New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Francis Albert

Architects like to create attractive images, models and plans.

They need watching.

No building ever looks as good as the architect's/artist's impression. It is the First Law of Architecture.

Nevertheless I think the finished article will look very good.  And from inside the ground, where it really matters, magnificent.

Edited by Francis Albert

A quick photoshop I did of what the Hearts xmas thing should've been   :whistling:

Before:

701317_0.jpg

After:

990606_a1343.jpg

no one worried the nursery isn't finished or the Gorgie/Main stand concourse doesn't exist in the above xmas card/poster?  :thumbsdown:   :wink:

A quick photoshop I did of what the Hearts xmas thing should've been :whistling:

Before:

701317_0.jpg

After:

990606_a1343.jpg

Still looks the mutts danglies to me.

They could smear the words Tynecastle Park in sh1te for all I care. It's still our Tynecastle and I for one can't wait to seat my seat in it. :D

No building ever looks as good as the architect's/artist's impression. It is the First Law of Architecture.

Nevertheless I think the finished article will look very good. And from inside the ground, where it really matters, magnificent.

MacDonald Jardine

Eh that's not exactly what he said is it ?

Seems a reasonable thought to me.

It's pretty much what he said

Like road markings?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Nevertheless I think the finished article will look very good. And from inside the ground, where it really matters, magnificent.

Well knock me down with a feather! FA are you turning?

MacDonald Jardine

The other three stands look too solid to ever become a problem so on that basis I doubt we'll have issues with it in our lifetime

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

You are kidding.

The Wheatfield could do with a bit of work now.

Mainly maintenance admittedly.

MacDonald Jardine

We lost to the Hobbits when the wheatfield opened 1-0 might have been the end of the 22 in a row match i think

I don't think it was. I'm sure there was terracing for that game.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

No one can guarantee 100% at the moment still a lot to do,but don't listen to the hibees whispers.

How confident on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 the highest.

Just to reiterate a scale of 1-5

Ricardo Shillyshally

Thankfully none of us will be travelling to Tynie in Santa's sleigh so the huge letters looking good from the sky will be irrelevant

Edited by Boo Khaki

Bazzas right boot

The Christmas card is a nice picture, but imagine how ostentatious those letters would look from street level, if they were real.

I'm sure that the real finished article will look fine when viewed in context with the completed stand and plaza.

Yip, you couldn't read it unless your were flying a plane....

Does the job for the card, as it's from above, small signage- too small for the card and be hard to read.

Was going to say that, quite obvious.

Why do all retail units have Thier name quite small in context to the building?

It's so you can read it when standing outside.

Common sense.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Can you re-post it mate in case I have missed the one in question? Least if its been posted by you I know it won?t be far off the final product.

It has appeared here on numerous occasions - it started off life as the 'pub drawing' when someone got a hold of a copy and posted it on here.

You are kidding.

The Wheatfield could do with a bit of work now.

Mainly maintenance admittedly.

Nothing wrong with the main structure of the Wheatfield - the steelwork, concrete, cladding, etc, are all sound and will last for many years.

It will require painting and regular maintenance as with any building.

MacDonald Jardine

Nothing wrong with the main structure of the Wheatfield - the steelwork, concrete, cladding, etc, are all sound and will last for many years.

It will require painting and regular maintenance as with any building.

And it badly needs it.

Buffalo Bill

It has appeared here on numerous occasions - it started off life as the 'pub drawing' when someone got a hold of a copy and posted it on here.

upload-c8aae230-2b5b-11e7-96e2-a36236569

Fxxx the SPFL

can't wait for the first game on November fifth and the finished article later. We should all be very proud of what we have all achieved.

I would have preferred the top line to say "Heart of Midlothian Football Club" then the badge below, and "Tynecastle Park" underneath.

Don't like not having the club name.

And it badly needs it.

Indeed - but that is not a 'design life' issue which was being debated.

MacDonald Jardine

Indeed - but that is not a 'design life' issue which was being debated.

I did qualify my post by saying that but there's no question the regular maintenance hasn't happened for a few years.

And they say you moan all the time FA.....totally agree.

3fingersreid

If -and I?m still confident it will be- it?s not ready for 5th November and perhaps for a few weeks after that , would the club consider freezing the price again for another year before introducing the gradual price increase ?

I know getting the stand paid for and keeping the ST holders happy is a hell of a balancing act but I?m just wondering what the general view is ?

Hackney Hearts

Tesco (ironically) seem to be allowed signage at least twice the size of ours - this is their branch in Sighthill...

22679496.jpg

Different rules for some?

I did qualify my post by saying that but there's no question the regular maintenance hasn't happened for a few years.

No argument from me on that

This is official artists impression and what the final stand will look like. Anything else is outdated or uses a bit of creative licence (ie the Christmas card).

The other one I posted is just the current stand with the text and badge pasted over in exactly the place it will be.

zkn2GDe.jpg

Your Hibs. As is confirmed in sister.net

Tesco (ironically) seem to be allowed signage at least twice the size of ours - this is their branch in Sighthill...

22679496.jpg

You want THAT size of lettering at Tynecastle????

Excuse me? What have I said that makes you say that? That?s the stand. That?s how it looks. That?s what the size of the lettering and badge will be. All facts. What are you taking exception to? Thomaso has agreed with all of my points. Is he hibs too?

Must admit I was a bit baffled at his accusation of Hibby-ness.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope

Thankfully none of us will be travelling to Tynie in Santa's sleigh so the huge letters looking good from the sky will be irrelevant

But they would have helped the pilot of the plane with the "Levein and Budge OOT" banner locate the ground.

That?s a proper mock-up. Wonder if the creator could do it with the full lettering in the top space? Probably not out of fear of being hibs.

I didn?t even criticise the stand. On the contrary. Purely showed the actual size of the lettering off the back of the Christmas card confusion to clear it all up. More critical of the marketing of the stand than the stand itself.

As I am.

Bazzas right boot

22679496.jpg

Tesco is 4 letters.

Use a bit sense and logic.

Lol, 5 letters.

Not even going to delete it. I laughed.

Edited by BigDave'sHeed

Tesco is 4 letters.

Use a bit sense and logic.

Lol, 5 letters.

Not even going to delete it. I laughed.

you will live to regret that statement  ;-0

Bazzas right boot

you will live to regret that statement ;-0

I deserve it, wasn't even a typo.

Point stands tho.

Tynecastle park is more letters... I think.

All roads lead to Gorgie

22679496.jpg

Likely to be a closer to the city centre rule. Wasn't there a Starbucks at Palmerston Place where they couldn't put their normal signage on the exterior so it was nearly impossible to tell it was a coffee shop. It is now closed probably due to lack of customers being aware it was there.

Hackney Hearts

You want THAT size of lettering at Tynecastle????

Probably not, no. I'm just wondering what the 'Planning' stipulations are.  Or if they exist.

Edit: I'm not sure why you've used 4 question marks - there seemed to be a lot of love for the Christmas card version of the letters!

Edited by Hackney Hearts

Hackney Hearts

Likely to be a closer to the city centre rule. Wasn't there a Starbucks at Palmerston Place where they couldn't put their normal signage on the exterior so it was nearly impossible to tell it was a coffee shop. It is now closed probably due to lack of customers being aware it was there.

This may be the case. But if (heaven forbid) Tynecastle had made way for a McLeod Street Tesco, I'm pretty sure they would have had their normal sized signage.