New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

2 hours ago, Brave Hearts said:

Hahaha

i go to games to watch football not to have a 30 second look at the castle. Why are folk so hung up on the need to have a view of the castle ?

Personally pay for hospitality once a year so will have a look and say "that's nice".

Majority of supporters won't even bother about this view or have the opportunity to see it.

Because we are constantly told it's not about the capacity but the additional commercial earnings that make the stand such a positive.

The skyline lounge and it's castle view would have been a big draw to non-hearts fans to attend hospitality 

scott herbertson
24 minutes ago, netherleejambo said:

I think we need a volunteer to do a dot count..... :smile:

I make it 136 in the picture

1 hour ago, Thomaso said:

Simplistically, anything that must be completed to get an occupancy certificate in time for the Killie game, is on the critical path - that includes the seats.

Not true but I'll give up on this now and just hope that the project manager on site knows his float from his earned value. :pimp2:

1 hour ago, SUTOL said:

I'm a bit surprised the view of the castle isn't as good as expected. 

Does anyone know how high in the Wheatfield stand you needed to be to get a good view? 

CXPMayfWAAEBZSI.jpg:large 

That looks not too far from my seat in section C, and I'm row 30 which is the back row. I think you can get a view of the castle from around row 20, maybe even slightly lower.

1 hour ago, sairyinthat said:

Got to disagree with you FF that is the second staircase not the one at the gable end by the police control box.But we will see soon enough I imagine.

I think FF is right. That staircase (in the photo) isn't at an entrance/exit tunnel through to the concourse, and I'm sure it's only the stairs near the ends (with only a few seats beyond them) that are like that.

18 minutes ago, davemclaren said:

Not true but I'll give up on this now and just hope that the project manager on site knows his float from his earned value. :pimp2:

:welldone:

38 minutes ago, Dayman said:

With regards to the stand being ready- surely the seats are the last of our worries? We need numerous skilled workers all over our stand to get it ready and things have to be done in a certain order. The seats are straightforward and can be done at any time. If they are all that's needed to hear done by the morning if the first game then I'm sure we could get 50 temp workers to do a shift over night doing 10 an hour each. Bit of a exaggeration but you get my point. 

I agree, installing the seats won't be an issue IMO, it's all about the internal build, concourse facilities, etc.

I'm still confident it'll be ready for the Killie game!

31 minutes ago, Dayman said:

This is where we were at 26 days ago. Alot can be done in that time! And there's probably been a load done inside also. 

21731024_502062143477694_3368606977669474153_n.jpg

Exactly. It's going to be tight, but I think the stand should be ready for the bare minimum of supporters gaining access plus toilets and catering facilities on 5th November. Similar to the end of last season's access to the old stand with building works ongoing. We then have a further 14 days to make sure it's much closer to completion by the home game against Partick.

Actually, going a little bit further... Surely the concourse join-ups between Gorgie/Main and Roseburn/Main don't need to be completed to host Killie? If we are behind schedule, with more steelwork still required and the Roseburn end of the stand needing completed, surely the concourse join-ups would be put on hold? 

23 minutes ago, Taffin said:

Because we are constantly told it's not about the capacity but the additional commercial earnings that make the stand such a positive.

The skyline lounge and it's castle view would have been a big draw to non-hearts fans to attend hospitality 

I think it's less about hospitality for matchdays and more about the ability to rent it out for private functions, and charge a high price for doing so. If the view was like the initial artists impressions, it would be a hugely in-demand location, especially for Hogmanay, the festival fireworks, 5th November  (not this year obviously!), etc.

17 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think it's less about hospitality for matchdays and more about the ability to rent it out for private functions, and charge a high price for doing so. If the view was like the initial artists impressions, it would be a hugely in-demand location, especially for Hogmanay, the festival fireworks, 5th November  (not this year obviously!), etc.

You will still get a great view of the fireworks!  :rock2:

29 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

I think FF is right. That staircase (in the photo) isn't at an entrance/exit tunnel through to the concourse, and I'm sure it's only the stairs near the ends (with only a few seats beyond them) that are like that.

your correct box is full and don't know how to empty same so take this as my response.

better_call_saul
4 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Where's Obua and his internal photo updates when you need him!!

Probably sacked for having his phone out on site.

22 minutes ago, FarmerTweedy said:

That's better put. I agree.

From a personal perspective the view makes not a jot of a difference but I can see why people think it's a bit of a ****** up.

11 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

Where's Obua and his internal photo updates when you need him!!

I think he's a tapatalk user and no working with the new site yet :(

2 hours ago, Red Jamie said:

Thanks that makes sense. The social media team are having an absolute mare with this. The club should really be upfront and honest about these changes and limitations, or at least make sure all social media posts are approved for clarity. 

Id genuinely like to know this too. I understand why the curtain had to be curtailed but why did we need to use rows of opaque glass? The original plans clearly describe a completely transparent front to show off the hustle and bustle of the going’s on inside. Now it’s regular windows. Something like the festival theatre or the omni surely would have been a better compromise?

How obviously does the posting style need to be ?

8 minutes ago, kila said:

9 minutes ago, kila said:

I’ve got a few from inside today , trying to use Tapatalk and it’s not working for me either.. 

3 minutes ago, novoman said:

I’ve got a few from inside today , trying to use Tapatalk and it’s not working for me either.. 

Mobile site let’s you upload in replies now 

fabienleclerq
1 hour ago, Strachsuit said:

Actually, going a little bit further... Surely the concourse join-ups between Gorgie/Main and Roseburn/Main don't need to be completed to host Killie? If we are behind schedule, with more steelwork still required and the Roseburn end of the stand needing completed, surely the concourse join-ups would be put on hold? 

Think they've ditched joining the Roseburn up and iirc someone said the Gorgie-main needs finished for the killie game

Nucky Thompson

How many Hearts fans really give a shit about a view of the Castle?

I've grown up in Edinburgh and don't even notice it anymore, in fact if I'm going along Princes street on a bus, I don't even look out of the window :laugh:

How many American tourists will be buying Hearts hospitality for a view of the Castle :rolleyes2:

4 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Think they've ditched joining the Roseburn up and iirc someone said the Gorgie-main needs finished for the killie game

That was mentioned by Obua.

Just now, Nucky Thompson said:

I've grown up in Edinburgh and don't even notice it anymore, in fact if I'm going along Princes street on a bus, I don't even look out of the window :laugh:

How many American tourists will be buying Hearts hospitality for a view of the Castle :rolleyes2:

And if you're having a good time, the food and facilities are good it will still be a really good experience. 

A lot is dependent on the weather too. The view is good enough. 

9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I'm sure you are not the only one.

But when you have friends staying for the weekend, would you be more or less likely to book a restaurant if it had a nice view of the castle?

If one of you guys want to pm me your mobile number I could sent the photos on to you , as I'm not on face book and tapatalk is stillness not working for me . 

32 minutes ago, kila said:

Mobile site let’s you upload in replies now 

32 minutes ago, BigC said:

You can post them to the Facebook group & someone will embed them here...

https://m.facebook.com/groups/1154852404581539

If one of you guys want to pm me your mobile number and post it up for me , I'm not on Facebook and tapatalk is still not working 

1 minute ago, novoman said:

If one of you guys want to pm me your mobile number and post it up for me , I'm not on Facebook and tapatalk is still not working 

You can post photos from the online website now. You dont need tapatalk

Edited by Robbo51

2 minutes ago, BigC said:

I'm sure you are not the only one.

But when you have friends staying for the weekend, would you be more or less likely to book a restaurant if it had a nice view of the castle?

There are no plans to open the 'Skyline' as a restaurant.   It will be used on match days and for private functions.

1 minute ago, novoman said:

Just go to the site on your phone, and where you can type your reply, there's now an option to attach files

9 minutes ago, novoman said:

Here is another 

95DF2055-DA88-413B-BD03-15FEB9E620E1.jpeg

11 minutes ago, novoman said:

Thanks Kila

A175EFC5-36CE-437B-9830-C6B849315469.jpeg

Christ alot of work to be done.

Edited by Jamboelite

30 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

I must've missed that. I presume the Gorgie/Main needs done in order to get safety certificate? Not sure why, when access was closed for a few games at the end of last year anyway!

6 minutes ago, novoman said:

One more for the road

71ED1001-5A74-402D-A3E0-C36DEFB87D66.jpeg

Assuming once the rails are in then the dudes doing that will be helping fit the seats ... plenty time, it's like an allen/hex key and 4 bolts.

Looking magnificent and really starting to take shape now, but short of working around the clock there looks to be too much to do make it ready by Bonfire Night.

1 minute ago, Jamboelite said:

Christ alot of work to be done.

My thoughts to,

In around twenty days also.

Cant see us making it in for the 5th now.

13 minutes ago, novoman said:

Thanks Kila

A175EFC5-36CE-437B-9830-C6B849315469.jpeg

10 minutes ago, novoman said:

Here is another 

95DF2055-DA88-413B-BD03-15FEB9E620E1.jpeg

9 minutes ago, novoman said:

One more for the road

71ED1001-5A74-402D-A3E0-C36DEFB87D66.jpeg

Nice one!