New Stand: Ongoing work (updated)

Clerry Jambo

Footballfirst

Question : I hear the kids are moving to Dalry Primary this month is this because these units in Gerrards Yard won't be ready in time.

I don't know about the time scales for the opening of the new location (the final planning decision for it is only due this evening), but the Nursery's newsletter suggests that the nursery staff and kids moved to Dalry PS during the week commencing 28 November.

Bazzas right boot

Could have saved a small fortune on the demolition works.

Should have gave Rangers fans access to the main stand for thier recent game, after skelping them they would have made short work of what has been done so far.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

I'll be a bit sad to see the old stand go! It's where we always went when times were good and my Dad had extra money and we went there as a treat (back in the days when you could stand on the terracing. 

I still have my ST there but the seats are so uncomfortable now I'm fully grown!

August Landmesser

Won't be long before the tree is in the way.

:sob:

Hope it's still there for the Thistle game at least, but I don't hold out much hope for it being there for Killie or Aberdeen judging from the progress being made...

I was at Tynecastle Senior Secondary School (as it was called) and remember it being built. Your right about the name of the clubs.......

Tynie High living up to it's reputation !

d2d3db4e3ff1e1345090389d9f9ec6bc.jpg

Clark Griswold

Tynie High living up to it's reputation !

d2d3db4e3ff1e1345090389d9f9ec6bc.jpg

There shouldn't be a space after your last word and the exclamation mark if you're going to nit pick... :lol:

There shouldn't be a space after your last word and the exclamation mark if you're going to nit pick... :lol:

How many times did you check your post before you hit 'Add Reply'? :)

Haha, not to mention he meant "its reputation", not "it's"!

Fxxx the SPFL

Hopefully some more pics up today from our friends FF and Farin who have too much time on their hands lucky swines.

Haha, not to mention he meant "its reputation", not "it's"!

Nope, "it's" is correct I'm afraid. The apostrophe denotes the genitive, like Mike's shoes, or Rudi's goals, or Lennon's yellow teeth.

Hackney Hearts

Nope, "it's" is correct I'm afraid. The apostrophe denotes the genitive, like Mike's shoes, or Rudi's goals, or Lennon's yellow teeth.

Nope. "Its" is the possessive form. 

No, it's not. Possessive pronouns don't have have an apostrophe. The other examples you provided are correct but it doesn't apply to 'its' when showing possession.

I've looked it up, seems like HH is right (******!)

's only applies to nouns whose plural is made by adding an S at the end - live and learn!

Hagar the Horrible

I've looked it up, seems like HH is right (******!)

's only applies to nouns whose plural is made by adding an S at the end - live and learn!

I love this thread it just shows we are capable of debating grammer as well as footballing matters, and just to add my infinitismal portion:-

's only applies to nouns to whom the plural is made by appending an 'S' at the cessation of subjected noun.

Al'so apos'tophie's' can be stuck any'whe're! Innit'

jambos are go!

the council buildings were not built as council buildings.

they opened in 1968 as social clubs.

the shop was for the scruffs like myself above that was for the middle class and the one directly behind the stand was for the toffs.

if my memory serves me right in order they were called ace of Hearts club. the Rosebury club. and the Midlothian suite.

the council buildings were not built as council buildings.

they opened in 1968 as social clubs.

the shop was for the scruffs like myself above that was for the middle class and the one directly behind the stand was for the toffs.

if my memory serves me right in order they were called ace of Hearts club. the Rosebury club. and the Midlothian suite.

Small point. Sure it was the Rosebury Suite which was both a function suite for hire and part of the Ace of Hearts otherwise. Whole development was a financial flop and had to be sold off. Handy on match days though.

King Of The Cat Cafe

I love this thread it just shows we are capable of debating grammer as well as footballing matters, and just to add my infinitismal portion:-

's only applies to nouns to whom the plural is made by appending an 'S' at the cessation of subjected noun.

Al'so apos'tophie's' can be stuck any'whe're! Innit'

I think we were actually debating grammar.  ;)

The it's/its argument is debatable, but apparently a "!" should not have a space before it!, 

That looks wrong though, I'm sticking with my way !

Fxxx the SPFL

IT'S PHOTOS WE WANT NOT AN ARGUMENT/DISCUSSION/BANTER AROUND GRAMMER FECK  OF OFF TO THE SHED FOR THAT. :bobby: In the nicest possible way, it's photos i say photos.

0bb184e7549c721ac24a56179aa324e5.jpg

Correct.

Great pic Farin. It looked pretty decent back then. I just remember it through its shabby years and couldn't understand why it was built so close to Hearts' main stand.

Jambos are go/Farin/esdxc37 - any idea when that building was sold off? (Presumably it was Hearts who built it first for supporters clubs?)

I always knew it as the Adult Education Centre but I've no idea where I got that from - was it ever used for that?

Although not directly about the new stand, it's an interesting history lesson

Great pic Farin. It looked pretty decent back then. I just remember it through its shabby years and couldn't understand why it was built so close to Hearts' main stand.

Jambos are go/Farin/esdxc37 - any idea when that building was sold off? (Presumably it was Hearts who built it first for supporters clubs?)

I always knew it as the Adult Education Centre but I've no idea where I got that from - was it ever used for that?

It was definitely an adult education centre in the 90s. Maybe even until around about when Romanov turned up.

jamboinglasgow

IT'S PHOTOS WE WANT NOT AN ARGUMENT/DISCUSSION/BANTER AROUND GRAMMER FECK OF OFF TO THE SHED FOR THAT. :bobby: In the nicest possible way, it's photos i say photos.

Here here.

it was actually a very plush place on opening ... had various levels of membership

my dad took me there a few times before and after games as it was brilliant for getting players autographs

Not sure when it actually closed but the rumours at the time was that there was more money going into other peoples pockets than to Hearts.

We only got to buy it back because there were no lifts in the buildings so was unusable for its purpose so the club was allowed to buy it back for a song.

To the people taking the photos, top work :thumbsup:

I check this thread every day, and love seeing the progress!

Admin office almost down, and the social club down to the last chunk. Some snaps I took walking past today:

969b75acd5.png

969b853dfd.png

969b92615b.png

Trees must be getting nervous now - cant we throw some xmas lights on them for a little bit longer 

August Landmesser

Admin office almost down, and the social club down to the last chunk. Some snaps I took walking past today:

Great pics. Amazing to realise just how much space there is behind the main stand now the buildings are gone. Was hard to see when they were still standing

the 2 workmen in the 1st pic are doing bugger all,

get working you lazy sods.

The Queen will be oot with her stick

Every day I come on here and I'm now dreading the news of the tree,s demise.

I will be in mourning after that as I know it will be happening soon.

The ticket office is STILL standing I see  :seething: Are they knocking it doon wi teaspoons???

You could head along today with a chisel and see if they need a hand ;)

The ticket office is STILL standing I see :seething: Are they knocking it doon wi teaspoons???

Probably need permission to close the road before they bash on with that (guessing). So leaving it till last.

Edited by heartsfc_fan