New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

0eddc4149b09f035c3f3b5b69fe91ee0.pnghere u go bud, something like that.

Hate that they've done the new stand in black and white.  We're not St Midden FFS.  Budge oot.

Bazzas right boot

It looks different when in black n' white only.

you can exit at the top of stand,the stairs go down at the back of the sky lounge.

That's great to know. I am also in row 35 and one of my concerns was that at the end of the game it would take 15 or 20 minutes just to exit the stadium. Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem now.

"...in for the whole day" is probably stretching it a bit, but what I mean is creating a culture whereby thousands of fans can stay for a bit longer than just the 90 minutes. I don't like using modern terms like 'fan zones' but there are well-discussed ways and means to attract fans to arrive early and stay later. Rather than having a fully functioning pub, for instance, which has greater maintenance and outlays, we should make it more 'pop up' or more simplified to make it more cost-effective in terms of operating, a bit like they do at outdoor events like the golf open and at festivals, and on that sort of scale - hundreds, rather than dozens. Similarly, if you see the queues outside McDonalds before and after the game, I wonder whether that's a passing trade we could pick up ourselves at Tynecastle; that sort of thing.

I guess for families/kids it's great when the club puts on the Gorgie Club but it would be brilliant to see it become more established and on a bigger scale. One day, I'd like the club to develop and use all our available space and for the fans to use it habitually and staunchly.

I live a wee bit away from Tynecastle so when I come into Gorgie every home game, I make a bit of a day of it. Like a lot of fans, I spend money pre and post match, but I would like to spend more and longer at the stadium with my friends if the facilities are there, and as part of the custom of attending games.

Agree with this.

In my mind the old Gerrards Yard area, once the temporary nursery is no longer required, would be ideal to use as a 'fan zone'.

Pop up bars, stalls, a stage possibly, a large canopy in the middle to keep dry/shelter from the blazing sun (ehem).

All season ticket holders can gain entry once within stadium but with steward entry/exit to police numbers.

This venue would allay any safety concerns that the police etc may fear if similar was done on the new main stand side of the ground given away fans would be around that area.

EPL clubs are going the same was an American franchises. Fan zones, entertainment away from the actual game, cafes, restaurants. All adds to a better day out. 

I'm off to the states on Saturday, looking forward to taking in a few baseball and American football games. 

We should be looking at ways to encourage folk to get to Tynie earlier and make more of a day of it. I can't see the harm of trying to get more food/drink options in. I reckon a couple of coffee/barista stands would actually do quite well. 

It would help if clubs were allowed to sell alcohol in the grounds (under strict condition of course). Alternatively a former Hibbie colleague of mine posted a picture on his Facebook page of him standing in the fan zone at Easter Road. I suppose something like that behind the Wheatfield would be very popular.

Buffalo Bill

It's a bit like a busy pub to me, loads of people queing at a bar trying hard to spend their money and not enough bar staff to take it of them.....

In fact, this is exactly why we should do it like a Golf Open/Festival type 'pop up' bar rather than our very own version of the Caley Sample Rooms. We could make it only a very small selection, say lager and one other and there is no fannying about at the bar. In another corner, you have a 'bottle bar', with two or three choices, four for a tenner, there you go, sorted.

Agree with this.

In my mind the old Gerrards Yard area, once the temporary nursery is no longer required, would be ideal to use as a 'fan zone'.

Pop up bars, stalls, a stage possibly, a large canopy in the middle to keep dry/shelter from the blazing sun (ehem).

All season ticket holders can gain entry once within stadium but with steward entry/exit to police numbers.

This venue would allay any safety concerns that the police etc may fear if similar was done on the new main stand side of the ground given away fans would be around that area.

It's a great idea and I know our resident Aberdeen fans would approve of this ;)

alwaysthereinspirit

Any negative posts on here after looking at this are obviously by #obos. That is awesome. fantastic job by everyone involved.

That's great to know. I am also in row 35 and one of my concerns was that at the end of the game it would take 15 or 20 minutes just to exit the stadium. Hopefully this shouldn't be a problem now.

When club were putting case to Council one of the things they highlighted was exit from game would be quicker.

Main stand folks to fill Tynecastle Arms.

Agree with this.

The Three Sisters in the Cowgate is a decent example of what you suggest, a Stage with giant screen, brolly's, tables, bar, themed events, & enough room for a couple of hundred punters or more, Pre & post match football I'd imagine would generate a decent amount of cash.

Only stumbling block is wether local residents & licensing would permit on non match days.

Father Tiresias

We need a bar similar to Shearers at St James Park complete with loads of TV's to watch the 12:30 and 17:30 games.  I've been a few times and it's always mobbed.

There's going to be a lot of space outside the new stand, surely a part of it could be fenced off for an outside bar, possibly with big screens showing a lunchtime/teatime game before/after the match.

We need a bar similar to Shearers at St James Park complete with loads of TV's to watch the 12:30 and 17:30 games. I've been a few times and it's always mobbed.

Imagine integrating Robbo's into Tynecastle ? :rofl:

oh ah grantona

There's going to be a lot of space outside the new stand, surely a part of it could be fenced off for an outside bar, possibly with big screens showing a lunchtime/teatime game before/after the match.

Man City have an outside bar that's decent and really not that big

We need a bar similar to Shearers at St James Park complete with loads of TV's to watch the 12:30 and 17:30 games.  I've been a few times and it's always mobbed.

It's called NINE now and it's shite.

The Treasurer

Man City have an outside bar that's decent and really not that big

Is it full of glory hunting fan-bois taking selfies of their half and half scarves

Is it full of glory hunting fan-bois taking selfies of their half and half scarves

Unlikely something similar at Tynecastle would result in that though ;)

Went by today for the first time since the temporary clips came off the facade.

The stand is going to look gracious, elegant and magnificent. I really appreciate the photographs on here -- but they don't quite convey how good it is.

No wonder there's a 45-page thread about it on shagyoursister.net, seething with anger and jealousy. It'll get a lot worse when they actually set eyes on it, at the first home derby.

Also no wonder that almost all of the standard STs in the new stand are now sold out, with only a handful of seats left in the Wheatfield and Gorgie for match day sale.

Upwards and onwards  :sunny:

Went past today and couldn't stop to take photos but seen them working very fast at laying the monoblock piazza area near the Roseburn end, good progress. It'll certainly be good if everyone can exit the top of the new stand as well rather than waiting in huge queues to get out at the end of the game. I thought for some reason the top exits were only for Sky lounge punters. I stand (pun alert) corrected.

The stand is going to look gracious, elegant and magnificent. I really appreciate the photographs on here -- but they don't quite convey how good it is.

No wonder there's a 45-page thread about it on shagyoursister.net, seething with anger and jealousy. It'll get a lot worse when they actually set eyes on it, at the first home derby.

Also no wonder that almost all of the standard STs in the new stand are now sold out, with only a handful of seats left in the Wheatfield and Gorgie for match day sale.

Upwards and onwards  :sunny:

89 pages of utter bobbins.

Bitter and, the odd sensible poster aside, full of utterly unhinged conspiracy theories from people who can barely type a literate sentence. I guess the keyboards in the lunatic asylums are pretty worn out. 

Upwards and onwards :sunny:

I like these types of posts , well done Sir can't wait to take my seat in it . In fact I might take a detour on the way to the Aberdeen game to take a butchers for myself .

sorry even that's to complex for me,I'm not to good with this stuff.

Just go to that website on whatever device has your photos (phone or computer), and follow the instructions on the website. You'll manage :thumbsup:

King Of The Cat Cafe

sorry even that's to complex for me,I'm not to good with this stuff.

Mods, how about pinning a "How to upload pictures" piece at the top of the Terrace?  This is one of the most asked questions on here.

Mods, how about pinning a "How to upload pictures" piece at the top of the Terrace?  This is one of the most asked questions on here.

A better forum theme would help - the functionality is all there for uploading directly to the forum it's just hidden on the desktop site and not really possible from a mobile device (unless you use the tapatalk app which I think is honking, the mobile version/theme for JKB is quite nice)

It'd be nice if forum uploaded images were previewed full size (or at least at a reasonable size) instead of the current tiny thumbnail

Advantage of uploading to the forum is the photos will live on for as long as this site exists. Already in this thread photos have disappeared because the 3rd party has already trashed them.

Edited by kila

Just go to that website on whatever device has your photos (phone or computer), and follow the instructions on the website. You'll manage :thumbsup:

cant get it to work I could email pics if anyone want to do it.

I'm in the same boat as Obua here.There have been a few times I've been down and taken a couple of photos I'd like to have put on here but have no idea how to do it. Even the seemingly simple instructions and websites have me baffled.

So have I and have to agree. A similar setup would bring in a good income. I also like the fact you can have a beer on the concourses there! 

Easiest thing to do is use Imgur to upload your pics, then click the picture icon on this forum and paste the Imgur link.

I don't know how to paste and things like that sorry.

Unknown user

Mental how thin the decking is! I know people have said it's a composite material, but what does that mean? What's it actually made of?

Great photos by the way

Edited by ManMoth

kingantti1874

Easiest thing to do is use Imgur to upload your pics, then click the picture icon on this forum and paste the Imgur link.

You can download Tapatalk.. Log into the forum through that then you can post pics straight out your phone gallery

jambo-in-furness

Typical, the first bit to go in is the restricted (by the police box) view seats.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

"...in for the whole day" is probably stretching it a bit, but what I mean is creating a culture whereby thousands of fans can stay for a bit longer than just the 90 minutes. I don't like using modern terms like 'fan zones' but there are well-discussed ways and means to attract fans to arrive early and stay later. Rather than having a fully functioning pub, for instance, which has greater maintenance and outlays, we should make it more 'pop up' or more simplified to make it more cost-effective in terms of operating, a bit like they do at outdoor events like the golf open and at festivals, and on that sort of scale - hundreds, rather than dozens. Similarly, if you see the queues outside McDonalds before and after the game, I wonder whether that's a passing trade we could pick up ourselves at Tynecastle; that sort of thing.

I guess for families/kids it's great when the club puts on the Gorgie Club but it would be brilliant to see it become more established and on a bigger scale. One day, I'd like the club to develop and use all our available space and for the fans to use it habitually and staunchly.

I live a wee bit away from Tynecastle so when I come into Gorgie every home game, I make a bit of a day of it. Like a lot of fans, I spend money pre and post match, but I would like to spend more and longer at the stadium with my friends if the facilities are there, and as part of the custom of attending games.

I like the idea of a pop up bar BB.  The Edinburgh Beer factory have one on the go during the festival down at The Arches. I wouldn't mind them popping up at Tynie on a match day, their Paulozzi beer is not too shabby.

Typical, the first bit to go in is the restricted (by the police box) view seats.

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Wont be restricted for too long.

When do they start trying to stripping it back ?

Good photos by the way.

Edited by Jamboelite

I assume the steel goes around the police box frame, will the staging need re-done once the police box goes by that side as more steel is added?