New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

How has this Hibs not been punted?

Every single post he wants to mention that the glass curtain has gone, despite the fact this it's there for all to see.

What? It?s a well known fact the glass curtain had to be scrapped due to constraints. It?s been discussed on this thread extensively. You think what we have now is what was envisaged by the architect and the club when we originally described it as the largest glass curtain wall in Scottish football? That?s what comes to your mind when you think of a glass curtain wall? If you look at the original plans and artists impression you can see the glass curtain wall that we wanted to have but couldn?t. What we have now is a compromise. It?s an all glass facade. The original curtain was a feature on top of the facade. Pretending what we have now is what we always wanted is like parading Hamilton as our number one when we papped him with the #13 shirt.

Unknown user

How has this Hibs not been punted?

Every single post he wants to mention that the glass curtain has gone, despite the fact this it's there for all to see.

He clearly doesn't get what a curtain wall is - it doesn't mean a big, uninterrupted expanse of glass, it just means that the wall isn't structural, it's just there to seal the building up. We have a curtain wall, it's made of glass, but it is a different type of glass curtain wall from the original plan.

He clearly doesn't get what a curtain wall is - it doesn't mean a big, uninterrupted expanse of glass, it just means that the wall isn't structural, it's just there to seal the building up. We have a curtain wall, it's made of glass, but it is a different type of glass curtain wall from the original plan.

Precisely. But his insistence in pushing his agenda shows him as clearly Hibs.

Bit of confusion on the terms he uses - the glass curtainwall is installed - the ?glass curtain? is the big sweeping glass baffle shown on the very early computer generated images.

Thanks for clearing that up I get confused with the terms. Yes the facade of our stand uses a glass curtain-walling system in its construction. No, it?s not the glass curtain.

kingantti1874

Bit of confusion on the terms he uses - the glass curtainwall is installed - the ?glass curtain? is the big sweeping glass baffle shown on the very early computer generated images.

Out of interest Thomaso, why was this changed? Cost I assume

Heard a few whispers it won't be ready for 5th. Not sure how much truth I reckon is in it..

Obua or Thomaso?

I'm told there was a meeting on Friday in which a potential delay was mentioned but Budge made it known in no uncertain terms that it was to be ready 'on time'.

Also apparently an issue with the seats which have had to be put in extremely tightly otherwise they wouldn't have been able to fit.

kingantti1874

I'm told there was a meeting on Friday in which a potential delay was mentioned but Budge made it known in no uncertain terms that it was to be ready 'on time'.

Also apparently an issue with the seats which have had to be put in extremely tightly otherwise they wouldn't have been able to fit.

You really think they don't know the width of the seats and the gap between them.. That the architect and the engineers have never heard of a measuring tape

Did Budge say this or is that speculation? The seats posted looked tight but didn?t look any closer than the other stands. Will it be a tighter squeeze than the wheatfield?

Hibs fan, apparently.

Interesting when you look a little deeper into our new friend "Red Jamies" profile picture.

Just saying likesy.

The seat has a spacing requirement , so whatever 'very tightly' looks like, it'll be at least the manufacturer's minimum product specification (460mm from centre of seat to centre of seat I believe). 

Shanks said no

Did Budge say this or is that speculation? The seats posted looked tight but didn?t look any closer than the other stands. Will it be a tighter squeeze than the wheatfield?

. Sorry but I am with Hughesie, I can smell ratsforbreakfast

Footballfirst

Each section of the new stand will be the maximum allowable 28 seats wide (plus wing sections in N &T), with the exception of the Premium middle section which only has 25 (with wider seats).

The configuration mirrors that of the Wheatfield, so 28 seats wide in the new stand will take the same space as 28 seats wide in the Wheatfield. 

If the gap between seats is a few mm less in the new stand, it can only be because the seats themselves are a few mm wider than those in the Wheatfield.

Edited by Footballfirst

David McCaig

You really think they don't know the width of the seats and the gap between them.. That the architect and the engineers have never heard of a measuring tape

Given the Skyline Lounge screw up, I wouldn't assume anything!!

Interesting when you look a little deeper into our new friend "Red Jamies" profile picture.

Just saying likesy.

Seems very forum savvy for someone so new.

He's obviously taken a keen interest in the new stand but must have kept his posts to a different forum.   Is Red the colour of his hair? ;)

Brave Hearts

Coming from same industry as Ann, any feedback at this stage threatening the delivery to the implementation date would be totally rejected........unless the person raising a potential delay could actually demonstrate that the delivery date could NOT be met ...............

Brave Hearts

Given the Skyline Lounge screw up, I wouldn't assume anything!!

Skyline Lounge screw up ?????

It's a football stand to watch football not a tourist attraction to see the castle........

Go to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle.......

Psychedelicropcircle

This is a just saying situ

A mate of mine works for the company who are putting in the bogs, he was telling me as far as he knew they didn?t have a date to start this work. This conversation took place last weekend. He?s not the type to hype.

We could be hiring 200 turdeses for all I know?

Out of interest Thomaso, why was this changed? Cost I assume

Go back a hundred pages or so for a full explanation of how the current facade was arrived at.

To summarise, the first details released were an early computer generated concept design which was totally impractical when budget, programme and technical requirements were fully considered.

Launch the Hibs *****.

Seriously mods.

****** waken up.

In your attempt to be more tolerant after being accused of being harsh and ott, you?ve taken your eye off the ball and are more interested in banning Hearts fans from elsewhere than infiltrating Hibs fans.

Sort it out before you lose it completely and it turns to shit.

Is this for real? What have I said that's upset you? 

What? It?s a well known fact the glass curtain had to be scrapped due to constraints. It?s been discussed on this thread extensively. You think what we have now is what was envisaged by the architect and the club when we originally described it as the largest glass curtain wall in Scottish football? That?s what comes to your mind when you think of a glass curtain wall? If you look at the original plans and artists impression you can see the glass curtain wall that we wanted to have but couldn?t. What we have now is a compromise. It?s an all glass facade. The original curtain was a feature on top of the facade. Pretending what we have now is what we always wanted is like parading Hamilton as our number one when we papped him with the #13 shirt.

We HAVE the largest glazed curtainwall in Scottish football.

The person that told me has a lot of negative things to say about the architect.

Toilets progressing.

A mate of mine works for the company who are putting in the bogs, he was telling me as far as he knew they didn?t have a date to start this work. This conversation took place last weekend. He?s not the type to hype.

:indeed:

Heartsofgold

I'me 99% sure there was a picture posted 2 weeks ago showing some of the bogs (cisterns at least) being installed.  Can't be arsed trolling through pages and pages of posts to find it but hopefully some one will.

I'me 99% sure there was a picture posted 2 weeks ago showing some of the bogs (cisterns at least) being installed.  Can't be arsed trolling through pages and pages of posts to find it but hopefully some one will.

Obua's post #21835

Another (less crude) mockup of the signage as it will be once installed. Has anyone seen the letters? Will they be "lightbox" style? That's what I've gone for here. I don't think it looks bad at all. I tried it at larger sizes and it just dwarfed the badge. The badge any larger verges on comical. 

io8WJVm.jpg

alwaysthereinspirit

Another (less crude) mockup of the signage as it will be once installed. Has anyone seen the letters? Will they be "lightbox" style? That's what I've gone for here. I don't think it looks bad at all. I tried it at larger sizes and it just dwarfed the badge. The badge any larger verges on comical. 

io8WJVm.jpg

You know who's comical......

Wish it looked as good as Hibs East stand. Great if someone could post a picture of that again for comparative purposes.

Also, Greenginger has been counting the seats as they've gone in and regrettably our attendance won't reach 19,000.

Wish it looked as good as Hibs East stand. Great if someone could post a picture of that again for comparative purposes.

Also, Greenginger has been counting the seats as they've gone in and regrettably our attendance won't reach 19,000.

Psychedelicropcircle

I'me 99% sure there was a picture posted 2 weeks ago showing some of the bogs (cisterns at least) being installed. Can't be arsed trolling through pages and pages of posts to find it but hopefully some one will.

Good show next time I see him I?ll need to inform him he?s shite at his job & they?ve kept him in the dark for this reason!

Can?t wait to get back to tynie

Thomaso has saved me typing a reply to your query, but he has answered it correctly. As the previous consent was granted they (architects/planning) have agreed to stick with what was there originally.

So are we saying we 'could' have gone bigger but went with the existing size of the old lettering for the sake of knowing it would be ok as it was approved before?

Or do we know already that the old lettering was the maximum size which could be used?

Surely there has to be some context on the actual building itself - the old stand was significantly smaller than the new one, and the sign was positioned where it was due to the other buildings which obscured the view of most of the stand.

In short, what was applicable and appropriate for the old stand surely doesn't mean the same applies to a much bigger structure which is now no longer hidden behind the eyesore offices.

Given the size of the 'advertising' which we used to show on the front of the club shop - I still find it hard to believe we couldn't get away with bigger lettering for the new stand than what was on the old one.

Heartsofgold

Good show next time I see him I?ll need to inform him he?s shite at his job & they?ve kept him in the dark for this reason!

As drewboy said it?s post#21835 by obua

Can?t wait to get back to tynie

Buffalo Bill

So are we saying we 'could' have gone bigger but went with the existing size of the old lettering for the sake of knowing it would be ok as it was approved before?

Or do we know already that the old lettering was the maximum size which could be used?

Surely there has to be some context on the actual building itself - the old stand was significantly smaller than the new one, and the sign was positioned where it was due to the other buildings which obscured the view of most of the stand.

In short, what was applicable and appropriate for the old stand surely doesn't mean the same applies to a much bigger structure which is now no longer hidden behind the eyesore offices.

Given the size of the 'advertising' which we used to show on the front of the club shop - I still find it hard to believe we couldn't get away with bigger lettering for the new stand than what was on the old one.

The lettering and the crest will be framed by the tree-lined walkway into the front doors so perhaps the architect wanted to keep things within that viewpoint?

22345437_794156214087823_1942756525_o.jp

Skyline Lounge screw up ?????

It's a football stand to watch football not a tourist attraction to see the castle........

Go to Princes Street if you want to see the Castle.......

The lounge wasn't though since it doesn't have a pitch view. It's been well discussed that it's a screw up that it wasn't high enough to get the kind of view we were hoping for.

Yes RJ looks like Hibs but let's not make stuff up

William H. Bonney

The lounge wasn't though since it doesn't have a pitch view. It's been well discussed that it's a screw up that it wasn't high enough to get the kind of view we were hoping for.

Yes RJ looks like Hibs but let's not make stuff up

maybe im na?ve but I don't really see what red Jamie has done to make people think he's  hibs.

io8WJVm.jpg

I seen this on Twitter. 5d48379acf0c2a7f5c230d0986e1a921.jpg

Sent from my VFD 600 using Tapatalk

I?m glad we ?didn?t get away? with larger lettering. I think the size being installed will be just dandy!

maybe im na?ve but I don't really see what red Jamie has done to make people think he's hibs.

Me too. Even if he is I appreciate his mock ups.

I?m glad we ?didn?t get away? with larger lettering. I think the size being installed will be just dandy!

I actually think that the most recent mock up near the top of this page post (#23556) woulda been about the right size of lettering. Personal opinion, i'll reserve judgement till its up.

That wasn't really my question though.

Murrayfield, Easter Road and heck even Meadowbank all have significantly larger lettering on the outsides of them - so I'm not sure where that fits in with the regulations and the suggestion we weren't allowed anything any bigger.

oldstadium1.jpg