New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Love it. I didn't realise we were going to be able to see the lettering from space though. Hope that's how it's going to look.

The letters better be transparent as it will block some views of the school.

The Portobello Hearts twitter page tweeted the following artists impression. Apparently it's being used on some Christmas promotional material. 754dcfea7eb85fa413300e8d000a1b0e.jpg

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Please please please let it be so!!!!

I bet that's a Christmas card

The perfect gift for the Hibernian supporter in your life.

:jjyay:

Different Class

Trying to not get too excited about those massive letters as they?ve not been on any official plan. But that looks absolutely amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Portobello Hearts twitter page tweeted the following artists impression. Apparently it's being used on some Christmas promotional material. 754dcfea7eb85fa413300e8d000a1b0e.jpg

Oh. My. Word.

That looks incredible!

However, I doubt the lettering will be like this as it looks like it?s positioned on top of the edge of the balcony!

Very much doubt the lettering will be that big, shame.

The lettering will not be that big - it will be the same size as shown on the last artists impression issued by the Club.

Needs to comply with planning requirements seemingly.

scott herbertson

The lettering will not be that big - it will be the same size as shown on the last artists impression issued by the Club.

Needs to comply with planning requirements seemingly.

Ah well .... it was good while it lasted!

22196450_10155255151187917_8090257058647

One for Thomaso, perhaps...

Is the top part of the maroon and red sections going to get maroon cappings added to it like the bottom half?

Or are they going to be left white?

All parapet copings are in Maroon.

By the way the face caps to the Skyline Restaurant, and the ground floor screens/doors are all in maroon.

I really hope the lettering will be that big and illuminated like that!

Had pictured it being smaller than that. Not sure if that was just my imagination or I'd seen an artists impression with smaller letters.

You did

Anybody that calls a fellow JKBr an "arsehole" comes across as a bit of a "dick"......

As for a manufacturers name splashed all over the seats of our new stand - no thanks - unless they were paying us serious wonga to do so!

All I said was that I doubt we'd cover the cost. "Arsehole" is fully justified with your "arsehole" response.

Yes it's holding the sections together. Do you think we will get the completion certificate ok?

Oh! thank you, glad you never took this as a jape, was worried for a mo. You seem to ken more than me, what's your perception with regard to the certification of completion...when ever that is, goal post keep moving, sorry for the pun.

The Future's Maroon

So we would need to change the seats every time we change our kit manufacturer???

Lots of clubs do it now, and I doubt it would be a massive job and of course for extra cash. It was just a suggestion, and yes I'd expect the kit suppliers to pay for it.

Changing the seats every few seasons for cash is surely something the club will have considered, or I would at least expect it's been brought up in conversation at some point.

Note: I was also referring to the future, not it being done for November.

The lettering is going to be a disappointment now isn't it.

:sob:

It's like the glass facade* all over again.

Can't we have a no time, no budget, no planning constraints programme?

:)

What's being put in is fantastic but that artists impression of the huge curved super glass facade was super fantastic.

Edited by DETTY29

Lots of clubs do it now, and I doubt it would be a massive job and of course for extra cash. It was just a suggestion, and yes I'd expect the kit suppliers to pay for it.

Changing the seats every few seasons for cash is surely something the club will have considered, or I would at least expect it's been brought up in conversation at some point.

Note: I was also referring to the future, not it being done for November.

As long as my seat is a maroon one.

Oh! thank you, glad you never took this as a jape, was worried for a mo. You seem to ken more than me, what's your perception with regard to the certification of completion...when ever that is, goal post keep moving, sorry for the pun.

I assumed you were joking and responded accordingly. It does actually look like duck tape which is a bit naff really. Maybe building control will refuse a completion certificate until we change to a better quality duck tape. :sunny:

Unknown user

Three badges in the Wheatfield seats?? Amateurs!

I blame that arsehole Thomaso :D

Edited by ManMoth

I think some off the undersides of the seats should be white so it spells out   F  T  H   in HUGE letters when the seats are vacated :)

fabienleclerq

All I said was that I doubt we'd cover the cost. "Arsehole" is fully justified with your "arsehole" response.

You want a Valium?

My guess is the lettering has been rendered to this ridiculous size because at this distance, the true size of the lettering would be indiscernible.

My guess is the lettering has been rendered to this ridiculous size because at this distance, the true size of the lettering would be indiscernible.

At least this would allow the patrons in the lounge to see the 'CASTLE'.

All roads lead to Gorgie

At least this would allow the patrons in the lounge to see the 'CASTLE'.

They would see the 'ELTSAC' as they looked out onto the back of the huge lettering.  :sunny: 

I went to the monthly service for the unveiling of new plaques at the memorial garden yesterday. Managed to get a couple of the new seat installed . 122f879c8171d2c1f9c4d011f9c5cc47.jpg07f3119196f1646f12f7e83520513545.jpg

That looks incredible!

However, I doubt the lettering will be like this as it looks like it?s positioned on top of the edge of the balcony!

That looks amazing. If the lettering isn't going to be like that it would be good if they stopped artist impressions making it look so good. I think that was a big part of the curtain wall disappointment.

Release amazing impression and then build something lesser.

Under promise over deliver should be heeded.

Unknown user

That looks amazing. If the lettering isn't going to be like that it would be good if they stopped artist impressions making it look so good. I think that was a big part of the curtain wall disappointment.

Release amazing impression and then build something lesser.

Under promise over deliver should be heeded.

Yep, the very cornerstone of keeping your customers sweet, always pleasantly surprise them.

Tbh it's been noted that whoever communicates on behalf of the club really doesn't seem to know this one.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Bollocks. Ach well, it was a nice thought.

It wouldn't even read as Eltsac with the letters reversed, maybe something Russian looking to remind us of, well you know who I mean. :tiny: 

Hackney Hearts

It appears that while we have lost the 2nd badge, flag poles and benches, we have gained a Christmas tree with lights!

Hope we haven't lost the flag poles at the entrance, was looking forward to that.

(Are we allowed a flag pole debate?)

Bridge of Djoum

I really hope they have ?Tynecastle Park? as big as that.

Thats would be a big a ?GIRFUY? to the Tesco Tick Tock brigade.

A Hibs ''friend' of mine referred to it as ''Tescocastle"" the other day.

I really must keep in contact with him more, if just for his witticism.

I would remind him about the TK MAXX just behind their dump if I were you.

...a bit disco

The surprise is that he could string that many syllables together.

Bridge of Djoum

Quality goods at affordable prices, but.

Bridge of Djoum

The surprise is that he could string that many syllables together.

I'm thinking his carer gave him assistance.

jambo-in-furness

Here?s a couple more 8110084bc65f8a3f1bbd2be53c29f249.jpg981a91547c54b84173f357f674e01e14.jpg

How ironic that four of the first seats fitted are the restricted view due to the police control area.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Too good a company to be located there, the sooner Poundland take over that unit the better.

Brick Tamland

Hairs on the back of my neck up with that - outstanding if it will look like that.

Office block some say?

Hope we haven't lost the flag poles at the entrance, was looking forward to that.

(Are we allowed a flag pole debate?)

:lol:

Flag debates, definite no no.

Recent pole debate didn't go well.

We'll give it a miss, to be safe.