New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Steady buddy i did not mean any shit aimed at you.I know the other lads personally but not yourself.Btw i do appreciate youre one of the better posters on here.

No problem AJ - just a bit of banter.

Here's a question...and apologies if it's been asked already. Looking at Novoman's first pic, and aside from the fact there will be some restriction of viewing till the old bill box moves, will the very end of that lower end section be fitted or will the box stop that ?

Thanks in advance.

I posted about this earlier on Sunday after being at Tynecastle for the FOH Plot Ceremony.

I asked Garry from FOH about the Police Box and if it was staying etc and he said that due to the complexities of the IT Equipment, wiring etc that the box would be staying for the rest of this season and no season tickets have been sold directly behind it.

He also said that there is a possibility it may be reduced in size this season and that in the future there may be two viewing areas.

So if someone was to ask about the viability of selling/displaying baked potatoes at Tynecastle for example, you wouldn't consider yourself qualified to answer?

It's all subjective, kidda.

I posted about this earlier on Sunday after being at Tynecastle for the FOH Plot Ceremony.

I asked Garry from FOH about the Police Box and if it was staying etc and he said that due to the complexities of the IT Equipment, wiring etc that the box would be staying for the rest of this season and no season tickets have been sold directly behind it.

He also said that there is a possibility it may be reduced in size this season and that in the future there may be two viewing areas.

Thanks for the reply, mate. It was more to do with the actual structure and it's fitting of, I was wondering about. Only going by pics but it looks like once the box goes, they'll have to finish off the very end of that section.

Thanks for the reply, mate. It was more to do with the actual structure and it's fitting of, I was wondering about. Only going by pics but it looks like once the box goes, they'll have to finish off the very end of that section.

I would imagine that they will just put the seats in place anyway so that it's ready for when they eventually do something with the Police Box.

I would imagine that they will just put the seats in place anyway so that it's ready for when they eventually do something with the Police Box.

If they can , which is my point !

Doesn't look like it.

Bottom steel supports going in now, closely followed by the concrete staging - there will be a huge difference by the end of this week.

Music to our ears Thomaso, delighted. cheers fir that!

Doesn't look like it.

I think they'll have to just build up to the box and if it's removed at a later date, fill in the gap at that point in time!

Great pictures.

A few seats in and were good to go. That bottom bit can GTF anyway.

So what could go in the bottom bit instead? A Pool or long Jacuzzi for the toffs in the new stand, a pram and buggy park for the nursery, answers on a postcard 

Today's pics inferior steel going in ! b4ee5da877d251a7ce62c4d2a371522c.jpge00e09fba215dc8590d8e54c1b81c476.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welll shit! What do you know - They must have left enough room for the bottom section to fit!

Christ, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were professionals who knew what they were doing.

I think they'll have to just build up to the box and if it's removed at a later date, fill in the gap at that point in time!

That's what I was thinking. Not just like knocking down a shed as others have said earlier. Bit of work involved.

Not a disaster....sorry for going on like an old woman !

So what could go in the bottom bit instead? A Pool or long Jacuzzi for the toffs in the new stand, a pram and buggy park for the nursery, answers on a postcard 

Baked tattie stall. 

Welll shit! What do you know - They must have left enough room for the bottom section to fit!

Christ, you'd be forgiven for thinking they were professionals who knew what they were doing.

Unless they've got an apprentice to hacksaw a yard off each beam !

What about the tram line ?

I'm probably answering my own question here but I take it they're holding off on putting in that final section of decking towards the Roseburn end in order to allow access for cranes and other larger vehicles?

On that note, when they finally get round to putting up the wall on that end and closing up the full stand, it's going to look marvellous.

Glad you posted, Sam. What?s your thoughts on this, taken from Hibs.net...?

samcdonald22

23 Sep 2017

samcdonald22, on 23 Sept 2017 - 2:02 PM, said:

cheetah, on 23 Sept 2017 - 1:54 PM, said:

Just passed on the train and it looks amazing, first time I have seen it since the old stand was knocked down.

It's pretty awesome

Its the sheer size, M A S S I V E

The comment to that which you quoted cheetah was this below by a Hibs fan:

Pete 04:58 PM 23-09-2017

Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies:

samcdonald22

Advanced Member

Registered Users A

That place is crawling with Hibs fans.

And:

como 05:22 PM 23-09-2017

Originally Posted by Pete:

That place is crawling with Hibs fans. ????

It's too easy.

Just act like a roaster with Freudian inadequacy issues and you will go undetected for years.

Why do you think, out of ALL the posters on here, with ALL the Hobo accusations, no-one(to my knowledge) as a Hearts fan, has accused you as such? Yet,two random Hibs fans pick your post out of all of them, and immediately come to that conclusion?

Odd. Don?t you think? Why pick on you, mate?

No idea, but i find it slightly insecure of a person that would go to such depths ..but happy to help with any enquiries you might have.  

On that, im out of the country until april so wont see the opening game on the 5th. Would any JkB members be willing to do some video and pics and get them smashed on here?

I presume it's a given,but i imagine the club will have some opening ceremony and gutted i'll be missing it. Was gutted enough not being able to renew my season ticket.

Well, it just happened after Morgan?s thread in The Shed about the comparison between the two sites, that I visited. And as I was looking on their pisstake of a thread on our stand, they were quoting people on here. Your name popped up.

Just strange that was there first reaction.

Ive been qouted on that JKB meltdown twitter page before 

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

never slept for days...  :lenny:

Well, it just happened after Morgan?s thread in The Shed about the comparison between the two sites, that I visited. And as I was looking on their pisstake of a thread on our stand, they were quoting people on here. Your name popped up.

Just strange that was there first reaction.

Then it it stirs you, heres a tip , dont go on hubsnet, not sure how to prove! (not that i have too) that im a Hearts supporter, have been since the 70s, never had a season ticket though, 

Not asking you to. Only saying.

Trust no one! its a good sentiment. Im with you there, ever seen the movie "Law Abiding Citizen" he took 10 years to set up his little sting...talking of which...how long have you been withJKB

Jambof3tornado

Exactly. Dunno what they've got planned, but if it's a Hearts themed trompe l'oeil, I reckon it's gonnae look shit hot.

Here's some examples of what can be done with a gable end...

97f68d43384e25506133f071788534f8.jpg

1f41e427d62b5eb15c36efdf0e8e1308.jpg

bcdaf1295b624fe1143d1eb1ca4c1378.png

1298c6e36cdaaf5460f9e6c0bf302a0d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do we know who the artist will be for this trompe-l'oeil? Never heard of the technique before. Looks tremendous.

Mid Calder Jambo

Do we know who the artist will be for this trompe-l'oeil? Never heard of the technique before. Looks tremendous.

I fancy ours painted as a steaming firey abyss with hobbits in green shirts jumping in as they are pursued by Drew Busby wearing a large tackity kicking boot while an assembled hoarde of Jambos are seen singing to the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

If anyone can paint that they are as deranged as I am.

Doesn't look like it.

Sorry, I just realised you are presambly talking about the lower section that they are just putting the steel in for. I was talking about the upper section.

Montgomery Brewster

I fancy ours painted as a steaming firey abyss with hobbits in green shirts jumping in as they are pursued by Drew Busby wearing a large tackity kicking boot while an assembled hoarde of Jambos are seen singing to the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.

...a bit disco

Everyone's a critic these days.

The Zit Building Award

Tynecastle Stadium (Edinburgh)

Tynecastle Stadium 3 prematurely aged, cheaply built, bright pink stands are being joined by a new main stand, the design of which appears to be a throwback to 60s council office block style architecture. Incompetence and lack of budget has led to delays and compromises in the design. Sports stadia are often far from aesthetically pleasing but this abuses that privilege. 

Nominated by: Richard Falconer

Work is continuing on the crest.  Looks like they have filled in the corners of the square nearest the stand and are now working on the saltire within the crest.

qfti846.jpg

Montgomery Brewster

It's a yes from me. Busby - what a player.

The Zit Building Award

Tynecastle Stadium 3 prematurely aged, cheaply built, bright pink stands are being joined by a new main stand, the design of which appears to be a throwback to 60s council office block style architecture. Incompetence and lack of budget has led to delays and compromises in the design. Sports stadia are often far from aesthetically pleasing but this abuses that privilege. 

Richard falconer is obviously a hibs clown 

Jambof3tornado

Lol

Ricardo Shillyshally

Work is continuing on the crest.  Looks like they have filled in the corners of the square nearest the stand and are now working on the saltire within the crest.

qfti846.jpg

Whit??? Corners filled in you say?

No problem with opinion

But some people in world of architecture think outwith the realm of reality

To build our new stand within the many restraints is a worthy feat

The Zit Building Award

http://www.urbanrealm.com/carbuncles/2015/nominations/6/The_Zit_Building_Award.html

Obviously Richard is a Jambo..,,,

The Zit Building Award

http://www.urbanrealm.com/carbuncles/2015/nominations/6/The_Zit_Building_Award.html

Obviously Richard is a Jambo..,,,

I like it but I don't remember busby so I'd like to see Rudi on the left with fire in his eyes, on a pedestal, telling a horde of tortured welts to go home. A giant Pasquale Bruno's charging in to slide tackle fifty of them from the right while Robbo stands front and centre, hand on heart and Scottish cup held high.

Meanwhile Ann Budge smiles down benevolently from the heavens.

Hackney Hearts

I like it but I don't remember busby so I'd like to see Rudi on the left with fire in his eyes, on a pedestal, telling a horde of tortured welts to go home. A giant Pasquale Bruno's charging in to slide tackle fifty of them from the right while Robbo stands front and centre, hand on heart and Scottish cup held high.

Meanwhile Ann Budge smiles down benevolently from the heavens.

Mmmm... this is coming along nicely.

A bitter, jealous and seething Hibs clown too. 

How can any vermin supporter honestly believe that any of their breeze block logo stands are in any way superior  in design or have a better  aesthetic  model than our new stand.

If he is a hobo it only reinforces the reality that they are all a bunch of delusional narcissists.. FTH.  

The Zit Building Award

Unfinished projects like ours...a building site is his forte, bravo RF!

qfti846.jpg

Too many hands in pockets, get your backs bent ya skiving b@$turds.