Kiosks for Food at Tynecastle.

Beats

Hopefully we get this sorted. The food is barely edible and as for that curry thing they have going!!

Total revamp needed.

• Replies 442
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had it twice and I must say it was mutant.

Saturday or mid week? I found the mid week one to be a lot worse than the weekend one

Both Saturday's. This wasn't yesterday by the way.

I just feel we could do more.

Panini's, baked potatoes that sort of thing. As well as the traditional Pies.

Agree. Don't get me started on hot dogs by the way...

Agree. Don't get me started on hot dogs by the way...

Don't think I've had one. Is that the van between the wheatfield and Gorgie stands?

Mars plastic

The menus will be getting expanded.. Paninis and baked potatoes aren't viable at the football due to timescales.

The menus will be getting expanded.. Paninis and baked potatoes aren't viable at the football due to timescales.

I was just using them as an example.

Do you have any idea what will be offered?

Mars plastic

I was just using them as an example.

Do you have any idea what will be offered?

I sure do, however, I'm not at liberty to divulge that on here.

John Findlay

Hopefully we get this sorted. The food is barely edible and as for that curry thing they have going!!

Total revamp needed.

We won 4-0. Can't moan about the team. So will moan about somethung else. In this instance the food and food kiosks.

We won 4-0. Can't moan about the team. So will moan about somethung else. In this instance the food and food kiosks.

Good grief John. I'm just voicing an opinion.

I sure do, however, I'm not at liberty to divulge that on here.

That's fair enough.

We should be catering for the kids as well. A little meal deal with some collectables. Maybe little figures of past and present players. Robbo, Hartley, Bobby Walker, Jamie Walker etc

Whilst we can discuss the quality and price what always seems to be forgotten is that there is no time for many of the fancy ideas some seem to want

Baked potatoes or Paninis for goodness sake...it would take a couple of minutes to serve one of those at least.

It's bad enough waiting in a Q for all those coffee drinkers at Sainsburys who think it's fine to take 3 minutes to get their coffee forgetting about others in the Q.

We are not going to the local takeaway where we are happy to wait a few minutes for our food..it's quality  fast food we need and that is limited to a selection that can be served in seconds not minutes.

At half time seconds count in servicing the customer.

Mars plastic

That's fair enough.

We should be catering for the kids as well. A little meal deal with some collectables. Maybe little figures of past and present players. Robbo, Hartley, Bobby Walker, Jamie Walker etc

I could also go into the mechanics as to why that wouldn't work as an offer but I don't want to bore you to tears.

Whilst we can discuss the quality and price what always seems to be forgotten is that there is no time for many of the fancy ideas some seem to want

Baked potatoes or Paninis for goodness sake...it would take a couple of minutes to serve one of those at least.

It's bad enough waiting in a Q for all those coffee drinkers at Sainsburys who think it's fine to take 3 minutes to get their coffee forgetting about others in the Q.

We are not going to the local takeaway where we are happy to wait a few minutes for our food..it's quality fast food we need and that is limited to a selection that can be served in seconds not minutes.

At half time seconds count in servicing the customer.

You may have a point regarding baked tatties but panini's would be easy enough I'd think.

Good post though.

The steak pies aren't too bad although the only time I have one is when I've been drinking before the match. Helps line the stomach a bit. :lol:

Do they still pour juice from a bottle into a cup? Or they finally got the dispensers working?

Mars plastic

Baked potatoes or Paninis for goodness sake...it would take a couple of minutes to serve one of those at least.

And that's exactly why it's not viable. You have a very limited window in which to serve hundreds of people at a limited number of tills. You'll find that catering operations who are serving vast numbers want to serve a punter in a matter of seconds.

The steak pies aren't too bad although the only time I have one is when I've been drinking before the match. Helps line the stomach a bit.

Do they still serve juice from a bottle? :lol:

Not sure about that. However half the time it's room temperature!

I'm very encouraged to hear this is all being addressed though.

William H. Bonney

A panini isn't viable due to timescales but pies are?

Alex MacDonald

Pizza slices, portions of pasta, meatballs, maybe an Italian themed stall selling items that can be easily and quickly served.

Mars plastic

You may have a point regarding baked tatties but panini's would be easy enough I'd think.

Good post though.

A panini can be pre made in the kitchen. It then needs to be stored and displayed at the kiosk. Somebody comes up to buy one it then has to be fired into one of those ovens that you see in Subway for 30 seconds.

Food at the football needs to be on display ready for somebody to turn round from the till and pick up or from under the counter. a queue of 5 folk in Subway will wait, hundreds at the football wanting to get back to their seat for the second half won't.

Mars plastic

A panini isn't viable due to timescales but pies are?

Pies are pre-heated. It would be nuts for the club to pre-heat paninis as they'll have umpteen different options. They'll end up firing unused stock in the bin.

How long does it take to get a Bovril or a tea to get poured. Depending on demand these could be constantly being heated up so they are ready to go.

The Italian them is a good idea as well.

F'n hilarious get Anton Mossimann on the phone right away. Foie gras stuffed truffle marinated chicken breasts with a nice helping of Risotto on the side then follow that up with  a fondant chocolate then back into the seat to watch the substandard team in the second half once they have cleared the half time master chef demonstration kitchens off the pitch.  What ever happened to a pie and Bovril?

Mars plastic

How long does it take to get a Bovril or a tea to get poured. Depending on demand these could be constantly being heated up so they are ready to go.

The Italian them is a good idea as well.

Literally seconds. I was told exactly the length of time but I can't now remember. You'll see the taps on the front counter of the kiosk when you're next there. They press a button and it fires out boiling water quick smart.

Mars plastic

Just get Greggs in. It will keep most people happy. Though my preference would be Stephens the bakers.

Stephens chocolate ring doughnuts are a thing of beauty.

queensferryjambo

Steak pies are nice - but they always stick to the bottom of the foil tray and fall to bits. Think there has been multiple threads on this in the past.

F'n hilarious get Anton Mossimann on the phone right away. Foie gras stuffed truffle marinated chicken breasts with a nice helping of Risotto on the side then follow that up with  a fondant chocolate then back into the seat to watch the substandard team in the second half once they have cleared the half time master chef demonstration kitchens off the pitch.  What ever happened to a pie and Bovril?

This 100% we have became as soft as a chocolate fondant 

Don't think I've had one. Is that the van between the wheatfield and Gorgie stands?

Nah just the usual stall at the wheatfield

As with most things in Scottish Football its stuck in the Dark ages. Was at Stadium of Light last sunday and well impressed with everything,usual suspects of footy food available although more choice of pies,curry,chips with variety of sauces,pizza,baguettes with pulled pork,beef,salad,coleslaw,beer,wine,doughnuts etc to name a few.

As with most things in Scottish Football its stuck in the Dark ages. Was at Stadium of Light last sunday and well impressed with everything,usual suspects of footy food available although more choice of pies,curry,chips with variety of sauces,pizza,baguettes with pulled pork,beef,salad,coleslaw,beer,wine,doughnuts etc to name a few.

This...

Mars plastic

Stadium of Light has a capacity 3 times bigger than Tynie and obviously a far bigger footprint. Of course they can offer a far more elaborate menu.

To give you an indication of size, the total spend of kitchen and servery equipment at the new Wembley was 10 million quid. Rangers also spent 2 million quid doing their kiosks up 4 years ago and Bristol City just spent ?750K on their new catering facilities.

highlandjambo3

I run a small catering business up north and, I attend outdoor events, Highland games, horse shows and the likes.

Not sure what the baked potatoes are "non viable" as someone said, I sell these. Pre cooked then chilled for transportation to events. I then re heat them in a chaffing dish, takes about an hour to get piping hot, about 30 potatoes per dish (I fill up 6 dishes), variety of different fillings, ok it's about 150 odd potatoes.

I also do stovies like this:

( I know there are different ways to do them but this is mine)

Topside of beef cooked in a slow cooker for about 8hrs then shredded

Baked potatoes scooped out

Sliced onions dry fried ( basically poached in water until soft then continue cooking till the water evaporates)

Bit ground pepper

All mixed together with the beef stock left over from the joint

No added salt, very low fat healthy food.

Who'd eat that?

What would u be charged for renting one of the small booths that lay empty?

Quite small scale but I could ramp it up if needed

davemclaren

Had a curry yesterday for the first time. Goan pork with rice and a small nan. Thought it was decent for stadium food.

The food kiosks only need two options, a pie or **** off.

Reminds me of that Frankie Boyle joke.

'Yes we have a vegetarian option, you can f off!'

Mars plastic

I run a small catering business up north and, I attend outdoor events, Highland games, horse shows and the likes.

Not sure what the baked potatoes are "non viable" as someone said, I sell these. Pre cooked then chilled for transportation to events. I then re heat them in a chaffing dish, takes about an hour to get piping hot, about 30 potatoes per dish (I fill up 6 dishes), variety of different fillings, ok it's about 150 odd potatoes.

I also do stovies like this:

( I know there are different ways to do them but this is mine)

Topside of beef cooked in a slow cooker for about 8hrs then shredded

Baked potatoes scooped out

Sliced onions dry fried ( basically poached in water until soft then continue cooking till the water evaporates)

Bit ground pepper

All mixed together with the beef stock left over from the joint

No added salt, very low fat healthy food.

Who'd eat that?

What would u be charged for renting one of the small booths that lay empty?

Quite small scale but I could ramp it up if needed

I'll tell you exactly why it's not viable. One, there's not enough hot storage available in the kiosks currently. Two, there's no space to display hot or cold fillings either.

No offence, mate, but serving punters at the Highland Games who aren't in a hurry is exponentially different to serving punters at a football match in a 15 minute window.

highlandjambo3

I'll tell you exactly why it's not viable. One, there's not enough hot storage available in the kiosks currently. Two, there's no space to display hot or cold fillings either.

No offence, mate, but serving punters at the Highland Games who aren't in a hurry is exponentially different to serving punters at a football match in a 15 minute window.

No offence taken however, I did not suggest that I could feed the five thousand, I was simply making a point of variety. Add what I do to the curry house experience, X that by a pasta stall, pizza stall, haggis......etc and, you have more of a choice for punters. I would be surprised if the current set up could feed any more than 5k or so, I'd imagine most folk can't be arsed because of the queue, quality, price.

Lucille's Thirsty

The whole stadium is getting revamped people.

Don't mind the food myself but that's because I'm a fat ******* that'll eat anything when a bit drunk.

Anyway concourse and kiosks etc will be getting done the main stand is done.

Patience.

Lucille's Thirsty

?1.20 for a cup of water is shocking. They just took it from the fridge. Not even from a bottle.

:lol:

It's unbelievable.

I watched a girl serve that without any embarrassment whatsoever it was a sight to behold.

Mars plastic

No offence taken however, I did not suggest that I could feed the five thousand, I was simply making a point of variety. Add what I do to the curry house experience, X that by a pasta stall, pizza stall, haggis......etc and, you have more of a choice for punters. I would be surprised if the current set up could feed any more than 5k or so, I'd imagine most folk can't be arsed because of the queue, quality, price.

You said you couldn't understand why baked potatoes weren't viable. I was happy to provide an answer to your question. :)

All those issues in your last sentence are being looked at in order to expedite the time folk have standing in a queue.

Archived