New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I always spit on the crest when I go past and always will. Not sure where your 'made up myth' comes from.

Edited to say I mean the one on the High Street, would never think of spitting on the new one.

As for the why of spitting on it; yes, the original reason was to do with the executions that took place there (also the taxman if I remember right) but it has evolved over the centuries to now be for good luck

I know people who support Hibs who happily spit 9n it too. Certainly not for good luck. It all ends up at the same end though with grown adults spitting in public, the city centre.

Strange behaviour.

The only bodily fluid I'll be ejecting over that crest is likely to get me arrested.

I've heard about girls squirting on another thread.

Do you think it would be breach of the peace,affray,indecent exposure or a standing ovation?

I always spit on the crest when I go past and always will. Not sure where your 'made up myth' comes from. 

You think that gobbing on the street genuinely brings people good luck?  :rofl:

Edited by Ray Gin

Hagar the Horrible

You think that gobbing on the street genuinely brings people good luck?  :rofl:

Yip, did that, found a tenner, went to the pub, pulled, got a bj, she paid for her own taxi home....so aye it does

Lord Beni of Gorgie

In a pleasing cyclical back reference to the original heart in the High Street.

Nice idea - expect the PC brigade to be up in arms about it though.

Does it have a big ****** then?

Edited to say I mean the one on the High Street, would never think of spitting on the new one.

As for the why of spitting on it; yes, the original reason was to do with the executions that took place there (also the taxman if I remember right) but it has evolved over the centuries to now be for good luck  

Do you sacrifice goats to ensure a good harvest as well?

Do you sacrifice goats to ensure a good harvest as well?

I heard if you eat a chocolate log before gobbing, the results are even more spectacular 

Now that is going to reflect beautifully in the grey glass panels.........

What do you mean by 'that'?

I assume you mean the high school because that's what I see in the reflection

I had no idea folk still did this.

Spitting in public is minging behaviour.

Bazzas right boot

The crest does look wonderful - dare I suggest we extend the tradition of spitting on the Heart of Midlothian badge in the High St to our new one at Tynecastle Park or is that going too far?

Jesus, ****ing, mother of all god.

The computer says NO.

Bazzas right boot

Anyone caught spitting on that glorious crest should be arrested on the spot.

Swift kick in the baws or *****.

From BSB Facebook this morning (edited to boost the brightness of the photo)

2Y2oFXp.jpg

Genuinely, seeing this makes me absolutely buzzing. Going from the pieman and Cala homes to this. Still cannae believe it, and to think, we made this happen. Twice!

Seymour M Hersh

The only bodily fluid I'll be ejecting over that crest is likely to get me arrested.

Do you go to a gym in Livingston by any chance?

Edited by Seymour M Hersh

Surely it's not hard to see how they are going to do it?

Perhaps they will put the steel in to a point where the crane can reach with the concrete stands, then repeat, sheet guess!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bazzas right boot

Do you go to a gym in Livingston by any chance?

Not any more.....

He was my old techy teacher at school.

How they going to get the concrete staging on without driving on the pitch?

I'm guessing they will put so many steel supports in place,Then the crane will boom over to drop the concrete staging to the furthest point, working back the way to the last steel support, then repeat the process a few more times without having to put the crane on the playing surface.

Danny Foster covers this stuff on Extreme engineering on the Discovery channel.

letsalldothebeattie

From BSB Facebook this morning (edited to boost the brightness of the photo)

2Y2oFXp.jpg

Looking good, looks like they've got the framework in place for my section in the lower now. Genuinely cant wait for the first game in that new stand

Perhaps they will put the steel in to a point where the crane can reach with the concrete stands, then repeat, sheet guess!

Was thinking that. Just looks like they have went to far to do it though from pic.

Was thinking that. Just looks like they have went to far to do it though from pic.

I'm a sucker for trusting the experts, which isn't always good, my missus on the other hand would be asking questions on every step taken!

Hagar the Horrible

Looking good, looks like they've got the framework in place for my section in the lower now. Genuinely cant wait for the first game in that new stand

And the cladding finished at the gable end

The crest does look wonderful - dare I suggest we extend the tradition of spitting on the Heart of Midlothian badge in the High St to our new one at Tynecastle Park or is that going too far?

By 'we' do you mean Hibs?

mtiMNcw.jpg

FTH

And credit to Robert Henderson from

The Main Stand page again i hope he doesnt mind.

Wow, that's a thing of beauty!

It's not spitting that'll be the problem.

mosaic.jpg

Awful lot of sensitive souls on KB these days.

Being sensitive and being someone who doesn?t want to gob in public aren?t one and the same.

Edited by Apache Mal

ManMoth - yes given that so may recollect on here doing it for luck on the High St original. But hey ho we are all different sorry if I have offended the non-spitting brigade1

Lucille's Thirsty

I keep coming onto this too see if they've started to put seats in but I'm still waiting, it's like their teasing me, I kind of like it.

ManMoth - yes given that so may recollect on here doing it for luck on the High St original. But hey ho we are all different sorry if I have offended the non-spitting brigade1

The non spitting brigade? You mean the 99% of us that evolved past the stone age? Jeez

ManMoth - yes given that so may recollect on here doing it for luck on the High St original. But hey ho we are all different sorry if I have offended civilised people

FTFY!

Also, the heart on the High Street isn't a representation of the club's badge. Aside from the fact that only utter morons go around spitting in public anyway, why anyone would think spitting on the club's badge would be a good thing to do just because some idiots still carry out a tradition dating from hundreds of years ago on a different symbol somewhere else in the city is beyond me.

That's not the club badge.

Serious question: do you think this disgusting behaviour actually brings good luck?

do I believe if I spit on it Hearts will win every game? Of course not, it's just the same as 'lucky' socks, pants, rubbing Grefriar Bobby's nose etc etc. no logic to it but you never know

I keep coming onto this too see if they've started to put seats in but I'm still waiting, it's like their teasing me, I kind of like it.

They are also loving it on ratsforbreakfast.net.

They really are a very inferior and somewhat pathetic little football club.

:fth:

Lol

In future will away teams walk into the main stand across the plaza, if so, we need video cameras, as the badge would be a magnet to ****s like Griffiths

do I believe if I spit on it Hearts will win every game? Of course not, it's just the same as 'lucky' socks, pants, rubbing Grefriar Bobby's nose etc etc. no logic to it but you never know

Never ever rub the Bobby!

Lucky pants :lol:

Used to love that expression.

AllyjamboDerbyshire

That is not the 'original' Hearts badge, it is the one and only marker of the site of the Heart of Midlothian Tolbooth. The Hearts badge is the badge of Heart of Midlothian Football Club, and no Hearts supporter would ever wish to desicrate it with his, or her, spit. On the other hand, I am sure each and every Hibs supporter will see spitting on it as some amazing achievement - would you like to be associated with that?

Assuming you are a Hearts supporter, may I ask if you have ever spat on any other Hearts badge? If not, why would you find it appropriate to do so just because Hearts have spent a lot of money creating this wonderfull mosaic, reminiscent, but not a copy of, the site marker of a terrible prison that our club badge was based on, for us all to enjoy?

People spit on the Heart of Midlothian because the Tolbooth of that name was a bad place! Is that how you view the approach to Tynecastle Park?