New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

If we have to play in front of 3 stands then so be it.  Just reduce away allocation to minimum and then offer main standers a refund for the value of the match or a free ticket to an away game.  I'm in the main stand but wouldn't bother if I couldn't get in for a couple of games in the grand scheme of things.

I do think it will be ready though.  Get the seats in and if need be, rent a load of portaloos and get food vans on the plaza.

Francis Albert

Where did we play when the Wheatfield etc were getting built?

Tynecastle. For most games three stands were more than enough back then.

The photos of the Wheatfield under construction are a reminder that in the transformation of Tynecastle, the Wheatfield was a much bigger deal, from inside the ground at least, than the new main stand, although it attracted only a tiny fraction of the interest (obsession?) the latter is getting.

gorgie rd eh11

If we have to play in front of 3 stands then so be it.  Just reduce away allocation to minimum and then offer main standers a refund for the value of the match or a free ticket to an away game.  I'm in the main stand but wouldn't bother if I couldn't get in for a couple of games in the grand scheme of things.

I do think it will be ready though.  Get the seats in and if need be, rent a load of portaloos and get food vans on the plaza.

Personally I would rather play at Murrayfield until Tynecastle is completed and have our first home match with a opening ceremony and make a big fuss and celebration. The Hearts management team are doing a fantastic job and should be praised not trolled by some on here.

Tynie is going to be a fantastic stadium when complete and our home well into the future. It has taken since 1874 to reach this next chapter in our history, so a few more months to wait for the completed stand is not too much to ask.

About 4 weeks before the original target date I commented on here how impressive the stand was but no way will it be ready, I was ridiculed and the usual obviously a hobo posts followed. Well I'm still impressed but can't see it being ready for this target too. I'm inclined to believe there is some truth in the rumours, hope I'm wrong tho as I'm still not a hobo

TBF nearly all your posts are a tad on the negative side.

I'm not accusing you of being Hibs or trolling or anything like that but you do seem to be pessimistic perhaps a result of supporting Hearts always expect the worst.

Jambof3tornado

Is anyone else looking at the Wheatfield video and think its weird seeing something identical being built 23 years later lol

Identical pitchside only. Its whats inside that makes the difference. And what a difference.

TBF nearly all your posts are a tad on the negative side.

I'm not accusing you of being Hibs or trolling or anything like that but you do seem to be pessimistic perhaps a result of supporting Hearts always expect the worst.

I would say more a realist than a pessimist, it was clear the stand wasn't going to be ready, and as I said, I hope I'm wrong this time. Your right I've supported hearts long enough to know not everything goes to plan, but I'm definitely not a hobo ????

It seems highly unlikely that it would be played outside of Edinburgh. I would imagine there are 2-3 options outside of the stand being ready we would explore before this.

My flights to Edinburgh are booked, and I'm fully confident i will be using them.

Almondvale over ER any day. Don't care about drop in attendance, ( i get club needs money im just saying my preference lol). We'll be close to the pitch and make it like a mini tynie lol!!!!

Edited by Heidthebaw

Near 6 weeks till we are due to play killie at home.

for what reason does anyone think it wont be finished within 6 weeks? 

A lot of folk saying it wont be ready but no reasons given? 

Almondvale over ER any day. Don't care about drop in attendance, ( i get club needs money im just saying my preference lol). We'll be close to the pitch and make it like a mini tynie lol!!!!

Why would we play at Almondvale? We'd get about 3,000 more people in Tynie just using 3 stands than we'd get in Almondvale.

Of course it won't be finished for the Killie match. It will however be ready for fans to watch the match from.

I trust this clarifies matters :thumbsup:

I'd like to hear their reasons too. Unless there's another fiasco along the lines of the seat ordering, I'm struggling to see how they won't be able to get the stand in a fit state to hold a few thousand spectators by the first weekend in November!

The main reason is that they are pant wetting, glass half full, hobos.

And STILL no photos!!!

Why would we play at Almondvale? We'd get about 3,000 more people in Tynie just using 3 stands than we'd get in Almondvale.

In fully aware of that, but IF, and if being the operative word, the club insist on playing league games away i'd be happy with there. Quite like the wee stadium that's all. It wasn't based on logic or statistics or anything like that, it's just a decent wee stadium... That isnt Easter road. But we all know new stand will be ready so its all hypothetical.

(Obv we played Newcastle with 3 packed out stands that i was at, so im aware the ground is playable, but club aren't doing it.)

Edited by Heidthebaw

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Quite funny how fans think alike, Spurs new stadium (around ?750million) a huge development and they are asking When are the seats going in?

:lol:

They won't be playing their first game at the new stadium until July too.

The 6000 or so ST holders who couldn't get in might care.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

:facepalm:

The 6000 or so ST holders who couldn't get in might care.

Again, jings, there was no logic behind it, i was merely stating that id rather be there than ER and personally i only enjoy Murrayfield for rugby or when we played Barca.

No need to look for a bicker here. Im fully aware new stand will be ready.

Edited by Heidthebaw

Everybody who has bought a season ticket for the new main stand will be sitting in there own seats watching game on 5th November

Exactly. All humour has gone from this thread lol!

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Read after before ye shake yer head on disgust. Lmao. Im merely reacting to someone suggesting leith..

Read after? Do you read to the end of a thread before you post. Thought not.

:facepalm:

Bazzas right boot

Everybody who has bought a season ticket for the new main stand will be sitting in there own seats watching game on 5th November

Nah, can't see it.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

The main reason is that they are pant wetting, glass half full, hobos.

And STILL no photos!!!

So if you have an opinion the stand may not be ready, you are a hobo?

Just down at the ground now and can see no reason why it won't be ready as stated.

82a97407690ddfb61755550b4bf5ccf1.jpg

bd00ae6649ea51b67565b03f109fe961.jpg1766b9d297f813294269fff2174c8ded.jpg

Ye of little faith!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In fairness he could have stopped at ?pants wetting?.

I?d hate to be sat next to one of the ?pant wetters? on a flight during turbulence.

Bazzas right boot

Why?

Me and my mate are going to do a swapsy!

Sorry, I had too. On the train.bored.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

Lol alright alright folks am genuinely not here for arguements sake. just wanting to go anywhere else other than ER & MF is really only decent full. lol is that so bad? All so serious here. We all ken stand will be ready.

Edited by Heidthebaw

In fully aware of that, but IF, and if being the operative word, the club insist on playing league games away i'd be happy with there. Quite like the wee stadium that's all. It wasn't based on logic or statistics or anything like that, it's just a decent wee stadium... That isnt Easter road. But we all know new stand will be ready so its all hypothetical.

(Obv we played Newcastle with 3 packed out stands that i was at, so im aware the ground is playable, but club aren't doing it.)

They aren't doing it because the three stands don't even have the capacity to hold all our season ticket holders, never mind anyone else! Going somewhere with even less capacity would be utterly bizarre!

They aren't doing it because the three stands don't even have the capacity to hold all our season ticket holders, never mind anyone else! Going somewhere with even less capacity would be utterly bizarre!

Jings i know. It was a failed attempt at being less serious than everyone and ive been informed of this by several posters. Plus, i along with 90% of you know we're playing at tynie on the 5th.

Edited by Heidthebaw

If your opinion is based on nothing other than listening to the trolls then Yes, you are a hobo OR a pant wetter OR a Glass Half Full person OR a Troll yourself

AB has said the stand will be open on Nov 5th, the guy who is working on the project and post on this thread says it will be ready on Nov 5th.

That will do me.

Jings i know. It was a failed attempt at being less serious than everyone and ive been informed of this by several posters. Plus, i along with 90% of you know we're playing at tynie on the 5th.

There's no place for frivolity on jkb!!!

I'll bet there's umpteen folk on here who know what's going on but choose not to post why due to a number of reasons.

You're a master of suspense, bud, i'll give you that !

Sounds ominous !