New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Athletes Feet

Might have missed it earlier in this thread, but was wondering what the story is with the staging - looks like it is metal rather than concrete like the others stands? Don't think I've ever been to any other stadium where anything other than concrete (or what I think is concrete) is used, is this a new thing or will there be a concrete layer put on top?

Well thats shite , as I'll be heading round to the Wheatfueld to meet my mucker for an after match pint .

Seriously, I'm at the top end of the stand , so exoecting to have to head down the front of the stand with the masses at full time , but was hoping there was maybe exits at the back of the stand to head down .

There is stairs down from the top of the stand,go past sky lounge or whatever it's called.I don't know when Gorgie and main stand concourse will be connected.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Well thats shite , as I'll be heading round to the Wheatfueld to meet my mucker for an after match pint .

Seriously, I'm at the top end of the stand , so exoecting to have to head down the front of the stand with the masses at full time , but was hoping there was maybe exits at the back of the stand to head down .

Are the stairs the same width as the other stands ? I used to be near the back of the Wheatfield and it often took ages to exit. I am now in the front section and it just takes a few seconds up a few steps. 

Might have missed it earlier in this thread, but was wondering what the story is with the staging - looks like it is metal rather than concrete like the others stands? Don't think I've ever been to any other stadium where anything other than concrete (or what I think is concrete) is used, is this a new thing or will there be a concrete layer put on top?

Its like steel with a hard plastic covering.

Anyone any idea if exiting will be the same as the other 3 stands

Nah we are installing teleportation devices at the bottom of the escalators. 

There is stairs down from the top of the stand,go past sky lounge or whatever it's called.I don't know when Gorgie and main stand concourse will be connected.

Cheers O , no doubt once we get their all will

be revealed

Nah we are installing teleportation devices at the bottom of the escalators.

Wouldn't bother with comedy to much in the future , just not happening for you lad

Fxxx the SPFL

Why have a transfers thread, should i have emailed the club ?

You do realise there are posters who do have some insight into things that they share?

You are aware its unlikely the club will provide certain information?

You are aware you can have discussions on things wihout having the answer?

You know you're still being a dick ? :-)

I thought this thread was to do with the new stand and pictures of it's build if you and BB and FA want to pick holes in design funding or any other issues why not have a separate thread called 'the unhappy stand comments' then we can all just enjoy pictures/photos and not have to put up feckin moaning bar stewards on here.

jambo-in-furness

I thought this thread was to do with the new stand and pictures of it's build if you and BB and FA want to pick holes in design funding or any other issues why not have a separate thread called 'the unhappy stand comments' then we can all just enjoy pictures/photos and not have to put up feckin moaning bar stewards on here.

Hear hear!

It's 2x 4mm steel plates sandwiching a 20mm polyurethane core, very very strong

To be fair this is a thread about the new stand, not just for photos. If people did want a thread only for photos we could do that, but with no comment ( good or bad ) allowed.

August Landmesser

Those pictures were nice. Way back before all the nonsense.

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Edited by August Landmesser

sorry I have been on it outer layer is not steel.

Apparently it has an outer coating and I've read that feels and vibrates like concrete, but according to the link given it's SPS, Sandwich Plate System, which is as described. This is a cross section

about-sps-01.jpg

Edit - it looks like this, right?

sps-terrace-2-small.png

Edited by ManMoth

sorry I have been on it outer layer is not steel.

So have I - I was sure it was steel with a thick polyester paint finish.

The staging does look like it would be a bit slippy when wet/icy.

Presumably we will be painting it?

Its been used for other venues so i imagine it cant be that slippy although it does look like it.

Its been used for other venues so i imagine it cant be that slippy although it does look like it.

Agreed customers buying it would be very conscious of insurance claims were it slippy underfoot.

Do you know know whether there will be free Wi-Fi access?

I don't know. The modern part of me thinks we should embrace all technological and social media advancements.

The old fashioned part of me say "put the bloody phone away". 

There's nothing wrong with debate.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Correct. This is just the wrong thread to be having such a debate though.

It would be nice if we had a negative-comment free thread. A wee sanctuary from the incessant moaning threads that make visiting the forum less enjoyable for many.

Of course, the biggest irony is that the post you quoted is the one doing the moaning while others are discussing the various aspects of the stand build!

If people want a thread that's only pictures, start a thread that's only for pictures. Failing that, they can either learn to deal with my opinions or block me.

Obviously they club aren't going to build steep steps with dangerously slippy materials. I'm just wondering how they are going to achieve it. As we can see from the photos it must either be coated with a material that just looks completely smooth but it quite grippy or absorbant or we will be adding to it. Edited by hughesie27

Obviously they club aren't going to build steep steps with dangerously slippy materials. I'm just wondering how they are going to achieve it. As we can see from the photos it must either be coated with a material that just looks completely smooth but it quite grippy or absorbant or we will be adding to it.

:lol:

Is it possible that you are looking at a photo and gleening all the wrong information from it again? Like when you thought the badge wasn't centred?

Edited by Du?ko

Is it possible that you are looking at a photo and greening all the wrong information from it again? Like when you thought the badge wasn't centred?

I saw a crane in one of the pictures as well. Surely that will obstruct the view no ?

I don't know. The modern part of me thinks we should embrace all technological and social media advancements.

The old fashioned part of me say "put the bloody phone away".

It's handy for half time and if you're there early.

Is it possible that you are looking at a photo and gleening all the wrong information from it again? Like when you thought the badge wasn't centred?

:facepalm: That was a joke. 

Looking at this image do you think the material would do well when water forms on it, possibly ice too?

post-12616-0-79948500-1504292859.jpg

Like I said before, I've no doubt that once compelte it will meet all safety requirements, I'm just curious to see it in the flesh/see what solution we have to ensure it is safe.

Looking at this image do you think the material would do well when water forms on it, possibly ice too?

Like I said before, I've no doubt that once compelte it will meet all safety requirements, I'm just curious to see it in the flesh/see what solution we have to ensure it is safe.

Sure. :thumbsup:

Dunno really. I reckon it's something that will have been taken in to account if it's already been used in a fair few places in the U.K. already though. It's maybe covered in non-slip paint or a non-slip bonding like that which is used on aquarium floors and the like.

Edited by Du?ko

Sure. :thumbsup:

Dunno really. I reckon it's something that will have been taken in to account if it's already been used in a fair few places in the U.K. already though. It's maybe covered in non-slip paint or a non-slip bonding like that which is used on aquarium floors and the like.

If you have a look back it was a sarcastic jibe at Thomaso which he replied knowing it was a piss take.

That's exactly what I am wondering. We currently seem to have a finish similar to the right of this picture, we may well end up with the paint used on the left.

tile_close_up_side_angle.jpg

Edited by hughesie27

Does anyone REALLY think that safety has been ignored; that the designers, builders, H & S etc. might be caught out when it rains???

For a start, that's seating area and, you know, someone might just have thought that they would have to deal with that problem on the stairs and footwells of the seats.

If they haven't, I'm sure that they will be ripping it all out on Monday and carpeting the whole area.

If you have a look back it was a sarcastic jibe at Thomaso which he replied knowing it was a piss take.

That's exactly what I am wondering. We currently seem to have a finish similar to the right of this picture, we may well end up with the paint used on the left.

:D

I suppose it depends what the outer material is made of. Some sort of rubber or plastic alternative would be non-slip but still appear shiny in a photo.

Screw loose as well FFS, wont anyone think of the health and safety!

It's handy for half time and if you're there early.

Maybe there could be an on and off switch for certain times.

Does anyone REALLY think that safety has been ignored; that the designers, builders, H & S etc. might be caught out when it rains???

For a start, that's seating area and, you know, someone might just have thought that they would have to deal with that problem on the stairs and footwells of the seats.

If they haven't, I'm sure that they will be ripping it all out on Monday and carpeting the whole area.

Who is suggesting safety has been ignored?

Starting to wish we had zero access to any images and only got to see it once it was done. We are not building a stand that will become an ice rink in winter, hope that clears up the debate.

Starting to wish we had zero access to any images and only got to see it once it was done. We are not building a stand that will become an ice rink in winter, hope that clears up the debate.

I'm as guilty as anyone for it, but it does sometimes feel a bit like Rolf's Cartoon Club, when even though you know it's one of those shitty little Rolfaroos he's drawing, you just don't see it when he's only drawn it's tail and hair.

Again, I never suggested we were. I wish this board had member who were capable of reading posts properly before assuming everything is an attack on the club.

Jambof3tornado

Haha the wheatfield lower steps used to give us endless entertainment when it was wet. The 4 in our group would guess how many folk would fall on their arses on the way down the steps!!

when you see it close up its more like the left of the picture.