New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Who needs Goncalves & Lafferty when we have obua & kila?........what a partnership, WELL DONE GUYS, keep 'em pics coming.

PS. Mr Sifter, Looking forward to your "renewed" contributions, another excellent contributor to this thread.

So that's Hibs.net now got nearly a 90 page thread on the new stand. They're not arsed or jealous though.

Did we ever have a thread when they were building their stand? I certainly don't recall anything. Why are they so interested in what we're doing I wonder?

Did we ever have a thread when they were building their stand? I certainly don't recall anything. Why are they so interested in what we're doing I wonder?

Haven't you heard, mate? We're skint, can't afford the stand and Admin 2.0 is just round the corner.

North Berwick Jambo

you mean like this. IMG_0269.JPG

Yes! Finally! Thank you so much Obua you really have made my day. What an awesome view eh! For the fans sitting towards the back of the new stand Tynecastle really will look a hell of a lot bigger than before. I can't wait to come back and see it in two months. Also thanks for the other great pictures today folks! I am off to show all of my Spanish football loving pals and even those not so interested the latest updates again lol.

So that's Hibs.net now got nearly a 90 page thread on the new stand. They're not arsed or jealous though.

Correct.  They are merely dim-witted losers.

And always have been.

Would it be possible to wrap/clad the floodlight pylons to make it totally enclosed?

that's an excellent idea, could we put up big T.V screens or new legends posters? would be awesome IMO.

Don't think it's likely that they'll wrap/clad the floodlights to enclose the stadium. Need the ventilation to dry the pitch.

Wondered about that. How do grounds with filled corners get by?

Could use some sort of mesh that let air through but blocked out light?

It houses all the controls for the stadium and the plan is to deconstruct enough, to mean no blocked view, until a decision is then made to remove it into the other stand or leave where it is.

Ah, ok.  It would be a real shame if there were to be restricted view seats, thats what bothers me most. I heard that the police had a good amount of space in the new main stand, I was hoping that would be where things would be controlled from given modern technology as we know it. I'm sure the best resolution will be sought.

They're like some scaffy curtain twitching neighbours, bad mouthing your pristine new car while they're raking down the side of their couch to get change for the bus.

Pinching obua's photo and making the stand walls maroon:

maroon_wallsa.jpg

Or random colours the size of human torsos that give the impression it's part of the crowd, like that arena in Portugal. 3/4 full arena with random coloured seats looks full. 

Another tropical illusion.

J.T.F.Robertson

That .net thread is hilarious......for all the wrong reasons.....deary me

I rarely look over there these days but they've been given enough ammunition from another thread on here to further foster every delusory / wishful thought they could ever hope for.

****** unbelievable.

?

Maybe a bit obtuse there. :(

I was referring to the "Ann Budge" thread as being all the ammunition they need, haven't looked over there so I may have lifted the wrong end of the stick as far as your ".net thread" reference goes.

Aye I'm sure your calculations of looking at a photo are more accurate than qualified architects and mechanical engineers.

I've been in construction for over 60 years so do know that photos can convey the wrong impression. All I said was it looks very tight. Purely a comment on the apparent space left for lower staging. Btw, mechanical engineers will have had little to do with the design of the slope of the seating. Just saying !!!!

From the BSB Structural Ltd Facebook page.

20992737_494049540945621_735893532279446

20992596_494049544278954_255312205333268

21034572_494049547612287_752745842953017

Doubt i'll be alone - not a fan of that top pic at all.

However, it is better than we had and means we stay at Tynie so got to roll with the punches.

However, it is better than we had and means we stay at Tynie so got to roll with the punches.

Roll with the punches???

Insert face palm here...

Gene Parmesan

Just for context, I'm going to compare our new glass facade with the outsides of the most recent built stands at other clubs.

3145103_dbff431d.jpg

hibs1.jpg

Celtic%20Park%203.jpg

Ibrox+8.jpg

rugby-park-exterior.jpg

Fir+Park+5.jpg

new-douglas-park4211l.jpg

Come on.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Just for context, I'm going to compare our new glass facade with the outsides of the most recent built stands at other clubs.

3145103_dbff431d.jpg

hibs1.jpg

Celtic%20Park%203.jpg

Ibrox+8.jpg

rugby-park-exterior.jpg

Fir+Park+5.jpg

Come on.

In comparison it looks glorious.

:wow:

I've been in construction for over 60 years so do know that photos can convey the wrong impression. All I said was it looks very tight. Purely a comment on the apparent space left for lower staging. Btw, mechanical engineers will have had little to do with the design of the slope of the seating. Just saying !!!!

You're genuinely wondering why you were shot down for asking if the stand will fit in the space when the steel is 90% complete.. words fail me.

I'm pretty sure mechanical engineers would've been consulted on the construction of the steel work.

Clerry Jambo

Listen it's looking smart but to compare with other stands, surely cost comes into it aswell. I've no idea what these other stands cost.

I've been in construction for over 60 years so do know that photos can convey the wrong impression. All I said was it looks very tight. Purely a comment on the apparent space left for lower staging. Btw, mechanical engineers will have had little to do with the design of the slope of the seating. Just saying !!!!

60 years in construction aye...

You're genuinely wondering why you were shot down for asking if the stand will fit in the space when the steel is 90% complete.. words fail me.

I'm pretty sure mechanical engineers would've been consulted on the construction of the steel work.

No the Mechanical lads wouldn't have anything to do with the design of the Steel work. That would be the province of the Structural Engineer.

Incidentally, I'm not unduly concerned. I was only commenting how tight it looked. I have every confidence that Jim Clydesdale knows what he is doing !!!!!

3145103_dbff431d.jpg

hibs1.jpg

Celtic%20Park%203.jpg

Ibrox+8.jpg

rugby-park-exterior.jpg

Fir+Park+5.jpg

Come on.

Knock out punch....

60 years in construction aye...

and unlike you, not a continual knocker of what CL is doing !!! I have mentioned before that you should stick to keeping us informed of the intricacies of curtain walling and let CL get on with his job.

Ibrox+8.jpg

Come on.

They really are pug ugly. This one takes the biscuit though, where is that?

All roads lead to Gorgie

If the lower section appears tight for space remember the old enclosures looked smaller from the Wheatfield side, when you were actually in them they were quite a bid wider. 

All roads lead to Gorgie

Ibroke.

They're like some scaffy curtain twitching neighbours, bad mouthing your pristine new car while they're raking down the side of their couch to get change for the bus.

:lol:

and unlike you, not a continual knocker of what CL is doing !!! I have mentioned before that you should stick to keeping us informed of the intricacies of curtain walling and let CL get on with his job.

I don't agree with him on CL either, but are you seriously suggesting that because he is working on the stand, he doesn't get an opinion on the running of the club the same as other Hearts fans?

and unlike you, not a continual knocker of what CL is doing !!! I have mentioned before that you should stick to keeping us informed of the intricacies of curtain walling and let CL get on with his job.

Is that right - maybe you should keep daft thoughts to yourself regarding the new stand encroaching on to the pitch....... :qqb006:

Buffalo Bill

Plenty room for the bottom sections of steel and staging. You just start at one end and work your way back, shutting the door behind you as you leave, no?

samcdonald22

I know there are lots of moaners, which is fine, but i just wonder what they had in mind considering the budget, i think it looks superb

Is that right - maybe you should keep daft thoughts to yourself regarding the new stand encroaching on to the pitch....... :qqb006:

Is that why we're going to play without wingers? :lol:

Have to admit I had never seen this one before either, but apparently it's Snake Mountain.

Heartsofgold

Have to admit I had never seen this one before either, but apparently it's Snake Mountain.

It's the Copeland Road End so away fans never see it.  Butt ugly offices.

3145103_dbff431d.jpg

hibs1.jpg

Celtic%20Park%203.jpg

Ibrox+8.jpg

rugby-park-exterior.jpg

Fir+Park+5.jpg

Come on.

Great post!!!

Plenty room for the bottom sections of steel and staging. You just start at one end and work your way back, shutting the door behind you as you leave, no?

Don't go being all sensible, practical and logical on us, some of us like to imagine issues when we don't understand the technical stuff!!

Governor Tarkin

It's the Copeland Road End so away fans never see it. Butt ugly offices.

We we're in it for a match vs Falkirk on our way to winning the Scottish cup in 1998. Wee Kevin MacAllister ripped us a new one that day and I recall thinking that the 3-1 scoreline flattered us.

My mate got accidently hit in the eye with an inflatible hammer just before half time and had to go to the medic. They wanted to keep a hold of him as his pupils were heavily dilated, but this was more to do with the eccies he'd dropped prior to kick off than the incident with the hammer.

This is my memory of the Copeland Road end.

Well aware that this is going to sound a bit ironic considering my expression of disappointment about the grey stripes and the grid, but... that top picture actually looks pretty good and much better than I think it does from face on. Looks substantial and steely!

We we're in it for a match vs Falkirk on our way to winning the Scottish cup in 1998. Wee Kevin MacAllister ripped us a new one that day and I recall thinking that the 3-1 scoreline flattered us.

My mate got accidently hit in the eye with an inflatible hammer just before half time and had to go to the medic. They wanted to keep a hold of him as his pupils were heavily dilated, but this was more to do with the eccies he'd dropped prior to kick off than the incident with the hammer.

This is my memory of the Copeland Road end.

:yas:

Allowayjambo1874

To be fair some of those stands were built quite a long time ago now.

However our stand will look the baws and the comparison should blow away some of the moaners on here.

The one 'new' main stand that I've always been impressed with is Falkirk's.