New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Three badges in the Wheatfield seats?? Amateurs!

I blame that arsehole Thomaso :D

Guilty as charged!

All roads lead to Gorgie

:lol:

Flag debates, definite no no.

Recent pole debate didn't go well.

We'll give it a miss, to be safe.

:flagwave: Testing testing. If you don't hear from me for a while then flags are out.  :tiny: 

Based on the plans I think it?s more likely to look like this? Hopefully posting the image right.

zkn2GDe.jpg

Absolutely stunning mate. 

Hackney Hearts

The lettering will not be that big - it will be the same size as shown on the last artists impression issued by the Club.

Needs to comply with planning requirements seemingly.

Shame. Why would planning have a problem with the size of the lettering? As long as it's not bigger than the building, obviously.

Shame. Why would planning have a problem with the size of the lettering? As long as it's not bigger than the building, obviously.

Because it might look a tad overbearing?

Based on the plans I think it?s more likely to look like this? Hopefully posting the image right.

zkn2GDe.jpg

Neither the badge or the lettering is big enough, i hope its not this size.

Is there still going to be scoreboards or screens added to the stadium its all went a bit quiet on that front

Not a priority for a while I imagine.

Hackney Hearts

Because it might look a tad overbearing?

That's a very subjective word. Is the the Hollywood sign overbearing or iconic?

The reaction on here to the artist's impression certainly wouldn't indicate that people think it's OTT. But maybe a compromise - those same style letters, marginally smaller, running the length of the sky lounge, but underneath, along the top set of grey panels.

That looks amazing. If the lettering isn't going to be like that it would be good if they stopped artist impressions making it look so good. I think that was a big part of the curtain wall disappointment.

Release amazing impression and then build something lesser.

Under promise over deliver should be heeded.

You do realise that this wasn?t released by the Club?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Neither the badge or the lettering is big enough, i hope its not this size.

The size of the crest and lettering is all as the final artists impression released months ago.

As I said before the size of signage must meet the approval of the Council Planning Dept.

That's a very subjective word. Is the the Hollywood sign overbearing or iconic?

The reaction on here to the artist's impression certainly wouldn't indicate that people think it's OTT. But maybe a compromise - those same style letters, marginally smaller, running the length of the sky lounge, but underneath, along the top set of grey panels.

Too late - the lettering and crest are already manufacted

You would need to ask the wise men who sit on the Councils planning committee.

Yes it was - you can buy cards and posters in the Club shop :thumbsup:

A few pics from lunchtime today. Monoblock looks all but finished, cladding going on the back of the seating area, and the ground floor entrances look to be nearing completion. 

04_original.jpg?v73223591837051

06_original.jpg?v73223591837051

05_original.jpg?v73223591837051

07_original.jpg?v73223591837051

Edited by JALBO

Yes it was - you can buy cards and posters in the Club shop :thumbsup:

Oh! I thought it was taken from some random on twitter!

Hackney Hearts

Too late - the lettering and crest are already manufacted

Yes, I assumed that was the case. I was just musing. I had thought that the scale and design of these items was down to us, our budget etc - I didn't realise Planning had been so prescriptive, which I find annoying as it's an aesthetic issue and I personally think, given the scale of the building, the lettering is a bit on the mean side. 

And the lettering size is 100% accurate, as in the picture above?

6 panels wide?

Hope not cause that's going to look terrible.

Might as well not bother with the lettering at all as the lettering will look so small in relation to the stand.

22279764_1950574768547651_74555044635277

From Tom Lamb on fb

They should leave the plastic on the seats for the first game, to deal with all the excitement from us sitting in our new seats for the first time in our brand spanking new stand.

tenor.gif

I thought Portobello Hearts Twitter was the official club page. Apologies.

I thought Portobello Hearts Twitter was the official club page. Apologies.

No need for the apology. Seems like these pictures are on sale in the Club shop!

Different Class

:lol: :lol: :lol:

As soon as I saw the pic with the big letters I could see it descending into the latest outrage on here. The size of the badge and lettering was clearly visible on images released by the club months ago, and wasn?t an issue with anyone until a ****ing zoomed in picture on a Christmas card comes out...

No need for the apology. Seems like these pictures are on sale in the Club shop!

Ah okay seems a bit odd then.

I just clicked on the link before without reading what it was too.

Hackney Hearts

As soon as I saw the pic with the big letters I could see it descending into the latest outrage on here. The size of the badge and lettering was clearly visible on images released by the club months ago, and wasn?t an issue with anyone until a ****ing zoomed in picture on a Christmas card comes out...

:lol:  I'm not sure it 'wasn't an issue with anyone' - I think it was bubbling under nicely just waiting for Christmas card-gate...

Anyway, I don't think it will look 'terrible' (as someone suggested above) - we have to accept that there will always be details that could be better with an unlimited budget and no (daft in this case) planning constraints.

Bazzas right boot

It's going to look great.

Looking forward to every game but the pm kick off, Xmas, hibs, the place will look great and be rocking.

zkn2GDe.jpg

first post and a lovely mock up picture - hmmmm

It is a bit confusing when there?s so many different variations going around though. The official twitter account released a really old version recently that still includes the glass curtain even though we scrapped it, and the front crest is the wrong size. Don?t blame people for getting excited then disappointed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts/status/915193883004416000/video/1

We didn't "scrap" the glass curtain, that is a glass curtain-wall. We simply had to remove the side overhangs due to planning regulations. 

The only people who will be ultimately disappointed with the final result of the rebuild will be hibs fans who had hoped for a tesco or something closer to their crappy ikea stands. 

Still, at least they still have their "crest on the west".

GOHI6gl.gif

And of course the Hibs badge is cut out of the steelwork on the Albion Road end stand.

Unfortunately it's the old "beer label" badge that they dumped not long after building the stand.

Montgomery Brewster

We didn't "scrap" the glass curtain, that is a glass curtain-wall. We simply had to remove the side overhangs due to planning regulations.

The only people who will be ultimately disappointed with the final result of the rebuild will be hibs fans who had hoped for a tesco or something closer to their crappy ikea stands.

GOHI6gl.gif

Correct. Fth

Unknown user

We didn't "scrap" the glass curtain, that is a glass curtain-wall. We simply had to remove the side overhangs due to planning regulations.

GOHI6gl.gif

To be fair it's an entirely different type of glass curtain, it's not just that the overhangs were removed.

Thomaso confirmed we ended up going for a cheaper option then the one on that rendering.

And the lettering size is 100% accurate, as in the picture above?

6 panels wide?

That image was a mock up by a JKBr was it not? The crest and lettering will be as per the artists impression officially released by the Club a few months ago.

Edited by Thomaso

It is a bit confusing when there?s so many different variations going around though. The official twitter account released a really old version recently that still includes the glass curtain even though we scrapped it, and the front crest is the wrong size. Don?t blame people for getting excited then disappointed.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JamTarts/status/915193883004416000/video/1

Our PR Dept really need to get their act together!!! They are using a computer generated concept design drawing that is totally out of date!!!!

Edited by Thomaso

I thought the original glass wall sat in front of the current fascia? That?s what was in the original artists impression. It?s an impression obviously so was never going to be accurate. But if what you?re saying is right does that mean we almost had 2 glass curtain walls?

I think it will be great once completed and people are naturally going to poke holes during the construction. I just wish the club would manage expectations better or at least be more consistent with what they?re releasing. I don?t see why the social media team are using old artists impressions to showcase the stand when there are more up to date and accurate images. Makes no sense.

I don?t think any supporter will be disappointed come the big opening. Would have to be a proper cynic to turn your nose up at a brilliant new stand. You can?t blame anyone for being a bit disappointed at the shortcomings during construction though. Particularly with raised expectations coming from official club accounts.

I have to agree with all that.

weather wise I think we have been lucky as not really rained that much lately and next week to be ok.

I dread to think how far behind we would be if it had rained most of the summer

That?s saying the weather holds things back mind

weather wise I think we have been lucky as not really rained that much lately and next week to be ok.

I dread to think how far behind we would be if it had rained most of the summer

That?s saying the weather holds things back mind

It has rained most of the summer,obviously you have been nowhere near tynecastle.

zkn2GDe.jpg

:rofl:

If the club have allowed that artists impression out the bag and are then going to serve us up anything like that then that?s the biggest kick in the teeth ever :lol:

Surely to **** the letters are big.

That image was a mock up by a JKBr was it not? The crest and lettering will be as per the artists impression officially released by the Club a few months ago.

Can you re-post it mate in case I have missed the one in question? Least if its been posted by you I know it won?t be far off the final product.

Different Class

If the club have allowed that artists impression out the bag and are then going to serve us up anything like that then that?s the biggest kick in the teeth ever :lol:

It?s a Christmas card.

It?s very zoomed in.

?Surely to ****? you?ve seen all the pictures officially released by the club and already know what size it?s going to be.

Kick in the teeth :rofl:

Walter Bishop

Couldn't agree more. The picture on the xmas card is unreal and if commissioned by the club why have it any different?

A tiny wee badge and letters will look ridiculous.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Architects like to create attractive images, models and plans.

They need watching.

Is that you Prince Charles ?

It definitely will. But at the moment we?re still playing at Murrayfield and we?re still being fed imagery that doesn?t match the official imagery. It?s pretty confusing. No one would be disappointed if the club had just been honest about the changes they?ve made.

Here?s another crude mock-up of the badge and lettering size from the plaza to give an idea.

japa0EDl.jpg

Confusing if you haven't got a brain. One is a Photoshopped Christmas card with letters the size of the famous "HOLLYWOOD" stuck on the front of the stand blocking the prized view across to the castle? The other is made up by a mutant, sister loving Hibs ****wit.

This is official artists impression and what the final stand will look like. Anything else is outdated or uses a bit of creative licence (ie the Christmas card).

upload-c8aae230-2b5b-11e7-96e2-a36236569

The other one I posted is just the current stand with the text and badge pasted over in exactly the place it will be.

zkn2GDe.jpg

Cheers.