New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

All roads lead to Gorgie

Don't let this thread go downhill again with trolling  :thumbsdown: 

What will the decking sound like when you are walking on it?

Concrete and quiet or metallic and loud?

Could be some noise with a bit of feet stamping.

Ever been in the away end at Inverness?

It'll be nothing like that!

i was at an Orlando city game a few weeks back and they've just built a brand new stadium and the floor is some sort of metal. It makes for a great atmosphere when they all stamping on it. If ours is anything like that it will be pretty decent.

I tried stamping on ours today,it's going to sound fantastic.

FarmerTweedy

Said it before, typical Edinburgh, fur coat and nae knickers. Lovely outside, nae freckin' seats inside, you have let us down big time here Hearts with lack of management and honesty

Sent from my FDR-A01L using Tapatalk

WTF are you on about????

I supported it at the East Fife game a week later, no way,then the seat debacle came out.

I really do hate giving my worked for cash to amateurs, or were they liers ?

What does this actually mean ?? Im not being funny I genuinely have no idea what this means.

I'm renowned for my inability to even put up a set of shelves. However, after being educated by this thread, I'm considering handling the planned extension on the house myself.

Confidently predicting it'll be a dawdle.

Admirable but don't forget to order the seats and for goodness sake, make proper arrangements for the police box.

According to hibs.net , three of the five brickirs on site have left due to an argument about dodgy brickwork and the lift shaft is squint - will this nightmare never end????

According to hibs.net , three of the five brickirs on site have left due to an argument about dodgy brickwork and the lift shaft is squint - will this nightmare never end????

:rofl:

These people.

I know. That thread is just brilliant. I'm disappointed that they've given up though on the adjacent tenements which were due to collapse any minute having been destabilized due to the piling work.

I supported it at the East Fife game a week later, no way,then the seat debacle came out.

I really do hate giving my worked for cash to amateurs, or were they liers ?

Sorry mate, a grown up is going to have to post that for you in english - no idea what you are saying there!!

Edited by Thomaso

I hope we are still getting the maroon banding along the top of the front section. That looks good on this mock up.

Why is the quote function posting three times now. Annoying as feck. Sorry folks !

The top coping will be in maroon

That 'Hearts New Stand' thread over there will shortly hit 100 pages.  A one hundred page thread with about 3,000 posts, and 257,000 views, and the subject of their intense interest - another football club's new stand.

Let that sink in for a minute.

There's obsessive, but these creepy *******s take it to another level.  

Edited by Nobreath

That 'Hearts New Stand' thread over there will shortly hit 100 pages. A one hundred page thread with about 3,000 posts, and 257,000 views, and the subject of their intense interest - another football club's new stand.

Let that sink in for a minute.

There's obsessive, but these creepy *******s take it to another level.

It's hilarious. They're coming out with all their "sources" about how it's a shambles and won't be completed until January. Constantly telling themselves that it's going to shite and looks like a 60's/70's office block. Absolute freaks, the lot of them.

jamboinglasgow

Took these five minutes ago...

42e340676f76206d58e7b600947436fb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

first seeing this photo, I only had it on the screen from where the paving ends upwards. So it made it look more like it  does when it is finished. Thought it made the stand look different and better.

It's hilarious. They're coming out with all their "sources" about how it's a shambles and won't be completed until January. Constantly telling themselves that it's going to shite and looks like a 60's/70's office block. Absolute freaks, the lot of them.

Where did they get that idea from.......

It's not only that. Budgie is robbing us blind. The money has run out. It'll never be finished because we've stopped paying the contractors. Staff wage payments will be delayed soon. And if all that's not bad enough, Lady Haig is back in our sights.

It's not only that. Budgie is robbing us blind. The money has run out. It'll never be finished because we've stopped paying the contractors. Staff wage payments will be delayed soon. And if all that's not bad enough, Lady Haig is back in our sights.

Got a mate who has worked tirelessly on the project from the beginning, according to him, had the seat debacle not happened then no doubt the stand will have been ready for the Aberdeen match, however, since the 'minor' balls up the external work has been ramped up a bit including the inside of the stand which would not be ready for the 9th sept, as we all knew. Seems fairly obvious to me anyway now that it's been delayed by 2 months other aspects of the build will take priority.

To elaborate, at East Fife game, comments were made on stand being ready for 9th sept. I said they must be meeting their programme KPI's or it would be flagged up for a delay. One week later, visually obvious on progress, programme date would not be met.

After this, seats, haven't been ordered, I would surmise, supplier would want a pro forma payment, so hold off order till last minute. When order is eventually placed, supplier informs you, that you missed your delivery time slot window. It's what suppliers do, once they have your money, I was a tier 2 buyer in construction for RBS, NatWest (same company) and Nationwide. Good fun, your procurement schedule of both contractors and materials dictate your programme, labour require materials, their availability is most important.

Perhaps we have not been deliberately misled, construction has been excellent, it would have been better to have been less optimistic at the outset.

I would still have bought my season ticket, but felt less cheated, I'm still paying to FOH, it needs sorted on the pitch though.

Big Slim Stylee

To elaborate, at East Fife game, comments were made on stand being ready for 9th sept. I said they must be meeting their programme KPI's or it would be flagged up for a delay. One week later, visually obvious on progress, programme date would not be met.

After this, seats, haven't been ordered, I would surmise, supplier would want a pro forma payment, so hold off order till last minute. When order is eventually placed, supplier informs you, that you missed your delivery time slot window. It's what suppliers do, once they have your money, I was a tier 2 buyer in construction for RBS, NatWest (same company) and Nationwide. Good fun, your procurement schedule of both contractors and materials dictate your programme, labour require materials, their availability is most important.

Perhaps we have not been deliberately misled, construction has been excellent, it would have been better to have been less optimistic at the outset.

I would still have bought my season ticket, but felt less cheated, I'm still paying to FOH, it needs sorted on the pitch though.

Nope. Still not with you there....

Where did they get that idea from.......

Well I've said it looks like a 60s office block, Crossbow House in Slough to be specific, but then it's my honest opinion so why shouldn't I?

Fxxx the SPFL

Well I've said it looks like a 60s office block, Crossbow House in Slough to be specific, but then it's my honest opinion so why shouldn't I?

everyone has opinions and I have no problem with yours unfortunately some posters keep droning on about it I think that's what irks some folks. Let's all wait and see what the finished product looks like.

working for RBS, then surely you would know all about loans? [emoji6]

Nope. Still not with you there....

Canny Be bothered with the hard of thinking, bye !

working for RBS, then surely you would know all about loans? [emoji6]

I was in the supply chain for RBS, it was absolutely disgusting, the amount of money, their design teams wasted. Once The design was finalised, we could place orders. Once the design was finalised, the designers were out of job, so they would change it.

Customer is always right ? Until you are into a tier 2 or pro forma scenario. Tier 2 means you have to buy from one particular specified by the client supplier, at their agreed rates and delivery schedules.

Despite the seat ordering fiasco, I'm confident that the people running the project have a better idea of what's the best way to schedule the building work on the project than you do!

State the obvious!

Big Slim Stylee

I was in the supply chain for RBS, it was absolutely disgusting, the amount of money, their design teams wasted. Once The design was finalised, we could place orders. Once the design was finalised, the designers were out of job, so they would change it.

Customer is always right ? Until you are into a tier 2 or pro forma scenario. Tier 2 means you have to buy from one particular specified by the client supplier, at their agreed rates and delivery schedules.

If you were part of the supply chain, that explains a lot.

From hobos.net

fat freddy 09:41 PM Yesterday

Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

January now a more likely completion date.

The thread has now reached 100 pages.

From hobos.net

Heard tonight that another two brickies walked off site today, arguments over the turnstyle build, they were told to re-do some work but weren't happy with the terms on offer.

The lift shaft is becoming increasingly problematic, it has been built in the same manner as The Leaning Tower of Pisa and is several centimetres off between top and bottom, it could be costly when it comes to putting the lift in position.

They've also ordered the wrong size of lintels for the openings at the lift doors, I hope they're not going to do any short cuts to remedy this problem.

Morale is at an all time low on site, some of the management are at breaking point, I'm hearing from some involved that its one of the worst run jobs they've ever been on.

Actually :laugh: 'd, will they never learn??

If you were part of the supply chain, that explains a lot.

Have you always been an eejit, or was it a condition you worked and strived for ?

Did Yoda type that for you?

:calm:

it was only a wee joke Mothy

Big Slim Stylee

Have you always been an eejit, or was it a condition you worked and strived for ?

You're genuinely not doing very well here.

I'm quite comfortable with it,feel a bit sad for you, I'll get over it though, don't fash yerself, thanks

Grow a pair ya balloon, english language is obviously a problem for you, step away from the keyboard

It's also now costing 16 million.

How much is it costing? Now the transfer window (the reason given by many for the silence) is closed we can announce it, yeah?

From hobos.net

This lot are unreal I have never come across so much bitterness in a support I had a long think about it and have come to the conclusion that they are just jealous.

This lot are unreal I have never come across so much bitterness in a support I had a long think about it and have come to the conclusion that they are just jealous wankers.

Ftfy :thumbsup:

How much is it costing? Now the transfer window (the reason given by many for the silence) is closed we can announce it, yeah?

2 million over budget last we heard. The seating situation shouldn't had added much to the cost I would imagine. Don't see it delaying the final expected deadline of January/February for total completion.

2 million over budget last we heard. The seating situation shouldn't had added much to the cost I would imagine. Don't see it delaying the final expected deadline of January/February for total completion.

Thanks for that. What was the source?

Grow a pair ya balloon, english language is obviously a problem for you, step away from the keyboard

sorry but the only one having problems with English is yourself. I've read your posts a couple of times and, although your second attempt made a bit more sense than your first hilarious post, still not quite sure what your point is. You have been told repeatedly that, if the seats had been ordered properly and on time, then the stand would have been ready to admit spectators for the Aberdeen game.