New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Love that second picture showing the paving. Really starting to come together.

Looks like a completely different location. Can't wait to see it finished

Fraggle Rock

trust me i'm a glazier and i know a broker pane of toughened glass when i see it,

Aye pish !

Looks like the reflection of the tree or hedge along with portacabin or highschool reflection.

Aye pish !

Looks like the reflection of the tree or hedge along with portacabin or highschool reflection.

A lower glass pane was broken by the groundwork contractor's digger arm a couple of weeks ago.

Fraggle Rock

A lower glass pane was broken by the groundwork contractor's digger arm a couple of weeks ago.

Aye pish ..... thats me telt. :2thumbsup:

It's going to look spectacular when finished.  Can't wait.  Hopefully we will soon have a team to match!!

Regarding an outside pop up bar, I'd be keen to see some sort of subscription model introduced. ?10-?20 a year or something which gains you access.

That way it won't be a free for all.

Hagar the Horrible

Hopefully Ann is planning an ice rink for the McLeod Street plaza in winter.

I would like a german market with stalls of german sausages and beer and mulled wine,  keep the silly hats and the smelly candles though

The Future's Maroon

interesting, I wonder if it was my mate driving the digger...could have been deliberate as he is a hobo (joking of course, he is too professional to let footy loyalties dictate him smashing a window).

Lucky it's only one unit, it could have damaged the frame and caused a lot more repair work.

I would like a german market with stalls of german sausages and beer and mulled wine,  keep the silly hats and the smelly candles though

Complete with Oompah Band belting on the hits like 'Henry Smith' and 'The Hearts Song'...

Hagar the Horrible

Complete with Oompah Band belting on the hits like 'Henry Smith' and 'The Hearts Song'...

I always provide my own Oompah band!!!!!  especially after the sausage and the beer

Buffalo Bill

From the BSB Structural Ltd Facebook page.

20992737_494049540945621_735893532279446

20992596_494049544278954_255312205333268

21034572_494049547612287_752745842953017

Edited by Buffalo Bill

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Fabulous pics. Thanks guys. Sorry if it's been asked a thousand times already but is the badge going on the front of the glass?

Cut The Crap

20992596_494049544278954_255312205333268

It might just be me, but I can't help but look at that, project the staging down ten rows(?) at a shallower rake, and think that the bottom of the stand is going to be over the touchline.

Craig Herbertson

Nipped up this morning. Couldn't get a decent photo but it was hive of activity. Can't fault the effort being put in.

By the light

It might just be me, but I can't help but look at that, project the staging down ten rows(?) at a shallower rake, and think that the bottom of the stand is going to be over the touchline.

That was my first thought when I saw that pic. Must just be a tropical illusion

Fabulous pics. Thanks guys. Sorry if it's been asked a thousand times already but is the badge going on the front of the glass?

I believe it's going to be an outline of Steven Pressley's face made from neon lighting.

Yes, the badge is going on the facade!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

I believe it's going to be an outline of Steven Pressley's face made from neon lighting.

Yes, the badge is going on the facade!

:) Thanks.

All roads lead to Gorgie

That was my first thought when I saw that pic. Must just be a tropical illusion

I know it is quite warm today but I am not seeing the palm trees.  :sunny: 

Big thank you to Obua and Kila for the awesome pictures, i cant wait to be back in Gorgie towards the end of October to see what it looks like. The last time i stood in front of it was back in February as they were completing the steelwork and the old stand was still there. PS.. Obua that panoramic photo is great but is there any chance you can go up to the highest point  possible up the next flight of stairs towards the middle of the stand and take the panoramic photo from there Please!! I have been asking for months now and your photo is the closest yet ;)

you mean like this.post-12616-0-24976200-1503591138_thumb.jpg

Heartsofgold

Is there any coating going on the new decking?  Otherwise It'll be more than a bit slippy.

Also, I know that someone said the composite is lighter and stronger than concrete but is there any give in it or is it very rigid like concrete?

All roads lead to Gorgie

The last section looks like it could be problematic to fit with the police box still there but we will have taken that into consideration I'm sure.

Great photos folks. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

:lol:

Product-Drinks-can-lilt.png

What about a " Tropical Illusion Day" to open the new stand and we all come suitably dressed.  :sunny: 

On second thoughts it could be Baltic by then.  :tiny: 

Really good photos

Inside transforming so quickly now

Red panels look so different depending on daylight but also camera quality - red the hardest colour for a camera sensor to produce so the vibrance is never accurate unless you see it with your own eyes

On the facade is it still only the pressure plates that had been installed? If so any idea when the final caps will be installed over the glass and are they the same size or bigger than the pressure plates?

On the facade is it still only the pressure plates that had been installed? If so any idea when the final caps will be installed over the glass and are they the same size or bigger than the pressure plates?

Pretty certain Thomaso said more less same size give or take a few mm.

The bottom tier seats won't start where the top ones finish, they will start quite a bit lower.

20992737_494049540945621_735893532279446

Tremendous scenes! Thanks for posting these.

:clumshot:

Edited by Hearts_fan