New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Francis Albert

This is the bigger point.

It makes no difference. With the exception of TV and sponsorship cash etc, which is fairly static, the club's income and FOH's income all comes from the same place anyway. The fans.

The club raised most of the money for the stand by building up reserves before commencing the project.

If the FOH pledgers object to more cash going to the new stand then they can simply build reserves by underspending like they did in the early days (which was necessary due to issues with credit post-admin).

But the fact remains, that if the club is handed over to the FOH as planned, the FOH become owners of the debt anyway.

So who pays back the money becomes a completely moot point.

We either pay it out of the left pocket or we pay it out of the right pocket.

I expect that the club will not delay transfer of ownership a 2nd time. I think they will just keep being prudent with cash and keep any transfer fees (if we every get any) as cash to go into the big pot to pay back the stand and once that's paid back, they'll use it to fix up other parts of the stand and then make decisions going forward about what areas of the club need money spent.

We were always going to arrive at the point where once the club was in fan ownership, we'd have to decide what to do with all the monthly contributions. Because of the extra work going on, it will either take us longer to get to that point, or the club fills the funding gap in other ways.

The fact that we have a bigger stadium means we should be getting more income anyway, so playing budgets etc shouldn't have to decrease much to make up the shortfall as long as the fans keep backing the club.

The club's build up of funds (?3m) towards funding the new stand came almost entirely from previous FoH contributions, not underspending of other funds. Currently all FoH contributions are going towards a further ?3m contribution to the stand. If repayment of Ann's loan and transfer of ownership is not further delayed then the club will have to either divert funds from other areas (the players budget being by far the biggest likely target) or raise funds through debentures or 500 club type arrangements. Although those will affect future revenue,  another two or three years of stagnation on the field and struggling with St Johnstone for a top six place would affect both current and future revenues.

There are some difficult decisions coming up and I don't think simply asking FoH for another ?3m or more is necessarily the best and certainly not the only option.

The club's build up of funds (?3m) towards funding the new stand came almost entirely from previous FoH contributions, not underspending of other funds. Currently all FoH contributions are going towards a further ?3m contribution to the stand. If repayment of Ann's loan and transfer of ownership is not further delayed then the club will have to either divert funds from other areas (the players budget being by far the biggest likely target) or raise funds through debentures or 500 club type arrangements. Although those will affect future revenue, another two or three years of stagnation on the field and struggling with St Johnstone for a top six place would affect both current and future revenues.

There are some difficult decisions coming up and I don't think simply asking FoH for another ?3m or more is necessarily the best and certainly not the only option.

I'd rather flog the naming rights for 5-10 years than ask the fans for more money again.

The club's build up of funds (?3m) towards funding the new stand came almost entirely from previous FoH contributions, not underspending of other funds. Currently all FoH contributions are going towards a further ?3m contribution to the stand. If repayment of Ann's loan and transfer of ownership is not further delayed then the club will have to either divert funds from other areas (the players budget being by far the biggest likely target) or raise funds through debentures or 500 club type arrangements. Although those will affect future revenue, another two or three years of stagnation on the field and struggling with St Johnstone for a top six place would affect both current and future revenues.

It's really quite sad when you post Shit like that and it seems to me you actually enjoy lobbing in these hand grenades.

I really feel very sad for you.

Surely FOH was set up to buy the club, no? The intention wasnt to fund the new stand.

No, they couldnt do it without a vote of the members.

Great call by the FOH to help fund the project or we might have ended up with something akin to that breeze block fest across the city

Francis Albert

There is in fact (as has been previously suggested) a way of FoH contributing another ?3m without significantly delaying fan ownership, and the first amendment to the Bidco/FoH agreement provides a precedent. For the ?3m FoH contribution there was a phased transfer of voting rights over two years. A similar deal would give FoH control on a similar timescale to that currently planned. Ann would then become dependent on FoH or the club repaying her loan but it is hard to see the club or FoH defaulting especially given Ann's holding of security over the club's assets.

Governor Tarkin

I'd rather flog the naming rights for 5-10 years than ask the fans for more money again.

'Ken.

Who really gives a **** what some sponsor wants to call it anyway?

It'll always be Tynecastle to anyone that matters.

Apologies if there is already an answer on the thread, but what are the plans for the police box/control room?

They plan to scale it right back so that there are no impeded views.

All the floodlight, CCTV, alarm and audio systems are in there just now.

Francis Albert

It's really quite sad when you post Shit like that and it seems to me you actually enjoy lobbing in these hand grenades.

I really feel very sad for you.

How on earth is it a hand grenade? See my later further constructive post though this solution is not my idea.

There is in fact (as has been previously suggested) a way of FoH contributing another ?3m without significantly delaying fan ownership, and the first amendment to the Bidco/FoH agreement provides a precedent. For the ?3m FoH contribution there was a phased transfer of voting rights over two years. A similar deal would give FoH control on a similar timescale to that currently planned. Ann would then become dependent on FoH or the club repaying her loan but it is hard to see the club or FoH defaulting especially given Ann's holding of security over the club's assets.

So you are capable of providing balanced arguments   :24_shocked:

Until you are told otherwise why don't you just enjoy what is happening. You are waiting for something to be pissed off about that may never happen. Enjoy the new stand, new manager and new team.

Do you know know whether there will be free Wi-Fi access?

1980s_lab_03-100608911-large.jpg

Francis Albert

Until you are told otherwise why don't you just enjoy what is happening. You are waiting for something to be pissed off about that may never happen. Enjoy the new stand, new manager and new team.

We have been told there is a cost over-run. I am not pissed off, just joining an already ongoing discussion about what might be done about it.

Why does that seem to piss you off?

We have been told there is a cost over-run. I am not pissed off, just joining an already ongoing discussion about what might be done about it

Maybe miserable moaning folk who constantly nit pick for no good reason piss me off.

Edited by jambopilms

This is the Thomaso I really like. Clear and distinct in his advice. I don't like the other side but will wait and see how that turns out with CL.

No need for anymore posts from me on the appointment of CL. The die is struck.

If he turns the fortunes of our team around I will be the first to congratulate him.

HHGH

scott herbertson

We have been told there is a cost over-run. I am not pissed off, just joining an already ongoing discussion about what might be done about it.

I've no problem with review alternative methods and pathways to fan ownership and no problem with you coming up with fresh ideas - that's very healthy for us.

I don't like your proposal though. I would much prefer Ann to steer us through to the build and then have a couple of years while we buy her out. During that time I expect she would have a strong focus on building the corporate and hospitality side - sponsorships, corporate memberships , business contributions. That's an area FOH are unlikely to be as strong as she is So my preference would be to delay fan ownership.

Maybe miserable moaning folk who constantly nit pick for no good reason piss me off.

Talking about how the ?Ms shortfall will be met is moaning folk nit picking? Seriously?

As Mrs Budge has asked for a lot of the extra works, what are the chances that she may gift the extra to the club?

These"extra work" were not on a whim of Ann Budge. After further consideration of the design and construction of the project, these changes authorised by Ann were actually essential to ensure the fans were given the standard of stand and facilities they deserved.

Talking about how the ?Ms shortfall will be met is moaning folk nit picking? Seriously?

I'm fairly sure we were told the overspend would be covered by the club running capital. So yeah folk looking for problems saying FOH should or shouldn't do whatever is just looking for a problem that doesn't currently exist.

Selkirkhmfc1874

These"extra work" were not on a whim of Ann Budge. After further consideration of the design and construction of the project, these changes authorised by Ann were actually essential to ensure the fans were given the standard of stand and facilities they deserved.

Better doing it right imo , extra cost as you say is for better facilities which gonna be there for decades to come and once stand paid for and up and running increased revenue from higher attendance and better corporate facilities will mean better quality on the pitch

I'm quite comfortable with it,feel a bit sad for you, I'll get over it though, don't fash yerself, thanks

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

What is fashing?

When the stand development is fully complete, and the fans get a chance to fully appreciate the scale and quality of the project, some may think "How did we manage to build this for that price"

Your best post.

scott herbertson

What is fashing?

Something aberdonians do when they are annoyed

As in

Posh Hearts supporter

"I say, I am most displeased that we have not received a sizeable wedge for young Walker as we were led to expect and that I have to read gazillions of forum postings lamenting his lack of form, and the issues pertaining to that for the rest of the season"

Hearts supporter from North of the Dee

"Dinna fash ma loon"

Edited by scott herbertson

As in

Posh Hearts supporter

"I say, I am most displeased that we have not received a sizeable wedge for young Walker as we were led to expect and that I have to read gazillions of forum postings lamenting his lack of form, and the issues pertaining to that for the rest of the season"

"Dinna fash ma loon"

You learn something new everyday. Thanks Scott!

alicante jambo

As in

Posh Hearts supporter

"Dinna fash ma loon"

Fash as in hector brocklebank fash?

Fat Freddie :rofl:

'Terms on offer'

'Morale is at an all time low'

Brickies. On a building site. :rofl:

Absolute slaver. :rofl:

5 million over budget!!!

Millions of innocent birds slain!!

Edinburgh's structural integrity compromised because of steel pilings!!

Shanks said no

5 million over budget!!!

Millions of innocent birds slain!!

Edinburgh's structural integrity compromised because of steel pilings!!

Sorry I can't look over there but who are the bursd?

Fat Freddie :rofl:

'Terms on offer'

'Morale is at an all time low'

Brickies. On a building site. :rofl:

Absolute slaver. :rofl:

Why cant they just give up?

The shite talking shite.

The White Cockade

not sure how they ever thought it would be ready for the start of September

Should be great though when it's finished

scott herbertson

Cheers,glad you like them.

They're excellent, and particularly a boon for those of us who are outside Edinburgh

Thanks fir your efforts

Can I make a suggestion?

Email the club.

Cheers

Vlad Magic XX

Yeah, because they would respond with a full plan and breakdown, right enough.

You are trolling.

You will exit the same place you enter or am I missing your point.

Well thats shite , as I'll be heading round to the Wheatfueld to meet my mucker for an after match pint .

Seriously, I'm at the top end of the stand , so exoecting to have to head down the front of the stand with the masses at full time , but was hoping there was maybe exits at the back of the stand to head down .