New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

John mcCartney

I think there is a border going round it with the badge in the middle, as mentioned already today it's one of my mates who has been asked to do it.

itl be your mate and a crew chief calm down now,youve been bangin on about your mate on the previous page as well lol

I accept the negative opinions of the glass work and get the points but i really think thst when hearts branding goes up (lile badge, "tynecastle park" lettering, perhaps flags) it really will lool the part. Not to mention when the rest of the work is complete. Really pleased with work so far.

bernardbresslawsarmchair

Maroon caps on the front would look terrible in my opinion, they are to be grey.

They do make a big difference though...

Maroon caps on the front would look terrible in my opinion, they are to be grey.

They do make a big difference though...

not sure might give it a bit contrast absolutely love the stand but the front is a bit grey hopefully the crest and lettering solve this

Pretty sure a few pages back they were confirmed as being electronic, looks at the picture I think that will be the case as doesn't look like there is room for stewards

On one of the pics you can see ducting peeping out from underneath the turnstiles....that will be for the mains cabling to feed them, so there will be power so assume electronic

On one of the pics you can see ducting peeping out from underneath the turnstiles....that will be for the mains cabling to feed them, so there will be power so assume electronic

Good spot left hand corner.

Now the perimeter fence is down, you can get a full view of it standing back

With the colourful patio, Hearts badge and maroon trees, neutral/grey for the facade starting to look good

Buffalo Bill

Now the perimeter fence is down, you can get a full view of it standing back

With the colourful patio, Hearts badge and maroon trees, neutral/grey for the facade starting to look good

Indeed, and I've been saying that all along. The glass curtain provides drama in its sheer size, but its neutral shades are absolutely required to let the other eye-catching and colourful features stand out against what is essentially a vast, but blank canvass.

It will look magnificent when finished.

P.S. I would love to see Thomaso and Craig Levein jointly cut the ribbon on this. Maybe they could both hold the scissors.

Edited by Buffalo Bill

or an electric light for someone to manually turn the turnstiles with an electric heater or a flow and return pipe for the radiators for night games when its cold

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

or an electric light for someone to manually turn the turnstiles with an electric heater or a flow and return pipe for the radiators for night games when its cold

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

or one of these tubes u send money containers down for cash gates.

Hungry hippo

Indeed, and I've been saying that all along. The glass curtain provides drama in its sheer size, but its neutral shades are absolutely required to let the other eye-catching and colourful features stand out against what is essentially a vast, but blank canvass.

P.S. I would love to see Thomaso and Craig Levein jointly cut the ribbon on this. Maybe they could both hold the scissors.

Better give Thomaso plastic kids scissors if he's beside CL.

I hope the grey face caps are dark as to blend in with the glass more.

They are light grey to match the glass spandrel panels

Edited by Thomaso

I reckon cl could knock him out,going from previous......

Nah......Hoggy just couldn't take a punch...

The are light grey to match the glass spandrel panels

I imagine black for the clear glass and light grey for the grey glass would've looked better but I suppose I've still to see it finished

Unknown user

First stadium/arena use of composite staging seems to have been at Ascot: http://www.building.co.uk/stadium-terracing-good-to-firm/3112936.article

Thank you!

I asked ages ago what this composite material was composed of, it's been doing my head in!

Basically 2 x 4mm steel sheets sandwiching a 20mm polyurethane (like a plastic but better) core. Crazy to think it's less then 3cm thick with the loads it'll take!

samcdonald22

Thanks for the replies, chaps.

[emoji106]

Been to Ascot a few times, never realised !

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Indeed, and I've been saying that all along. The glass curtain provides drama in its sheer size, but its neutral shades are absolutely required to let the other eye-catching and colourful features stand out against what is essentially a vast, but blank canvass.

P.S. I would love to see Thomaso and Craig Levein jointly cut the ribbon on this. Maybe they could both hold the scissors.

Pretty sure Ann and Craig will be performing that duty hand in hand.........

craig will be to busy,he's dof,manager,board member,did I miss anything.

The crest in the paving looks like it's going to be huge.

Looks pretty big on the plan as well.  Can't quite read all of the types of paving to be used.

post-985-0-25494400-1504044838_thumb.jpg

post-985-0-35726400-1504044851_thumb.jpg

Looks pretty big on the plan as well.  Can't quite read all of the types of paving to be used.

Another crest paving in front of the shop/ticket office too by the looks of it

Nursery hedge is maroon, they planning to put in a new hedge or paint the existing leaves maroon?

craig will be to busy,he's dof,manager,board member,did I miss anything.

Dictator????

Looks pretty big on the plan as well. Can't quite read all of the types of paving to be used.

I had no idea the crest were going to be so colourful and detailed!

millerjames398

[emoji23] with brotherhood of man, united we stand playing over the tanoy...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Shanks said no

Question for those who have stood on the new composite material. What sort of noise will it generate with a few thousand stamping their feet? Will it be like the other concrete stands or a louder / hollower noise?

Does anyone know?

PhoenixHearts

Total minor and trivial gripe of mine and I suppose I'm just splitting hairs, but does anybody else reckon the monoblocking would have looked better as just the heart shaped crest without the square border going around it?

Good enough for me. The rest of the Roseburn was looking its usual tatty, run-down self for today's photo op. Get those seats lacquered up!

554716-ann-budge-and-craig-levein.jpg

That body language. 

Watt-Zeefuik

Indeed, and I've been saying that all along. The glass curtain provides drama in its sheer size, but its neutral shades are absolutely required to let the other eye-catching and colourful features stand out against what is essentially a vast, but blank canvass.

P.S. I would love to see Thomaso and Craig Levein jointly cut the ribbon on this. Maybe they could both hold the scissors.

:yas::gok:

Looks pretty big on the plan as well. Can't quite read all of the types of paving to be used.

Tugula and Sienna setts. Tobermore paving.

Different Class

Good enough for me. The rest of the Roseburn was looking its usual tatty, run-down self for today's photo op. Get those seats lacquered up!

554716-ann-budge-and-craig-levein.jpg

Upper section J has been tidied up already. Look at the state it was before

c944bb27845183ec04d11386e8e4a196.jpg

Could they afford Thomas,s appearance fee?

The old fa?ade at Ibrox is indeed an impressive piece of architecture from another age.  It should be noted that the cost to build the Club Deck alone back in 1991 was ?20m.

?20m ???   Oh Dear  

Just to put that into context - that is ?39m at todays prices.

Imagine how many Midfielders, goalkeepers and strikers you could buy with that lot ?

Hagar the Horrible

Imagine how many Midfielders, goalkeepers and strikers you could buy with that lot ?

Even more with dual contracts and not paying tax.

Buffalo Bill

I had no idea the crest were going to be so colourful and detailed!

Likewise. On the artist's impression, it's a simple, one-tone outline Hearts crest.

From Obua's plans, they're really going to town on this. I think the Royal Mile cobblestones might soon feeling a bit redundant. 

Anybody else notice Obua photos of the turnstyles, they look unmanned eTurnstyles?

They are.

Not so much unmanned, there will be stewards on the opposite site watching for the green ticks to verify tickets have been scanned.

Total minor and trivial gripe of mine and I suppose I'm just splitting hairs, but does anybody else reckon the monoblocking would have looked better as just the heart shaped crest without the square border going around it?

Visually I agree - however I think they may be putting the border in to ensure the crest sets are stable and does not move over time - monoblock in large areas has a tendency of doing so.

Over the 50+ year lifespan of the stand?

Not many.

PhoenixHearts

Visually I agree - however I think they may be putting the border in to ensure the crest sets are stable and does not move over time - monoblock in large areas has a tendency of doing so.

Makes sense. Forgive me if it's a daft question, but you seem to know your stuff. Is there no way they could have done the square border in the same colour as the rest of the paving, making it a bit less obvious?

Ps while I'm on the topic of paving, I think it would have been a fun idea to do a Hollywood walk of fame style thing with club legends engraved into marble heart shapes on a path leading up to the main stand. 

Makes sense. Forgive me if it's a daft question, but you seem to know your stuff. Is there no way they could have done the square border in the same colour as the rest of the paving, making it a bit less obvious?

Ps while I'm on the topic of paving, I think it would have been a fun idea to do a Hollywood walk of fame style thing with club legends engraved into marble heart shapes on a path leading up to the main stand. 

Sorry mate - paving is not my game. I can only assume the design is what Mrs Budge wanted.

Sounds classy.

All roads lead to Gorgie

What if it includes Gary MacKay and Elvis. Meltdown on here  :sunny: 

alanthejambo

They could always get Zibbys hand prints set into the paving!

All roads lead to Gorgie

That could go at the back of the Roseburn. Just a little reminder.

That's a great idea.

I'll go first...Gary Mackay :-)