New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Just catching up.

The Record is a rag, and everything that needs to be said about it has been said.  A 'newspaper' that panders to one section of the population, that section being challenged in so many ways, is only heading in one direction.  Not clicking on its links will only speed up the process.

Vehicles in the plaza - I wouldn't have thought so.  In this day and age, in a space where lots of people will gather, I will be surprised if the plaza does not contain vehicle prevention measures.

Still keeping fingers and toes crossed that it'll be ready for the 5th.

4 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet and, I may be answering my on question but, the roof is on correct?  Most of it is transparent to allow natural light in.  So, what are the nets hanging there for?  I assume additional lighting intercom, signage, and other grubbing  etc is still to go in hence the nets to catch any bits falling right. Wrong?

Nets are there to protect the roof when the hobos are playing their hoofball.......

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
On 10/10/2017 at 01:55, Footballfirst said:

image.png.10701a7eb8bbb148aaadb55c9c918561.png

From the Main Stand FB page.  Should be 180 seats.

My seat's in. Excellent. 

3 hours ago, ManMoth said:

Owls pooping on you is a much more pleasant experience of course

Especially if they've caught their prey down Easter Rd way.

11 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

I’d rather drink my own pish than read that rag or click on its link. A rancid piece of shite I wouldnae wipe my arse with. The sooner that rag goes down the tubes along with the Sun isn’t soon enough.. as much a stain on Scotland as the bigot auld firm sisters are.

Can we add the Scotsman to that list? Paid circulation of this tawdry rag has collapsed to the point that it appears to have less real, full-price sales than we have seats!

13 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The stand looks astonishingly steep in this photo

I've heard those at the back are going to be given a tin of Red Bull at the turnstile to save them bringing crampons and ice axes into the ground

14 hours ago, The Frenchman Returns said:

The stand looks astonishingly steep in this photo

The new stand is less steep than the other 3 stands.

image.png.10701a7eb8bbb148aaadb55c9c918561.png

Could be that you can see here that the top railing is to be angled to help cut down viewing obstruction of railing/barrier for small people in front row behind walkway ??  Same design for wheelchair users in barrier in front of them.

3 minutes ago, Koolkeith said:

I thought there were no stairs according to hibs.net?

And no Planning Permission, and no money, etc, etc.........

4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

The Wheatfield Construction video mentioned a few times in this thread is mine and not Farin's as someone has claimed.

Thanks for that.

2 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

20171012_103951_resized.jpg

So getting back to my question yesterday: what is this area for? Day to day car parking? Or another part of the plaza?

4 hours ago, Stuart Lyon said:

The Wheatfield Construction video mentioned a few times in this thread is mine and not Farin's as someone has claimed.

Apologies... I try to credit things I pinch, and thought farin had shot that

2 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

So getting back to my question yesterday: what is this area for? Day to day car parking? Or another part of the plaza?

Is the exit from the Gorgie Stand going in to the Plaza or along the side if the table end of the flats?

20 minutes ago, Buffalo Bill said:

I've just tagged you in a photo on the FB group showing you how it looks now.

It's going to be pavement, bit of dead end road & more plaza.

Edited by BigC
Typo

There are also some nice new pics showing the crest, plaques and some great progress on the dugouts and walkway between the Gorgie & main stand.

10 minutes ago, kila said:

Facebook w**kers! Post them here :whistling: 

Lol, you're just jealous because we get to see the pics without 100's of pictures of ER and Daily Record screen grabs mixed in.

29 minutes ago, kila said:

Ooooft

That crest looks amazing now it has been cleaned from the construction dust

The colours show better after a rain shower.

34 minutes ago, Chaps said:

From main stand Facebook page.....

E9C81F6D-B83D-4436-A7A8-23B44D72905B.jpeg

Just a minor observation - I would have thought that as the old stand does not exist, this plaque would have been better housed in the museum.

I assume the Club will be erecting a new bronze plaque for the official opening of the new stand.

7 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Just a minor observation - I would have thought that as the old stand does not exist, this plaque would have been better housed in the museum.

I assume the Club will be erecting a new bronze plaque for the official opening of the new stand.

technically not standing but still there is some capacity with the bricks, I think it’s nice to remember what we had, many on here shed a few tears when the “old lady” got knocked down 

Edited by campbell

5 minutes ago, campbell said:

technically not standing but still there is some capacity with the bricks, I think it’s nice to remember what we had, many on here shed a few tears when the “old lady” got knocked down 

Point taken.

luckyBatistuta

What a difference with the crest now, looks fantastic. Loving the plaques getting a fitting place too. Everything falling into place nicely. 

3 minutes ago, hughesie27 said:

Wonder when Budge will make her announcement for the next delay.

I reckon they will give it to the very last second but I genuinely cant see it unless they get an absolute shift on.

jimmy the jambo

I wonder how late it goes for a safety certificate/licence to be granted? 

Do they get granted days up to or do they need to be done weeks in advance?

anyone in the know? 

15 minutes ago, thee jambo said:

These were taken yesterday. 

5101E27D-B321-441C-8378-6699C0262741.jpeg

B1DF8D2B-A00C-4706-A97F-CFE051681B80.jpeg

The photos above in the thread show the dugout to the right of the tunnel (as you look at it) has been installed, including the steps etc next to the tunnel. You're picture doesn't show this (although the truck obscures some of the view) so they must have done much of the dugout work in the last 24 hours.

Gene Parmesan

Nothing so wearisome as folk taking a squint at photos and declaring "It won't be ready!" or "It definitely will!". None of you (aside from possibly obua) have any idea if it will or not.

11 hours ago, highlandjambo3 said:

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet and, I may be answering my on question but, the roof is on correct?  Most of it is transparent to allow natural light in.  So, what are the nets hanging there for?  I assume additional lighting intercom, signage, and other grubbing  etc is still to go in hence the nets to catch any bits falling right. Wrong?

I don't know if this is true but I would have assumed it would have been put there for safety reasons when the roof panels were being fitted just in case anything fell.

This is purely guesswork on my part hopefully they wont be staying up there as it looks a bit naff. It will be interesting to see how they bring it down assuming they do.

8 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

I wonder how late it goes for a safety certificate/licence to be granted? 

Do they get granted days up to or do they need to be done weeks in advance?

anyone in the know? 

Days

safety nets where to stop the guys and debris falling will be able to take them down easily with a cherry picker 

jimmy the jambo
14 minutes ago, Thomaso said:

Days

Thanks for the update,As far as you know,Do we need to do any large tests that might get the fans involved,such as toilet flushing etc,Or do the subcontractors have that sorted all ready? 

3 minutes ago, jimmy the jambo said:

Thanks for the update,As far as you know,Do we need to do any large tests that might get the fans involved,such as toilet flushing etc,Or do the subcontractors have that sorted all ready? 

All testing of plumbing, drainage, M&E, etc, will be by the contractors as part of the Council occupancy certificate requirements.

36 minutes ago, Jamboelite said:

I reckon they will give it to the very last second but I genuinely cant see it unless they get an absolute shift on.

That would be in next week or so

Need to arrange Murrayfield including tickets

4 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Murrayfield is not available for all of November due to Scotland playing their Autumn internationals.

If there was a further delay, the likelihood would be a postponement, with the game being played at tynecastle at a later date.

Nucky Thompson
6 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

We won't need Murrayfield as Hearts will get the match postponed to be played midweek later in the year.

That will give us an extra two weeks before we play Partick