New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

I assume the steel goes around the police box frame, will the staging need re-done once the police box goes by that side as more steel is added?

no lower steel not in yet

I assume the steel goes around the police box frame, will the staging need re-done once the police box goes by that side as more steel is added?

Someone posted that the plan was to strip the police box back to stop it restricting the view but it contains a huge amount of equipment for the stadium and so isn't that easy.

Then the police unit may or may not be relocated in the new stand.

Edited by Jamboelite

Someone posted that the plan was to strip the police box back to stop it restricting the view but it contains a huge amount of equipment for the stadium and so isn't that easy.

Then the police unit may or may not be relocated in the new stand.

Its not just a police box,its the stadium control room with all that entails,cctv,fire control,etc.

Its not just a police box,its the stadium control room with all that entails,cctv,fire control,etc.

So the seat delay helping sort out the control room problem?

Wont be restricted for too long.

Wont be restricted for too long.

Great photos.

Will the metal ducting on the 1st floor concourse area be hidden by a false ceiling or left visible as it currently is?

Edited by ADAM

Yup that was it and it also has the floodlight right through it.

Great photos.

Will the metal ducting on the 1st floor concourse area be hidden by a false ceiling or left visible as it currently is?

There is no false ceiling.

Some photos on my way home earlier - stand looks great in this sort of light, no doubt get a lot of stunning angles over winter with the low sun

They've started on the front paving:

260527_a.jpg

874653_b.jpg

181005_c.jpg

703850_d.jpg

Bad Religion

Some photos on my way home earlier - stand looks great in this sort of light, no doubt get a lot of stunning angles over winter with the low sun

260527_a.jpg

874653_b.jpg

181005_c.jpg

703850_d.jpg

Love that second picture showing the paving. Really starting to come together.

Clark Griswold

The recent pictures show some decent progress being made, thanks obua and kila for uploading. Can't wait to see the finished stand, it gonna be a thing of beauty when it's done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

By the light

The Three Sisters in the Cowgate is a decent example of what you suggest, a Stage with giant screen, brolly's, tables, bar, themed events, & enough room for a couple of hundred punters or more, Pre & post match football I'd imagine would generate a decent amount of cash.

Only stumbling block is wether local residents & licensing would permit on non match days.

That would be perfect. Few of they patio heaters in winter, some hot drinks as well. Could do a Christmas market thing around that time and sell shit loads of Hearts gear.

Just open it on match days, doesn't need to be open at other times.

What a relief to log onto the thread and see some pictures!

Thanks Obua. Mind if I post them on the Facebook group?

no problem, I will try and get some new angles tomorrow if I'm not to busy,deadline and all that.

no problem, I will try and get some new angles tomorrow if I'm not to busy,deadline and all that.

Thanks for the pics obua......you are obviously an "expert" already despite your initial doubts :2thumbsup:

Thanks also to kila for his continued contributions.

In fact, THANKS to all the guys who continue to update this thread with their photographic skills.

260527_a.jpg

874653_b.jpg

181005_c.jpg

703850_d.jpg

Really like these pictures. Those red and maroon panes really make a huge difference to the look of the stand.

Thanks for the pics obua......you are obviously an "expert" already despite your initial doubts :2thumbsup:

Thanks also to kila for his continued contributions.

In fact, THANKS to all the guys who continue to update this thread with their photographic skills.

Its easier to post pics on here than I was told,no need to load them elsewhere.I found it in more reply options,simples.

260527_a.jpg

874653_b.jpg

181005_c.jpg

703850_d.jpg

looks like a broken pane of glass in picture two on the bottom, seven in from the right

looks like a broken pane of glass in picture two on the bottom, seven in from the right

No it's protective plastic sheets inside leaning against the glass,it's all along lower clear glass.Another reason not to judge until jobs complete

No it's protective plastic sheets inside leaning against the glass,it's all along lower clear glass.Another reason not to judge until jobs complete

trust me i'm a glazier and i know a broker pane of toughened glass when i see it,

North Berwick Jambo

Big thank you to Obua and Kila for the awesome pictures, i cant wait to be back in Gorgie towards the end of October to see what it looks like. The last time i stood in front of it was back in February as they were completing the steelwork and the old stand was still there. PS.. Obua that panoramic photo is great but is there any chance you can go up to the highest point  possible up the next flight of stairs towards the middle of the stand and take the panoramic photo from there Please!! I have been asking for months now and your photo is the closest yet ;)

Edited by Ibiza Jambo

jimbojumbojambo

One question (probably answered before) - what turnstiles do away fans use to enter the Roseburn stand ?. The "Mercer" ones at the side of the entrance/exit path have gone so do they go in the main stand to the left of the Nursery, up to the concourse and then round to the Roseburn or will some new provision be made in the area currently occupied by the site offices.?

(Actually that's 2 questions).

One question (probably answered before) - what turnstiles do away fans use to enter the Roseburn stand ?. The "Mercer" ones at the side of the entrance/exit path have gone so do they go in the main stand to the left of the Nursery, up to the concourse and then round to the Roseburn or will some new provision be made in the area currently occupied by the site offices.?

I dont believe they will enter the main stand, for obvious reasons, and that there will be provisions for turnstiles where the old ones used to be.

The Natural Order

New turnstiles are going in the same sort of area as the old ones (so still behind the maroon gates to the right of the nursery, if I'm making sense). The new stand's north concourse and the Roseburn concourse aren't going to be joined.

New turnstiles are going in the same sort of area as the old ones (so still behind the maroon gates to the right of the nursery, if I'm making sense). The new stand's north concourse and the Roseburn concourse aren't going to be joined.

That's whats on the plans. 

The Natural Order

That's whats on the plans. 

I was told the plans changed. That bit of corner concourse was seen as a waste of construction time and money for something that would practically end up as an unused segregation area. If you think about it you couldn't have home fans going towards the exit being used by way fans and same the other way round. It would just be redundant space.

allystrachan

So what's the chat with this composite decking? Is that the final finish or does it get an additional cover over it?

They look like they could create a bit of noise if everyone is stamping their feet.

Bad Religion

Those concrete seating struts are so light weight, 1 guy is able to fit them using one hand, see picture 1

With the help of a crane.

But yes I agree, they do look lightweight.

Edited by Bad Religion

I was told the plans changed. That bit of corner concourse was seen as a waste of construction time and money for something that would practically end up as an unused segregation area. If you think about it you couldn't have home fans going towards the exit being used by way fans and same the other way round. It would just be redundant space.

Yeah, I agree. 

Buffalo Bill

It' a pity we're not wrapping the walkway all the way round the stadium.  

Missing out on a great wee side-line  ;)

Marmaris-Karting-3.jpg

Edited by Buffalo Bill

So what's the chat with this composite decking? Is that the final finish or does it get an additional cover over it?

They look like they could create a bit of noise if everyone is stamping their feet.

I'm thinking when Tynecastle gets bouncing, the main standers will literally be bouncing.

heartsfc_fan

Are they still linking the Main with the Gorgie?

Some of these were poster on the FB page from the guys doing the concrete, they are clearly some older photos but a couple of different ones of the old stand.

hoq9wjn.jpg

Ad0BXUc.jpg

mbsueXH.jpg

A2mObsI.jpg

...a bit disco

It' a pity we're not wrapping the walkway all the way round the stadium.  

Missing out on a great wee side-line  ;)

Marmaris-Karting-3.jpg

:rofl:

See, it's this kind of 'Out The Box' thinking...

kingantti1874

It' a pity we're not wrapping the walkway all the way round the stadium.

Missing out on a great wee side-line ;)

Marmaris-Karting-3.jpg

BTW that would have been mint.. :rofl:

I propose Buffalo Bill be appointed as the new Chief operating officer, anybody who manages to combine karting and football is fine by me :D