and the opening date gets closer they will rattle them  in I would imagine . 

Footballfirst

That looks like decent progress with the seating.  In three days we have put in the seat rails for two and a half sections out of seven and installed 180 or so seats.

At that rate it should be possible to complete the installation of the remainder of the rails within 5/6 working days and the seats themselves in maybe 8/9 days 

9 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

They're quotes from the Office

'Cos it looks like an office bock, innit. Congratulations FA, you have made the Daily Record! You should be very proud.

:cornette:

5 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

That looks like decent progress with the seating.  In three days we have put in the seat rails for two and a half sections out of seven and installed 180 or so seats.

At that rate it should be possible to complete the installation of the remainder of the rails within 5/6 working days and the seats themselves in maybe 8/9 days 

Yep.

People aren't realising that the seat railings are 1/2 the job or maybe even more.

The seats themselves just click into place and get attached by a few screws.

They seem to be doing an upper section every day of the railings, so progress is pretty swift!

yabadabadoo1874again
18 minutes ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Looks like a cheesegrater...inside a microwave...

Wouldn't like to take a tumble down them steps... 

6 minutes ago, Ryder said:

'Cos it looks like an office bock, innit. Congratulations FA, you have made the Daily Record! You should be very proud.

:cornette:

I was one of the first to say it looks a bit like crossbow house - it does. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't in the hope the papers don't find out either!

But I'm a bit dumb for not making the connection I must admit

28 minutes ago, aitcheeayartees said:

Dougie is spot on. the plaza is not designed to take vehicular traffic as the area is designed with soak aways and a receiver tank which can cope wth any volume of water which can be managed and drained away without flooding. Looking at the stand for outside there may be a side access route for traffic but def not the plaza. Having been lucky enough to be shown round every part of the new stand it is incredible to see the amount of work that has been done behind the scenes and was very interesting to have had the whole layout and changes to the original plans explained to us etc

Fair enough if the design and plans have changed, that's why i asked the question. So no retractable bollards then, that should save a few £'s. 

Just now, ManMoth said:

I was one of the first to say it looks a bit like crossbow house - it does. I'm not going to pretend it doesn't in the hope the papers don't find out either!

But I'm a bit dumb for not making the connection I must admit

I was just about the first to express my disappointment in the design in comparison to the early artist's impressions. So that's not the road to take with this one mate. 

I'm merely pointing out the hilarity of the witty banter, and how FA droning on and on about it has made the shittest paper in Scotland. Great stuff.

3 hours ago, hughesie27 said:

We still have the Roseburn end concrete to go in plus the side panelling. As well as effectively all of the seats. 

Add to that signage and possibly any work on toilets/food kiosks and it will be a tight squeeze to make it.

The security guy at the gate may know very little, but I when I was passing the other day, his take on the Roseburn end of the stand was that the remaining panelling / roofing etc would only take a matter of a couple of days. The lower concrete seating deck at the Gorgie end went in quickly, so I guess it should do likewise at the Roseburn end, with the seats going in last down there. As you say - a tight squeeze, but I remain hopeful. 

8 minutes ago, Ryder said:

I was just about the first to express my disappointment in the design in comparison to the early artist's impressions. So that's not the road to take with this one mate. 

I'm merely pointing out the hilarity of the witty banter, and how FA droning on and on about it has made the shittest paper in Scotland. Great stuff.

Its obvious FA is Sergey. His dream has come true.

5 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

No comment mate. I genuinely don't know. 

Francis Albert
24 minutes ago, VladMagic said:

I am delighted with the new stand, and have said so often. Has Sergey? ... I have to say I don't follow Hibs.net as avidly as some Hearts fans seem to.

As for the office block comment ... I thought, just from this thread, that the consensus was now that of course it looks like an office block, because it contains offices.

gorgie rd eh11
3 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

IMG_0282.PNG

The record is is produced by a*******s for a*******s.

Are we deid yet a*******s.   :teehee:

I’d rather drink my own pish than read that rag or click on its link. A rancid piece of shite I wouldnae wipe my arse with. The sooner that rag goes down the tubes along with the Sun isn’t soon enough.. as much a stain on Scotland as the bigot auld firm sisters are.

Edited by 1971fozzy

Footballfirst
7 minutes ago, novoman said:

One taken during the interval of the fundraiser, Ivan Drever night 

918E6F43-7B3F-46C6-80CC-A0297BFB907C.jpeg

Great image, but which :builder2: painted the trusses yellow?

:whistling:

Edited by Footballfirst

4 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

Doesn't it just.  Really did laugh.

Is the asbestos in yet?

highlandjambo3
14 hours ago, Footballfirst said:

More seat rails going in for Section S (Main Stand FB page)

image.thumb.png.7e2ffc9432b8bb531b211afc86fb4962.png

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet and, I may be answering my on question but, the roof is on correct?  Most of it is transparent to allow natural light in.  So, what are the nets hanging there for?  I assume additional lighting intercom, signage, and other grubbing  etc is still to go in hence the nets to catch any bits falling right. Wrong?

1 hour ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet and, I may be answering my on question but, the roof is on correct?  Most of it is transparent to allow natural light in.  So, what are the nets hanging there for?  I assume additional lighting intercom, signage, and other grubbing  etc is still to go in hence the nets to catch any bits falling right. Wrong?

Stop the pigeons, ( I'm sure there was a cartoon with Dick Dasterdly in) not nice when they barstuds poop on you, bring back the owls I say.

9 minutes ago, jamboozy said:

Stop the pigeons, ( I'm sure there was a cartoon with Dick Dasterdly in) not nice when they barstuds poop on you, bring back the owls I say.

Owls pooping on you is a much more pleasant experience of course