New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Hackney Hearts

Tynecastle Stadium 3 prematurely aged, cheaply built, bright pink stands are being joined by a new main stand, the design of which appears to be a throwback to 60s council office block style architecture. Incompetence and lack of budget has led to delays and compromises in the design. Sports stadia are often far from aesthetically pleasing but this abuses that privilege. 

I know we shouldn't take this seriously, but come on. 3 bright pink stands? Maroon and grey, to be accurate. The trusses were pink, initially - but that was a long time ago.

"Prematurely" aged? I'd say their condition is pretty much what you'd expect after nearly 25 years - and they're due to be refurbed as part of the current process (no mention of that).

"Lack of budget...has led to compromises in the design" - I think that's a fairly common issue (unless you're in Dubai, or a bank, etc).

"60s (!) council office block" is obviously a contentious one on here - but I think, once we see it finished, Edinburgh council would have been pretty astounded to get something like this built for them in the 1960s.

And TBF, not all stadia can look as magnificent as ER.

No problem with opinion

But some people in world of architecture think outwith the realm of reality

To build our new stand within the many restraints is a worthy feat

Not even finished yet :lol:

The second pic suggests that the lower tier will fit perfectly :)

Only because the pitch is 10 foot slimmer. Shoosh though, it's a secret.

I'm amazed the bottom tier fits perfectly.. They must have got a designer with standard grade maths to calculate the space required.. No expense spared clearly... :rofl:

Great photos obua

Some from today.

Bottom section nowhere near the edge of the pitch. 

In fact, they could have fitted in a couple more rows in there to take the capacity comfortably above 20k.

::troll:::'>

Is that the 1st proper escalator photo??

Superb.

Cue the    'We've got an escalator in our stand, we've got an escalator in our stand, we've got an escalator in our stand, an escalator in our stand'   song !!

Bottom section nowhere near the edge of the pitch. 

In fact, they could have fitted in a couple more rows in there to take the capacity comfortably above 20k.

::troll:::'>

They could have sunk two rows into the ground and put all season ticket holders over six feet tall into them their heads would still be above ground level and increased capacity by a few hundred more.

They could have sunk two rows into the ground and put all season ticket holders over six feet tall into them their heads would still be above ground level and increased capacity by a few hundred more.

Build a wee wall like when it was all terraces round the pitch! Pass the kids to the front so they can peer over it!!

Hackney Hearts

Roseberry suite coming along nicely :whistling:

That's what I thought! Or maybe they're going with the old Pink Bus Shelter look?

The badge looks like a thing of beauty! Be really good seeing the progress in the coming weeks. Really taking shape! Roll on November!

Starting to take shape lads , sorting out the exits 

Today's pics inferior steel going in ! b4ee5da877d251a7ce62c4d2a371522c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Obua/Thomaso, would you guys know what the section to the right of the exit is under cover for?

Obua/Thomaso, would you guys know what the section to the right of the exit is under cover for?

its a temporary cover,used to keep joints dry.Not being used now as roof is on that part.

Selkirkhmfc1874

Just been having a peek on .net (I know).

Suggestion is that the laminated decking on the main upper section is a cheap option, but I thought I read that it's actually more expensive than reinforced concrete. Can anyone confirm/clarify this? Sorry if already covered.

It is more expensive

Suggestion is that the laminated decking on the main upper section is a cheap option, but I thought I read that it's actually more expensive than reinforced concrete. Can anyone confirm/clarify this? Sorry if already covered.

Far more expensive.. Hence why we are using cheap concrete at the bottom.. No point wasting time without desperate **** tards

Seymour M Hersh

Far more expensive.. Hence why we are using cheap concrete at the bottom.. No point wasting time without desperate **** tards

Don't forget the infeeriur steel too! 

Different Class

Cheap and nasty just like Liverpool's new main stand which is made of the same stuff...

More desperate stuff from them!

They're more expensive than the concrete equivalent but they weigh much less. That meant a saving in foundations and steel needed to hold it up, so it cost less overall as I understand it.

I'm struggling to see why that's a bad thing though, the ****ing idiots.

"Haha you saved some money"

:cornette:

"cheap option"!!!!!!! The Club wish - almost totally blew the budget!!!

Bridge of Djoum

Exactly. Dunno what they've got planned, but if it's a Hearts themed trompe l'oeil, I reckon it's gonnae look shit hot.

Here's some examples of what can be done with a gable end...

97f68d43384e25506133f071788534f8.jpg

1f41e427d62b5eb15c36efdf0e8e1308.jpg

bcdaf1295b624fe1143d1eb1ca4c1378.png

1298c6e36cdaaf5460f9e6c0bf302a0d.jpg

fth-74170061.jpg

The only mural we need.

They're more expensive than the concrete equivalent but they weigh much less. That meant a saving in foundations and steel needed to hold it up, so it cost less overall as I understand it.

I'm struggling to see why that's a bad thing though, the ******* idiots.

This. I find it unbelievable that people can see finding a cheaper, yet suitable alternative as a negative! It is good business to do so.

The second pic suggests that the lower tier will fit perfectly :)

What a relief........

This. I find it unbelievable that people can see finding a cheaper, yet suitable alternative as a negative! It is good business to do so.

If only the material was cheaper!!!

I'm struggling to see why that's a bad thing though, the ******* idiots.

Even though there was a bit of a saving on the steelwork and foundations, the composite decking was far more expensive that the concrete option.