New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Bazzas right boot

Can't wait until he repeats it again in a couple of days time.

Stay tuned in.

Edited by Rudi'sleftfoot

Stop being a dick. You have been on kickback everyday for nigh on the last two years. You are well aware of all the facts re funding of the new stand. You are just shit stirring now by acting ignorant re this project.

Well said John   He isn't the only one. There appears to be a lot of shit stirrers on this thread which is supposed to be about the stand.  Anyway now that Cathro has gone no doubt he will be giving all and sundry his advice on the new set-up whatever that is.

5 weeks to go.

Using the Wheatfield timeframes for comparison, all looks to be on schedule. Club claim it is too. Can only hope it is and that the seat staging arrives on time! Due to dock in the next week or two?

Here's hoping, but I genuinely can't see it being ready for use on 9th September.

Non architect fans I assume. :)

Is it only me that thinks all the mysterious benefactors might just be Ann Budge, who often gets vilified?

I agree Dave

Hagar the Horrible

Here's hoping, but I genuinely can't see it being ready for use on 9th September.

To be fair the little thing that are hidden take up most of the work, the fittting of the concrete(resin?)  terracing will go up quick as will the seating, its the water/power and the turnstyles and securing the remainder of the building work for me looks a worry?,  it might have been better to target the Partick game and we should have just played at Murrayfield. Why put ourselves under pressure and critism

A couple from teatime tonight.....

05.jpg?v73122806441051

06.jpg?v73122806441051

I know it's a bit late to change, but always thought the ground level outer walls should have been same colour as old main stand, using similar bricks, making it modern with a subtle nod to the past also. just a thought....... (see filled in corners!) 

All roads lead to Gorgie

I like the red squares.

So do the Russians. I hope Vlad isn't getting involved again.  :sunny: 

Undecided about the red squares. I'd have preferred them to be a darker red/lighter maroon, like the original artist impressions. However, it does make the stand look brighter though, especially considering the actual stand walls will be all maroon.

The stand/glass looks so different depending on angle, time of day and weather, so I think the red contrast will look top notch sometimes and more ok other times.

Dunno if this has been posted already But the latest from the bitters is that Murrayfield big wigs have refused us the stadium for any home games , they really are morons ic the highest order

Dunno if this has been posted already But the latest from the bitters is that Murrayfield big wigs have refused us the stadium for any home games , they really are morons ic the highest order

Yup bound to be true no way would we have considered a standard agreement being reached for this eventuality nope no nopety nope we would have left it till now to discuss..

****ing retards.

Edited by Jamboelite

Utter bullshit.

I don't get why there are red squares, maroon yes, red no.

Agree with this, as someone earlier said, why not white to go with the maroon?

Agree with this, as someone earlier said, why not white to go with the maroon?

I think white would be too stark, maybe look as if a panel had fallen off

Bazzas right boot

All this panic about being ready for Aberdeen.

If it's not, cancel the game. After the last two games a 0-3 would be a good result.

All this panic about being ready for Aberdeen.

If it's not, cancel the game. After the last two games a 0-3 would be a good result.

The game will be played at murrayfield

Some I took walking past this evening

Looks like the permanent face caps have started going in on the facade by the Gorgie end

916628_img7773.jpg

295610_img7776.jpg

884608_img7782.jpg

Some I took walking past this evening

Looks like the permanent face caps have started going in on the facade by the Gorgie end

916628_img7773.jpg

295610_img7776.jpg

884608_img7782.jpg

Noticed the face caps on my way home tonight. Think they look smart.

David McCaig

Noticed the face caps on my way home tonight. Think they look smart.

I think the white facecaps look very washed out... Black would have been a much better contrast.

troonmaroon

Ahh, now we know why Thomaso has sadly left us. He knew a new glass facade debate was just a day away...

Ps looks better than the black/ temp fixings to me.

Mars plastic

Ahh, now we know why Thomaso has sadly left us. He knew a new glass facade debate was just a day away...

Where's he gone likes?

King Of The Cat Cafe

Absolute nap that the next big debate will be facecaps. And lo, it's begun.

Yep. It's a meh from me - so far anyway.

troonmaroon

Where's he gone likes?

Dunno but was discussed yesterday that it seemed his account had been deactivated/ deleted.

Edit: but I see he's back, whoop! Or did I dream that sh1te, hopefully along with the rest of the last x months of being a Jambo....

Edited by troonmaroon

The face caps look silver and reflective, blend in more if you look at the facade from the side

I think thomaso said it'd be maroon face caps for the maroon glass

Mars plastic

Dunno but was discussed yesterday that it seemed his account had been deactivated/ deleted.

To be honest, I can't imagine Craig Levein being too happy if he found out he was getting it tight on here by one of the major subbies on the new stand.

I think the white facecaps look very washed out... Black would have been a much better contrast.

You'll never shine if you constantly whine. :sunny:

Black would be to harsh on the overall look,would make it box like not a flowing curve.

Has Thomaso been banned or deleted his account or something? Noticed on another thread his name was greyed out

He's showing active for me.

Mr Brightside

I think black would have looked better as well.

Still here.

What you are seeing is only the pressure plates. The caps are snapped onto the pressure plates.

The caps are in grey to the curved facade, and maroon to the side elevations - they will be fitted in a copile of weeks.

Edit: but I see he's back, whoop! Or did I dream that sh1te, hopefully along with the rest of the last x months of being a Jambo....

I was deactivated last night for some unknown reason - no response from the Mods but back on now.

Still here.

What you are seeing is only the pressure plates. The caps are snapped onto the pressure plates.

The caps are in grey to the curved facade, and maroon to the side elevations - they will be fitted in a copile of weeks.

Now you've commented on it i can say good cause i didnt like that as a finished look haha

They are not the face caps!!!!