New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Sorry double post don't think that's a crane looks more like a concrete pump but agree stand looking good

I STAND corrected ! :) 

Hagar the Horrible

Hate the place, taken from the Copeland Road end I see...

To be fair it is a proper football stadium, and I do the corporate thing, and always been treated like royalty.  It is being run down by yet another regime who would sacrifice the essential work needing done to pay over the odds for players who will never be in the same league as Celtic.

Besides thay have kindly kept reminders of that team that used to play there until 2011

The Future's Maroon

Great to see the place opening up a bit.

The plans show one larger and one slightly smaller Hearts crest in the paving on the piazza area.

Does anyone know how that will be inserted? Is it by brick, or somehow painted/sprayed onto the surface?

Funny that has been brought up, I was speaking to my mate who on the ground works, he has been asked to do the badge, in monoblock.....he is a Hibs fan, but very very good at his job. He was joking with me he would let someone else do it or do a shady job on it....yes I said joking, he will do an excellent job. Just one badge I believe.

sandylejambo

I've never seen a crane with as many joints as that red one has... it's like a giant spider leg ... yuk.

The stand looks great though! 

Pochin, for pumping concrete to the required spot

FarmerTweedy

How did we manage to order seats for Section H but not for the new stand?

I don't think they'll be new seats, I'm sure I read somewhere that they were getting a company in that would restore the seats by giving them a coating of a fadeproof product that's basically a form of plastic paint (sort of)!

Buffalo Bill

I don't think they'll be new seats, I'm sure I read somewhere that they were getting a company in that would restore the seats by giving them a coating of a fadeproof product that's basically a form of plastic paint (sort of)!

Good enough for me. The rest of the Roseburn was looking its usual tatty, run-down self for today's photo op. Get those seats lacquered up!

554716-ann-budge-and-craig-levein.jpg

Funny that has been brought up, I was speaking to my mate who on the ground works, he has been asked to do the badge, in monoblock.....he is a Hibs fan, but very very good at his job. He was joking with me he would let someone else do it or do a shady job on it....yes I said joking, he will do an excellent job. Just one badge I believe.

That makes good reading. Cannot wait to see it. Cheers for posting that!

The Future's Maroon

I think there is a border going round it with the badge in the middle, as mentioned already today it's one of my mates who has been asked to do it.

The Future's Maroon

Take it pic 3 is the space for the mono block badge? Can someone explain how these things are done...is it all pre planned on computer with blocks cut to specific shapes/sizes? Or is the badge pattern just made with 'full' sized monoblocks?

It will be yes, my mate said it's 'free hand' hence why he was asked to do it, not his normal job laying monoblock or getting his hands dirty anymore but his gaffer wants him to do the badge.

It will be yes, my mate said it's 'free hand' hence why he was asked to do it, not his normal job laying monoblock or getting his hands dirty anymore but his gaffer wants him to do the badge.

Sorry TFM, it will be yes what? Pre cast blocks made specifically for a Hearts badge 'jigsaw' if you like, or just normal sized blocks arranged in a Hearts badge pattern?

Sorry if being pedantic, just tryin to get my head around what it'll look like. Cheers.

Thanks, Obua.

The big crest is going to be magnificent...and a great meeting point!

Not when it's rammed after everyone decides it's a great meeting point :lol:

The Future's Maroon

Sorry TFM, it will be yes what? Pre cast blocks made specifically for a Hearts badge 'jigsaw' if you like, or just normal sized blocks arranged in a Hearts badge pattern?

Sorry if being pedantic, just tryin to get my head around what it'll look like. Cheers.

yes, the 3rd pic.

As for how it will look, I am sure there is a pic of what it would potentially look like....it maybe different now to that as there have been lots of admendments to the original drawings.

Edited by The Future's Maroon

yes, the 3rd pic.

As for how it will look, I am sure there is a pic of what it would potentially look like....it maybe different now to that as there have been lots of

admendments to the original drawings.

Ok cheers bud. Appreciate the info you've given, ta.

Governor Tarkin

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but see this composite material stuff we've shipped in from the Far East, does anyone know if any other stadia are constructed with it, or are we the guinea pigs?

Few pics as I've just passed the site. Amazing progress...

697b3735a3d6b3811db1e8928ab904b0.jpg

96a2349c21fd718eb0be4e0193123ab6.jpg

1b61da88fe593a2cbb4bee8ba5bcdc30.jpg

10db8b59af035d7a3a9d812b8c294351.jpg

8b1fe59830bb67052b9b86ae6925924a.jpg

e942636de76d092de9a5d0cd93231578.jpg

On the gable end, some of the permanent caps have been put up between the panels and WHAT a difference. Really makes a much better look than the grey caps. You can see the difference in the photos below...

4c9d5818ad3b45a062dbbbc900ab23f0.jpg

71f0e30666bfd6e71988a0c3106a04f1.jpg

Given the real difference between the grey caps and the 'finished' look, it might be a bit premature passing comment on how the main glass panel looks. It's not finished, and it'll look so different when it is. As someone on this thread said pages and pages ago, there's some on here passing comment on a ladies look, based upon only her skeleton :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scott herbertson

Thank you to all those posting pics. Not been in Edinburgh for a bit and looking forward to seeing it in person next week

The maroon caps look great, i have this vision of the front of the stand being a giant Hearts scarf , maroon at the ends with the red glass being the slight folds , white section in the middle with a big Hearts badge and Tynecatle Park written above.

Might just be me though [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

August Landmesser

Those maroon caps are a great touch. Lovely stuff!

Thanks to all the photographers as usual too. You're doing great work

Sent from my FP2 using Tapatalk

Romanov Stole My Pension

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere, but see this composite material stuff we've shipped in from the Far East, does anyone know if any other stadia are constructed with it, or are we the guinea pigs?

I'm interested to know the answer to this too.

Another question.... are the new main stand turnstiles electronic or will there be a member of staff there to scan our ticket?

Cheers to whoever knows.

kingsknowe_jambo

I believe similar composite material was used at the London Olympic stadium.

Another question.... are the new main stand turnstiles electronic or will there be a member of staff there to scan our ticket?

Cheers to whoever knows.

Pretty sure a few pages back they were confirmed as being electronic, looks at the picture I think that will be the case as doesn't look like there is room for stewards

First stadium/arena use of composite staging seems to have been at Ascot: http://www.building.co.uk/stadium-terracing-good-to-firm/3112936.article

bernardbresslawsarmchair

The maroon caps help the red panels blend in much better.

The maroon caps help the red panels blend in much better.

Take it the maroon caps are going on the front as well makes it look so much better

Pretty sure a few pages back they were confirmed as being electronic, looks at the picture I think that will be the case as doesn't look like there is room for stewards

its been said on here they are electronic.The ones in the pics are the away turnstiles.

Take it the maroon caps are going on the front as well makes it look so much better

Maroon caps on the front would look terrible in my opinion, they are to be grey.

They do make a big difference though...