New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

We should have a 'walk of fame' for past heroes and legends

They have similar at the Berlin Olympic stadium

Same around the Juventus stadium

HITLER.........GORING.............

Ps while I'm on the topic of paving, I think it would have been a fun idea to do a Hollywood walk of fame style thing with club legends engraved into marble heart shapes on a path leading up to the main stand.

They could always get Zibbys hand prints set into the paving!

Wouldn't put it passed him missing the concrete with his slap

Would be nice to have some sort of tribute to the guys who were killed or injured during the world wars that were associated with our club. Sort of like a 'this wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you' sort of thing

Would be nice to have some sort of tribute to the guys who were killed or injured during the world wars that were associated with our club. Sort of like a 'this wouldn't be here if it wasn't for you' sort of thing

We already have the soldier statue and the bronze plaque which will go back up on a wall.

siegementality

I believe the plaque from the old stand will be located in the new stand, we have the soldier statue and plenty of references in the museum. I'd say that's enough.

I believe the plaque from the old stand will be located in the new stand, we have the soldier statue and plenty of references in the museum. I'd say that's enough.

Soldier statue out the front would be decent in my opinion. Almost feels like it's in a corner where it is just now

I think we already have a tribute to them. In fact more than one.

siegementality

Soldier statue out the front would be decent in my opinion. Almost feels like it's in a corner where it is just now

Agreed. It certainly would be better being in a more prominent position.

Probably because it is in a corner to be fair...

It's fine where it is for me. We recognise and remember, it holds its place within our home. It really doesn't need to be plastered over everything we do going forward however.

I'd much rather see a walk of fame or even statues in the plaza.

There was a massive thread where quite a few were getting pretty hot under the collar regarding the statue - best that it is left where it is above the Memorial Garden.

August Landmesser

What if it includes Gary MacKay and Elvis. Meltdown on here :sunny:

Or Craig Levein.

:seethe:

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

PhoenixHearts

Agreed. It certainly would be better being in a more prominent position.

I think it's okay where it is, standing over the memorial garden. Subtle and dignified, not too in your face. I wouldn't put it out front 1) because it's obviously more accessible to vandals out there, 2) although it should of course be remembered, what we are as a club should be defined by more than just what the statue represents.

Also, having all of our unique features and memorials around the front main stand would condense things too much. I like that it's current location gives visitors more reason to explore the ground.

Probably because it is in a corner to be fair...

It's fine where it is for me. We recognise and remember, it holds its place within our home. It really doesn't need to be plastered over everything we do going forward however.

I'd much rather see a walk of fame or even statues in the plaza.

I'm sure we will get a new statue of Craig Levein up there in the future - celebrating his 30 years of being a Board Member, Director of Football, and Team Manager.......

:calm:

only in jest.

By the light

There was a massive thread where quite a few were getting pretty hot under the collar regarding the statue - best that it is left where it is above the Memorial Garden.

Agreed. Best to leave it where it is. As part of the Memorial Garden makes sense. People felt the club were hijacking the McCraes thing to the point it becomes a marketing object and devalues it significantly, bordering on being disrespectful. It was all becoming a bit crass and twee to plaster it everywhere.

Like the idea of statues for former players or something to mark the significance of the 50s team though.

Agreed. Best to leave it where it is. As part of the Memorial Garden makes sense. People felt the club were hijacking the McCraes thing to the point it becomes a marketing object and devalues it significantly, bordering on being disrespectful. It was all becoming a bit crass and twee to plaster it everywhere.

Like the idea of statues for former players or something to mark the significance of the 50s team though.

Would love a statue of the 'Terrible trio" up there - Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh.

And both Gary and Steven should be on it. Edited by DETTY29

The Treasurer

Would love a statue of the 'Terrible trio" up there - Conn, Bauld and Wardhaugh.

There's a fantastic statue that was near Upton Park (I think it's being relocated to the Olympic Stadium) that commemorates when West Ham "won" the World Cup.  :tiny: 

Something along those lines would look great in front of our new stand.

The statue has to be of the man who kept us at Tynecastle and the woman who gave us the lovely new stand.

Mr Romanov and Mrs Budge, hand in hand. :wub:

August Landmesser

One of Rudi . :sob:

in the 'telling Hibs to **** off home' pose after his first Derby goal.

The Natural Order

in the 'telling Hibs to **** off home' pose after his first Derby goal.

Nah. This in life size bronze on top of the new Roseburn turnstiles, looking down on and reminding the Leithiopians.

Hska00m.jpg

August Landmesser

Nah. This in life size bronze on top of the new Roseburn turnstiles, looking down on and reminding the Leithiopians.

Hska00m.jpg

:yas:

:fth:

Captain Bubblebeard

Hska00m.jpg

I would very, very happily make a donation towards this! Two time Scottish Cup winner and modern day legend.

By the light

Hska00m.jpg

I'd much rather have the one of Robbo with his hand on his heart lifting the cup in '98.  He was my hero growing up, I don't hero worship players any more (must be an age thing) so while Rudi is a legend, I don't get all misty eyed about him.

Robbo for me every day of the week.

Captain Bubblebeard

I'd much rather have the one of Robbo with his hand on his heart lifting the cup in '98.  He was my hero growing up, I don't hero worship players any more (must be an age thing) so while Rudi is a legend, I don't get all misty eyed about him.

Robbo for me every day of the week.

Would also happily donate for this. The wife's going to be asking questions about our finances at this rate!

maroonlegions

Hska00m.jpg

A day that will never be erased in the memories of every Hibbie who was there , who was at home ,or in the pub  who was watching this unfold.

Greatest derby win in all derbies every played.  FTH.

Edited by maroonlegions

maybe if we have money left over we can get a muriel in the away entrance of the hibs fans in their relegation party hats ay tynie when they relegated us

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hska00m.jpg

Great photo. Some people in background aren't celebrating !

Ho ho ! Roond ye, Hibs. Was just to the right of that and it was a fantastic moment.

So that's now 96 pages of delusion, denial, jealousy and conspiracy theories about our new stand on .net. They really are a strange bunch.

John Findlay

Is Jesse Owens one of them?

maybe if we have money left over we can get a muriel in the away entrance of the hibs fans in their relegation party hats ay tynie when they relegated us

Maybe she could do some face painting or hand out balloons....lol

Bloody predictive text eh? I wanted us to sign 'Mould' on the transfer thread...mind you we've signed some players that gathered plenty in the last few seasons :D

So that's now 96 pages of delusion, denial, jealousy and conspiracy theories about our new stand on .net. They really are a strange bunch.

And having the cheek to claim we owe money to people.Sheer desperation.Get the Name and Badge up,tip them over the edge.

f6413b09b1b53bc4d2232849f686a769.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

siegementality

I think it's okay where it is, standing over the memorial garden. Subtle and dignified, not too in your face. I wouldn't put it out front 1) because it's obviously more accessible to vandals out there, 2) although it should of course be remembered, what we are as a club should be defined by more than just what the statue represents.

Also, having all of our unique features and memorials around the front main stand would condense things too much. I like that it's current location gives visitors more reason to explore the ground.

Agreed. Though it might have been good if there was some platform above the main doorway built, with the statue on the platform, guarding all things HMFC. It would mean the first things you seen when entering the new stand is our past, and present. Hopefully what you see on the park will be our future.

Does a machine lay the bricks or is it all done by hand? cause that's a lot of bricks

Guy was laying by hand this afternoon,done a good few m2, since the back of two.

Jambo dans les Pyrenees

On my way home earlier

112731_1.jpg

560554_2.jpg

531711_3.jpg

747693_4.jpg

131595_5.jpg

234626_6.jpg

953269_7.jpg

If the security guy in the hi-vis jacket moves, the whole stand falls to pieces.

Unknown user

Does a machine lay the bricks or is it all done by hand? cause that's a lot of bricks

I saw experienced guys on site monoblocking once, they were amazing, fast as anything.

Not as fast as this guy right enough

Are the grey bits in the maroon and red ends just so that people can see out?

The ends really frame the whole thing well and the endcaps have made them look terrific at the bits they've been installed on.