New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

check out my last post regarding the delays............ If I wasn't sure about where I got this information from I would have just dismissed it as rumour. but time will tell MAN!!!!!!!!!

Dilemma - what should I do??

Jambogjh, because of information being posted (including yours) regarding the new opening of the upgraded Tynecastle Park being delayed I've been putting of booking transport to the Killie game .....

What should I do???

Jambogjh, because of information being posted (including yours) regarding the new opening of the upgraded Tynecastle Park being delayed I've been putting of booking transport to the Killie game .....

What should I do???

Book it game will go ahead.

Spoke to probably the most senior person on the project just yesterday, and mentioned the rumour floating about Hibs fans that the stand will be delayed...it made this person laugh.

They confirmed that even though they're working to a tight timescale, they're supremely confident it'll all be ready by the Killie game. Add that to the comment attributed to Ann Budge further up the thread, and you're left with two choices. Listen to two senior staff sayin it'll be ready, or listen to some random internet spraffin which says it won't.

Tough one...

Aye ok, it was all going to be ready, 9th September, to me,that means it should all be ready, bar the admitted seat issue.

I'm looking forward to all the home games we have coming up at the new Tynecastle. I do hope they wil be at the new Tynecastle, if not, goodwill from me, will be severely eroded

Spoke to probably the most senior person on the project just yesterday, and mentioned the rumour floating about Hibs fans that the stand will be delayed...it made this person laugh.

That is possibly the most patronising, narcissistic and condescending reaction, you would not have hoped for, from a senior person, being paid for by supporters of this club

That is possibly the most patronising, narcissistic and condescending reaction, you would not have hoped for, from a senior person, being paid for by supporters of this club

Eh?

Bridge of Djoum

ab248af9fa192fe19a79e0069f54add8.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eh?

The way I interpreted the original post was, any concerns we had were to be laughed at. Let us down once,twice, doesn't matter to them. The, as originally scheduled/programmed works, should only have the seats to install at this stage.

I'm only going by their projections, which from a construction perspective I thought to be optimistic at best.

have the seats arrived yet? I know work on the bottom section starts Monday but surely if seats are on site they can start from the top

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Jambo, Goodbye

The way I interpreted the original post was, any concerns we had were to be laughed at. Let us down once,twice, doesn't matter to them. The, as originally scheduled/programmed works, should only have the seats to install at this stage.

I'm only going by their projections, which from a construction perspective I thought to be optimistic at best.

I think some will agree your interpretation was an odd one. I'd laugh too if I was being asked about rumours clearly being peddled by Hobos and shitstirrers. 

Jambo, Goodbye

have the seats arrived yet? I know work on the bottom section starts Monday but surely if seats are on site they can start from the top

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Arrive on the 28th. i've read that both on here and on FB from various people and posters. Probably a safe assumption to make that it's true. 

Aye ok, it was all going to be ready, 9th September, to me,that means it should all be ready, bar the admitted seat issue.

I'm looking forward to all the home games we have coming up at the new Tynecastle. I do hope they wil be at the new Tynecastle, if not, goodwill from me, will be severely eroded

Not as simple as that im afraid.

The old plan went out the window upon admission of not making the 9th September date, and the goalposts were moved so to speak.

Therefore any expectations over where we should be at the moment against that plan will be somewhat skewed due to shifts in priorities and different tasks taking precedence.

I've already said earlier in the thread I'd perhaps have hoped things to be further on than they are at this stage given the extra 2 months from the original predicted date of opening - but unfortunately you cant just say 'should just be a case of bolting seats on by now'.

The more I think about it, the more I'm glad we DIDNT open in September. Wouldn't have been a very fitting opening without any of the plaza done or any of the other work which has been added in to this phase as a result of the delay. Had it opened in September for Aberdeen, it woulda had to be an absolute complete bare minimum with folk entering and exiting via a construction site similar to the last few games of the old stand.

What we're delivering now, is probably what most of us would have expected to see in September.

Sorry if i've upset you big fella but was posting from my phone at work and sorry if the info was a little cryptic. I have a friend who gets very good reliable information and I received a text earlier today from him. the phrase "you heard it here first" was a private joke to another poster.

I hope this latest information is wrong like most other fans but as I have previously said he is usually spot on.

Fair enough m8

I heard a similar rumour a couple of weeks ago but I wouldn't say it was from as a reliable source as yours .

Hope it is of the mark, it would mean a bit of a mess revthe home games up until Jan . Time will tell I suppose. Cheers for the reply anyway .

check out my last post regarding the delays............ If I wasn't sure about where I got this information from I would have just dismissed it as rumour. but time will tell MAN!!!!!!!!!

Your informant is monkeying with your predictable gullible nature. You are a prime example of why messengers in the past got shot.

About 4 weeks before the original target date I commented on here how impressive the stand was but no way will it be ready, I was ridiculed and the usual obviously a hobo posts followed. Well I'm still impressed but can't see it being ready for this target too. I'm inclined to believe there is some truth in the rumours, hope I'm wrong tho as I'm still not a hobo

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I really do think there is something in the delay rumour based on what I have been told.

If there's another delay so be it. Would rather the place was finished to highest standard instead of a rushed job to satisfy a deadline.

Main worry though would be cost implications, pretty certain most trades on site will be charging for delays etc

Not getting involved in taking sides, but Jambogjh is a good poster, and he has been ITK about things previously. Hope he's had some rare wrong info, but the fact it's him who posted it worries me a bit more than if it came from typical spangle.

Jambogjh a stool pigeon, I'm impressed.

Even so still love to see them fit 60+ thousand into either ground even with the new built stand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote

Whoosh

Anybody who thinks we'll be playing at Tynecastle this year is delusional, they can set as many unrealistic dates as they like but we won't be playing at Tynecastle until 2018. NAP.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Anybody who thinks we'll be playing at Tynecastle this year is delusional, they can set as many unrealistic dates as they like but we won't be playing at Tynecastle until 2018. NAP.

You're 100% wrong

?100 bet for charity that we?ll have played a game at Tynecastle before the 1st January 2018, we can get the Mods to hold the money vi PayPal until the first game is played?

Bazzas right boot

Gonna be controversial.

The stand wouldn't need to be completed to open on time.

Even makeing sure 3/4 of the new stand is safe/ certified would be enough, possible even half. With the photos in mind, I'd go with no bottom tier ready but the top tier open?

I think they'll make sure this happens, although it may not seem that great to look at until they complete the works.

Murrayfield isn't an option in November, so in reality we will have to use Tynecastle.

Livingston isn't big enough and I'm going assume we'd be told to gtf on er. Requesting Playing more away games would surely be frowned on, the fixture list is already looking a bit silly.

Tynecastle needs to be used, in what state of completion might be up for debate, but I can't see any feasible plan b.

Just purley logic and my opinion, not itk.

This is satire, yes?

Montgomery Brewster

Can someone repost what the wheatfield looked like 6, 4 , 2 weeks from opening again ?

Hopefully it will set all the pantwetters and vermins minds at rest. Well maybe not the vermins as they don't have any brains .

What should I do???

Maybe I'm being unfair here, but I support Heart of Midlothian, not a stadium. 

If it's ready it's ready. If it's not, it's not.

Big ******* deal.

Lets not kid ourselves here - missing the latest revised deadline absolutely WOULD be a big deal and I don't think we'd be in any sort of position to just shrug off not making that date as 'no biggy'.

As has been said, theres a distinct lack of suitable and feasible alternatives apart from anything else.

Thankfully however, I think its much ado about nothing. I'm confident we'll have something to open on the 5th November. That 'something' might be little more than safe entry, a seat and safe exit - but we'll have something none the less.

Bazzas right boot

Lets not kid ourselves here - missing the latest revised deadline absolutely WOULD be a big deal and I don't think we'd be in any sort of position to just shrug off not making that date as 'no biggy'.

As has been said, theres a distinct lack of suitable and feasible alternatives apart from anything else.

Thankfully however, I think its much ado about nothing. I'm confident we'll have something to open on the 5th November. That 'something' might be little more than safe entry, a seat and safe exit - but we'll have something none the less.

I'm here as well, expect parts closed, allot of safety barriers, yellow/ black tape and stewards.

If not we'll be at Ainslie park.

Can someone repost what the wheatfield looked like 6, 4 , 2 weeks from opening again ?

Hopefully it will set all the pantwetters and vermins minds at rest. Well maybe not the vermins as they don't have any brains .

Thankfully however, I think its much ado about nothing. I'm confident we'll have something to open on the 5th November. That 'something' might be little more than safe entry, a seat and safe exit - but we'll have something none the less.

This.

On top of that, all they would need is either safe entry to the Roseburn for food / toilets or if that part of the concourse was not completed then portaloos and a few temporary food stalls.

With work on the roof, cladding, concourse, lower steel and upper seats all able to happen at the same time, 5 1/2 weeks doesn't seem unachieveable at all.

Absolutely it would be a big deal. We know it cost 50k+ per match to rent murrayfield 10 years ago so no way it's costing less now. Right now it's conservatively costing us 150k+ to rent murrayfield for the three games, probably closer to double that IMO. Just that 150k is a squad player's salary & benefits for a year for perspective, although of course we did sell more tickets for Aberdeen and will for rangers too which complicates the picture.

But yeah, it is a big deal and pretending it isn't doesn't seem like a great idea.

Edited by ManMoth

I posted this in the Aberdeen Murrayfield thread a few days ago:

--

Using 

of the Wheatfield construction (shot by farin I think), here's some time stamps to give an idea of progress, particularly that in a few weeks of July.

We have 5 weeks to go, and the roof construction is well underway, the steel almost done and the concourse well underway.

The following time lapse was over an 8 week period:

4th June 1994:

1.png

8th July 1994:

2.png

15th July 1994:

3.png

29th July 1994:

4.png

:)

post-22852-0-64312600-1506417706_thumb.png

post-22852-0-97188300-1506417709_thumb.png

post-22852-0-73763800-1506417713_thumb.png

post-22852-0-51338700-1506417717_thumb.png

Edited by kila

Francis Albert

going by those pictures, the structure holding up the roof use to be very pink!

Can anyone remember when it was re-painted to white?

Could be wrong but I think it just faded to white

Maybe I'm being unfair here, but I support Heart of Midlothian, not a stadium.

So do I - but if that game is not played at Tynecastle Park and for example is switched to Rugby Park it would be a waste of money booking transport to Edinburgh!

How's the internal work coming along?

It's obvious the priority just now will be getting the welfare and access facilititties up to standard along with the seating area to have it functional.

So do I - but if that game is not played at Tynecastle Park and for example is switched to Rugby Park it would be a waste of money booking transport to Edinburgh!

It seems highly unlikely that it would be played outside of Edinburgh. I would imagine there are 2-3 options outside of the stand being ready we would explore before this.

My flights to Edinburgh are booked, and I'm fully confident i will be using them.

We already switched the first fixture to RP so we will not be doing so again