New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

maroonlegions

I'm going to guess all maroon. Just a feeling.

Would love a big HMFC, or maroon and white alternate blocks.

What about a big FTH . 5-1 .. 

The gap between the seats looks about 19mm to me and I'm sure the minimum for it to be UEFA compliant is 25m, can someone get a ruler and check this?

Fully expect this to be posted on weeteam.net by greenminger as fact

Won?t get many seats in at 25m apart Edited by BelgeJambo

jambo-in-furness

The gap between the seats looks about 19mm to me and I'm sure the minimum for it to be UEFA compliant is 25m, can someone get a ruler and check this?

Fully expect this to be posted on weeteam.net by greenminger as fact

25m ?????????? I'd heard some of us were a little on the large side but twenty five metres ffs, I'm on a diet.

We really are spoiled in these modern times with regard to the speed of photograph/media distribution.

Years ago meant spool purchase from the chemist, correct insertion of spool, snap away until spool's finished, return to chemist for development, 3 days later Argh! 24 watery, insipid shots, wrong setting.

Piece o pish these days.

Great appreciation to all sharing their photo's.  :clap:

Stephen Muddie

To be fair if the curry stand heads over to the new stand then 25m a seat seems fair

Make a lingery pie fart seem like a summer bouquet

Francis Albert

From the pictures it looks like the seats are individual and not like the old ones metallically joined in such a way as to prevent them being separated from each other when we demolish the new stand. Great news for

souvenir hunters in 50 or 100 years or whenever who want to buy their seat.

Incidentally has the design life of the new stand ever been stated?

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Quick question, folks.  Do we know yet if the new stand will be open for the Killie game?  I'm be coming up to Edinburgh that weekend and would love to get a ticket in the new stand if I can.

Yes.

Yes we know or yes it is?  Or both?  (Aye, pedantry is alive and well here in Sheffield  :2thumbsup:  ). 

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

From the pictures it looks like the seats are individual and not like the old ones metallically joined in such a way as to prevent them being separated from each other when we demolish the new stand. Great news for

According to .net about 20-30 years.

Cannae wait to read on .net what's wrong with the seats. Have to wait though. Busy day ahead followed by liquid evening.

Cannae wait to read on .net what's wrong with the seats. Have to wait though. Busy day ahead followed by liquid evening.

Just had a look.

It's the usual mix of the feeble minded, the lonely and borderline nutcases.

maroonlegions

Just had a look.

It's the usual mix of the feeble minded, the lonely and borderline nutcases.

Sounds like the recent Tory party conference..  :jj:

So we would need to change the seats every time we change our kit manufacturer???

Pretty sure the manufacturer would pick up the tab if this happened.

Yes we know or yes it is? Or both? (Aye, pedantry is alive and well here in Sheffield :2thumbsup: ).

Yes it is on track for that date.

I like a bit of pedantry....... :-)

Francis Albert

According to .net about 20-30 years.

Great. I think I remember our other three stands were supposed to have a 25 year design life. I reckon with reasonable maintenance they are good for another 50 years if we need them that long.

station_jambo

will there be a handrail along the edge of that bottom row? seems quite a large step to the walkway

Think it will be like the other stands adfd0032c982a4aa56d6dc675ef4eca3.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Yes it is on track for that date.

I like a bit of pedantry....... :-)

When you say "pedantry", what do you mean exactly?  :whistling:

Edited by Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Sounds like the recent Tory party conference..  :jj:

I laughed at that.  Apologies for going off topic.

King Of The Cat Cafe

Are they going to keep the plastic over them to keep them nice (like my granny did with her new settee)?

My dad used to keep the polythene bags on the seats for ages after he changed cars...

...a bit disco

Too close together and not enough legroom it would seem.

Poor us. Conned again.

22279764_1950574768547651_74555044635277

From Tom Lamb on fb

Workman sat on a seat in this photo!! Quality! Wonder what he's thinking to himself!! ? ...."Funny looking Tesco this?"

Not as exciting as whats going on inside but here's a few from today 

Cheers, all pictures much appreciated.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Good to see the anti slip surface has been added to the Gorgie interior now and not just the concourses. 

Pretty sure the manufacturer would pick up the tab if this happened.

In the strip manufacturing business are you?

Yes it has. With proper maintenance the stand will last well into next century..............do you think someone asked the same question when Bertie was built?

Yes it has. With proper maintenance the stand will last well into next century..............do you think someone asked the same question when Bertie was built?

Probably another Hibs supporter.

Bazzas right boot

Very fast work.

Not sure if this has been posted already but there?s some changes to the plans on the CEC Planning site dated 3rd October. Nothing too exciting but the plans now show changes to the turnstiles and the plaza. 5ad7d907fda9b35bf1c5fd17698960bc.png848a09eca47aac63aae27dc0647cbaba.png0bf2f31734fa9989d78ee8f1b254f5e3.pngece3832469e5f75e8ce5d9fecd971e86.pngOnly one badge in the paving!

There?s other stuff showing location and construction of electrical installations. Maybe the planning for future resizing/removal of the stadium control room!?!

Edited by Drewboy

Not sure if this has been posted already but there?s some changes to the plans on the CEC Planning site dated 3rd October. Nothing too exciting but the plans now show changes to the turnstiles and the plaza. 5ad7d907fda9b35bf1c5fd17698960bc.png848a09eca47aac63aae27dc0647cbaba.png0bf2f31734fa9989d78ee8f1b254f5e3.pngece3832469e5f75e8ce5d9fecd971e86.pngOnly one badge in the paving!

There?s other stuff showing location and construction of electrical installations. Maybe the planning for future resizing/removal of the stadium control room!?!

Great spot. It appears that while we have lost the 2nd badge, flag poles and benches, we have gained a Christmas tree with lights!

Buffalo Bill

22196450_10155255151187917_8090257058647

One for Thomaso, perhaps...

Is the top part of the maroon and red sections going to get maroon cappings added to it like the bottom half? 

Or are they going to be left white?

Workman sat on a seat in this photo!! Quality! Wonder what he's thinking to himself!! ? ...."Funny looking Tesco this?"

Of course he's sitting.

Might spill his tea, otherwise. ;)

The Portobello Hearts twitter page tweeted the following artists impression. Apparently it's being used on some Christmas promotional material. 754dcfea7eb85fa413300e8d000a1b0e.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

kingantti1874

The Portobello Hearts twitter page tweeted the following artists impression. Apparently it's being used on some Christmas promotional material. 754dcfea7eb85fa413300e8d000a1b0e.jpg

Is the lettering going to be that big? I hope so.. Stunning

I really hope the lettering will be that big and illuminated like that!

Had pictured it being smaller than that. Not sure if that was just my imagination or I'd seen an artists impression with smaller letters.

Is the lettering going to be that big? I hope so.. Stunning

Indeed. That big lettering will look incredible!

I'd assumed it was just going to be like the old "Tynecastle Stadium" one...

. Absolutely breathtaking

Love it. I didn't realise we were going to be able to see the lettering from space though. Hope that's how it's going to look.

I really hope they have ?Tynecastle Park? as big as that.

Thats would be a big a ?GIRFUY? to the Tesco Tick Tock brigade.

scott herbertson

Good grief

Hadn't appreciated the size or impact of the lettering. That's a thing of beauty!