New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 minutes ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I very much doubt it, they knobends would never admit anything.

Tbf, even other forums I have read have shown a lot of other clubs fans are not fans of our new stand.

I don't give a flying hoot what anyone else thinks of it...we were VERY close to not being able to play our home games at Tynie, not to forget we were close to not being here as a club....

yet folk (our own fans) complain about colours of cladding, views of Castle, the crest isn't an exact replica etc etc, the new main stand will no please everyone and never will, I'm just happy it's being built.

Seconded.

1 minute ago, The Future's Maroon said:

I very much doubt it, they knobends would never admit anything.

Tbf, even other forums I have read have shown a lot of other clubs fans are not fans of our new stand.

I don't give a flying hoot what anyone else thinks of it...we were VERY close to not being able to play our home games at Tynie, not to forget we were close to not being here as a club....

yet folk (our own fans) complain about colours of cladding, views of Castle, the crest isn't an exact replica etc etc, the new main stand will no please everyone and never will, I'm just happy it's being built.

I guarantee a £ to a p that it will be regarded as superb for atmosphere by all when they have all been in it complete.

it already was to be fair but the enclosed stand will only enhance it.

I think we can rest easy.

Some fans of other clubs have a brass neck having a pop at our new development given the amount of toy town stadia around Scotland.

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

Nah...........these seats are not for sale, presumably squad seats behind dug outs?

I missed that cheers,I still think it will have some sort of enclosure.

All roads lead to Gorgie
21 minutes ago, obua said:

It was dropped for cost reasons,don’t know if it will be revisited in the future.

As the corner of the Roseburn will always be the away section anyway I don't think the link would ever be open anyway. So that doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

16 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

Damn. There goes my extra revenue-raising idea.

Image result for go karting

No reason they can’t just chuck in a couple of hairpins and just use the 3 stands!

52 minutes ago, zoltan socrates said:

Naw, they are too busy calling it a bombsite while lauding theirs as some sort of architectural marvel

look at their stadium, angles cut into the goal end stands, as earlier mentioned there is no uniformity in the spacing of each stand and they are even boasting that they have a non centred tunnel that we seem to be copying

utter junkie scumbag ckufs dripping with jealousy

This post caught my eye when having a brief look there yesterday. 

Their new stand is supposed to be their new "Main" Stand in more than just name - it's where the dugouts, dressing rooms, receptions are etc. Our East Stand wasn't, and it still looks better.

The West is our "main" stand and it's got all the fancy windows and trees and a reception and a car park etc etc. There isn't a comparison.

three-home-fans-sitting-on-a-bench-outsi

HibsNEW9.jpg

15556996962_7a14b7b628.jpg

:huh2:

King Of The Cat Cafe
1 hour ago, Footballfirst said:

There is a design restriction of a maximum of 28 seats between gangways.

Roger that.  Pity, though.

Arnold Rothstein
17 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

HibsNEW9.jpg

Isn't it bonnie?.....

18 minutes ago, SUTOL said:

HibsNEW9.jpg

Norton Park playground plaza

2 minutes ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Isn't it bonnie?.....

They’ve got four of these, painted green, outside their main entrance ? tinpot but they fit in well!

59CDA0EC-5BD5-4E7A-AB88-943F8AB522DD.jpeg

maroonlegions

Not surprised in the least that some vermin are actually believing that there lego/breeze block stand is better than ours. Truth be told though ,when ours is finished, and games are played at Tynie, i look forward to the press reporting that its a majestic  looking  setting  to play football with one of the best atmospheres in Scotland. 

I cannot think or recall when Fester Road was ever described by the media as one of the best for atmospheres  or  even other teams managers describing it as such. They continue their with their utter jealousy of us, from us stepping up to the mark and saving our club to the majestic new main stand that was possible by our fans. They are  bitter and delusional  with a narcissist personally mental disorder , bunch of feck wits. FTH. 

Edited by maroonlegions
spelling

1 minute ago, maroonlegions said:

Not surprised in the least that some vermin are actually believing that there lego/breeze block stand is better than ours. Truth be told though ,when ours is finished, and games are played at Tynie, i look forward to the press reporting that its a majestic  looking  setting  to play football with one of the best atmospheres in Scotland. 

I cannot think or recall when Fester Road was ever described by the media as one of the best for atmospheres  or  even other teams managers describing it as such. They continue th with their utter jealousy of us, from us stepping up to the mark and saving our club to the majestic new main stand that was possible by our fans. They are  bitter and delusional  with a narcissist personally mental disorder , bunch of feck wits. FTH. 

Other teams' personnel are probably just a bit bemused at turning up at Easter Road and discovering that what they presumed was the entrance to the bus park, is actually the gap between the stands.

zoltan socrates

Seriously how can they claim this looks better than tynecastle PARK, plenty parking and trees though

IMG_1107.JPG

Edited by zoltan socrates

1 hour ago, John said:

Norton Park playground plaza

That bottom photo is what used to be the School Gym.

Downstairs for the boys . Upstairs for the Girls.

Hated that place . The most fun we had was smashing the stand windows (most of them were smashed already) and tormenting the auld git that passed for a security man on the main entrance.

It was a tip and so was the School

3 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Will be ready for the fans,what work  exterior wise still being done will move rapidly over the next 10 days imo.

Delighted to hear this. Surprised that nobody has replied to or recognised this post. How do you know this?

maroonlegions
25 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Other teams' personnel are probably just a bit bemused at turning up at Easter Road and discovering that what they presumed was the entrance to the bus park, is actually the gap between the stands.

:laugh:

58 minutes ago, Jaap's Sigh said:

Delighted to hear this. Surprised that nobody has replied to or recognised this post. How do you know this?

Jaap Sigh

Don't know how to clear my message box or I would reply direct.As I see it the ground works are very close to completion,and the macadaming of the road to the gable end of the Gorgie is a Two ish day thing at worst The gable end of the Main at the Rose burn end is around Ten ish days the preformed concrete seat decking another short period of time the walkways to the access points in the main are good to go.Exterior wise there is nothing that will endanger safe passage,most of the rail for seating is al ready done and it is only a case of bodies blitzing the seating.couple of minor things the fastenings to the face of the preformed concrete seat decking and the step taken to put a barrier at the vehicle entry opening and a little piece of roof so don't know this just common sense.

5 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Assume to do with the light that it would block out from the nearby flats, had it all been the same height.

could be wrong.

5 hours ago, The Future's Maroon said:

It's to do with light getting to the flats on Gorgie Rd, part of the procedure in getting planning permission granted.

5 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

It's to allow light into the tenement gardens at the back.. If it had been straight across, it would have blocked out the natural light to the lower flats I believe.

5 hours ago, campbell said:

Itd to allow light into the flats behind the stand, crazy requirement when we applied for planning permission, it’s never sunny in Scotland anyway 

Thanks all for that.  Still strange that they did not keep the whole roof at the lower height.

7 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Jaap Sigh

Don't know how to clear my message box or I would reply direct.As I see it the ground works are very close to completion,and the macadaming of the road to the gable end of the Gorgie is a Two ish day thing at worst The gable end of the Main at the Rose burn end is around Ten ish days the preformed concrete seat decking another short period of time the walkways to the access points in the main are good to go.Exterior wise there is nothing that will endanger safe passage,most of the rail for seating is al ready done and it is only a case of bodies blitzing the seating.couple of minor things the fastenings to the face of the preformed concrete seat decking and the step taken to put a barrier at the vehicle entry opening and a little piece of roof so don't know this just common sense.

Your quite the expert what field of building are you in,you forgot to mention hundreds of sheets of fire board on 3 levels(re this pic)not to mention toilets,kiosks,all signage just for starters.

E7916801-F97E-49D4-BF1E-98DAA4F88714.jpeg

scott herbertson
6 minutes ago, sairyinthat said:

Jaap Sigh

In my experience it it would be things like the mechanical engineering (escalators, lifts, venting) which would need to be good enough to allow safe use and access and especially egress in an emergency. Likewise staircases, Fire doors hand rails etc. Wheelchairs access and egress as well. These are stumbling blocks sometimes . Separation for both sets of fans (should be fine on this as not much change).

We will also have to have the piazza in good order or any unfinished bits safely protected. 

We will also have to have revised stewarding plans etc but I expect there is a group or meeting with the local police/ fire brigade/ council etc.

A lot will depend on our relations with key bodies and officials. In the past I wouldn’t have been confident about that but we are taking a much more professional and businesslike approach these days and I am sure we will be ok.

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, obua said:

Your quite the expert what field of building are you in,you forgot to mention hundreds of sheets of fire board on 3 levels(re this pic)not to mention toilets,kiosks,all signage just for starters.

E7916801-F97E-49D4-BF1E-98DAA4F88714.jpeg

Yes, at least any signage relating to getting and out.

kiosks is interesting - why would we need these to be in place? I’m assuming you are referring to refreshments ones?

Just now, scott herbertson said:

Yes, at least any signage relating to getting and out.

kiosks is interesting - why would we need these to be in place? I’m assuming you are referring to refreshments ones?

And it will help to find your seat.I will give you refreshment kiosks could be temporary stalls.

10 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Thanks all for that.  Still strange that they did not keep the whole roof at the lower height.

If they had done that there’d be less seats

Edited by kila

3 hours ago, Arnold Rothstein said:

Isn't it bonnie?.....

I loathe the place with all my being.   My first new year derby was when my uncle took me as a 6 year old.  My over-riding memory to this day is being hit by a beer can full of piss being chucked from the other side of the fence in the East Stand.  ER will always be associated with the smell of urine.

scott herbertson
Just now, obua said:

And it will help to find your seat.I will give you refreshment kiosks could be temporary stalls.

Yeah, seat finding also required !

i forgot in my list the toilets which you mentioned. In one of the projects I was involved in they contributed to a delay as the contractor took it upon himself to alter the internal dimensions of the disabled ones (to fit the toilet bowls and other furniture) preventing turning of a wheelchair. As well as good management when schedules are tight you also need  there to be no bad luck gremlins!

scott herbertson
3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I loathe the place with all my being.   My first new year derby was when my uncle took me as a 6 year old.  My over-riding memory to this day is being hit by a beer can full of piss being chucked from the other side of the fence in the East Stand.  ER will always be associated with the smell of urine.

Its still a dump to me - I rarely go but took my daughter to the ICT semi final there and it was a soulless wasteland. The spaces between the stands kill any atmosphere.

Ours is looking absolutely fantastic. Those webbed feet welts can keep their subbuteo Lego breeze block shitehole. We have done wonders and it’s a testament to what our support has done. I love this club

6 hours ago, HMFC86 said:

Assume to do with the light that it would block out from the nearby flats, had it all been the same height.

could be wrong.

The crazy thing about this is that there are bloody great big trees blocking the light anyway but we had to change the shape of the roof so as not to block light.

Edited by wavydavy
spelling error

5 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Perfectly put

3 minutes ago, scott herbertson said:

Yeah, seat finding also required !

i forgot in my list the toilets which you mentioned. In one of the projects I was involved in they contributed to a delay as the contractor took it upon himself to alter the internal dimensions of the disabled ones (to fit the toilet bowls and other furniture) preventing turning of a wheelchair. As well as good management when schedules are tight you also need  there to be no bad luck gremlins!

I’m sure between us we could find another 101small items which all add up.

4 hours ago, SUTOL said:

HibsNEW9.jpg

Are you sure that's not Leith Waterworld you've posted?

A bit off topic I know, but remember  the tribute to Dave Mackay which was placed on the centre circle a couple of seasons ago, I think that would look great on one of the interior sides of the new stand. Does anyone know if the club still have that? 

Edited by Steviedebo
Photo

5 hours ago, obua said:

Once rails are in seats are an easy fix only 2 bolts to tighten per seat.

It will take a bit longer doing the two blocks that have the crest on the seats.

1 hour ago, Tasavallan said:

So we could fit more seats in?

Coburg Hearts

Took those this afternoon, very simple I'm afraid. A good sign, I thought, was work in progress on the pavement. The whole project is looking fantastic.

OcF6Rkyh0dmKbnHbOycnuKDi7GFGhWjCuaVXiWf9K5-m2-bfQeazNd9PqFHUWGmBUmwPkcwqZSQ-0eBtxy03Rx7xAR5RH7T709iUBSAaGamZI81uznCVYEvqTb7pRMaubII2AO9mQV5D_bLHT6kJ-kT3PC3i4KzVyslk2pXI0m40VXRTbsgq5Yj5cU6LXNZw95T4c8w-Bs2MoCucio8WCPRNcD9HMztHpL_9tYOQpT2VhjeNhenEDxAwyrWzPu8LCBdkAeUkmPRogZ5B6IQk0_oUNKsOON1a2WME9fKxHPkhkwXWfYHzOTkEwxtr16Z4n9miqM_MaRe1Ypzppb7eXsUEnDlEt5Geb_nYTJNms9JqNYMftqASHhE6VSsOqjaY2Q5dnEfVcANMkOQFeUvTyCewhyhCiP9hnrRx9IXLJTGLt_Y6q6gII1ndgvGN9KpdNBDxjWtqGB_CbhRDyunURiFgC1QV_kSaIamAXepXH027LNQLLGrsc-jmfsMNvmgDM-dxbXbo87vj5Jfu_mbeWhzHZeXiW8DIH88ULWUA4KU7nvcrREbCyOpqLE0nYhIhGmTFejRGGH4wUEpk9DGMjnTAzFQvUkB2KhEE1Vsdrq8=w1160-h653-no1BMFTWOEqhK6oWYI4nwqmfpB5dQKrZwvpRvuX-qwvZm7pxJqXKgM7JBeZWMwmNK6rtgWmRjyYnu9l3oOV_RA7iVLAErAS-xw_6SYMAw4GZCq-lh5_0LY69g8QsAkqFqOClljeXks6cFCjBL7i_CngFxGhwuo8HsphlwGttAGaJZSLHJHtBsWr9J5ud0drg3GiMVfUVUsrfjtxxwArmrytFSpONDYTeP9CFa2W09nZpIraEgUkLyb-duppivjqLpkev6jT8SVVkDwiTjWym2J6MadX0eWStYDtjTnwEYynVRLuW79qTvtpUXOt2jX4jZslDHLWt7s7MNVKRj9gAFXw_-vlgpGrw6hsh1S1zzYn_aID-OzbO_1AfZDZKJ2kQzV7akPGC5dMolBXiPQJn7UWB3e6hmN-SCDaK3MsyqDkKob4bOcodOkNDSCEWZUeHhWm6w-9ViAjNBn4_FIvNjqY0DtHwWCg-z2Vg9D3wqb2lpKItYPO_0GnQzGcYA2bVBI9bqc2etLac6a9Cm4-AV-IFsq0n6-cBS5UbjAabGVIvTQniivIbeXWtXspXsoNbTPDIZjAqhYsFICtGkm6zOchABqO8lkkwMK8rig4iXOJLI=w1160-h653-no

22 hours ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I really hope that pilot Jim Crosby can get another aerial picture once it's all finished and the trees are in place because that one he took was an absolute beauty.  

It was me that posted the aerial photo with Jim's permission. I managed to get one earlier in the year, but it was from further away as air traffic control were too busy to let me route via city centre.  Weather permitting I will get over Tynecastle for  a few updated shots as soon as the work is completed, and I'll post on here as well.  Meanwhile, here's a shot taken last year of the old Tynecastle with our  reserve ground for comparison. This was taken on a hazy evening with a compact so not the best quality. 

G

P1020080.JPG

8 hours ago, sairyinthat said:

Jaap Sigh

Thanks for the informative reply. Great info. 

8 hours ago, Tasavallan said:

Would have meant a lot less seats. 

are both dugouts the same size? Looking from wheatfield stand right hand side looks  a bigger gap  in the steelwork or is it just me 

22 minutes ago, jollyjams said:

are both dugouts the same size? Looking from wheatfield stand right hand side looks  a bigger gap  in the steelwork or is it just me 

No not just you, it does look like we will have the bit behind the dugout and the away team wont.