The Wheatfield Tunnel

Howdy Doody Jambo

Howdy Doody Jambo

Anybody know the drst numbers that are being removed for the new tunnel

Prince Buaben

My question is.. Once the stand is finished and fitted out are they going to put seats back?

Prince Buaben, on 23 Jun 2017 - 6:42 PM, said:

My question is.. Once the stand is finished and fitted out are they going to put seats back?

you mean the drst's

Howdy Doody Jambo

Put the beer down

i dinnae drink, I've goat a fat typing finger

i take it the new tunnel is section D lower

Tommy Brown

Interested to know where the bench and tech zones will be. They took up a fair bit of the stand in the past.

Means I will be fairly close to them in lower C. Or will they be over in the building site.

How long will they use the Wheatfied.

Interested to know where the bench and tech zones will be. They took up a fair bit of the stand in the past.

Means I will be fairly close to them in lower C. Or will they be over in the building site.

How long will they use the Wheatfied.

Still at main stand side

Arnold Rothstein

Would it not just have been better to bring the players in at a corner instead of dismantling part of the stand?

FarmerTweedy

i dinnae drink, I've goat a fat typing finger

i take it the new tunnel is section D lower

F Upper I think!

jamboinglasgow

Would it not just have been better to bring the players in at a corner instead of dismantling part of the stand?

Dont think so, the floodlights down right in the middle of the corner, so you cant build a tunnel there.

Tynecastle_Stadium_2007.jpg

Arnold Rothstein

Dont think so, the floodlights down right in the middle of the corner, so you cant build a tunnel there.

Yeah but does it need to be a tunnel given it's only a temporary measure? There must be some route they could have used.

Yeah but does it need to be a tunnel given it's only a temporary measure? There must be some route they could have used.

The changing rooms are under the Wheatfield and will be used for a good few games. What alternative route can you think of? Them running out the back of the Wheatfield, up onto the concourse, out into the stand then down the stairs and hoping over the barrier?

Arnold Rothstein

The changing rooms are under the Wheatfield and will be used for a good few games. What alternative route can you think of? Them running out the back of the Wheatfield, up onto the concourse, out into the stand then down the stairs and hoping over the barrier?

I kind of assumed there was a bit of a gap at the bottom of the corners. Actually doesn't appear to be the case. I'd be up for your suggestion though; adds a gameshow feel to proceedings. "Heart of Midlothian, come on down!"

I kind of assumed there was a bit of a gap at the bottom of the corners. Actually doesn't appear to be the case. I'd be up for your suggestion though; adds a gameshow feel to proceedings. "Heart of Midlothian, come on down!"

Jon Daly could take the stair sessions in training

Hearts said the tunnel would be under the wheatfield months ago due to construction works as a temporary spot until the new stand is built . So, what's the problem ?

It's currently the space for the tv camera so there won't be too many seats removed beneath the current platform

Arnold Rothstein

Hearts said the tunnel would be under the wheatfield months ago due to construction works as a temporary spot until the new stand is built . So, what's the problem ?

Not sure anyone has suggested there is one?

Howdy Doody Jambo

It's currently the space for the tv camera so there won't be too many seats removed beneath the current platform

That makes good sense shouldn't cost too many seats shame fir those who will have to move though

JiG. No need for a tunnel, just make them clamber through the supports of the floodlight structure. :uhoh2:

I can remember (a long time ago!) visiting Anfield, home of Stirling Albion & the players used to come on to the pitch via wooden steps from what looked like a hotel in the corner of the ground

Some of the other "old team" on this forum might be able to provide a better explanation as I was only a youngster at the time!

J.T.F.Robertson

That makes good sense shouldn't cost too many seats shame fir those who will have to move though

They should look on it as a privilege. ;)

J.T.F.Robertson

JiG. No need for a tunnel, just make them clamber through the supports of the floodlight structure. :uhoh2:

I can remember (a long time ago!) visiting Anfield, home of Stirling Albion & the players used to come on to the pitch via wooden steps from what looked like a hotel in the corner of the ground

Some of the other "old team" on this forum might be able to provide a better explanation as I was only a youngster at the time!

At Broomfield we came oot a hoose. (well, it looked like one)

At Broomfield we came oot a hoose. (well, it looked like one)

21142607478.jpg

Dat's da one.

I hated that place, it was certainly unique though

image.jpg

J.T.F.Robertson

image.jpg

I wouldn't say I hated it, loads of bother at times though.

The "hoose" isn't quite up to Craven Cottage standard right enough.

Ricardo Shillyshally

Surely that would hinder the work to fill the corners in

It wiz shan, man! :)

stirlingshirejambo

plenty bother at another strange old ground Kilbowie Park, Clydebank. Had what looked like a house at half way line and what looked like offices behind the goal

Still was  classed as an all seater stadium!!!!

plenty bother at another strange old ground Kilbowie Park, Clydebank. Had what looked like a house at half way line and what looked like offices behind the goal

Still was  classed as an all seater stadium!!!!

Wasn't it the only all-seater "stadium" at the time?

Not sure anyone has suggested there is one?

What's the point of the thread then ?? Not sure aye!

image.jpg

Looks like a Chinese takeaway ..... maybe a sit in .

broxburnjambo

Got this from Lawrence Broadie's twitter, looking really good.

DDBnUuCUIAAPlBN.jpg

In answering to Tommy Brown's question. Both sets of dug outs will be to the right of the tunnel as you look at it. (On the left as you come out). The tunnel and dugouts will be used till early 2018 when they will be moved to the new main stand once work is complete.

They could quite easily have shut the area around the shop at 2.30pm then have the players walk past the shop front and through the memorial garden.

There's a door that leads directly onto the pitch from there.

That would have saved them the bother of building the temporary tunnel.

It's possible that there are reasons that I've not thought of but nothing wrong with asking the question.

They could quite easily have shut the area around the shop at 2.30pm then have the players walk past the shop front and through the memorial garden.

It's possible that there are reasons that I've not thought of but nothing wrong with asking the question.

Oh Christ !!

broxburnjambo

Nothing wrong in asking the question. You would however still have a huge support pylon in the way, similar to the issue at the corner of the Gorgie stand.

allystrachan

In answering to Tommy Brown's question. Both sets of dug outs will be to the right of the tunnel as you look at it. (On the left as you come out). The tunnel and dugouts will be used till early 2018 when they will be moved to the new main stand once work is complete.

Surely the dugouts will be in the new stand? It's just the changing facilities that won't be ready for the start of the season hence using the ones under the Wheatfield. Just meant the coaching teams will need to walk over the pitch.

broxburnjambo

Surely the dugouts will be in the new stand? It's just the changing facilities that won't be ready for the start of the season hence using the ones under the Wheatfield. Just meant the coaching teams will need to walk over the pitch.

My understanding is that the dugouts will be in the Wheatfied and in the positions already indicated in my earlier post. This will allow for the new dugouts, a first in British football to be installed in the new main stand.

Lovely new seats in them days with no faded bits.

Fxxx the SPFL

correct we got a wee looky at the Craven Cottage hoose when we played them in the old Texaco cup Bobby Moore walked past us with his boots in his hand and we asked him if we could see the trophy room and he laughed and said Fulham don't have one so I assume they never won anything major other than a lower league.

My understanding is that the dugouts will be in the Wheatfied and in the positions already indicated in my earlier post. This will allow for the new dugouts, a first in British football to be installed in the new main stand.

New dugouts are a first in British football?

HamishMcGonagall

Nothing wrong in asking the question. You would however still have a huge support pylon in the way, similar to the issue at the corner of the Gorgie stand.

The pylon's didn't seem to get in the way of the players coming through that way for the legends games at the family day not so long ago... Doubt we'll miss the few seats being taken out for the tunnel anyway though.

Elias Henry Furst

Further to this. People sat directly behind the dug outs will have their view severely restricted if that's the case?

I also assumed the dug outs would be ready at the Main stand?

Hungry hippo

In what way are they a first?

Saint Jambo

Players come and go between the pitch and the changing rooms from much earlier than 2.30. Also not convinced the door would be wide enough.

As to which side the tunnel is on, that will be interesting. It is normally easy for subs and managers to come and go between changing rooms and bench during the game, which would imply wheat field side would make more sense. But equally, if they are on the wheatfield side will that mean that any manager sent to the stand will have to do a walk of shame across the pitch to breach the directors box or will they be sent right round the outside of the ground.

Archived