New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

5 minutes ago, BigC said:

Murrayfield is not available for all of November due to Scotland playing their Autumn internationals.

If there was a further delay, the likelihood would be a postponement, with the game being played at tynecastle at a later date.

Although she was confident we wouldn't need it, Ann Budge confirmed at the shareholders dinner 2 weeks ago that murrayfield would be available for the Kilmarnock game if required and that an agreement was in already in place.

King Of The Cat Cafe
7 minutes ago, BigC said:

Murrayfield is not available for all of November due to Scotland playing their Autumn internationals.

If there was a further delay, the likelihood would be a postponement, with the game being played at tynecastle at a later date.

Did Ann Budge not say at the  supporters association meeting that Murrayfield was available  for the Kilmarnock game and she was keeping in touch with their chef officer?

Great minds, andy dog...

Edited by King Of The Cat Cafe

Hopefully it will be at a stage that the game can go ahead. Really hope they confirm one way or the other soon though, as I need to get flights booked.

if it’s postponed it’s a bit crap and I would think the contingency date should have been after international break anyway to give some breathing space. Not to sound too negative that is poor project management.

bottom line we’ll get the stand we want and it won’t matter it was late once it’s done, just a bit frustrating & embarrassing if we have delays on delays. 

Selkirkhmfc1874
1 hour ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Nothing so wearisome as folk taking a squint at photos and declaring "It won't be ready!" or "It definitely will!". None of you (aside from possibly obua) have any idea if it will or not.

It will be ready to host game on 5th November 

51 minutes ago, BigC said:

Autumn Murrayfield fixtures are 11th Nov, 18th Nov, 25th Nov

Killie on 5th Nov unaffected, international football break on the 11th , so Partick on Sun 19th would be the likely one to be postponed I reckon

1 hour ago, Rab87 said:

That pitch is in very good shape, good to see, all things considered. 

The pitch has never had such a long recovery time before!

49 minutes ago, ManMoth said:

The pitch has never had such a long recovery time before!

I would assume the part tore up along the edge of the new stand will need to be laid sharpish too if it is to have a chance to bed in.

2 minutes ago, Tiger said:

I would assume the part tore up along the edge of the new stand will need to be laid sharpish too if it is to have a chance to bed in.

That's not the pitch. That's the run-off area/maroon carpet.

3 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

That's not the pitch. That's the run-off area/maroon carpet.

Im sure I noticed on a pic taken from the top of the new stand that the pitch had been encroached, maybe someone who is onsite can confirm?

6 minutes ago, Tiger said:

Im sure I noticed on a pic taken from the top of the new stand that the pitch had been encroached, maybe someone who is onsite can confirm?

I dont think it has.

1 hour ago, kila said:

Autumn Murrayfield fixtures are 11th Nov, 18th Nov, 25th Nov

Killie on 5th Nov unaffected, international football break on the 11th , so Partick on Sun 19th would be the likely one to be postponed I reckon

There is a running event on at Murrayfield on the 5th? 10k or something?  

12 minutes ago, Sarah O said:

There is a running event on at Murrayfield on the 5th? 10k or something?  

Ah so there is, finishes inside Murrayfield with I presume a smallish number of folk in the stand

Starts at 10am, so maybe done by 1pm? 5pm kick off

1 hour ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I suppose that tunnel is designed to make the opposition feel uncomfortable!

TTT

Two Tunnel Tynecastle!

Hearts in the new main stand and the opposition in the Wheatfield - they’re not fit for our new facilities - that will make them squirm!!

The reduction in positive posts from those on site is not a great sign. Confidence in meeting the deadline for Nov 5th appears to be reducing IMO. 

I am not ITK and purely basing that on this thread.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Unbelievably the pitch has been mostly undamaged during the works,there was minor damage last season at start of demolition.

Edited by obua

kingantti1874

I don't think there is any real possibility of missing the 5th.. It could only be down to resource.. And resource if it was a challenge would be found 

1 minute ago, jambobob61 said:

Sure there is a good reason, but why that right hand stanchion wasn't moved over a foot or so seems a pity! There is plenty bracket available for support.

IMO a narrow tunnel that prevents  both team appearing at once is good. Big game comes around,  away team out first good cheer from their fans. Hearts come out to a cacophony of noise. Decent 

Captain Bubblebeard
1 hour ago, kila said:

Ah so there is, finishes inside Murrayfield with I presume a smallish number of folk in the stand

Starts at 10am, so maybe done by 1pm? 5pm kick off

Apologies as not read the whole conversation so I have maybe missed the point, but are you saying the game on the 5th Novembers kick off has been moved to 5pm?

Thanks 

1 minute ago, Captain Bubblebeard said:

Apologies as not read the whole conversation so I have maybe missed the point, but are you saying the game on the 5th Novembers kick off has been moved to 5pm?

Thanks 

Just speculation nothing more

Captain Bubblebeard
Just now, kila said:

Just speculation nothing more

Ah, ok, thanks. I'm just realising what thread this is on and presumably you chat is just on the back of speculation that the stand may not be ready at Tynie? Makes more sense now! Will make a better effort to engage brain before asking stupid questions in future!

cheers

25 minutes ago, Chaps said:

A year today since we were granted planning permission.....

8E055F3D-DB65-4E59-AF28-25E266751B80.jpeg

519E80D9-CAB0-4A85-A529-F03FBF65076E.jpeg

FF055E2A-E1A9-45E2-A7A5-60AEE4815B45.jpeg

1A627229-5958-414E-A173-636CF268F422.jpeg

636B3545-6577-4027-ACCD-01B6480B88BD.jpeg

8F50A8B3-A92C-43E1-8450-DF8E41C17AB2.jpeg

9EFE9B29-286D-4C99-BF04-31B21B2DFD9F.jpeg

DE0D2F51-7753-4DBD-903D-C5363F4BD673.jpeg

BF84EDEB-6134-46E8-BB8C-BAC1625A805D.jpeg

46804C6D-91CA-425E-949C-4C3BC0D0D483.jpeg

FCD6DD49-F888-43F8-A577-6EB8F151CD38.jpeg

AB714E8A-0B2F-4F9B-8AB0-96CEFE8A049B.jpeg

4083317B-931E-40D5-BE1E-B507C920C0D2.jpeg

41B03AEE-323E-415F-82E0-24E73D8A2288.jpeg

02D712FC-67C8-4256-BBC0-F2E7EFBCBC92.jpeg

Incredible looking back at some of these pictures how far we’ve come in a year.

On 19/09/2017 at 11:26, Chaps said:

Taken from Facebook main stand page 4423b521cae748405e37c87d6019a68d.jpg

b46fb65ee8cca8c8c4def3fd752b17f4.jpgpost-2084-15058166385981_thumb.jpg177f610fd7968fb92dd7cbe5c555d1c5.jpgea280f5409268ab05160ac319e1d5f7c.jpgc33c77e388f3555191d22425957d2490.jpg69163356544808ffc7891e37604b20ca.jpg965a2d17ebdaea6eaf01c2536c87b249.jpgef5cf8319976736eed0b9e627d53743e.jpgdefcc08be37859b4742c2ffb885de001.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With approx 23 days to go, this post was 22 days ago. 

My moneys on it being ready! 

Are the seats in the new stand behind the Police extension "restricted viewseats?" Surely anyone sitting there  will not be able to see the goal line. Are they going to remove the Police watchout? Poor planning if this is not the case!

Or am I just not seeing it correctly?

41 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Are the seats in the new stand behind the Police extension "restricted viewseats?" Surely anyone sitting there  will not be able to see the goal line. Are they going to remove the Police watchout? Poor planning if this is not the case!

Why has nobody raised this issue before now???

41 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

Is this your first time on here.

44 minutes ago, Blindheart said:

These seats are not being sold at this time.  the police box is scheduled to be removed/reduced in the close season.

Sir Talbot Buxomly
10 hours ago, Chaps said:

From main stand Facebook page.....

1BEBC797-6937-4BFC-8D6A-810F664D796C.jpeg

Now ^THAT is fantastic.

jamboinglasgow

Just seen on the council planning portal that a few days ago we submitted an application for a tv studio to go on the flood light tower between new stand  and roseburn stand. 

Edited by jamboinglasgow

2 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen on the council planning portal that a few days ago we submitted an application for a tv studio to go on the flood light tower between new stand  and roseburn stand. 

Is that where the police box is at present, albeit a higher elevation.

Sure someone mentioned with the police box wrapped around the pylon there is not a huge amount of room inside - sorry just cant visualise it.

Crest looks magnificent even though it has no lettering.

stirlingshirejambo
37 minutes ago, neonjambo said:

Sure someone mentioned with the police box wrapped around the pylon there is not a huge amount of room inside - sorry just cant visualise it.

No

irs the other end. The roseburn 

So basically we're building another police box, at the other end?

I assume this one will be trimmed back enough so as not to hinder the view from any of the seats.

Is this just a new part of the plans? Seems odd its not been mentioned till now?

5 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

Just seen on the council planning portal that a few days ago we submitted an application for a tv studio to go on the flood ight tower between new stand  and roseburn stand. 

Woo hoo... Symmetry :-).  This was the idea I suggested  at the Fan Meetings with Ann Budge back in 2016!!

Sky ans BT refused to do any broadcasting unless there was adequate facilities for Mickey Stewart and Co. They insisted on toilets and tea making equipment and a small oven to keep pies warm. Budge is seething from what I've heard.

If it's flush at the main stand side and sticks out a little at the Roseburn side it wouldn't be quite as bad as the current police box in terms of view of the goals although those in the far left of the Roseburn may potentially not see the Gorgie end goals depending on how far it sticks out. 

There's only 1 seat at the far left of the stand before the stairs so a lot less seats impacted too.

jamboinglasgow
6 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

If it's flush at the main stand side and sticks out a little at the Roseburn side it wouldn't be quite as bad as the current police box in terms of view of the goals although those in the far left of the Roseburn may potentially not see the Gorgie end goals depending on how far it sticks out. 

There's only 1 seat at the far left of the stand before the stairs so a lot less seats impacted too.

From the plans that appears to be the case

42 minutes ago, Oliver Twist said:

Sky ans BT refused to do any broadcasting unless there was adequate facilities for Mickey Stewart and Co. They insisted on toilets and tea making equipment and a small oven to keep pies warm. Budge is seething from what I've heard.

I don’t believe that for a second. 

4 hours ago, neonjambo said:

Looking at the drawing above, it doesn't appear to be much higher up. It's in line with the concourse, so would still cause limited views.

Looking at the new concourse section being completed there looks to be plenty dead space behind the current police box to extend it back the way and make it bigger without encroaching on walkways.

5DFB8459-51D7-4B0F-9E17-4166A15B21E8.jpeg

Edited by Jamboelite

1 hour ago, Erik said:

So basically we're building another police box, at the other end?

I assume this one will be trimmed back enough so as not to hinder the view from any of the seats.

Is this just a new part of the plans? Seems odd its not been mentioned till now?

I was at a FOH plot ceremony a few weeks back and asked Gary who is on the FOH board what was happening with police box.

He said as the cabling was very complex and due to time constraints it would be staying in situ for this season.

He added that it might be reduced in size this season and that they would have more than one in the future.

Edited by wavydavy