New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Unknown user

All I can say is there will be an imminent announcement from the club.

In other words, yes, there's a delay. Fair enough.

(Well, unless we think Thomaso has to say nothing and that there's an imminent announcement because everything's going to plan of course!)

Edited by ManMoth

Cut The Crap

I can only but laugh..........we have posters, including 1 certainly in the know, answering points in a clear & concise manner & then..............this sort clearly picked up from nowhere!!!

The Club have contingencies in place, but despite not being ITK, I am confident that ALL contractors on site are trying their best to get the stadium finished to meet the demands of a safety certificate to allow the match vs Aberdeeen to be played at Tynecastle.

It would be good to support the guys on site & please try to ignore the "a guy working there told me" type of posts.

Heavy hint from that poster that there will indeed be a delay.

It's not really good enough for contractors to shrug their shoulders and say: "Sorry, but we tried our best."

Someone has to pay. That's the way it works. I'm confident the club has covered itself though!

Huge delay, all the steel work should have been in place by now and ready for the concrete platforms to be craned into place. The additional work carried out to the toilet areas etc. is not to blame for these delays.  

Huge delay, all the steel work should have been in place by now and ready for the concrete platforms to be craned into place. The additional work carried out to the toilet areas etc. is not to blame for these delays.  

The seat staging hasn't arrived yet, and if it had, could presumably be installed before the lower section of steel has been finished (see how the Wheatfield progressed)

Are you purely speculating a huge delay based upon photos posted here, or are you somewhat ITK?

Thomaso says the steelwork is on schedule. So what is it?

Heavy hint from that poster that there will indeed be a delay.

It's not really good enough for contractors to shrug their shoulders and say: "Sorry, but we tried our best."

Someone has to pay. That's the way it works. I'm confident the club has covered itself though!

Who's shrugging their shoulders???

As I have explained before this is a pretty unique project.   Because of the nursery situation, the design and programme for the new stand had to be accelerated, resulting in a hugely demanding programme, not to mention tight budget constraints.

As such many contractors would have walked away from this one, however mainly 'Hearts minded' contractors have stepped in to assist the Club, and are working their butts off to try to meet target deadlines.

Do you have a copy of the master programme then??

The

The seat staging hasn't arrived yet, and if it had, could presumably be installed before the lower section of steel has been finished (see how the Wheatfield progressed)

Are you purely speculating a huge delay based upon photos posted here, or are you somewhat ITK?

all the concrete sections are on hand ready for delivery but because of the steel work delay, are on hold. I have no idea why the top concrete sections aren't being put into place whilst the bottom steel section is being constructed. I'm not in ITK but have a close family friend who"s working on site.

johnking123

It's will be composite concrete. Will lighter and easier to assemble.

Edited by johnking123

Mars plastic

Thomaso - What is your view on any potential delay to the schedule (being open by Aberdeen), not completion of the stand.

You are the only person on here who is ITK from what I've read............ everything else appears to be hearsay/horseshit.

Not quite true. He's the only one who's ITK who shares what information he has on here.

Why so much negativity? This time three years ago, this was a pipedream. Im prepared to wait an extra month and spend a little bit more money for this special stadium to be complete.  It will be the envy of every Scottish football fan for years to come. 

No, do you like. 

Are you having a laugh???

Do you think his is working off a drawing on the back of a fag packet??

The poster you are directing this question to can certainly answer without any help from me, but at least show him, his firm & employees some respect.

The

all the concrete sections are on hand ready for delivery but because of the steel work delay, are on hold. I have no idea why the top concrete sections aren't being put into place whilst the bottom steel section is being constructed. I'm not in ITK but have a close family friend who"s working on site.

If he is ITK your family friend would know that we are not putting in concrete - the staging is coming from Korea.

Thomaso says the steelwork is on schedule. So what is it?

Thomaso claims to be ITK, I'm only quoting what i'm being told by a friend who is working on site.

And i'm made to believe it isn't just a week behind schedule either.

But time will tell.

Cut The Crap

Who's shrugging their shoulders???

As I have explained before this is a pretty unique project.   Because of the nursery situation, the design and programme for the new stand had to be accelerated, resulting in a hugely demanding programme, not to mention tight budget constraints.

As such many contractors would have walked away from this one, however mainly 'Hearts minded' contractors have stepped in to assist the Club, and are working their butts off to try to meet target deadlines.

Good to hear, T. 

The contractors involved didn't walk away and did agree to those deadlines, so I'd expect nothing less than them working as hard as they possibly can to meet the deadlines they committed to, thus ensuring the club does not incur unnecessary additional costs.

Thomaso claims to be ITK, I'm only quoting what i'm being told by a friend who is working on site.

And i'm made to believe it isn't just a week behind schedule either.

But time will tell.

There are some Hibbys on site. And there's some who are maybe yanking chains for fun too. One of the lads told me during the old stand demolition there were ghosts holding up the progress :whistling:

Thomaso, Only posting what i'm being told, but as i'e said time will tell mate. just 1 question, how far would you say we are behind schedule and what are the reasons?

Mars plastic

Thomaso, Only posting what i'm being told, but as i'e said time will tell mate. just 1 question, how far would you say we are behind schedule and what are the reasons?

That's a fairly subjective question....

Buffalo Bill

If we have to play a game at Murrayfield then it's not the end of the world. Tynecastle will be ready soon enough.

Are you having a laugh???

Do you think his is working off a drawing on the back of a fag packet??

The poster you are directing this question to can certainly answer without any help from me, but at least show him, his firm & employees some respect.

Respect, what the **** are you on about, this is a forum where you share information and discuss issues related to topic.

deary deary me.

The red panels are a bit of a strange choice, but I'm sure it will look good when it's finished.

I wonder why they didn't opt for white panels instead of red though. Would have been much more "Hearts" and probably still would have looked great.

Anyone care to do a mockup with white, or even black panels instead of the red?

troonmaroon

If we have to play a game at Murrayfield then it's not the end of the world. Tynecastle will be ready soon enough.

Here here!

I'll wait to hear what the club have to say imminently and I'm not all that fussed either way. If it's not fit for the Dons game, it won't be due to a lack of effort, and fair play to all involved! Club should be commended for having contingency plans afoot too.

The old stand was there for 100+ years, a few more weeks waiting for its replacement is a drop in the ocean.

After some extensive *ahem* photoshopping, here's what it could look like with other colours (taken from the club badge)

hmfc_1.png

The red doesn't seem so bad in comparison now...

The Future's Maroon

A date will be pencilled in for the checks for the safety certificate

Council have always been accommodating and will need to be here

But there is no evidence of a problem

i mention this a couple of weeks ago there was a big meeting with Hearts, main contractor, Council and NB Distillery - that meet was held, a wee past Thursday and no major issues were brought up at that time.

I have also been told, from contractor onsite they still expect to meet the deadline of Aberdeen game, there will have been contingency plans no matter what, but I wouldn't be reading too much into rumours.

I do have a good source for both of the above comments, I'm afraid it's not worth my job disclosing either but put it this way I spoke to the main contractor about this recently.

Sorry I can't say anymore or answer questions, due to the reason mention above.

That's a fairly subjective question....

So "IF" we are behind schedule what are the reasons, simple question which I'm sure others on the forum would be interested in hearing the reason for.

For some strange reason some individuals have reacted on information I have shared on here, I was told we are more than just 1 or 2 weeks behind schedule, very surprised we haven't heard anything from the club.

Cut The Crap

Not in the grand scheme of things, no.

The SRU will want paying, of course. Any idea how much?

I also believe a former member of popular 90s beat combo Take That is playing there on September 6. I assume that leaves enough time to convert it back for sporting use?

troonmaroon

i mention this a couple of weeks ago there was a big meeting with Hearts, main contractor, Council and NB Distillery - that meet was held, a wee past Thursday and no major issues were brought up at that time.

I have also been told, from contractor onsite they still expect to meet the deadline of Aberdeen game, there will have been contingency plans no matter what, but I wouldn't be reading too much into rumours.

I do have a good source for both of the above comments, I'm afraid it's not worth my job disclosing either but put it this way I spoke to the main contractor about this recently.

Good post.

With the mention of imminent announcements, I wonder if the club are possibly considering taking a risk-averse approach by opting to move the Aberdeen game now/ soon, rather than have to make that decision too close to the date.

Whatever the case, damned if we do do, damned if we don't. And by our own support at times...!

thanks.

After some extensive *ahem* photoshopping, here's what it could look like with other colours (taken from the club badge)

hmfc_1.png

I disagree. I think the red and the maroon tiles look the best aesthetically. They look good. It's a fairly subjective thing, isn't it?

Edited by steven_mck

Bad Religion

I disagree. I think the red and the maroon tiles look the best aesthetically. They look good. It's a fairly subjective thing, isn't it?

All maroon for me.

Mr Brightside

Understandably I don't think you will get an answer for this, as Thomaso is posting updates publicly and this is a sensitive issue.

If it's one or more of the contractors at fault then they might be subjected to liquidated damages. If the club is at fault then they could be incurring additional costs for an extension of time / disruption.

When it comes to delays in building projects it's amazing how different parties view the situation. It's even more complicated in this project with there not being a main contractor in place.

Mr Brightside

So "IF" we are behind schedule what are the reasons, simple question which I'm sure others on the forum would be interested in hearing the reason for.

For some strange reason some individuals have reacted on information I have shared on here, I was told we are more than just 1 or 2 weeks behind schedule, very surprised we haven't heard anything from the club.

With no main contractor appointed delays get messy. In no way am I ITK but say for example the steelwork was late and this made the M&E fit out start late, the M&E team could still finish their work in the allowed timescale but the project would still be late. The steelwork contractor's may say they were delayed due to adverse weather and therefore they delay could be at the clubs cost.

With no main contractor appointed delays get messy. In no way am I ITK but say for example the steelwork was late and this made the M&E fit out start late, the M&E team could still finish their work in the allowed timescale but the project would still be late. The steelwork contractor's may say they were delayed due to adverse weather and therefore they delay could be at the clubs cost.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated 

Mr Brightside

Thanks for the info, much appreciated

As I said I am not ITK and my example is totally made up, however I would expect if there was a delay there would be some heated meetings to discuss liability for the delay.

Not in the grand scheme of things, no.

The SRU will want paying, of course. Any idea how much?

I also believe a former member of popular 90s beat combo Take That is playing there on September 6. I assume that leaves enough time to convert it back for sporting use?

There are no concerts scheduled as far as I can see. Robbie Williams played there in June.

Mr Brightside

Hope you don't mind me asking, Who's the main contractor?

There isn't one. The pros and cons of this decision were discussed earlier in the thread.

luckyBatistuta

hmfc_1.png

Can you do one with a mixture of both these colours please, just out of curiosity

IMG_3360.jpg

The Future's Maroon

Hope you don't mind me asking, Who's the main contractor?

for the reason I said above, I said too much already, and someone from work who knows me/my username has already pulled me up....I will be going back to just a fan on this thread, sorry.

I actually tried to delete that post before anyone read what I'd typed.

(I know that stinks of talking bull, but this is my job and having just been pulled by a colleague, I can say any more)

There isn't one. The pros and cons of this decision were discussed earlier in the thread.

The post guaranteeing there is one has been edited. the plot thickens  

for the reason I said above, I said too much already, and someone from work who knows me/my username has already pulled me up....I will be going back to just a fan on this thread, sorry.

I actually tried to delete that post before anyone read what I'd typed.

(I know that stinks of talking bull, but this is my job and having just been pulled by a colleague, I can say any more)

No bother, Just find it strange that there's a lot of hush hush going on regarding these delays but I do understand your situation.