New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Jeez...a marvellous thread about the best project our club has done in our lifetime and its reduced to the petty squabbles and snide remarks as above

Grown men FFS

Take it to PM if you want to nit pick with each other...and let this thread grow in the manner it should

Big Slim Stylee

Grow a pair ya balloon, english language is obviously a problem for you, step away from the keyboard

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

So you're that mashed you fired off two replies in the space of a couple of minutes?

Desist, you imbecile :)

Grow a pair ya balloon, english language is obviously a problem for you, step away from the keyboard

d41660bacc219b664392372e7018784acebd1424

Oh the irony!!

:qqb006:

From hobos.net

fat freddy 09:41 PM Yesterday

Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

:rofl:

The thread has now reached 100 pages.

Keep yer chin up Thomaso , don't let your moral drop ;)

They really are the gift that keeps on giving , arseholes the lot of them

sorry but the only one having problems with English is yourself. I've read your posts a couple of times and, although your second attempt made a bit more sense than your first hilarious post, still not quite sure what your point is. You have been told repeatedly that, if the seats had been ordered properly and on time, then the stand would have been ready to admit spectators for the Aberdeen game.

Being told something and the actuality of it ,are two different things, I am getting fed up with the low life intellect on this board, you as with others do not earn or command a reply

August Landmesser

How much is it costing? Now the transfer window (the reason given by many for the silence) is closed we can announce it, yeah?

As I understand it, the original budget for the stand was ?10m (plus ?1m contingency) and ?1m for the rest of the ground - ?11m total (plus ?1m contingency).

There's been a ?2million extension to the original budget, I'm not sure if this involves using the ?1m contingency.

So, the stand is now costing either ?12m (plus ?1m contingency) or ?12m (including ?1m contingency) and I'm boring myself even typing this so fair play if anyone reads to the end.

Big Slim Stylee

Being told something and the actuality of it ,are two different things, I am getting fed up with the low life intellect on this board, you as with others do not earn or command a reply

Bye then :) We're so going to miss all you contribute.

The more you think about this, the more genius it is.

"Being told something and the actuality of it ,are two different things," 

They so should have got you in for the "Spinal Tap" script.

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

From hobos.net

fat freddy 09:41 PM Yesterday

Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

:rofl:

The thread has now reached 100 pages.

Christ, they say we are obsessed

Eh......I think you have just replied......

Big Slim Stylee

Eh......I think you have just replied......

Unfortunately it did.....anyway back on track, you've made an awful mess of that glass...not:)

Edited by Big Slim Stylee

Keep yer chin up Thomaso , don't let your moral drop ;)

They really are the gift that keeps on giving , arseholes the lot of them

:thumb:

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Thanks for that. What was the source?

Not over budget, Budget was increased

Unfortunately it did.....anyway back on track, you've made an awful mess of that glass...not:)

:buttkick:

The Craig Levein stand looks fabulous to me and if Thomaso is ever in my vicinity at the bar, I'll be buying him a bevvy or 2, richly deserved as well.

August Landmesser

There's a difference between something being

over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

Exactly. Lots of folk are missing this point. The club has looked at what we need and can afford, and has decided to increase the budget

Exactly. Lots of folk are missing this point. The club has looked at what we need and can afford, and has decided to increase the budget

Just need to find out how we are paying for it now.

over budget and the cost being higher than the original budget because you have added extras.

"Hello Mr car salesman felly, I've a budget of 10k and want a new car."

Certainly sir, but that's the basic model without the cup holder, the parking sensors and central locking, the upgraded model comes it at 12k.

"Aye but that'll be over budget and that's just criminal"

Ok sir, the 10k model it is.

"Actually, geez the 12k wan."

Is that easier to understand for some, I'm only trying to help btw.

...a bit disco

There's about 20 folk at my work who could genuinely be fat freddy going by that hibs.net post

they're all the same

Fat Freddy eh?

I've now got a made up song rattling about in my head.

To the tune of Black Betty by Ram Jam

'Whoah Fat Freddy, you're a feckin' bam,

Whoah Fat Freddy, you're a feckin' bam'

Certainly sir, but that's the basic model without the cup holder, the parking sensors and central locking, the upgraded model comes it at 12k.

If you have friends/family who may be willing to give you the extra then maybe it is a fair idea. Your family/friends would have to suffer financially for a couple of years, though.

If you have friends/family who may be willing to give you the extra then maybe it is a fair idea. Your family/friends would have to suffer financially for a couple of years, though.

What if you can afford the extra without asking friends and family, what about friends and family being more than happy to oblige.

What about keeping finances strictly in house.

Over budget is over budget is over budget.

Increasing a budget and over budget are different.

In you analogy if 10k is his budget, buying the 12k one is still over budget.

I get what you are saying but you're actually obfusticating the distinction further the way you are explaining it.

Over budget is over budget is over budget.

Increasing a budget and over budget are different.

In you analogy if 10k is his budget, buying the 12k one is still over budget.

I get what you are saying but you're actually obfusticating the distinction further the way you are explaining it.

Cool story I've politely binned.

The Craig Levein stand looks fabulous to me and if Thomaso is ever in my vicinity at the bar, I'll be buying him a bevvy or 2, richly deserved as well.

"The Craig Levein Stand"?????

:cornette:

King Of The Cat Cafe

To elaborate, at East Fife game, comments were made on stand being ready for 9th sept. I said they must be meeting their programme KPI's or it would be flagged up for a delay. One week later, visually obvious on progress, programme date would not be met.

After this, seats, haven't been ordered, I would surmise, supplier would want a pro forma payment, so hold off order till last minute. When order is eventually placed, supplier informs you, that you missed your delivery time slot window. It's what suppliers do, once they have your money, I was a tier 2 buyer in construction for RBS, NatWest (same company) and Nationwide. Good fun, your procurement schedule of both contractors and materials dictate your programme, labour require materials, their availability is most important.

Perhaps we have not been deliberately misled, construction has been excellent, it would have been better to have been less optimistic at the outset.

I would still have bought my season ticket, but felt less cheated, I'm still paying to FOH, it needs sorted on the pitch though.

I wish we had a striker who was as prolific in front of goal as you are with commas...   :scholar:

And yet you replied anyway!

Your carer really shouldn't let you use the Internet without supervision.

When the stand development is fully complete, and the fans get a chance to fully appreciate the scale and quality of the project, some may think "How did we manage to build this for that price"

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Yes but you have the option of sticking to the 10k car just as we had the option of sticking to the original budget the difference is having your hand forced into something you cant afford which we haven,t

Yes but you have the option of sticking to the 10k car just as we had the option of sticking to the original budget the difference is having your hand forced into something you cant afford which we haven,t

I'm sorry I didn't add the 200 caveats into my simplistic post. Sorry.

I'm sorry I didn't add the 200 caveats into my simplistic post. Sorry.

Well stop acting like others are too dumb to grasp a concept whilst bungling though it incorrectly yourself.

Well stop acting like others are too dumb to grasp a concept whilst bungling though it incorrectly yourself.

You need to calm down buddy. So aggressive all the time.

oh dear. get over yourself.

An exemplary example of the Dunning-Kruger effect in full flow. ;)

Edited by Gizmo

Phil D. Corners

She's looking lovely this morning.

Great to see the progress.

Just thinking the pitch should be in good nick when get back to Tyne. The sun lamps seem to be on all the time. I would of assume they would not need them if pitch is not used.

Ever so sorry.