New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Is Jesse Owens one of them?

His name is on a plaque along with other gold medal winners behind the goals above the first level of seating

I saw experienced guys on site monoblocking once, they were amazing, fast as anything.

Not as fast as this guy right enough

That's like a You Bet! challenge.

One for the kids there obv.

Are the grey bits in the maroon and red ends just so that people can see out?

The ends really frame the whole thing well and the endcaps have made them look terrific at the bits they've been installed on.

I think that's what the clear bits are for ;)

John Findlay

His name is on a plaque along with other gold medal winners behind the goals above the first level of seating

Brilliant. More than deserves to be honoured.

A massive difference those maroon caps make, really finishes it off well. 

Yeah, they do make a huge difference. They really pull it all together, making the redder panes seem less red and more of a lighter shade of maroon. Can't wait to see it all finished.

Yeah, they do make a huge difference. They really pull it all together, making the redder panes seem less red and more of a lighter shade of maroon. Can't wait to see it all finished.

too many people moaning before it's complete,it's going to look stunning.

too many people moaning before it's complete,it's going to look stunning.

Agreed. It's going to be fantastic :)

Wouldn't be putting a statue up at the moment.

Some set of arsehole ***** would be along pulling it down or putting a veil over it within days

Give it 6 months

That's like a You Bet! challenge.

One for the kids there obv.

Swines at work claim they dont remember the show whenever I crack a You Bet funny!!!

maybe if we have money left over we can get a muriel in the away entrance of the hibs fans in their relegation party hats ay tynie when they relegated us

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Splendid. I'll chip in.

Thanks again Kila. It really is fantastic. Can't wait to get back to Edinburgh to see it.

We got a new stadium here 17 years ago. It's a concrete eye-bleeding monstrosity. Just a cautionery note of how this could have been without the vision of AB.

Soldier statue out the front would be decent in my opinion. Almost feels like it's in a corner where it is just now

Not a fan of it myself so hopefully it gets kept where it is.

Guy was laying by hand this afternoon,done a good few m2, since the back of two.

They're laid by hand.  It's actually surprising how quickly they go down once you've got the hardcore (insert an 'ooer' here) base sorted.  Usually laid on a mix of sand and cement in a herringbone pattern.  I feel like I've almost made a construction-related contribution to this thread.

Buffalo Bill

They're laid by hand.  It's actually surprising how quickly they go down once you've got the hardcore (insert an 'ooer' here) base sorted.  Usually laid on a mix of sand and cement in a herringbone pattern.  I feel like I've almost made a construction-related contribution to this thread.

I know how you feel. I was talking to someone about lightweight composites as if I were Nick ****ing Knowles.

Following this thread through to completion should surely be worthy of a Scotvec module in "Construction, Aesthetics and Historical Building Trends".

The Treasurer

Shamelessly plucked from facebook ....

21271015_1042345645868256_62120487836504

Looking at that picture, I can't help thinking that the lack of seats is not the only reason we couldn't play the sheep at home next week.

Hagar the Horrible

Looking at that picture, I can't help thinking that the lack of seats is not the only reason we couldn't play the sheep at home next week.

Had a look earlier, they a are working hard to get the paving down at the front, loads of guys all over the stand working hard,  Turnstyles being put in, but the stand its self is nowhere near ready seats or not????  The front tier is not in yet.

I think the club itself was just a wee bit over ambitious thinking this would be ready,  look how long it took for the High Six bridge to be ready

We are working to a re-scheduled programme now.

Fxxx the SPFL

Yep methinks they are doing far more at the front of the stand than they had origionally planned knowing that they have until November to ensure all the seats are in.

taking advantage of good weather and all that.

You are the expert, but even after rescheduling we seem way off. We are still pouring concrete. Just an observation.

Regardless it is what it is! I will look forward to the updates and our first home game on the 5th of November. 

Yep methinks they are doing far more at the front of the stand than they had origionally planned knowing that they have until November to ensure all the seats are in.

taking advantage of good weather and all that.

Still feels like we should be getting it ready for bums on seats regardless of how much time we have. It's the kind of thing that will turn round and bite us if we take for granted the time we have.

Still feels like we should be getting it ready for bums on seats regardless of how much time we have. It's the kind of thing that will turn round and bite us if we take for granted the time we have.

Who's taking time for granted?

The Treasurer

Fair enough Thomaso but it still looks like a hell of a lot that was still to be completed in the original timescale.

All irrelevant now of course.

Fair enough Thomaso but it still looks like a hell of a lot that was still to be completed in the original timescale.

All irrelevant now of course.

All I can say is that the PM had put together an achievable programme to complete seated areas, and give the fans safe access/exit from the stand, with temporary toilets,etc, for the Aberdeen game.

Looks like the staging is pre-drilled for the seats.  Two holes per seat, bolt them in.  Will be quick to install and easy to replace broken seats IMO.

There is a horizontal rail that is bolted on where the holes are and the seats are fixed to the rail.

Took these five minutes ago...

8b15371f6acf0c73b17f950ae6720498.jpg

42e340676f76206d58e7b600947436fb.jpg

26fc8bb4dbc74fe6d83a2b488d5a9a24.jpg

27609fd0772e3612eb6701dbb3feb84a.jpg

6b54d38e3ebe3449e71ec5fad099ed54.jpg

ad99f4149e81ce907bfb0ea069acb902.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought the grey areas were getting grey caps ? Edited by Jamboelite

I thought the grey areas were getting grey caps ?

Maybe just the main grey curtain? Personally think the maroon caps on the grey end blocks looks class.

Big Slim Stylee

I know how you feel. I was talking to someone about lightweight composites as if I were Nick ******* Knowles.

I'm renowned for my inability to even put up a set of shelves. However, after being educated by this thread, I'm considering handling the planned extension on the house myself.

Confidently predicting it'll be a dawdle.

FarmerTweedy

Despite the seat ordering fiasco, I'm confident that the people running the project have a better idea of what's the best way to schedule the building work on the project than you do!

Following this thread through to completion should surely be worthy of a Scotvec module in "Construction, Aesthetics and Historical Building Trends".

:brucey:

All I can say is that the PM had put together an achievable programme to complete seated areas, and give the fans safe access/exit from the stand, with temporary toilets,etc, for the Aberdeen game.

I supported it at the East Fife game a week later, no way,then the seat debacle came out.

I really do hate giving my worked for cash to amateurs, or were they liers ?

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

1131444.png

Comparing these two pics, the illustration Hearts released lacks the grey tiles above the clear glass on the rooftop lounge. Wonder why the difference? More speculation that there might be a rooftop terrace on top of the rooftop lounge :whistling:

Edited by kila

Comparing these two pics, the illustration Hearts released lacks the grey tiles above the clear glass on the rooftop lounge. Wonder why the difference? More speculation that there might be a rooftop terrace on top of the rooftop lounge :whistling:

Said it before, typical Edinburgh, fur coat and nae knickers. Lovely outside, nae freckin' seats inside, you have let us down big time here Hearts with lack of management and honesty

Fxxx the SPFL

Said it before, typical Edinburgh, fur coat and nae knickers. Lovely outside, nae freckin' seats inside, you have let us down big time here Hearts with lack of management and honesty

your a cheery fecker mumping about having to go to Murrayfield now the stand lol.

All roads lead to Gorgie

Not on the side bits

1131444.png

Not on the side bits

1131444.png

Not on the side bits

1131444.png

I hope we are still getting the maroon banding along the top of the front section. That looks good on this mock up.

Why is the quote function posting three times now. Annoying as feck. Sorry folks !

Edited by All roads lead to Gorgie

Took these five minutes ago...

8b15371f6acf0c73b17f950ae6720498.jpg

26fc8bb4dbc74fe6d83a2b488d5a9a24.jpg

27609fd0772e3612eb6701dbb3feb84a.jpg

6b54d38e3ebe3449e71ec5fad099ed54.jpg

ad99f4149e81ce907bfb0ea069acb902.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great photos!! She's really starting to take shape.

Edited by Marwood81

your a cheery fecker mumping about having to go to Murrayfield now the stand lol.

I'm not going to murrayfield so far, ticket arrived today, I gave it away to a neighbour.

The point of your comment eludes me ? but yes, I have a good and well earned reputation for being a "cheeky fecker" [emoji15]