New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

avhudtheteeshirt
2 minutes ago, MacPhee said:

My thoughts to,

In around twenty days also.

Cant see us making it in for the 5th now.

Everyone knows that with any size of Jigsaw the more you do the easier and quicker it becomes, keep the faith!!!!

7 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Assuming once the rails are in then the dudes doing that will be helping fit the seats ... plenty time, it's like an allen/hex key and 4 bolts.

For the upper sections that's true as it appears that the staging was predrilled for the rails.  Not sure if the lower, concrete staging is using the same system of seat installation.

Just looking at the amount of outer work that needs to be done, I seriously doubt we will hit the target of the 5th November.  I've been one of the optomists all the way through the build but I now think my natural pessimism is coming to the fore.

5 minutes ago, Heartsofgold said:

For the upper sections that's true as it appears that the staging was predrilled for the rails.  Not sure if the lower, concrete staging is using the same system of seat installation.

Just looking at the amount of outer work that needs to be done, I seriously doubt we will hit the target of the 5th November.  I've been one of the optomists all the way through the build but I now think my natural pessimism is coming to the fore.

Its not pessimistic im like you hugely optimistic but that just looks like a stretch unless the changes are rapid over the next week or so.

I do agree with others that it's going to be very tight to get ready in less than 4 weeks........certainly no expert but lots to do

1 hour ago, maroonlegions said:

Birds eye view of our new incorporated stand.

22291107_1880213302005231_7056714410500593452_o[1].jpg

A question that I have wondered about for some time, why is the Gorgie Stand roof split into  2 sections?

scott herbertson

I’m still, in the optimists camp.

having to come down to London for a scan on the 3rd November - just checking;g now what trains will get me up for the first game at New Improved Tynecastle on the 5th...

2 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

A question that I have wondered about for some time, why is the Gorgie Stand roof split into  2 sections?

Assume to do with the light that it would block out from the nearby flats, had it all been the same height.

could be wrong.

The Future's Maroon
4 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It's to do with light getting to the flats on Gorgie Rd, part of the procedure in getting planning permission granted.

Edited by The Future's Maroon
Spelt Gorgie wrong.....Hobo alert!!

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

It's to allow light into the tenement gardens at the back.. If it had been straight across, it would have blocked out the natural light to the lower flats I believe.

3 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

Itd to allow light into the flats behind the stand, crazy requirement when we applied for planning permission, it’s never sunny in Scotland anyway 

Can I ask why we are wasting time putting seats in on the restricted view areas surely we could leave these blank until we need seats there 

Edited by campbell

Just now, campbell said:

Can I ask why we are wasting time putting seats in on the restricted view areas surely we could leave these blank until we need seats there 

It'll probably be a requirement to have the whole stand seated for health and safety reasons.

The Future's Maroon
2 minutes ago, campbell said:

I did think the same when I saw that. There will be a reason.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

Time for me to be labelled as Mr negative, I still hope I'm proved wrong, but I cant see it.

If it was only adding seats, OK, but at the Roseburn side there is not even staging to put seats into,

Oh and there is no roof.

However, if it is not ready then so be it, better to be right/proper than quick/rushed, it is very impressive. 

King Of The Cat Cafe
11 minutes ago, campbell said:

Struck me as odd that we have a stairway then about six seats to the side wall, all behind the police box.

Is there a reason we could not have shifted those seats sideways to join up with the others and moved the stairway next to the side wall?

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Already starting to look great. Compare it to this carbuncle:

IMG_7901.JPG

Even unfinished its miles ahead. Compact and designed for atmosphere. Below it, a random collection of boxes at random distances from each other.

Edited by Ryder

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Where's Obua and his internal photo updates when you need him!!

i hope he is not away for a colonoscopy

2 hours ago, Heartsofgold said:

Where's Obua and his internal photo updates when you need him!!

i hope he is not away for a colonoscopy

Footballfirst
6 minutes ago, King Of The Cat Cafe said:

Struck me as odd that we have a stairway then about six seats to the side wall, all behind the police box.

Is there a reason we could not have shifted those seats sideways to join up with the others and moved the stairway next to the side wall?

There is a design restriction of a maximum of 28 seats between gangways.

The week after the Killie game there will be no games so we'd effectively get an extra two weeks to finish if we asked for that match to be moved, are we entitled to move the date of a fixture at all? I know Celtic have done it a couple of times so that they could play friendlies 

Nucky Thompson

I'm sure I read somewhere that the SPFL would let us postpone one game to be played midweek later in the year.

If that's the case, it would give us another 2 weeks to get it ready for the Partick Thistle game on the 19th November.

Another two weeks would make a huge difference

2 hours ago, Strachsuit said:

Actually, going a little bit further... Surely the concourse join-ups between Gorgie/Main and Roseburn/Main don't need to be completed to host Killie? If we are behind schedule, with more steelwork still required and the Roseburn end of the stand needing completed, surely the concourse join-ups would be put on hold? 

Gorgie / Main needs to be ready it’s an exit,Roseburn/ Main join up was cancelled ages ago.concrete going on at Gorgie now.

78A33840-2BC2-4459-9799-DB5760AAF051.jpeg

maroonlegions
24 minutes ago, Ryder said:

Already starting to look great. Compare it to this carbuncle:

IMG_7901.JPG

Even unfinished its miles ahead. Compact and designed for atmosphere. Below it, a random collection of boxes at random distances from each other.

Wonder if over on tennerbag.net they would admit theirs is a fecking car crash of a stadium compared to our new stand alone..  LOL;  

Just now, obua said:

Gorgie / Main needs to be ready it’s an exit,Roseburn/ Main join up was cancelled ages ago.concrete going on at Gorgie now.

78A33840-2BC2-4459-9799-DB5760AAF051.jpeg

Also monoblock at Gorgie suite going down.

maroonlegions
49 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

To tell you the truth i have never noticed that until you pointed it out. LOL;

Maybe cost restraints  ??

Just now, maroonlegions said:

Wonder if over on tennerbag.net they would admit theirs is a fecking car crash of a stadium compared to our new stand alone..  LOL;  

Doubt it, they may be paedophilia obsessed minks, but they are at least partisan when it comes to their club... many of our mob? Not so much.

look at the nick of that stadium though, eh? I genuinely could have done a better job of a model for that by just tossing four rectangular boxes in the air. :rofl:

57 minutes ago, Tasavallan said:

I think it’s to do with not blocking light into the tenements,not 100% though.

Nice pics Obua ,

I'm thinking the hobos are going to have a field day with our progress at this late stage thou , 

sad mothers that they are. 

zoltan socrates
8 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Naw, they are too busy calling it a bombsite while lauding theirs as some sort of architectural marvel

look at their stadium, angles cut into the goal end stands, as earlier mentioned there is no uniformity in the spacing of each stand and they are even boasting that they have a non centred tunnel that we seem to be copying

utter junkie scumbag ckufs dripping with jealousy

7 minutes ago, novoman said:

Nice pics Obua ,

I'm thinking the hobos are going to have a field day with our progress at this late stage thou , 

sad mothers that they are. 

Some of these areas don’t need to be ready for November 5th.

Jambof3tornado
56 minutes ago, ericb said:

Time for me to be labelled as Mr negative, I still hope I'm proved wrong, but I cant see it.

If it was only adding seats, OK, but at the Roseburn side there is not even staging to put seats into,

Oh and there is no roof.

However, if it is not ready then so be it, better to be right/proper than quick/rushed, it is very impressive. 

There is a roof. See the photo.

2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

A thing of beauty.

Now just wait till we fill the corners in :verysmug:

1 hour ago, Armageddon said:

Assuming once the rails are in then the dudes doing that will be helping fit the seats ... plenty time, it's like an allen/hex key and 4 bolts.

Once rails are in seats are an easy fix only 2 bolts to tighten per seat.

I'd much rather play Partick than Killie to open our new stand

Especially given Partick helped Hearts keep going during admin by donating some (or all?) of their gate money at a league game v us at Firhill

7 minutes ago, kila said:

Great pics obua, thanks

Do you know if the dugouts have hoods?

Don’t know what type of cover it will be ,but with fans directly above it will need something,especially when Celtic come calling.

Here's me wading in (again), probably about to ask something that's been covered, however, I see a few people mentioned Roseburn/main join up is to be cancelled? is it delayed for now ,ie not seen as an urgent requirement or dropped from planning completely? If so, I'm ocd as hell, that's gonnae bug the sh1te out of me lol!

Apologies if already covered.

6 minutes ago, Heidthebaw said:

Here's me wading in (again), probably about to ask something that's been covered, however, I see a few people mentioned Roseburn/main join up is to be cancelled? is it delayed for now ,ie not seen as an urgent requirement or dropped from planning completely? If so, I'm ocd as hell, that's gonnae bug the sh1te out of me lol!

Apologies if already covered.

It was dropped for cost reasons,don’t know if it will be revisited in the future.

Just now, obua said:

It was dropped for cost reasons,don’t know if it will be revisited in the future.

Cheers Obua, I had hoped there would be a nice symmetry about the new stand/finished Tynecastle, BUT, i am fully aware what i've said is a minor minor grievance lol. I hope it will be revisited in the future, as with any other things that have been removed for cost at this period. That being said, i am a realist and that aerial shot recently posted has put a massive smile on my face. What we've achieved in recent years is beyond belief. HHGH!

5 minutes ago, obua said:

Damn. There goes my extra revenue-raising idea.

Image result for go karting

The Future's Maroon
50 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

I very much doubt it, they knobends would never admit anything.

Tbf, even other forums I have read have shown a lot of other clubs fans are not fans of our new stand.

I don't give a flying hoot what anyone else thinks of it...we were VERY close to not being able to play our home games at Tynie, not to forget we were close to not being here as a club....

yet folk (our own fans) complain about colours of cladding, views of Castle, the crest isn't an exact replica etc etc, the new main stand will no please everyone and never will, I'm just happy it's being built.