New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

This may be the case. But if (heaven forbid) Tynecastle had made way for a McLeod Street Tesco, I'm pretty sure they would have had their normal sized signage.

I'm sure the vermin would have tried to sneak in even bigger letters under the cover of darkness as well and the council would not even notice. The stand is a great GIRUY to them big lettering or not.

That?s a proper mock-up. Wonder if the creator could do it with the full lettering in the top space? Probably not out of fear of being hibs.

I didn?t even criticise the

stand. On the contrary. Purely showed the actual size of the lettering off the back of the Christmas card confusion to clear it all up. More critical of the marketing of the stand than the stand itself.

Looks awsome!

I did qualify my post by saying that but there's no question the regular maintenance hasn't happened for a few years.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Playing catch up with maintenance at the moment,but it is progressing well.

How confident on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 the highest.

Just to reiterate a scale of 1-5

Not for me to guess .i will just say it won't be for lack of effort.

Heartsofgold

I don't think it was. I'm sure there was terracing for that game.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No, the Wheatfield had just opened.

Another take on the previous version..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/OUux7N9CzW2ZLk5A3

FTh

Thanks for doing that.

Maybe something that can be looked at further down the line.

I can't see why the planning department would be against lettering that big. Don't think it's out of place with it's environs.

Mind you don't be surprised that while the mural is approved, any thoughts of reflection lighting on the stand is knocked back by the council.

That?s a proper mock-up. Wonder if the creator could do it with the full lettering in the top space? Probably not out of fear of being hibs.

I didn?t even criticise the stand. On the contrary. Purely showed the actual size of the lettering off the back of the Christmas card confusion to clear it all up. More critical of the marketing of the stand than the stand itself.

Apologies then. Somebody on sister.net is claiming your posts then (bostonhibby).

Anyway leave it at that

My own take on the badge etc..

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zBx3kAzgD6r1f04x2

Won't be to everyone's liking..

FTh

Very nicely done graphically IMO. However (also IMO), there is no way the "Tynecastle Park" name should be divided like that. The word "Tynecastle" of course looks tremendous on its own, but "Tynecastle Park" is one of the Club's brand identities, and it just should not be split in two.

Personally I'd have been in favour of:

Tynecastle Park

Badge

Heart of Midlothian FC

Very nicely done graphically IMO. However (also IMO), there is no way the "Tynecastle Park" name should be divided like that. The word "Tynecastle" of course looks tremendous on its own, but "Tynecastle Park" is one of the Club's brand identities, and it just should not be split in two.

Tynecastle Park

Badge

Heart of Midlothian FC

LOL

Buffalo Bill

Tynecastle Park

Badge

Heart of Midlothian FC

Me too.

yabadabadoo1874again

A quick photoshop I did of what the Hearts xmas thing should've been :whistling:

Before:

701317_0.jpg

First one looks tremendous.

After:

990606_a1343.jpg

Basingstoke or Slough?

yabadabadoo1874again

Thankfully none of us will be travelling to Tynie in Santa's sleigh so the huge letters looking good from the sky will be irrelevant

Ha ha but I can't unsee it. : )

It has the festive colours and everything.

For half the price of the trams the council could introduce a Santa Sleigh service...the technology is there!!! : )

Me too.

That?s way too much imho.

Just Tynecastle Park and the badge works for me. Just hope they got a decent typographer to design or select the font.

I thought the old Main Stand crest and Tynecastle Stadium lettering looked good and that was small relative to the size of that stand.

Edited by Jambos_1874

That?s way too much imho.

Just Tynecastle Park and the badge works for me. Just hope they got a decent typographer to design or select the font.

Agreed

The Future's Maroon

With regards to folk having a dig at the The City of Edinburgh Council Planning department, can I just advise for some who may not be aware that the Planning/Building Control Officers are only following the regulations and guidelines set by the Scottish Government.

With regards to the lettering on the stand, this falls under advertising - and it's the same, they have to follow The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (Scotland) Regulations 1984.

Also, to clear things up a little, The fact these are going to be illuminated also has a major bearing on the size allowed, they also have to take into account the previous signage and text size..

It is not the Officers at the Council being Hibs, or awkward or stuck up their own arse...it's rules unfortunately.

Hope this clears a little up.

Personally, I think it's going to look amazing once complete, inside and out.

With regards to folk having a dig at the The City of Edinburgh Council Planning department, can I just advise for some who may not be aware that the Planning/Building Control Officers are only following the regulations and guidelines set by the Scottish Government.

With regards to the lettering on the stand, this falls under advertising - and it's the same, they have to follow The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (Scotland) Regulations 1984.

Also, to clear things up a little, The fact these are going to be illuminated also has a major bearing on the size allowed, they also have to take into account the previous signage and text size..

It is not the Officers at the Council being Hibs, or awkward or stuck up their own arse...it's rules unfortunately.

Just curious how do supermarkets get away with it? Is it because its not in a residential area ?

Fxxx the SPFL

Not for me to guess .i will just say it won't be for lack of effort.

appreciate all your photos On us are you onsite today I was down having a look and wondered if you were going about

Thanks for posting all that. Hopefully the ?Big Letters? protestors can accept the issue regarding planning was Kosha.

Edited by Thomaso

The Future's Maroon

Just curious how do supermarkets get away with it? Is it because its not in a residential area ?

I can't answer that as advertising is not part of my job, sorry....I think it has something to do with the majority of Supermarkets are set well off the main rd, but as I say it's not part of my job so don't take that as 100% accurate!

Good point. Going to go out on a limb and say the small signage has nothing to do with regulations. It?s just the design. Poorly chosen or restrained by budget or it?s going to look just fine when it?s done. One of those but not building regulations. Can?t use that excuse for everything.

Want to reconsider that Jamie?

Hackney Hearts

With regards to folk having a dig at the The City of Edinburgh Council Planning department, can I just advise for some who may not be aware that the Planning/Building Control Officers are only following the regulations and guidelines set by the Scottish Government. With regards to the lettering on the stand, this falls under advertising - and it's the same, they have to follow The Town and Country Planning (Control of Advertisements) (Scotland) Regulations 1984. Also, to clear things up a little, The fact these are going to be illuminated also has a major bearing on the size allowed, they also have to take into account the previous signage and text size..

Thanks for that. Good info.

I still can't help thinking that if it were a McLeod branch of Tesco, Morrisons, Homebase or whatever, that the signage would be significantly bigger. 

Incidentally, it could be argued that "Tynecastle Park" is a place name rather than an advertisement. A unique Edinburgh landmark at that.

"Heart of Midlothian" is a business, and would therefore be an advertisement.

Hackney Hearts

Hopefully the ?Big Letters? protestors can accept the issue regarding planning was Kosha.

I'm not a protestor - I'm just curious about the process. I'm sure the ones we've got will be great.

I still think there are anomalies regarding interpretation of the rules. Getting off topic probably.

The Future's Maroon

Thanks for that. Good info.

I still can't help thinking that if it were a McLeod branch of Tesco, Morrisons, Homebase or whatever, that the signage would be significantly bigger. 

Incidentally, it could be argued that "Tynecastle Park" is a place name rather than an advertisement. A unique Edinburgh landmark at that.

"Heart of Midlothian" is a business, and would therefore be an advertisement.

If it was a large supermarket or whatever, it wouldn't make any difference....it's the same with the old "why didn't we build higher", simple answer is 'not allowed'.

They could have applied for the letters the size of the xmas card, it would have been a waste of money as wouldn't be allowed.

I'm not a protestor - I'm just curious about the process. I'm sure the ones we've got will be great.

I still think there are anomalies regarding interpretation of the rules. Getting off topic probably.

The architect had numerous meetings with The Council Planning Dept - one of the issues would be the size of lettering and crest.

I believe that the size of the new lettering is the same as was on the old stand, which would be previously approved by Planning when they were fitted a few years ago.

The architect had numerous meetings with The Council Planning Dept - one of the issues would be the size of lettering and crest.

I believe that the size of the new lettering is the same as was on the old stand, which would be previously approved by Planning when they were fitted a few years ago.

I'd have gone with two, one with big letters from a thin/hidden wire mesh with bright LEDs that are quite spaced out (like the xmas thing but on the glass rather than above it). Letters that big only need to be illuminated on match days in the dark months, surely not a problem doing that when the flood lights are also on

The Future's Maroon

Kind of...

Not denying there?s regulations in relation to the size of signagage on a building. I just don?t think that?s the reason behind the decisions on our lettering. I?m sure it will look fine regardless. I didn?t know it was going to be illuminated. That?ll make a huge difference.

Thomaso has saved me typing a reply to your query, but he has answered it correctly. As the previous consent was granted they (architects/planning) have agreed to stick with what was there originally.

The Future's Maroon

Happy to defer to those more knowledgeable than I on the matter. Purely guesswork from me and really it doesn?t matter why at the end of the day.

If there wasn?t about 5 variations of artists impressions knocking about we wouldn?t even be having this discussion. If the club had been consistent on what imagery they were using then the Christmas card, from a supporters club, wouldn?t have caused confusion. Supporters clearly aren?t sure what to expect if by being shown the reality of the situation they start lashing out at other supporters for pointing it out.

Even the guy doing the mockups, as nice as they are, probably shouldn?t be positing them in this thread. Some people will skim read or haven?t taken the time to process it all and now we?ve got more lettering mockups for people to be disappointed about not happening. I don?t see a benefit for adding designs in here for what could have been or what people would like. It?s pointless.

i agree about the the first part of your post regarding consistency.

As for folk doing mock ups, it's a fans forum so for me no problems with it...as long as people see it for what it is, a mock up.

Some photos I took earlier today

Silver cladding by the Roseburn end being added now

253590_1.jpg

637663_2.jpg

835278_3.jpg

812432_4.jpg

953115_5.jpg

Edited by kila

New pictures please! Do they lazy buggers not work on Sundays!?

Edit: Kila is clearly on the ball!

Edited by Jambos_1874

The aesthetic lighting when the stand is not in use afterhours will really give the stand a great look when finished.(assuming we are going to do that?).

New pictures please! Do they lazy buggers not work on Sundays!?

Edit: Kila is clearly on the ball!

A few workmen on site

Several picture takers too

Some photos I took earlier today

Silver cladding by the Roseburn end being added now

253590_1.jpg

637663_2.jpg

835278_3.jpg

812432_4.jpg

953115_5.jpg

Great stuff Kila, thanks for this.

Psychedelicropcircle

Silly question that may have been asked already, do we have workers in at the weekend?

Silly question that may have been asked already, do we have workers in at the weekend?

Not many appeared to be in yesterday.

Pasquale Bruno

That's what i was thinking,looks like a bit of a narrow gap for the players!

Christian Nade and Zeefuik no coming back then.

Seriously do think our new stand will have a tunnel that's too tight?

Pasquale Bruno

That's what i was thinking,looks like a bit of a narrow gap for the players!

Unknown user

It looks to be 4 seats wide going by the one in the Wheatfield (someone said that were the same size)- that's really not that wide

Why are we using grey strips between the grey panels on the front but maroon strips between the grey panels at the sides?

Because that?s how it was designed. I imagine the thinking is that the glass is the focal point of the front of the building. Since we?ve scrapped the glass curtain, leaving the face caps grey, or I think I read they?ll be white, allows the the entire front to appear as one. On the sides the maroon and red panels are the focal point, so it makes sense for those face caps to be maroon to blend it together. From the drawings it looks like the skybar will be capped maroon too. It?s a nice touch I hadn?t noticed before.

upload-c8aae230-2b5b-11e7-96e2-a36236569

Pasquale Bruno

It looks to be 4 seats wide going by the one in the Wheatfield (someone said that were the same size)- that's really not that wide

You remind me of the wife when we were getting an extension, wringing her hands and stressing over every detail.

Because that?s how it was designed. I imagine the thinking is that the glass is the focal point of the front of the building. Since we?ve scrapped the glass curtain, leaving the face caps grey, or I think I read they?ll be white, allows the the entire front to appear as one. On the sides the maroon and red panels are the focal point, so it makes sense for those face caps to be maroon to blend it together. From the drawings it looks like the skybar will be capped maroon too. It?s a nice touch I hadn?t noticed before.

upload-c8aae230-2b5b-11e7-96e2-a36236569

How has this Hibs not been punted?

Every single post he wants to mention that the glass curtain has gone, despite the fact this it's there for all to see.

Unknown user

You remind me of the wife when we were getting an extension, wringing her hands and stressing over every detail.

Think you're projecting there bud, I simply noticed from another photo that the space was about four seats wide and thought it wasn't that wide.

No hand wringing going on here

How has this Hibs not been punted?

Every single post he wants to mention that the glass curtain has gone, despite the fact this it's there for all to see.

Bit of confusion on the terms he uses - the glass curtainwall is installed - the ?glass curtain? is the big sweeping glass baffle shown on the very early computer generated images.